NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

Postby Michuru81 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:52 am

THE MALL (Violet; NPCs: Beatrice, Eve, Kirstie, Sarah, Tatjana)
Beatrice shook her head with such vigor, it was a wonder her neck didn't snap. "What if they kick us out of 'ere?" she asked.

Eve raised an eyebrow. "Why would they do that?" she asked.

"For being underage?"

Tatjana couldn't help but laugh at the girl.

Ultimately, Kirstie and Tatjana both picked out something they thought would please their respective boyfriends. The girls continued to make their way through the mall, stopping only for over-priced pizza and coffee. With their wallets lighter, and their arms laden with sacks, the girls headed back to the school, and got ready for the next night...

Michuru81 wrote:Unless there's something you'd like to do, Shock, my intention is to fast-forward to the concert, putting you and Lex in the same scene.

HOFBURG PALACE: THE DUNGEON (Kas and Jack; NPCs: Bulwark, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle)
"You think you scare me?" Bulwark asked. "I've seen Aasi, Morso Ja Mouru, and that, sir, is the stuff of nightmares! Some kid puffing out his chest? Not that intimidating.

"You're right, though: you're not that clever. You don't get anything. Look around! Notice how full this place is? How we are pushing the suggested capacity as established by the deputy fire marshal? Think about it: I'm an immortal who lives in a void full of nothingness. It gets lonely. Am I a little nutty? Maybe. Wouldn't you be, if you were me?

"I don't know how long you guys are going to be here. I hope you're here for a long while, as if gives me someone to talk to! I want us to get along, but you guys have a bug up your butt, and you're mean, and insulting to someone who's only crime is joking around. Greystone said he was sorry, and he hugged me. He can see how big I am. For all he knows, I could have crushed him. He trusted me, though, and that was awesome." He reached towards Greystone and made a fist. "Pound it, yo."

"You, though? You were snippy. I get that you being here isn't the most ideal thing, but I didn't put you here, did I? I tried to cheer you up, and you yelled at me. Then you say you're sorry, but you won't hug it out... which makes me think you either don't like me, or you don't trust me, which makes me think you deserve to be here. Way I figure, I can run this place two ways: either we can hang out, and be buddies, or I can be a jerk and bust skulls. You, not hugging me, makes me think you want me to run this place with an iron fist. Sure, you can make black holes, so maybe that doesn't scare you..." Bulwark looked to the twins. "But what about them? I think if we were gonna mix it up, they'd just get hurt. Maybe worse. Plus, I know Greystone can take it--dude took my love-tap like a man--but what about Drifter? Is she as durable as he is?

"So... there you have it. I'm not going to come take it, because it's not about me taking a hug, but you giving one. It's about you showing me that you're sorry, and you trusting me."

The Drifter stepped around Kas and stepped forward to hug the titan. "If you're so miserable in here, why do you stay? If you wanted to leave, I'm pretty sure nothing could stop you."

"It's complicated," Bulwark said.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:06 am

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 6 LP 2

Kas folded his arms across his chest. He would have glared at the monolith if he could. "Show that I'm sorry? That I trust you? Therein lies the rub Warden. You gleefully work for a Prince who wishes nothing more than to assassinate his sister and take the throne."

"I am not sorry and I don't trust you. Regardless of how this plays out...you and I are not going to be buddies, bosom or otherwise and I feel no real compelling need to pretend otherwise."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:27 am

HOFBURG PALACE: THE DUNGEON (Kas and Jack; NPCs: Bulwark, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle)
"Actually, I work for the king."

LUX (Violet; NPCs: Eve, Jakob, Mattias)
Eve and Violet walked up to Lux. The club looked packed. Jakob began waving the moment he saw them. "Vi!" he shouted. "Over here!"

He hurried to greet them. Matthias dragged his feet all the way. While he didn't look as though he wanted to be here, Jakob was all smiles. "Wow," he said, looking Violet over. "You look great."

Matthias looked to Eve. "You l-look very p-pretty," he stammered.

LUX (Lex; NPCs: Beatrice, Doug, Kirstie)
Beatrice hadn't dressed up. She wore a dark grey blouse, jeans, and a depressing expression that matched Doug's. At least he'd had the decency to exchange his shorts for cargo pants. His attachment to sweater vests worn over a simple white T-shirt was vexing, however.

Kirstie, on the other hand, looked out of place. Garbed in a robin's egg sun dress she had to be cold in, and with the effort she had to have put into her hair and makeup, Lex's girlfriend looked far too dressed up for something like this.

At the door, the bouncer looked at the group's tickets. "Bottom's brats, huh?" he asked, before ushering them in.

They had passed it several times, but never actually been inside. Lux was a club the New Vindicators were too young to get into. It was only with the tickets Bottom had provided that they were admitted in. "Can--Can I get you something to drink?" Doug asked Beatrice.

The French girl's eyes popped. "Mon Dieu! We are not old enough!"

Doug blushed. "I meant like... water, or something."

Kirstie rolled her eyes. "Do you realize that in Vienna, Lex and I can legally drink, so long as we don't do it in public, or at a school. So, you know, almost nowhere we can go."

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Violet Lear
HP: 1

"Of course we do." Violet smirked and gave both Mat and Jakob a hug. "Wow, this place is filled. You didn't say this was such a big deal."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 6 LP 2

Kas sighed and turned away from the Warden. Arguing with the AEsir accomplished nothing and since Elizabeth seemed inclined to speak with him, that left Kas in peace to pace and fret and clench his fists in impotent anger over the situation.

Should he be taking out his anger on the Warden? Probably not. Between Gaspar and Astrid's emotional baggage and having been so seamlessly played by his doppleganger he was practically broiling with fury. Being locked away in an other dimensional dungeon where the Nephilim were reduced to blubbering wrecks and the gaoler was more than a little lunatic was just further insult. Somebody was going to be on the receiving end of his ire and the stone man just drew the short straw.

Hell, he was half tempted to respond to the warden's threats and throw down with him. Win or lose at least it would be an outlet for his rage and humiliation.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 2 CND: Normal

Lex had done his best to clean up for the occasion, showering and shaving plus a clean set of clothes. He'd even found some time to give his jacket a cleaning and, thanks for Martin's miracle work a few months before, it almost looked as good as new.

Once he'd seen Kirstie, however, he felt terribly underdressed and rushed back to his room to pull out the nicest clothes he had. It really only came out to a white button down shirt his mom and gotten him and a pair of black pants that didn't have any holes in them. And of course his bomber jacket.

March wasn't exactly the warmest time, after all.

A fact that was made apparent as they waited outside to get in. He shrugged off his jacket and threw it over Kirstie's shoulders, hoping that the club would be much warmer on the inside.

The conversation when they got in made him laugh, "Yeah, that's okay. Nobody wants to see me drunk anyways."

"What do you say, Kirstie? Care for a pop or something?"

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Fluxx

"Mierde. Zat bird 'as been around, spying. First on Lex and I, now 'ere." Martin says to Newton.

"Wizards can 'ave 'familiars', yes? Animals to aid zem. I should ask ze ozer mages if Tallemaja possessed such - assuming zat is not ze shapeshifter 'erself. Sir Newton, zere is a chance zis plan's secrecy is compromised. But, maybe zis will tell us more."
Martin reaches out and opens the window.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:19 am

"Ja," Jakob said, "Verbing Proper Noun started here in Vienna, so they're sort of hometown heroes."

When Kas continued to be obstinate, the warden's expression soured. Gabriel let out a sniffle, and the brute rounded on him with a furious look. He moved away from the Drifter, took two steps, and kicked the Egyptian boy in the stomach. "Shut up!" the warden roared. "No talking! No sounds! You're all prisoners, and prison isn't supposed to be social hour!"

Gabriel's body sailed through the air before arching back down into the floor. As he rolled across the ground, Gabriel heaved up blood and sick. Had it not been for his feeble whimpering, the others wouldn't have known he was alive.

Michuru81 wrote:Bulwark: Attack (Power Attack 3) (1d20+5=13)

Gabriel: Toughness save (DC 30) (1d20=20) Wow. Um, bruised, injured, stunned, staggered, disabled... but conscious.

"Nuts to that," Kirstie said. She lightly slapped herself to get psyched up. She skewed her face into a come hither look. She pulled down the neckline of her dress, and slowly made her way towards the bar. A moment later, she came back--empty handed--looking bewildered. "He won't serve me anything alcoholic without proper ID. Apparently, he was told six underage kids were going to be here..."

NVAE: NEWTON'S OFFICE (Martin; NPCs: Newton)
"Mierde. Zat bird 'as been around, spying. First on Lex and I, now 'ere."

The bird--a grey partridge--spread its wings to take flight. It was moving to escape.

"Wizards can 'ave 'familiars', yes? Animals to aid zem." He didn't need to move around the desk--such measures would only slow him down. "I should ask ze ozer mages if Tallemaja possessed such--assuming zat is not ze shapeshifter 'erself." He reached through the window for the bird. "Sir Newton, zere is a chance zis plan's secrecy is compromised. But, maybe zis will tell us more."

Michuru81 wrote:I haven't looked at Martin's sheet, but I assume he can stretch further than the bird can fly in a round, so initiative is moot. Instead, an attack roll to grab the bird will suffice.

Should Martin get it, he can make a Notice check (DC 20) to realize it's a different bird. Same species, but the plumage is off.

Further, if Martin can touch it, he should be able to discover that it's just a normal bird. Granted, that shouldn't spark anything, given that he's been told Tallemaja's transformations are not simply cosmetic. Plus, if it's a familiar, there's no reason it couldn't be a real bird, right?

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:32 am

Violet Lear

"Oh. What kind of music do they play?" Whatever they were, Violet was pretty sure she hadn't heard them before. At least not enough to recognize the name.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:42 am

"Trip-hop," said Jakob.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:03 am

Violet Lear

"Oh." Violet replied, clearly not recognizing the term. "Well, as long as we can dance to it, I'm good. Let's go."

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:26 am

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex tried to keep from oogling his own girlfriend. He wasn't sure if it was allowed or not, or if it was considered polite or not. But he was damn sure his eyes were going to pop clean out of his skull if he didn't keep his staring to a friendly medium.

Dressed like she was it wouldn't be hard to get drinks. All she'd have to do is smile real nice to the next guy who wandered by.

Not exactly something Lex was interested in seeing, so he kept that plan to himself.

"Make sense, I suppose. They knew Bottom by name, and considering his power seems to be that he plays everything perfectly he'd probably be a big hit around these places," Lex shrugs, "He probably traded them for the tickets then threatened to cut them off if they didn't keep us out of the hooch."

He slides an arm around Kirstie's waist, and goes for a quick kiss.

"We'll just have to hope the music isn't bad since we've got nothing to ease the pain," He said with a grin.

"So anybody know about this band? I've never heard of them."

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:58 am

"Why wait?" asked Jakob. He took Violet gently, and slowly twirled her.

Kirstie smiled as her boyfriend slipped an arm around her. She was beaming as he moved in for the kiss.

Beatrice rolled her eyes at the display and wandered off, leaving Doug feeling just a little bit awkward. "I'll just..." He scratched the back of his neck nervously, and cast his eyes at the floor. "Yeah," he said, walking away and leaving the couple alone.

Kirstie smiled at Lex. "Areyoureadyforthebestnightofyourlife?" she asked.

She was talking fast. She only did that when she was nervous. Something was wrong.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:08 am

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Uh..." Lex gave Kirstie a lightly suspicious look, then looked around the room quickly to spot what ever it was that had set Kirstie off.

Nothing really jumped out at him. What was she up to?

"Yeeeeeeesssss?" He asks slowly, as if he's expecting this to be a trick question.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:43 am

Violet Lear

Violet laughed when Jakob finished the spin. "Not like that, you twit. Fun dancing." She grabbed Eve to head inside. "Let's find a good spot."

Return to “M&M Game Room”