NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

Postby Arkrite » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:43 am

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 2 CND: Normal

"Doug," Lex shook his head, "You kill me man. I look at you and I see a good guy. You look at you and you cut yourself to shreds."

"You ain't ugly, and hell, ugly ain't even a handicap for a guy," He shrugs, "I mean, look at Martin. I like the guy, I do, but have you seen that nose? And he's still with Tatjana."

"Otso's no great shakes, but he's still got Beatrice,"
He points at his own face, "And look at this? I don't care what anybody else says, this ain't girl magnet material."

"Looking pretty is good for catching chicks, but it's not all there is, man. And women have some bad taste, otherwise I'd be extremely single, ya know?"
He sighs and slumps in his seat, "You figure I rate a girl like Kirstie? I don't. I mean I reaaaaaaly don't."

"Doug, my man, you're a good guy. But you got to like yourself, at least a little bit, if you expect a girl to like you. And you got stuff to like,"
Lex shakes his head, "You know you complain about the Banjo but I know you're good. You're really good, you can make that thing sing! And there's nobody around here who can play the banjo, maybe for miles. That makes you stand out; that makes you special. And girls like musicians."

Lex winks with a wolfish grin, "Good with their fingers, ya know?"

He shakes his head, "If it bugs you that much I could even teach you to play the guitar, shouldn't be too different... but then you'd just be one of the hundreds of thousands of people who play the guitar. Dime a dozen, man, we already got at least three people in the school who play the guitar."

"Look, if you figure a girl you'd like to ask out, I'll help. I won't judge you," He pauses then smiles, "Well, I might judge them. But hey if they're not good enough for you, my man, I'm a say it. But regardless I'll try to help you out man."

"And I wasn't kidding about that girl. She's trying to be an actress so I bet she knows lots of pretty girls," He says with a smile, "If you don't mind the blind date thing."

He drums his fingers on the guitar, "And do me a favor, let me know when you want to play again next? It's kind of lonely being down here by myself, ya know?"

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:47 am

Violet Lear
HP: 1

"Oh gross!" Violet looked horrified but she laughed. "T M I, Sarah!"

"I'm not looking to jump into bed with someone either. And there's sod all for available boys anyway."
She shook her head. "What am I to do, hook up with Doug?"

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #14: Fly

Postby McGuffin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:30 am

Ursa
[Otso Karell]

Trying to persuade Juozas didn't seem worthwhile, it seemed pretty safe to say Tallemaja had slipped 'obey me' into her list of commands she programmed into Juozas's brain.

Otso cocked his head to the side curiously. "What do you feel like at the end of the weeks time before she redos her mojo?"
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:08 pm

NVAE: BAND ROOM (Lex; NPCs: Doug)
Doug sighed. "Fine. I mean, if you want to call this friend of yours, I guess we can see if she can help."

THE MALL (Violet; NPCs: Beatrice, Eve, Kirstie, Sarah, Tatjana)
"I still haven't given up on Mike," Kirstie swore. "We just need to get Rose out of the way..."

Tatjana rolled her eyes. "We had our performance this morning--might have actually beaten the boys if she could actually play worth a damn."

"I could always sing her to sleep," Sarah said. "We could let her wake up on a train back home to France!"

Beatrice raised an eyebrow at her classmate. "She eez from Italy."

"Whatever," Sarah grumbled. "They're all frou-frou. No offense."

Beatrice obviously didn't know how to take this.

WRECK ROOM: ISOLATION (Otso; NPCs: Juozas)
"I feel fine," Otso admitted. "I asked her how long it takes to fade, and she said it would start to after a few more days. If we meet once a week for it, it keeps me thinking right.

"You can't argue with her results: I mean, remember how Ellen was a few months back? She couldn't stop crying over Vlad; she went nuts and ripped Mister Benson's arm off. Thanks to Tallemaja, she's happy and content."

It was the same with Matt Meyers: Tallemaja's influence might explain why the boy was suddenly able to control his powers, and why he'd conquered his social awkwardness. He was often seen with some of the new kids--Adam, the boy with compound eyes, and Annaliese, the girl permanently stuck in the body of an anthropomorphic frog.

Still, if Matt was now dependent upon Tallemaja's magic to help him keep his powers under control, what would he do when he graduated in a few months? What about Juozas, for that matter? Soon, this school year would come to a close, and where would both boys be without Tallemaja reinforcing the charms that kept them in a particular mental state?
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:21 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Alright," He says, with a nod, "I'll swing by her place on the weekend and see if she can help."

Mostly because he didn't know her phone number. Jack probably knew, but even if he was around he wasn't going to ask. Fortunately he'd visited her house once.

He paused, "Wait, how's your German? Hopefully she knows girls who speak English, I mean, she does, but if you speak German that'd open up more options."

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Violet Lear

Violet's eyes lit up briefly at Mike's name. "Do you really think so? He's been trying pretty hard to ignore me all week."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 6 (5?) LP 2

Kas gave the Nephilim's shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "It shall not be forever. Hopefully it should not be so long at all."

Standing up, he turned to Bulwark and pat him on the shoulder. "We are good. I am ... sorry, I yelled at you."

"We are not going to hug. I don't hug."

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #14: Fly

Postby McGuffin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Ursa
[Otso Karell]

"I guess you could think of it as a form of medication." Otso conceded the point warily. The reminder of how damaged Ellen was and how devastating her loss of control had been sent a shiver down the werebear's spine. It had been nice to see her smile happily again.

"But all of you have to meet up with her roughly once a week to reset the thing, right? So what, you'll live out the rest of your lives dependent on her?" Otso shook his head. "I take it back, that's not a form of medication, that's a leash."

"You have to solve your own problems, not just put a bandaid on it and pretend it's all better."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Fluxx

"So, we need to get 'er away from ze school so magical divinations work on 'er and we need to get 'er away from Dag and ozers to confront 'er. But we zink zat she will be on guard and prone to run if she were wizout Dag's company but *I* am leery of impersonating Dag wiz any degree of accuracy. Do you know eef all ze schools are protected from Divinations? If we separate 'er from Dag by making a mandatory self defense training class zen sending zat class to our sister school in Tokyo... actually, Mr. Ander's portal could be to anywhere as long as zere are no windows to show ze lack of correct time zone difference. Just let zem zink zey are going to a similarly protected Vindicator's School in Tokyo. On ze ozer end, out of sight and some'ow shielded from smell, could be ze mages and ozer Vindicator's to be used to subdue 'er."
Martin reasons.

"'Ow does zat sound?"

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:33 am

The Blue Knight

He licked his lips behind the helmet of blue flames. Two guards, all alone, and no 'specials' for him to do with, it seemed. Bendigedig.

Setting Astrid down gently, he flew towards the two men, claymore out, point centimeters from them.

"I need to get to the dungeons. Now you can lead me there, or you can test your blades against mine. I recommend option one, ya?"

Initmidation 1d20+10=23

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:11 am

NVAE: BAND ROOM (Lex; NPCs: Doug)
"Alright. I'll swing by her place on the weekend and see if she can help." Lex paused, realizing the flaw in his brilliant plan: "Wait, how's your German? Hopefully she knows girls who speak English, I mean, she does, but if you speak German that'd open up more options."

"Terrible." Doug made a face. "Never mind," he said. "It was stupid anyway." Shouldering the banjo, he headed for the door.

THE MALL (Violet; NPCs: Beatrice, Eve, Kirstie, Sarah, Tatjana)
Kirstie rolled her eyes. "Well, he's French: it's in their nature to be aloof." She looked at Beatrice and cringed. "No offense."

"It eez not zat we are aloof," Beatrice said through gritted teeth. "We just appreciate what we 'ave--like good dental 'ygene.

