Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The New FORCE Ops: [OOC-Full]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: The New FORCE Ops: [OOC-Full]

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:33 am

Enjoy the wedding kenseido.

Jalinth - I figured as much on Aurora's build so I wasn't too worried about it and that was part of the reason I went ahead and started the next adventure.

With the weekend coming up (and my posting during that time being what it is) I'll have something up either today or tomorrow so everyone can have something to read during that time and I might be able to get a post or two done during those 2 days. Just have to wait & see. :roll:
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:05 pm

TM, would you object to me adding an Image Inducer to Susan's equipment. I had every intention of buying one with the PP we would've received from the last mission but since we switched over to 3ed I didn't think about adding it to the sheet. Basically I'm just paying for the Image Inducer that she stole from AEGIS during the Atlantis mission. It would be.

Image Inducer: Morph 10, Narrow Group (Females) 10 points.

That would be two more ranks in equipment. It would give her a +20 bonus to disguise herself as another woman of her basic size.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:41 pm

While I grant that Eva could design and build one of those in her sleep, itr would still strike me as a device more then equipment,
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby ClassDunce » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:06 pm

catsi563 wrote:While I grant that Eva could design and build one of those in her sleep, itr would still strike me as a device more then equipment,

*Shrugs* Agents of Freedom has it as a Holo-Disguise in the equipment section. It's really up to TM, I understand that it's a stretch but it's the kind of thing she would find useful but if I bought it as a device it would cost more than all of her other equipment put together lol for something that will very rarely be used or useful in the game itself.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:12 pm

"Off the shelf" is different things to different people. AEGIS agents have regular access to things that even supers don't have.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Didn't the briefing pretty much nail down what their next target is?
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:36 pm

I thought so but maybe Vindicator is trying to see if there might be an alternate target. If everyone knows you are going to attack A, then the last place you should attack would be A.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:18 pm

A little of both actually. This the way Eva operates pretty much, she looks at things from a scientists perspective then tries to lay the grounds work of the problem.

So she sees where they think the group will hit next, and then runs the numbers herself to insure they match up. Also if theres any discrepancies she tries to correct for them, and add that to the equation see if any thing pops up like a secret backer or patron for the group.

Or see if anything odd pops up in whats stolen that sort of thing.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Jalinth » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:14 pm

I could have SWORN I'd posted my build. Looks like I didn't. I'll fix that soon. I more or less went with what TM posted, with a couple very minor tweaks. Going to grab some food now though, and do some Halloween themed stuff.

Happy Halloween people!
Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
What God abandoned, these defended,
And saved the sum of things for pay.
-A.E. Housman
Jalinth
Titan
Titan

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:46 am

ClassDunce wrote:TM, would you object to me adding an Image Inducer to Susan's equipment. I had every intention of buying one with the PP we would've received from the last mission but since we switched over to 3ed I didn't think about adding it to the sheet. Basically I'm just paying for the Image Inducer that she stole from AEGIS during the Atlantis mission. It would be.

Image Inducer: Morph 10, Narrow Group (Females) 10 points.

That would be two more ranks in equipment. It would give her a +20 bonus to disguise herself as another woman of her basic size.

No problems here on my end of things. I shudder to think of how Susan will put this new addition of gear to use. :twisted:

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jalinth » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Here is the final build I meant to post. It's almost the same as what TM did, with a few name changes and a couple things I forgot the first time added in. It just so happens that she comes in at exactly 153 power points. I can't remember ever converting a character from 2e to 3e and hitting target so exactly.

Lina can actually manipulate objects in Ferret form. That's how she passed the water breathing amulets out back when you first met her.

Everything look good?

3e [AoZ] Lina "Aurora" Howe V4 - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 4, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Artificer, Attractive 2, Benefit: Zalman's Apprentice, Luck, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+1), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise: Art 4 (+8), Expertise: Magic 11 (+15), Insight 10 (+12), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 13 (+16), Stealth 8 (+8), Technology 1 (+5), Treatment 1 (+5)

Powers
Arcane Power
. . Barrière: Deflect 8 (Extended Range 4, Reflect, Subtle 2: undetectable)
. . Coup de Foudre: Blast 10 (DC 25; Accurate: +2, Homing: 1 extra attempt)
. . Onde de tempête
. . . . Affliction: Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Prone, DC 20; Affects Insubstantial: half ranks, Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
. . . . Move Object: Move Object 10 (Linked; 25 tons; Affects Insubstantial: half ranks; Limited Direction: Away)
. . Piège de la tempête!: Snare 10 (DC 20; Accurate: +2, Homing: 1 extra attempt; Distracting)
. . Arcane Strike: Damage 10 (DC 25; Accurate: +2, Affects Insubstantial: half ranks, Secondary Effect)

Chinook - The Storm Staff (Easily Removable)
. . Arcane Focus: Enhanced Trait 3 (Advantages: All-out Attack, Luck, Power Attack)
. . Arcane Reservoir: Variable 2 (Limited: Can only be used by those with rank 8 Mystical Array, Limited: Can only add Modifiers (Extras) to Existing Mystical Effects)
. . Cloud Flight: Flight 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round; Stacks with: Vol nuage: Flight 3+2)
. . Form Fits the User: Feature 1 (alters appearance as needed to suit owner)
. . Translation Charm: Comprehend 1 (Languages - Understand All)

Ferret Form: Morph 1 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Single form; Metamorph)
Mage Sight: Senses 3 (Awareness: Magic, Detect: Magic 2: ranged)
Protective Wards: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness)
Vol nuage: Flight 3+2 ([Stacking ranks: +2], Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)

Offense
Initiative +0
Affliction: Affliction 10, +8 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 20)
Coup de Foudre: Blast 10, +10 (DC 25)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 10)
Move Object: Move Object 10, +8 (DC 20)
Piège de la tempête!: Snare 10, +10 (DC Dog 20)
Strike: Damage 10, +8 (DC 25)
Throw, +8 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 15)

Complications
Complication - Zalman's Apprentice: Sometimes being a trusted ally of a powerful wizard isn't all it's cracked up to be. If Zalman asks for her help with something, Lina is going to feel obliged to help any way she can.

