Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The New FORCE Ops: [OOC-Full]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: The New FORCE Ops: [OOC-Full]

Postby Arkrite » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:21 am

Obviously the Force Ops TV show will be done by Joss Whedon. ;~)
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CelticREI » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:21 am

... H4ck is the only guy in the team now, isn't he?

Edit, wait with Danny in that makes him one of two
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Postby catsi563 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:44 am

Vindicator (Eva Mckenna)

PL: 10/166pp
XP: 7

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 135lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Blue

Abilties: 32pp

Strength: 0/10, Agility: 0/4, Fighting: 2, Awareness: 2
Stamina: 2, Dexterity: 0/4, Intelligence 10, Presence 0

Skills: 24pp

Acrobatics 4 (+8 ), Close Combat 2 (+4 ), Expertise [Computers] 10 (+20 ), Expertise [Engineering] 10 (+20 ), Expertise [Science] 10 (+20 ), Insight 6 (+8 ), Investigation 7 (+17 ), Perception 6 (+8 ), Ranged Combat [Force Projection Array] 4 (+10 ), Technology 10 (+20 )

Advantages: 10pp

Attractive, Benefit 1 (Wealth), Editic memory, Improvised tools, Inventor, Online Research, Power Attack, Skill mastery 2 [Science, Technology], Well Informed

Powers: 84pp

Fast Mind (Quickness 6 (Flaws: Mental Tasks only -1) 3pp

Magneto KInetic Battle Suit: 100pp [Flaws:Removable: -20pp; (Restricted 1[Eva Mckenna DNA] 81pp

Micromesh Kevlarweave (Protection 4) 4pp
Therma-Weave Insulation and Sealed Systems (Immunity 5 (Cold, Heat, Pressure, Radiation, Vaccum) 5pp

Neuro-Muscular Augmentation (Enhanced Agility 4, Dexterity 4 (Enhanced Feats: Improved Initiative) 17pp

Magnetic Force Field (Force Field 4) 4pp

Electromagnetic Distortion (Enhanced Will Save +4) 4pp

Advanced Variable Sensor Suite ( Variable 1 [Any Super Senses](Flaws: Move action -1pp) 6pp

Integrated Combat Computer Systems (Enhanced Skill Close Combat 2 (+10 ), Enhanced Skill Ranged Combat 2, Enhanced Dodge 4. Enhanced Parry 4, Close Combat 4) 15pp

AI Database and Interface (Comprehend Machines 2) (Feature: Database) 5pp

Magnetic Wave Riding (Flight 6) 12pp

Force Projection (Array 12 + 4 Alternate Effects) 28pp
@Strength Augmentation (Enhanced Strength 10 and Power Lifitng 2 (Enhanced Feats: Improved Critical 2 [Unarmed 18-20])
AE: Power Blast (Blast 10 (Linked Move Object)
Move Object 4 [800 lb] (Flaw: Limited Direction: Away); (Linked blast)
AE: Power Bolts (Blast 8 (Extras: Multifire +1)
AE: Power Burst (Blast 10 (Extras: Penetrating +1; Flaws: Range [Touch] -1; Power Feats: Extended Reach 4 [+20 feet])
AE: Explosive Power Blast (Blast 8 (Extras: Explosion +1)

Combat: (16pp)

Attack:

Initiative: +0/+8 (Suit)

Melee: +10 (+10 Damage)

Ranged: +10 ( Power Blast +10, Power Burst +10, Explosive Blast +8, Bolts +8)

Defence:

Toughness: +2, +6 (Suit), +10 (Suit and Force Field)
Parry: +6, +10 (Combat Computer + Suit)
Dodge: +2, +10 (Combat Computer + Suit)
Fortitude: +6
Will: +8, +12 (Suit: Electromagnetic Distortion)

Complications:

Overly analytical: Eva tends to explain in 24 words what most people can in 6 shes highly inteligent and this can be disconcerting to people not on her intellectual level.

Fascinating: Eva is drawn to new technology, and is like a kid in a candy store when confronted with it. Consequently she tends to forget that a Fusion blaster attached to a regulan war walker is better studied after its dismantled.

Responsibility: Doing the right thing with technology. She's a student of Daedelus and like her mentor takes the dangers of technology very seriously. She is driven to remove dangerous technology from criminal hands.

Wooed by Doc Otaku. The Annoying jerk saw her at a local sci-fi convention she attended with a friend. He hasnt stopped annoying her since then. His attempts at romance include giant robots, grafitting her name with a satelite laser on the city itself and similar i'll conceived attempts which generaly put her in bad spots.

Clumsy: outside of the lab or combat Eva is suprisngly clutzy almost a walking accident usually caused because her nose is in a book or her head is wrapped around a quantum level equation somewhere. Suprisingly enough in combat she becomes incredibly precise.

=================================================
Abilties 32 + Skills 24 + Feats 10 + Powers 84 + Combat 16 = Total 166pp
=================================================

Eva Mckenna might have passed into history as a relative unknown inspite of her advanced intellect and early acceptance to the Mensa project if 2 events had not occured in short order where she would meet 2 people who would change her life.

The first was that she attended a seminar given by Daedelus on Nanotechnolgy in which she in a somewhat tactless manner pointed out a flaw in Daedelus's design much to the chagrin of the staff, and later the suprise and amusement of the Immortal Inventor himself.

And a month later she ran into Doc Otaku at a local anime convention where the child genius took a fancy to her and attempted to kidnap her just as Daedelus intervened. While Otaku was able to hold off Daedelus with a pair of giant tentacle monster robots, he made the drastic mistake of letting Eva push a lot of buttons.

He shouldnt have done that because by the time the tentacle monsters were finished spanking him he couldnt sit down for a week.