"No offense," she added acerbically.

Eve jumped to the rescue: "If Mike saw how Rose actually was, he'd lose all interest in her."

"You ask me," Tatjana said, "I think Mike's being strung along. I mean, they're always together, but they're not together, you know? It doesn't seem like they're dating--just spending a lot of time together." The German girl grabbed Violet by the shoulders and looked her dead in the eyes. "If you get another chance, don't do that. Don't play games with him. Don't flirt or drop hints. Be direct. Tell him what you want. After all this, he may jump at the chance."

HOFBURG PALACE: THE DUNGEON (Kas and Jack; NPCs: Bulwark, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle)
"I have two settings," Bulwark said, keeping his arms spread wide. "Hug and smash."

WRECK ROOM: ISOLATION (Otso; NPCs: Juozas)
"It's better!" Juozas snapped. "You don't get it! I've been fighting... I'm better this way! I don't have to... I... I'm dating Ellen! We haven't really been announcing it to everyone or anything, because we didn't exactly want Kas to know--he might think it would hinder our work in the field, or something... but we're happy! We couldn't be like this if it wasn't for Tallemaja, okay? I... I couldn't...

"She doesn't have us on a leash--she doesn't make us do anything! She's just... she's helping us! Why is that such a problem?"

NVAE: NEWTON'S OFFICE (Martin; NPCs: Newton)
"'Ow does zat sound?"

"It sounds as though we have a plan. When do we execute?"

HOFBURG PALACE: HALLWAY (Harry; NPCs: Astrid, Guards x2)
"I need to get to the dungeons. Now you can lead me there, or you can test your blades against mine. I recommend option one, ya?"

One man dropped his weapon; the other held it at the ready. "Below the palace," the unarmed man said.

"Idiot! You're committing treason!"

"Better than dying!" he snapped. "You heard the commotion upstairs!"

"Dammit," growled the other man. If he fought the teen, it could cost him his life. If he helped him, it could cost him his life. "We never saw you," he spat. "Get to the north tower. There's a set of stairs that wind down to the dungeons. It's a far cry from here, though. There's no direct path from the residences to the dungeons."

OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:58 am

Violet Lear

Violet nodded. That's what she was supposed to do in the library. Or at band practice. But Rose was always there. "He seems almost normal when I see him alone. But when she's around, he's a bloody moron. It's like she's making him stupid or something." Violet paused, like she'd had a revelation. "Wait, maybe she is. Does anyone know what her power is? I know she's Fiore's sister so it must be something with plants but what is it really? Could she be doing something to him?"

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:20 am

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex rolled his eyes, "My stupid plan involves talking to a young beautiful actress, who speaks English, about the possibility of finding you a date. Who might also be an aspiring young beautiful actress who'd either know or be trying to learn English."

"Yeah, it might be a crapshoot, but what have you got to lose by trying?"
Lex asks with a sigh, "Seriously, worst comes to worst she doesn't know anybody who fits what you're looking for. No skin off your back. And come on the reward seems like it might be worth the shot, don't you think?"

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:20 am

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 6 LP 2

Kas had to laugh at the warden's declaration. "Really? Almost a hundred years of life and that's as nuanced as you've gotten...hug or smash? Unglaublich."

Turning away, Kas shook his head. "I told you, I won't start a fight...but we still aren't going to hug. I don't think my ribs could take it."

Despite the lunacy of it all, even this conversation couldn't keep Kasimir's mind off the looming threat in the real world. Silently he prayed for Harry to break them out...and soon.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Fluxx

"Will it take you long to assemble zose we 'ope to take 'er down? I can contact ze spell-users. 'Ow long to get ze 'fake' class togezer? Do we know 'oo would be in it? We 'ave to get zem clear before ze trouble starts, but definition zey will be some of ze least combat capable characters."

Return to “M&M Game Room”