Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:11 am

Buzz
HP: 1
Status: Bruised 1


"Detain? Thisss word means to cage, yesss? You would try to cage Myth?"
"I don't know if that's the definition I'd... wait!" Buzz a short side-flip over the swung tail and rolled under the follow-through.
"I was thinking more escort you away for a talk," Buzz said hurriedly, "I'm sure we can come to a peaceable conclusion Miss... Miss... I didn't catch what you said after you said after you said 'Miss'" She prepared to dodge again while letting a few loops of high-tension cord dangle from her fingertips.
Another attack like that and I will be detaining her as in caging her...

Absently, she noted that Techy had spoken and she'd reflexively ignored him. Eh... if it's important, he'll say it again, right?
User avatar
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby sirzanek » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:20 am

Shortcut
HP: 0
Condition: So many.... "NOT WELL"

"You're a life saver as always, Sem,
" Corey says as he slowly rotates his hand over the container. It is a slow process, as he tries to keep the cascade constant until he can get his hands horizontal. He then slowly lowers his hands into the makeshift container, waiting for gravity and inertia to slow the seed pods and drop them into the stone cylinder without risking a stray ricochet. Once his hands are free, Corey turns his attention back to the rest of the team. "T-man, that root you mentioned, the only one I could see was growing out of the mummified corpse of a rat. You have eyes on one going elsewhere?"
User avatar
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Chelmsford, MA

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:05 am

Semilla

She whispers "His eyes might be glued elsewhere at the moment. Maybe you should get as high as he was to see it for yourself." she suggests to Shortcut.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby CelticREI » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Myth
HP: 1
Condition: Curious.


"I am Myth." the creature almost spat "This forest is mine, a disturbance has brought me here and I find you, you who speaks of cages and handles leashes..." she pointed with her tail at Buzz's hand, cord dangling from it, and hisses again "Do you aim to hurt my forest? Speak plainly or face my wrath..." she lowers down to be eye level with Buzz, while her gaze does not render the speedster stone, it is as icy as the grave.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
User avatar
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:54 am

Buzz
HP: 1
Status: Bruised 1


Buzz made the fishing line disappear into her pockets.
"Hey, you're the one who's talking about cages and leashes... I'm really not into that stuff. We showed up here to deal with something that was corrupting the wildlife and kidnapped a woman and might have been trying to eat her. Sure, Techy wanted to eliminate it at extreme prejudice, but Semillia talked it to death instead. Hey, you don't know anything about how to remove alien plant parasites from potentially hostile wildlife, do you?"
User avatar
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby Bluecross » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:08 am

GM:-


All Players

The situation seems to have stabilised - you hope. A few minutes have passed, and nothing else has happened. Between them Shortcut and Semilla have sorted out some kind of containment for the plant seed pods, even if it's somewhat temporary. Buzz has taken the Doctor down to the NORCs vehicle, where the two agents are taking care of her.** Technomancer has spotted what looks suspiciously like a main root running up the mountain to a rough cliff face not too far away. He's hovering, monitoring the two remaining plant things as well as being ready for anything else that might come up.

Shortcut seems to have recovered from his efforts, and has joined Semilla and Buzz with the snake woman - Myth. All four look at each other, slightly unsure of whether they're friends or not.



**I can't remember if they dropped you off or stayed in the lower parking area - so we'll say there's a NORCs van there, with a couple of agents.



GM:- I'll be away for a few days, so feel free to talk, plan, plot etc...

I've sent some pms to various players...
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:35 am

Buzz
HP: 1
Status: Bruised 1


Sotto voice, Buzz spoke into her communicator.
"Buzz here. The approaching thingamajig is a girl — or at least has girl-like protrusions — and does not seem to be hostile. She's apparently some sort of forest guardian, concerned about us threatening the forest. Um... Techie, you know the Quiet Game, right? Well, it's your turn." She looked back up to the snake girl and flashed a quick smile.
"If you want to follow me, I'll introduce you to the rest of the team, huh?" Just then, she got a call from Drexler. She listened intently and then responded.

"Yessir. We're going to check for secondary infestations, then we'll wrap things up and bring them home. I'll see if I can get Techie to airlift the Doctor with one of his drones. She's in her truck right now... long story short, the new arrival caused a minor tremor and it seemed best to put her into something with shocks. Oh. You're sending a van with agents. Right, going to introduce Miss... Snake-lady... to the team. Buzz Out." She nodded to herself, then looked up to Myth.
"The boss says that you're in if you want. Like I said, team's this way. You can give us a second opinion on what we're dealing with, maybe?"