Complication - I watched Chaos Tentacles glisten in the dark near the Outer gate: Fighting hell spawn, eldritch abominations, and telemarketers leaves scars. There are nights when Lina has trouble sleeping.

Complication - Ask questions first, shoot later: In spite of all her experience with bad people and monsters, Lina still tends to try to talk things out before resorting to violence. This sometimes gets her into trouble that a good sneak attack could have solved.

Complication - Workaholic: Lina looks up to Zalman and tries to emulate him. The problem is while she is tough and fit for a human, Zalman has greater endurance then all but the most exceptional superhumans. Most people will collapse in exhaustion before he begins to consider taking a break. Lina is smart enough to understand she can't keep up with him, but that doesn't stop her from pushing herself as hard as she can. Sometimes this leads to problems.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 7, Toughness 12, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 63 + Advantages 12 + Skills 21 (63 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 153

--------------------

Ferret Form - PL 10

Strength -1, Stamina 2, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 4, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
Artificer, Attractive 2, Benefit: Zalman's Apprentice, Ranged Attack 8

Skills
Deception 4 (+7), Expertise: Art 4 (+8), Expertise: Magic 11 (+15), Insight 10 (+12), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 13 (+16), Stealth 8 (+12)

Powers
Arcane Power
. . Barrière: Deflect 8 (Extended Range 4, Reflect, Subtle 2: undetectable)
. . Coup de Foudre: Blast 10 (DC 25; Accurate: +2, Homing: 1 extra attempt)
. . Onde de tempête
. . . . Affliction: Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Prone, DC 20; Affects Insubstantial: half ranks, Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
. . . . Move Object: Move Object 10 (Linked; 25 tons; Affects Insubstantial: half ranks; Limited Direction: Away)
. . Piège de la tempête!: Snare 10 (DC 20; Accurate: +2, Homing: 1 extra attempt; Distracting)
. . Arcane Strike: Damage 10 (DC 25; Accurate: +2, Affects Insubstantial: half ranks, Secondary Effect)
Chinook - The Storm Staff (Easily Removable)
. . Arcane Focus: Enhanced Trait 3 (Advantages: All-out Attack, Luck, Power Attack)
. . Arcane Reservoir: Variable 2 (Limited: Can only be used by those with rank 8 Mystical Array, Limited: Can only add Modifiers (Extras) to Existing Mystical Effects)
. . Cloud Flight: Flight 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round; Stacks with: Vol nuage: Flight 3+2)
. . Form Fits the User: Feature 1 (alters appearance as needed to suit owner)
. . Translation Charm: Comprehend 1 (Languages - Understand All)
Enhanced Healing: Regeneration 1 (Every 10 rounds)
Ferret Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 STR, -2 Intimidate, +4 Stealth, +2 active defenses, -1 size category; Permanent)
Flight: Flight 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
Mage Sight: Senses 3 (Awareness: Magic, Detect: Magic 2: ranged)
Protection: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness)

Offense
Initiative +0
Blast: Blast 10, +10 (DC 25)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 9)
Move Object: Move Object 1, +8 (DC 11)
Snare: Snare 1, +8 (DC Dog 11)
Strike: Strike 1, +6 (DC 16)
Throw, +8 (DC 14)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 14)

Complications
Complication - Zalman's Apprentice: Sometimes being a trusted ally of a powerful wizard isn't all it's cracked up to be. If Zalman asks for her help with something, Lina is going to feel obliged to help any way she can.

Complication - I watched Chaos Tentacles glisten in the dark near the Outer gate: Fighting hell spawn, eldritch abominations, and telemarketers leaves scars. There are nights when Lina has trouble sleeping.

Complication - Ask questions first, shoot later: In spite of all her experience with bad people and monsters, Lina still tends to try to talk things out before resorting to violence. This sometimes gets her into trouble that a good sneak attack could have solved.

Complication - Workaholic: Lina looks up to Zalman and tries to emulate him. The problem is while she is tough and fit for a human, Zalman has greater endurance then all but the most exceptional superhumans. Most people will collapse in exhaustion before he begins to consider taking a break. Lina is smart enough to understand she can't keep up with him, but that doesn't stop her from pushing herself as hard as she can. Sometimes this leads to problems.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 7, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 64 + Advantages 12 + Skills 20 (60 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 153

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2011 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
-A.E. Housman
Jalinth
Titan
Titan

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:23 am

Yeah, the final build for Aurora looks good.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jalinth » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:20 am

Excellent.

For the amulet, here is the mechanical details.

Base DC 11. +10 for 1/4 time on Design check (15 minutes). +15 for 1/8 time on the build check (30 minutes). Total time - 45 minutes. Taking 10 on the Design check. Rolling VS DC 26 on build check.

1d20+15=31 Expertise Magic check for building.

That should do it for 1 amulet of magic shielding. After the briefing I'll post about her building it.
-A.E. Housman
Jalinth
Titan
Titan

Postby kenseido » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Anybody whose character isn't doing anything for the hour should feel free to come down and haze Danny a little bit.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Given Evas nerd history shes unlikely to haze the new guy.

pranks involving a chemical compound in his food that turns his tongue interesting shades of color, or that causes him to burp spicegirls songs on the other hand arent out of the question.

The Litterbox

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room