Daedelus invited her to become his apprentice on the spot recalling her earlier spotting of the flaw in the nanotech--which he'd fixed of course--. She accepted and never looked back.

Merely a year later she found herself once more the object of Doc Otakus ""Affections"" this time when he sent a group of robotic Samurai to bring her to his castle.

Eva was ready for him when she donned a suit of her own design that had been intended for multi environemental exploration and promptly tore through the robots like paper. Solo wasnt a slouch either though and the two engaged in a massive back and forth duel over her suits computer interface as they attempted to hack and back hack the other. Otaku was more skileld then Eva, but what eve lacked in skill comparions she made up for with a mind that could think and adapt faster then Takahashi could. That mental quickness would prove the deciding factor as she would slip past his defences and take control of the Angels and use them to once again punish the boy genius.

Feelign thrilled with the suit and her victory Eva took the Name Vindicator and took to the skys after further advancing the suit and making it even more powerful. While Daedelus has never actually approved of his apprentice taking to the heroic lifestyle he cant argue how effective shes been in the short time since her debut.

Recently she was contacted by an old friend Ethan Keller of Force Ops. Ethan asked her to help out his team with an odd assignment and she said yes in a heartbeat. The assignment would lead to terror and triumph and tragedy as she would run afoul of The Diabolical Doctor Shock, and would lose the heroic K-9 who shed gotten attached to inspite of herself and inspite of only knowing him for a short time.

Shes not quite sure just how far shes wlling to go but shes all but promised that the next time she sees Doctor Shock she will take him down or out.
Last edited by catsi563 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby CelticREI » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:07 pm

The Skill check to use the Variable Senses isn't like it works back in 2e, it is a 'flat' modifier taking 1pp for every +1 to the DC to use the power (Starting at DC11 with one rank of it), you have to roll the skill and how much ye beat the DC by is how many ranks of that power ye have access to (So with a Blast 10 power, having the DC at say 20, ye roll a 25, ye would only have access to a rank 5 blast, not a rank 10 blast).

Thus, your power is ye have a DC11 Computer check, with 18 in Computers, to have access to 1 rank. Ye can't fail except for rolling a 1 and only then because of the botch rule.

That said, it would make the power 'free' cost 0pp) to add enough ranks to make the drawback even break even (DC19) so I'd suggest something else ^_^
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:08 pm

There is no knock back in 3E, Catsi; unless T-Man wants to house rule it.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:27 am

It has not been a good month for Force Ops.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:26 am

Catsi - Celtic is right on the Skill Check flaw, I keep forgetting how much that has changed in 3e (my mistake there, sorry). Given how high Eva's Computer skill is that flaw really isn't much of a flaw. So there are a couple ways to go here; first is to switch out for a different flaw (like Concentration for example [which would make the power a standard action to use instead of a free action]). The other is to drop the flaw and just add 1 more pp to the total cost of the armor & thus the build, which would still be within the soft cap I've been thinking for the group.

Also Kenseido is correct as well; there is no knockback in 3e. Unfortunately I had no plans on House Ruling it in, which is why in the build I PMed you the Power Blast was built with Blast & Move Object (Flaw: Limited [away from you only]). The costs are the same as what you've done with the power, it's just a difference of terminology as I'm understanding the rules it basically works the same as how knockback would in 2e (just now you don't have to score a certain amount of damage on a target to have the knockback).
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:46 am

Tattooedman wrote:Also Kenseido is correct as well; there is no knockback in 3e. Unfortunately I had no plans on House Ruling it in, which is why in the build I PMed you the Power Blast was built with Blast & Move Object (Flaw: Limited [away from you only]). The costs are the same as what you've done with the power, it's just a difference of terminology as I'm understanding the rules it basically works the same as how knockback would in 2e (just now you don't have to score a certain amount of damage on a target to have the knockback).

For what is essentially the same power, I used Damaging Move Object limited to away from the user.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby catsi563 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:42 am

All approrpriate changes made shes about as fixed as shes gonna get. :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:29 am

Vindicator looks about as good as she's going to get at this point. I can't see anything else that would need altered/adjusted without running her through a fight.

I'm still waiting to see a 3e build for Aurora and I'm assuming that there is an interlude coming for her as well. I'll give Jalinth another couple days before I post anything for the next adventure, so I'll say by Friday at latest.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:36 am

You know Jalinth. You ask him to tweak a build and it turns into a major construction project. He's probably got 4 versions going. At least one of which has ballooned well over 200 points ;}
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:50 am

You mean everyone doesn't do that?

Ask Catsi and T-Man how many iterations I have gone through of characters in their games.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:50 am

Yeah, I remember that....my personal favortie was a PL 15 build of Zalman :lol:

I do recall him saying his work was somewhat busy as well & I know he has tabletop games he does as well. So I know his time can be short periodically but I do know that he at least lurks here from time to time to stay up to date on what's going on for the most part.

kenseido wrote:You mean everyone doesn't do that?

Ask Catsi and T-Man how many iterations I have gone through of characters in their games.

Should I only count Stryke in the Freedom's Knights game or the New Freedom League game? :wink:

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 am

kenseido wrote:You mean everyone doesn't do that?

I try not to because inevitably I'll get confused and reference the wrong build at some time to make a roll and then everything goes to hell. :lol:
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 am

Tattooedman wrote:Should I only count Stryke in the Freedom's Knights game or the New Freedom League game? :wink:

And you just proved my point...

Shock wrote:I try not to because inevitably I'll get confused and reference the wrong build at some time to make a roll and then everything goes to hell.

All of my 2E stuff is done in Notepad, so I create shortcuts of my active characters and just use those. Plus, I have my thread in Roll Call... which needs to be updated.

For my 3E characters, I export the used one to text for quick reference. Still do the shortcut thing.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room