OOC: Contents of the communication with Drexler were in a PM. ^_^ I think I conveyed the important bits.
User avatar
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:10 am

Semilla

Semilla was deep in thought looking at the rat Shortcut pointed out. Buzz's words pulled her out of her ruminations.

"Forest Guardian? Bring her up!" Semilla says, eager to meet the naked snake lady now.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby poodle » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Technomancer
HP 5

From his aerial position Travis has a great view of the whole area, his gadgets and tech enhancing his observations.

He can see the two remaining plant things - they're far enough apart for people to move between them up the mountain without any danger.

He can easily make out a large root line running pretty much straight up the mountain from where the largest plant thing was.

Looking closer, it seems to end at a rough cliff face about 150 yards away, There seems to be a dark spot on the cliff there - maybe a cave or a cleft in the rock??

{This last above will be available to Shortcut if he flies up to join you}

Zooming right in on the dark spot, it looks big enough for a person to squeeze in, if it goes deep enough into the mountain.

Apart from the PCs there's almost nothing moving in the area, just trees and stuff. Down the mountain at the lowest carpark area he can see the NORCs van, and also pick up one of the agents talking on the secure radio to base - there are several van-loads of agents and specialist crews not too far away. They should be able to deal with the other plant things by themselves, now that they know what to expect.
cry havoc and let slip the poodles of war
Uncle friendly
My builds
Zephyr
Fixxer
User avatar
poodle
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby CelticREI » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Myth
HP: 1
Condition: Curious.


The snake woman tilted her head to the side, a universal 'I don't trust you but I am thinking it over' move, before she visibly relaxed and motioned with her hand "Lead, Quick One, show Myth this 'team' and what is disturbing my forest." she slithered next to Buzz, if she didn't speed off, and kept her eyes, including the snakes that were her hair, looking around.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
User avatar
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Semilla

When the team regathers itself, Semilla will suggest following the viney bit Technomancer spotted.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby sirzanek » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:14 am

Shortcut
HP: 0
Condition: Feeling much better


Following Semilla's suggestion, Shortcut ports up to where Technomancer is hovering and takes in the surroundings while standing on another one of his rip disk platforms. Still feeling a little woozy from the exertion of the multi-portal trick, he ports back down to sold ground to rejoin the others. "Yeah, that hole in the cliff seems like a pretty big concern. If these things are prehistoric, like you said Sem, then could they have been in some kind of hibernation and then come out of that crack? I could take a look around in there if I can get close enough. Probably the safest option." Corey then turns his attention to the snake woman, and realize he has no idea what one says to a naked half woman/half anaconda. "So...... you from around here?" Suddenly, Corey's lack of a girlfriend made total sense to him.
User avatar
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Chelmsford, MA

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Semilla

"No, it seems to reproduce asexually, by infesting a mammal that then transports it to a different location, likely the rat. But then it has a means of sexual reproduction - the seed pods. It really wierd. I'm... more leaning toward alien again. Oh, and I'll warn the NORCS folk of my new theories, I don't want the doctor to go all chest-bursty on them"

She does so. She also asks the NORCS folk to compare the DNA of the plant creature to the DNA of the nearly microscopic spore she retreived on their first foray from mine-caves near here.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby poodle » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Technomancer
HP 5

"Great, who gets to PROBE that crack (snicker). I could send a small robot in to check it out. It would make a difference to the irish bomb squad approach we have been using so far.
cry havoc and let slip the poodles of war
Uncle friendly
My builds
Zephyr
Fixxer
User avatar
poodle
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Buzz
HP: 1
Status: Bruised 1


"Sexual reproduction..." Buzz muttered, "That means there's more than one by definition, right? Otherwise it'd be asexual?" Shaking her head, she waved at the team.
"Miss Snake-Lady, meet the NORCS team. NORCS, meet Miss Snake-Lady" Suddenly beside Semillia, she whispered, "I think she's got a bit of a lisp, probably the forked tongue. She didn't give her name... started with 'Miss' and then tried to attack me, but I think we've got that settled. Just like the comic books, huh?"
User avatar
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests