When Realities Collide (IC) - Epiloge

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

When Realities Collide (IC) - Epiloge

Post by CelticREI » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Recap wrote: For those just joining us; strange things have been happening, Heroes such as Spider-Man, The Avengers, X-Men and others have found themselves in locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Jump City. Heroes such as the Teen Titans, JLA and CyberForce have meet with people such as Plutonian and Nightcrawler. The world(s) seem to be breaking down and colliding on an ever shifting schedule before being righted again.
DC Thread
Image Thread
Marvel Thread

When we last saw our heroes...
Captain America, Nightcrawler, Plutonian, Quicksilver and She-Venom dismantled two Sentinel's and the third went Hiroshima on them...
GM wrote: Captain America, Nightcrawler, Plutonian, Quicksilver and She-Venom find themselves not blown to kingdom come but inside an odd glowing pink Crystal palace...

A bug like creature scuttles by speaking some odd language to its self and disappears around a corner, not even noticing any of you.

It seems that you are on a pad of some sort, inside a small alcove. Those that watched old Sci-Fi shows might think it looks slightly like Star Trek's teleport pad. There is a wall directly in front of you with a small sign on it (what is on it in a second) a hallway to your left, to your right and straight ahead just a bit to the right of the sign.

Looking right ahead on the walls you see a hand written (in English) sign:
Sign wrote: ===== ^ Desert/Ocean =====
<--- Control Room ===== Sick Bay/Rooms --->
(Thus it can be assumed "Control Room" is to your left, "Desert/Ocean" is ahead down a hallway to the right of the sign and "Sick Bay/Rooms" is to the right. The "bug" went to the left toward the "Control Room")

Captain America seems to falter and goes to one knee "...Blast..." then he passes out. He's not looking too good...
Meanwhile... wrote: Abby, Green Arrow, HADES, Starfire and Superboy find themselves not in their normal positions like last time they remember going through one of those odd shifts. Each time it has been 'go to some odd place for anywhere between 2 to 10 minutes then the world blacks out and you are back to where you were before going to the odd place' now it seems you are in some other odd place, one made of pink glowing crystal.
It seems that you are on a pad of some sort, inside a small alcove. Those that watched old Sci-Fi shows might think it looks slightly like Star Trek's teleport pad. There is a wall directly in front of you with a small sign on it (what is on it in a second) a hallway to your left, to your right and straight ahead just a bit to the left of the sign.

<--- Sick Bay/Rooms ===== Control Room --->
(Thus it can be assumed "Control Room" is to your right, "Desert/Ocean" is ahead down a hallway to the left of the sign and "Sick Bay/Rooms" is to the left.)

Abby is still loosing blood from the wound in her neck and Green Arrow is passed out from some kind of strain, though how bad it effected him is anyone's guess until he is checked out.
Last edited by CelticREI on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: When Realities Collide (IC: Issue 1.5) - A Time for Healing.

Post by BlindPugh » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:49 am

Quicksilver- Pietro Maximoff
GM wrote: The Sentinel lights up for a short moment and then a large explosion begins, Quicksilver and Plutonian see it more clearly as they speed their brains and reactions but it is too close... the Sentinel was Nuclear powered after all...
"Dammit not yet!" maybe I can still make it back he thought perhaps I can find some way to diffuse it, I know I'm fast enough I can do it in time!
GM wrote:With hopping between places everyone besides Capt. are used to the world going dark, this time it's the opposite, the explosion turns their vision white.
In these last moments a thought may pass through one's head, or their life flash by their eyes, or even they don't react at all.
"Luna, I wasn't fast enough"
GM wrote:*Blink!*
GM wrote: Captain America, Nightcrawler, Plutonian, Quicksilver and She-Venom find themselves not blown to kingdom come but inside an odd glowing pink Crystal palace...
A bug like creature scuttles by speaking some odd language to its self and disappears around a corner, not even noticing any of you.
It seems that you are on a pad of some sort, inside a small alcove. Those that watched old Sci-Fi shows might think it looks slightly like Star Trek's teleport pad. There is a wall directly in front of you with a small sign on it (what is on it in a second) a hallway to your left, to your right and straight ahead just a bit to the right of the sign.

<--- Control Room ===== Sick Bay/Rooms --->
(Thus it can be assumed "Control Room" is to your left, "Desert/Ocean" is ahead down a hallway to the right of the sign and "Sick Bay/Rooms" is to the right. The "bug" went to the left toward the "Control Room")
"What the...
GM wrote:Captain America seems to falter and goes to one knee "...Blast..." then he passes out. He's not looking too good...
"STEVE! I have to help him, the sick bay of course" Pietro stoops to pick up his fallen comrade "They'll help me or I'll tear this whole place down around them!"
OOC wrote:Picking up cap & speeding off toward the Sick bay with him
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

LasomBrujha
Zealot
Zealot

Post by LasomBrujha » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:37 am

Superboy
Condition: 1 Bruse
HP: 1

The girl was bleeding badly and Ollie was out cold, both needed medical assistance, "Kory I'll get these two to the sickbay you and Tall dark and Metallic overthere stick together, I'll come find you when I know these two are okay to leave." With that Conner gently lifted the girl into his arms and hoisted Green Arrow onto his sholder and speeded to the Sickbay.
Off screen voice: Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Time Lords.
Doctor Who: Fear me, I've killed all of them.

Firebrand

Post by Karma » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:49 am

Starfire
Condition: Normal

"But Superboy--" Starfire starts, but he is already gone. Instead she turns to HADES.

"We do not know where we are or if the inhabitants are likely to be hostile. I believe we should go with Superboy, to insure that he and the others are not damaged further. That would not violate his instruction for us to stay together."

JBeatnik
Groupie
Groupie

Post by JBeatnik » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:58 am

Kurt nods. "Ja. We should see to the injured." He follows Quicksilver to the infirmary.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:03 pm

GM wrote: As Quicksilver runs down the hallway he find it branches again at a four-way. To his left is a sign stating "Sick Bay" forward doesn't have a sign and to the right is "Rooms". Heading to the left he finds a room with tables for sick and injured and some machinery to help heal or diagnose what ails you.

Superboy runs with Abby and Ollie (That sounds like a 70's TV show: Abby and Ollie. HADES can play the crabby but brilliant next door neighbor!) and finds a four-way intersection with "Sick Bay" to his right and "Rooms" to his left, it doesn't have a sign about forward. Heading the the right he finds tables and machines and... two people already in the room. One is buzzing around the room going faster then you are and the other is on a table looking kinda hurt.

Quicksilver will notice a man at the door with a young lady passed out, bleeding from the neck and older man passed out, but no bleeding.

Kurt would notice Superboy from behind as he followed Quicksilver
OOC wrote: Have fun folks. ^_^
Everyone else is free to come in as well. Karma, if Arknight isn't posting I'll give ye the permission to drag him along this time, if only for the comical value of Star dragging him.
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*

LasomBrujha
Zealot
Zealot

Post by LasomBrujha » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:45 pm

"I mean you no harm Doc, I just need some help, the young lady here has a severe neck wound and I can't tell what happened to the old guy on my back but he is passed out and won't wake up." Conner says as he asks for help from the other man in the room.

"You do understand the words that are commin out of my mouth, right?" asking what should have been the first question last in true Superboy style.

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Post by BlindPugh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:14 am

Superboy wrote:"I mean you no harm Doc, I just need some help, the young lady here has a severe neck wound and I can't tell what happened to the old guy on my back but he is passed out and won't wake up."

"Now is no time for your jokes. Now where are the senior Doctors? I will not trust a boy with the care of this man." Pietro could see Steve's disapproving look in his mind no emergency is big enough to excuse rudeness he'd tell him, but Steve was ill possibly dying & the universe needed him more than any aliens up here however human they may look.
Superboy wrote:"You do understand the words that are commin out of my mouth, right?"
"Do not presume to mock me boy! Now run along & fetch a real doctor, you can attend to those people when this man is cared for." He nods down toward Captain America's unconscious form.
Pietro awaited impatiently for the young man to help it was like he didn't even recognise Captain America, but that was impossible!

Berior
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Berior » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:36 am

Plutonian swore under his breath as the sentinel exploded with nuclear force, normaly surviving such a blast would be trivial for him but he was severely weakened and didn't know if he could this time. Worse he had failed to protect peoples from it. And then there was the flash of light and he found himself somewhere else.

What the hell was happening today ?

Still disoriented he saw quicksilver grab the good captain and speed off, presumably in search of medical treatment. Plutonian sped off after him and showed up in the sick bay perhaps all of five seconds after Pietro, but by the time he did other peoples where there and everyone seemed to be arguing. Well, they needed to find a doctor and Pietro was the quickest of them.

"Quicksilver, I doubt these peoples have anything to do with this place, they must be in a situation similar to ours. They don't exactly look like the giant bug we saw when we got here."

He used his x-ray vision to try and determine which of the peoples was the worst off, the captain might be important but Plutonian doubted he would have wanted someone else to die while they waited to be treated.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:33 am

GM wrote: Plutonian is able to see that in all three people nothing is broken, no internal injuries, nothing that would put the man in green or Captain America down really. In the girl he can see her blood is thinned out, it's pretty low, so that wound must have been either gushing or has been open for a while.

A moment later a bug, maybe the same from before, turns the corner and stops at seeing other people in here. It says something that no one can really understand and takes a nervous step backward.
OOC wrote: In case folks think this bug is huge, he really isn't. It stands about 3'5" (104 cm) and is about half that wide. So if one kneels ye could probably be eye to compound-eye, but it's a far cry from huge or imposing.
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*

Sriseru
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Sriseru » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:34 am

She-Venom

She-Venom's spider-sense screamed like crazy as she tried to escape the nuclear blast, but it was of no use.
Then, all of a sudden, she was somewhere else and her spider-sense had become silent.

Confused, she stood there for a while, scanning her new surroundings.
She saw Captain America pass out, Quicksilver rushing him to the sick bay, and the others following him.
Seeing the Captain hurt like that made She-Venom aware of something.
"Oh my god!" She exclaimed. "The people! What happened to the people?!"
And so she rushed after Pietro, the one who had the best idea of how far the people were when the blast went off.

When entering the sick bay, she just passes by the bug as if it wasn't even there.

"Quicksilver!" She starts. "The people! How far were the people from the blast!?"

LasomBrujha
Zealot
Zealot

Post by LasomBrujha » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:01 pm

"Okay well at the moment I think our focus should be the girl bleeding to death in my arms, unless your friend would want us to help him first and watch the girl die?." Conner said as he pushed past the old man in silver and blue and placed the girl on the examination table next to the injured guy's, and Ollie on the table next to hers.

Conner was out numbered 3 to 1, but he hoped that these people were heroes on their planet and not just wearing there latest fashions. There was the old guy that moved as fast as Bart, Wally, or Barry; then some demon that could port and a uniquly familier man, he moved and acted almost like Clark but definently wasn't him.

"They call me Superboy, and the guy in green on the table is Green Arrow we're from the planet earth, and he's a member of the Justice League. As soon as we help these three and find a way to contact the League they'll figure out a way to take you back to your home planet." Conner said hoping that his first experience with these aliens wouldn't turn violent.

Then a rather attractive woman in a black and white full body suit came into the room asking about people caught in a blast. "Wait there was a blast somewhere? what type of blast, and how long ago? if we can contact the League in time they can send a message to the Lanturn Corp to send assistance."

