Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby sirzanek » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:18 am

Shortcut
HP: 0
Condition: Bruised, Injured, Slowed, Dex Drained to 6


Shortcut chuckles weakly, concentrating on the shower of seed pods which have now reached terminal velocity between his hands. "Well, this just keeps getting better... So, any ideas? Buzz, can you get the doc back to her truck without snapping her in half? The steel frame might be her best chance if whatever this wave is makes with the explosions. Also, there might be a cooler there that we could use to contain the pods. If nobody minds, I'm going to start shuffling off away from the wave thing.... I'm not too useful with my hands tied up."
OOC- Shortcut is going to take his single move action to start meandering down the tunnel away from the wave.
User avatar
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Chelmsford, MA

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:05 am

Buzz
HP: 1
Status: Bruised 1


Buzz lifted the good doctor in a fireman's carry. The weight was more than she was entirely comfortable with, but she was pretty sure she could hold for a bit.
"I can handle her. Er... we did check for internal injuries before I went and pulled on her spine, right?"

OOC: I don't have my figures in front of me, but I think that the doctor goes over her light load, but under her heavy load, which means she's at least at quarter speed, which should be adequate.
User avatar
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby Bluecross » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:01 am

GM:-


All Players


Whatever it is, it's coming closer, moving steadily towards you all. You can almost taste the tension at the back of your throat. Whatever it is, it's pretty quiet, and doesn't seem to be disturbing the undergrowth much, if at all.
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby CelticREI » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:21 pm

Myth
HP: 1
Condition: Curious.


The forest had been different, but the loud booming noise pushed to be explored.

Technomancer probably sees it first, a large half woman half snake, slithering up the hillside. It doesn't seem all that concerned with stealth, while not on the footpath it isn't trying to hide its self, and as some of her 'hair' moves he sees that her hair is actually small snakes... and she isn't concerned with public decency any more than she is stealth apparently...
Judging from her speed, she should be to where the group is within 30 seconds or so, a minute tops.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
User avatar
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:30 am

Buzz
HP: 1
Status: Bruised 1


Partway to the truck, Buzz noted the approaching figure. After laying the Doctor into the back of the truck (it required jimmying the lock, but a little knowledge of mechanical systems and being able to make millions of small changes a second made such tasks easy), Buzz tapped her communicator.
"So... first it's killer plants, now it's snake-women... anyone else feel like our job just keeps getting weirder and weirder?" She also quickly tapped out a text message for NORCS
Code: Select all
Dr is recovered and in truck. Talked giant plant to death and trapped invasion force seeds. Still have corral of infected wildlife maybe. Giant snake woman approaching. Official advice?
User avatar
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Semilla

"Are you certain it's not a person, maybe infected to extrude green vines or some such?" Semilla asks over the comm.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Buzz
HP: 1
Status: Bruised 1


"Now what are the odds that we'd have two women in the area who extrude plant bits..." Buzz said sardonically over the comm system. "Never mind. Million to one chances happen nine times out of ten. I'm going to parley. And I promise I won't do it like with Kuh-kayber..."

With those words, she set her comm to a speaker-phone setting to pull in ambient conversation, pulled up beside the snake woman, and flashed her ID.
"Hey! Official NORCs personnel! You are entering into what may be a dangerous and or restricted area. Please halt and identify yourself."
User avatar
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby poodle » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:22 pm

technomancer
HP 5
CND: WTF...

"Whoah boobies!. Hey if we're inspecting stuff here does that make me a NORCS inspector? (SNICKER) I think I can see some n..... I mean female hostile Lamia or medusa approaching. Are we going to negotiate again? Oh yeah what about the root that went up the hill?"
cry havoc and let slip the poodles of war
Uncle friendly
My builds
Zephyr
Fixxer
User avatar
poodle
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby Bluecross » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:06 pm

GM:-


All NORCs Players

Your NORCs-issued cellphones bleep briefly as a text message arrives:-

Limit any infection if possible. Team please check out any possible sources of infection. Support team on way to set up containment. Snake woman unknown - your call. - D


Myth

Myth feels that she's nearly at the site of the blast, whatever it was. Suddenly she meets a masked figure, carrying a woman over her shoulder, and moving unusually fast despite her load. Looking up she can also see a man hovering over the area, equipped with goggles, sensors and some kind of gun.

