NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #14: Fly

Postby McGuffin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:38 am

Ursa
[Otso Karell]
HP: 1

The surprising declaration brought Otso to a halt. "...You two are dating? I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, I'm happy for both of you, you deserve some happiness in your lives after everything. You're right though, I don't get it because you won't tell me what this thing you've been struggling with is."

"I can't claim to speak for Kas but I'd assume he'd think you and Ellen being mind-controlled would be a bigger problem when it comes to your work in the Volunteer, rather than your relationship. Police, doctors and emergency personnel all have families and loved ones, sometimes within their own jobs."

"As for Tallemaja not making you do anything, the word you're missing is yet. What do we know of her before she so helpfully messed with the minds of you and some of the other students? She mind-controlled a woman, assumedly her own mother, to get sent here, she threatened to pull Kiln's living heart out of his chest and she brought a mind-controlled Kirsty here to blow up the school. I don't know about you but none of these are actions that particularily endear a person to me."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

Postby Michuru81 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:16 am

THE MALL (Violet; NPCs: Beatrice, Eve, Kirstie, Sarah, Tatjana)
The other girls looked to each other for answers; no one seemed to know the precise scope of Rose's powers.

"Well, I mean..." Tatjana spoke slowly, as if still mulling over her words. "She has to have plant-based powers, right? You're right: Fiore has plant powers, so hers..."

"What if both of their parents are Neo-Sapien?" asked Eve. "What if Fiore inherited one parent's abilities, and Rose got the other?"

"Or both," added Sarah.

"Could you really control someone's thoughts with plants?" Kirstie asked.

"Pot has an effect on the brain," Sarah said, "and it's a plant."

"What, so, Rose got Mike high?" asked Kirstie. "How would that even work?"

Beatrice looked lost. Instead, she began flipping through a clothing rack.

NVAE: BAND ROOM (Lex; NPCs: Doug)
Doug sighed. "When I was a kid, my mom had this pitcher and bowl her great-aunt or something left her. It was white, with blue trim, and just... I dunno. One day, she was dusting and dropped the pitcher. The handle broke off, so she glued it back on. A couple of years later, my sister and her friends were hanging out in the living room, and one of them knocked the bowl and pitcher off the table, but again, mom was able to put it back together.

"Over the years, the thing kept getting broken. We moved, and it was chipped in the move. Mom vacuumed and bumped the table. Our cousin brought her two-year-old over, and he knocked it over.

"The point is, after a while, it had been broken so many times that it just wasn't the same. We'd lost pieces, or the pieces didn't fit back together right. About two years ago, mom finally threw it out.

"Maybe to you I have nothing to lose, but me? You can only get hurt so many times before you're just done, you know?"

HOFBURG PALACE: THE DUNGEON (Kas and Jack; NPCs: Bulwark, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle)
Bulwark stood there, waiting for his hug. "Huggies," he insisted.

NVAE: NEWTON'S OFFICE (Martin; NPCs: Newton)
"A couple days, at the most," Newton said. "If you want a girls-only class, I would think only for senior and junior girls. Mira, Ellen, and Anne are all capable of handling themselves. Furthermore, if we involve Ellen in the plan, she could evacuate anyone we want protected to her labyrinth.

"Still, that does leave Venefica and Annaliese. How would you feel about assuming one of their identities, to ensure they aren't there?"

WRECK ROOM: ISOLATION (Otso; NPCs: Juozas)
"You're right though, I don't get it because you won't tell me what this thing you've been struggling with is."

Juozas looked panicked. "It's... just... nevermind, okay?" Whatever Tallemaja was helping him to surprise was a much more guarded secret than his involvement with a member of Laputa.

"I can't claim to speak for Kas, but I'd assume he'd think you and Ellen being mind-controlled would be a bigger problem when it comes to your work in the Volunteer, rather than your relationship. Police, doctors and emergency personnel all have families and loved ones, sometimes within their own jobs."

"We're not being controlled, just... she makes us happy! If we were on anti-depressants or something, you wouldn't care! What's the big deal?"

"As for Tallemaja not making you do anything, the word you're missing is yet. What do we know of her before she so helpfully messed with the minds of you and some of the other students? She mind-controlled a woman, assumedly her own mother, to get sent here; she threatened to pull Kiln's living heart out of his chest; and she brought a mind-controlled Kirstie here to blow up the school. I don't know about you, but none of these are actions that particularly endear a person to me."

"Yeah, and do you know what else she did? She helped your dad, Otso! How many months has he been trying to get the UN to send the Vindicators to Africa, huh? How many months has he been fighting for help to save that country you went to? How far has he gotten?

"Tallemaja went there, and she mind-controlled that guy to come up here and make a scene! Now, it looks like the Vindicators are going to be mobilized! If she could do that, and was really such a bad person, would we have ever actually stood a chance? If she really wanted to hurt us, why didn't she just mind-control Kiln and turn him on the students he was with? Why didn't she come back here, and mind-control Doctor Fisher into blowing up the school?

"She was a double-agent, Otso. She told me all about it. She only wants to help, so she planted herself in Laputa, and worked to sabotage them from within."

Something clicked then: as ludicrous as the notion of Tallemaja being a double-agent, working to bring Laputa down from the inside was, Juozas had a point... They perceived Tallemaja is terrifyingly strong. Her Neo-Sapien power to completely alter her physiology, coupled with her magical command over the mind itself made her a nightmarish opponent. Why then did she leave the fight with Kiln? Furthermore, why did she leave a Lacuna-controlled Kirstie to destroy the school? With her powers, she could have protected herself from the explosion, and surely her presence might have ensured victory.

If Tallemaja was so powerful, why didn't she follow through?
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:07 am

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 2 CND: Normal

"I get it. I know it's scary because, well, I've been there," He looks down, "And when it doesn't go right it hurts like hell. And there aren't any promises."

"You look at me and Kirstie and think I'm done, but I'm terrified that she's going to find somebody better. Or get tired of me running off to help somebody instead of spending time with her. Or just realize that I'm not really worth being around,"
Lex shakes his head, "But the good times? I think those are worth it. It's worth it, man. And I'm just scared that if I don't give you a little push you're just going to lock yourself away from the world."

"And you're right, man, hiding from that means you don't have to worry about somebody drop kicking your heart into the dumpster, but it also means you don't get any of the good stuff. You don't get the good times, you don't get the thrills,"
He grips the guitar, "And I think you'll still be hurting. It won't be as dramatic, or as painful but it'll be there."

"I've been there. Maybe not as bad, but I've been there."

Lex sighed, "Look, what I am saying is this. If you want something better there's always going to be risk involved. We might find you a girl and it might go great. Or it might not, but at least you'd got some experience for next time. And there will be a next time."

"I think you deserve a chance at being happy. I want you to be happy! But I'm not going to make you do anything you don't want to,"
Lex gives Doug a smile, "It's your life. You got to decide how it goes. Not me, not somebody else."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:15 am

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 6 LP 2

Kas really wasn't certain why the hulking stone man was so insistant on hugging it out, but the more he pushed, the more suspicious Kas was of his motives. The warden was, after all a loyal subject of the crown and if he thought he would be doing Prince Oscar a solid by snapping Kas like a twig, why wouldn't he? Best to stay out of that danger zone.

"I told you, I...don't...hug."

Especially not when it could be fatal.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:37 am

Violet Lear

"I don't know!" Violet threw her hands up. "Maybe she made a mind-controlling perfume with plant oils. What do they call that, pheromones?"

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:41 am

The Blue Knight

He nodded slowly to the two men. "Wise choice. Ta." He flew back to Astrid, scooping the teen up in his arms. He was just glad it was she wahoo had gotten knackered, and not Gaspar-guy was beefy.

"Mind the glass, ya?" Then he summoned a blast of blue flames, blowing a nearby window out. He flew out into the night sky, spinning a bit as he rose, his four wings burning trails behind him.

His ms had taught him enough to tell direction even at night. It'd be easier to find the north tower like this, and work his way out. Then he'd pop into the dungeons, say 'how do' and free the others.

Part of the fun of flying and being able to cut through steel was that you could make your ins and outs to places.
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:47 am

Fluxx

Martin considered. "Venefica iz ze girl 'oo can manipulate chemicals, yes? Seems like a more natural fit and I do not believe Mary and she are close friends. I may be able to do zat. So, we announce mandatory combat classes and group students by perceived abilities and gender since zere will be extra instruction for ze females. As students are gazered we reveal zat ze students will be going to ze Academy in Japan. Mr. Anders opens a way for Talllemaja's group, but instead of Japan it is to a prepared dojo in Vienna or anywhere, really (ze ozer students should still go to practice sessions, possibly even ze ozer school if practical). Ze mages and Vindicator resources await zere. When we come zrough I, as Venefica, or someone if you wish my talents elsewhere, will evacuate Annaliese to safety." Martin summarizes.

"We should speak about 'ow ze room should be prepared, but ozer zan zat it seems a solid plan."

Note: I'm out of town this weekend. I'll try to stay in touch but might not make it every day.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:51 am

NVAE: BAND ROOM (Lex; NPCs: Doug)
Doug opened his mouth to say something, paused, then shut it. He turned and headed out the door, shaking his head.

HOFBURG PALACE: THE DUNGEON (Kas and Jack; NPCs: Bulwark, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle)
Bulwark didn't move. "This is going to happen," he insisted.

"I thought pheromones were pee," said Kirstie.

"Maybe she's peeing on him," Sarah said. "I dunno. I try not to judge."

Beatrice made a face. "Why would anyone...?" She stomped her foot. "Can you all stop being so gross?"

HOFBURG PALACE: NORTH TOWER (Blue Knight; NPCs: Astrid, Guards)
As he flew, Astrid vomited down his arm.

It was a short flight around the palace. Once he was in the north tower, Blue Knight had no trouble finding the stairs. Descending down them, he soon arrived in the underbelly of the fortress. From the clanking, he suspected a small battalion of guards stood between him and the dungeon.

"I'll make the announcement Monday," Newton said. "That should give us ample time to prepare.

"It sounds as if we have a plan. Let's hope this works, Martin..."

Michuru81 wrote:Notice check!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:02 pm

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 6 LP 2

Kas chuckled at Bulwark's insistance, but made no move toward him. "It's a good thing you're immortal, because otherwise you would be wasting precious time standing like that."

Walking over to Elizabeth, Kas kneeled beside where she sat. "I'm so very sorry I didn't anticipate something like this Beth. I guess I am not as clever as we all hoped."

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Violet Lear

"Oh ewwww!" Violet cringed. "No... that's just... no. Pheromones is like sweat and uh.... other stuff." She looked around. They needed a change of topic. Desperately.

"Bea, are you going to get that top or what?"

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:32 pm

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:59 am

Bulwark didn't move. "This is going to happen," he insisted.

Kas chuckled at Bulwark's insistance, but made no move toward him. "It's a good thing you're immortal, because otherwise you would be wasting precious time standing like that."

"We are going to hug."

Ignoring the titan, Kas made his way to Elizabeth, and knelt beside where she sat. "I'm so very sorry I didn't anticipate something like this Beth." He could sense Bulwark creeping up behind him--he could hear the man's massive footfalls. "I guess I am not as clever as we all hoped."

"It's... okay..." She wasn't focused on him, but on the figure looming behind him.

"HUG ME!" Bulwark roared.

"Absolutely," Beatrice said, happy the talk of peeing on boys was at an end.

After that store, they made their way to the next--pausing outside of a lingerie boutique when Tatjana insisted Kirstie procure something for tomorrow night.

Beatrice barely made it out of that store without her head exploding in a cloud of flames.

As they browsed there, Violet got another text from Jakob: Wolf has 2 work tmr nt. U me mat n eve?

Standing up, Martin saw past the headmaster: a bird sat on his window ledge, but it wasn't behaving like a bird. It's movements weren't spastic--it's head wasn't bobbing wildly. Instead, it looked in. At them--straight at them.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:16 am

Violet Lear

sounds gud

Violet found herself feeling a little relieved that Wolf wasn't going to be there. One less thing to worry about when she really just needed a fun night out.

"Come on, Bea, you don't think this is even a little bit exciting?"

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:45 am

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 2 CND: Normal

Lex sighed.

You could lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

At a loss for anything else to do he picked up his guitar, pulled out some paper and started trying to brainstorm a new song. Maybe he could come up with something catchy.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:33 am

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 6 LP 2

Standing up, Kasimir whirled on the giant. "What is your problem? Are you mentally defective? You have already said you have no sense of touch, so what benefit do you get out of extorting hugs from people who have no desire to cozy up to you? You are like the bastard love child of Baby Huey and a standing stone from Stonehenge. How big is this tantrum of yours going to get? Are you going to hold your breath until you turn blue? Given the demonstration you gave moments ago regarding your physical nature, you may end up holding your breath for eternity."

While he peppered Bulwark with his questions, Kas stepped away from Elizabeth. There was no way he was going to accidentally get her injured by the rock behemoth. In fact, just in case the stone monstrosity decided to get violent, Kas thought he might be better off in front of the door to the cell, so that's where he walked to.

"I am not hugging you of my own free will, so if you want one...you're going to have to come take it."

Kas swallowed nervously, because if Bulwark tried what he hoped he'd try and he couldn't get out of the way...this was going to hurt...probably alot.

With any luck the door out of the cell is visible/detectable from the interior because Kas wants to put his back up against it. He's not lowering his force field...because that would be silly

And if it's at all possible to use a trick maneuver to get the warden to go plowing through the door in his attempt to get the hug... then the roll is {Bluff/trick}; 1d20+12=28.

Kas is also using Total Defense, which makes his Defense 20.

Return to “M&M Game Room”