Firebrand

Post by Karma » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Starfire
Condition: Normal

Starfire enters the room, with HADES immediately behind her.

Having heard sounds of an argument her eyes blaze with energy, but she calms quickly.

"You..." she starts as her eyes fall on She-Venom, but she stops herself and shakes her head. Dealing with the injured first was most important, and she needed to focus on that. Then, she sees Captain America.
"You also are bringing wounded? Then you are not..." She sees the nervous bug-creature and asks "Are you the doctor? We only came this way because of the sign."
The sign was in English, so perhaps it could understand the language? It also implied that the inhabitants were either human or were expecting visits from them.

She held her hands out in front of her (an empty gesture if one knew the damage she could do even without a weapon, but hopefully the creature did not) and moved forward slowly.
OoC wrote:Insight (1d20+0=13), to see if she tell if the bug guy understands English.
Expertise (Aliens) (1d20+5=19), to see if she recognizes the bug guy's species or knows anything about them.
Persuasion (1d20+7=17), to seem nonthreatening as she approaches.

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Post by CelticREI » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:05 pm

GM wrote:
The bug seems to think a moment at Starfire's words "You... no hurt?..." it looks from one person to the next "...Also not Exile. Exile 0147 should be informed." he calmly walks away, though in a hurried pace to tell this 'Exile 0147' about you no doubt, it's still a 'normal' pace of about a mile or so an hour.
Starfire might recognize it from an old history lesson as a Zorbulch drone beetle, the worker caste of Zorbulch Beetles. Though they were thought extinct for nearly 3 millennia...
What she remembers was they are a very peaceful race, literally couldn't harm anyone themselves (Something about a mental block that was part of their very brains) although they were able to get around that by forming partnerships with others and having the partner do any strong arming or 'dirty work'. They generally didn't like fighting so the partners were normally bodyguards or there to intimidate an opponent out of wanting to fight.
There was another Zorbulch Beetle, a royalty caste which were the smart ones and the ones that normally did the dealing with other races. The drones were workers, gatherers and the such.
OOC wrote: If anyone wants to follow the buggy, state so and I'll put a post for that, otherwise it'll happen "off screen"
Karma, nice use of skills and great rolls ^_^
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Post by BlindPugh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:38 am

Plutonian wrote:"Quicksilver, I doubt these peoples have anything to do with this place, they must be in a situation similar to ours. They don't exactly look like the giant bug we saw when we got here."
"That as may be, this is Captain America. Who are these people? New warriors by the look of their spokesman. It's just a matter of respect"
Superboy wrote:"Okay well at the moment I think our focus should be the girl bleeding to death in my arms, unless your friend would want us to help him first and watch the girl die?." Conner said as he pushed past the old man in silver and blue and placed the girl on the examination table next to the injured guy's, and Ollie on the table next to hers.
Shocked back to rationality by the boy's impassioned appeal Pietro would pose no obstacle for anyone let alone someone with Superboy's prodigious strength.
"No, no he wouldn't. Help your friend" the Transian said still stood holding the body of the living legend.
Superboy wrote:"They call me Superboy, and the guy in green on the table is Green Arrow we're from the planet earth, and he's a member of the Justice League. As soon as we help these three and find a way to contact the League they'll figure out a way to take you back to your home planet."

"We're the Avengers & thankyou the help would be appreciated"
Superboy wrote:Then a rather attractive woman in a black and white full body suit came into the room asking about people caught in a blast.
Pietro watched She-Venom burst frantically into the room.
She-Venom wrote:"Quicksilver!" She starts. "The people! How far were the people from the blast!?"
He stopped, looking completely in shock, his body slumped so hard he nearly dropped the Captain before correcting himself again at super speed.
"I wasn't....I wasn't fast enough." He finally manages to force the words out as little more than a whisper. His face drops completely he's obviously fighting back tears "I failed all those people I can't fail the Captain too!"