GM:- Feel free to interact with any of the other players...
"I know gun fu"
______________________________

Crusher - Batch 9

Curt Mardis :- Tracer - Albright Institute

Connor MacLeod - LoEP

Minos - Wild Cards

GM for Toledo Knights
User avatar
Bluecross
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Watching the plot boil

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby sirzanek » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:10 am

Shortcut
HP: 0
Condition: Fatigued, Dex Drained, Slowed, Bruised, Injured


Corey ponders the situation for a moment and then shrugs his head down to his shoulder to activate his comm link. "Uh, not to be a noodge, but does anyone have any ideas about the cascade of carnivorous alien seed pods currently trapped in perma-fall between my hands? Or should I just wing it, while you guys deal with the snake lady? My improvising has worked so well thus far...."
User avatar
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Chelmsford, MA

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:49 am

Semilla
hp 1
"It's not like I can create a wooden box for them, plants can germinate inside other plants... Hmm... let me... erm... as long as Buzz and Techno have naked snake lady covered." she goes over to a sufficiently large rock face. Given that this area is on the side of a cavernous mountain there shouldn't be one too far away. She holds her bark-clad hands against the rock face and lichen and mold starts to grow. It cycles from green, then brown, then black, to be replaced by green again. Over and over. The colors start to change more rapidly, like time-lapsed photography of large scale erosion played in miniature. Her hands decend into to rock wall. The solidity eaten away by endless cycles of earth-busting florakinesis. She only stops when she has a big enough space for the volume of seeds.

[Using Disintegration to carve a container in rock]
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby CelticREI » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:32 pm

Myth
HP: 1
Condition: Curious.


The serpent female jerks her head (and, because of the way snakes are built, some of her upper body) back at the sudden appearance of someone so close. Though she looks about ready to attack, instead she slowly starts to continue toward where the boom was from "Large noissse in my foressst." one of the snake-hair-tendrils perks up to stare Buzz in the face "Wasss it you? You don't ssseem to be one to causse big boomsss..." she said, one or two of the snake-hair's always looking at Buzz now, and though she has slowed a bit she hasn't stopped. She hasn't attacked either.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
User avatar
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:59 am

Buzz
HP: 1
Status: Bruised 1


Buzz blurred and reappeared directly in Myth's path.
"Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to halt temporarily. There was a potential threat in the hills which has been neutralized. And it was really fricking cool, actually, but that's another topic. But we aren't certain that we've neutralized the threat and we don't want any bystanders hurt." Buzz surveyed the length of the woman's... length. "Admittedly, it looks like you can probably take care of yourself, but, er..." Buzz trailed off.
Damn... I don't know how much I'm supposed to say. Well, l guess I'll just have to wing it. She cleared her throat and raised one hand in the universal stop gesture.
"There's a... an infectious vector there. We think we have it contained, but we don't want anyone else to get snagged. Please, stop. I don't want to have to detain you if I don't have to."
User avatar
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby CelticREI » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Myth
HP: 1
Condition: Curious.


The serpent woman jerked herself to a stop as the speedster flashed into barring her way, her hair tendrils drifting their gaze to all look at the heroine "Detain? Thisss word means to cage, yesss?" she said, her voice getting more irate as she spoke. "You would try to cage Myth?" she finished, her tail lashing out to swipe the woman out of her way only to find her blur visually and appear just behind her tail swipe, and again when she tried to tail swipe a second time, she rose up slightly on her coils and hissed at the quick woman rather than try a third time.
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
User avatar
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Toledo Knights: Tiger by the Tail

Postby poodle » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:21 am

Technomancer
HP 5

"Geez Buzz, don't tease the snake boo- er lady. I got you covered"
cry havoc and let slip the poodles of war
Uncle friendly
My builds
Zephyr
Fixxer
User avatar
poodle
Luminary
Luminary
 
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:43 pm

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests