NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:16 pm

Fluxx

"Okay, if you feel ze mosque idea is too contrived and would be too unnerving for 'er..." Martin conceded.

"She sleeps, yes? She showers in separate facilities? She must feel more comfortable in ze school not around Dag. Can we zink of some ozer organic way to get 'er away from Dag wizout incapacitation and subterfuge? What can we do in ze Wreck room? Surely, if we go wiz ze story of women's-only self defense class by observed fighting competency levels, she couldn't balk at ze separation. Use ze wreck room to create a dojo wiz an extra room where ze mages and rest of our subdual squad are. Zere would need to be ozer females zere or she'd get suspicious but can ze Wreck room escapsulate zem in a protective barrier when ze fighting starts?"
Martin asks.

The mosque idea was only his first and he wasn't invested one way or another. He was just trying to get her isolated.

[wait a sec, Did Rembrandt say she had to be outside of the school for him to detect if she had the cylinder?]

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Violet Lear
HP: 1

"No." Violet looked at the floor. "I've never even touched one... you know... directly."

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #14: Fly

Postby McGuffin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Ursa
[Otso Karell]

"There's nothing wrong with you Juozas. Well, maybe I think you should stop kicking Matt when he's already down, but other than that? You're a good guy. I've heard about the work you do with Kas's group. You've got no reason not to hold your head up high and be proud of yourself."

"Sure, he bailed on your mom when she was pregnant, I'm not saying he didn't make a stupid choice. But the guy was what, two years older than we are now? I was angry at my dad when he left me and mom and I wanted to know why. Of course I didn't act on that before she died and I had no one else but I still wanted to know why."

Otso shook his head. "I don't know, I just can't help thinking maybe you guys could've patched things up if things hadn't gone all pear-shaped. At least you'd have had the chance to try, unlike now."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 2 CND: Normal

"I don't know, I have been thinking about tossing her out a window," Lex said idly, "Two or three times a day..."

Lex shrugs, "She can only really make life miserable for you if you let her."

"I don't expect you to knock her silly, or smack talk her, but you got options, ya know?" He scratched his head, "But you got me, I'm willing to do both. Possibly at the same time. Plus you got the teachers and they shouldn't put up with that nonsense none. Anders is pretty good, you could talk to him."

"Otherwise most of the other ideas I got put a lot of pressure on you,"
He shrugs, "The good news is that she's digging her own grave. Most of us have been here for about a half a year already, we know one another. First thing Rose did was make enemies with Violet."

He shakes his head, "That means Kirstie, Eve, Tatjana, and Sarah don't like her. That's almost half the women in this school. The ones she hangs with? A Laputa girl that nobody else trusts enough to even talk to, and the new girl who doesn't know any better. Oh, and Mike who's so busy hoping he might get some that he's ignoring everything else."

"She might be bugging you now, but I think she's a couple weeks from discovering that this is a very small school. And that nonsense she's pulling is going to wind up with her being the outcast."

"That crap might fly where she came from, or even where we came from, but everybody here knows everybody else,"
He gives a nasty grin, "So those lies are just going to come back to burn her silly ass."

He pauses then adds, "Plus we could always talk to Fiore. That guy's pretty cool. I'm sure we could get him to sic his Mom on her or something."

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:28 pm

The Blue Knight

He wanted to just hide Astrid somewhere-but where was safe in this place? Who could he trust? The answer was nowhere and no one, sure as spit. Just his friends, and they were locked up. But maybe...

As Gwyn rounded yet another corner in this endless palace, he decided he just needed to find a guard. Then he could browbeat them into leading them to the dungeons. Hopefully before something awful happened to Gaspar. Jack and Kas he wasn't so worried about and the Drifter-well if she'd been smart enough to make friends with that magic-living transporter ball of hers, she had to be sly enough to get by.

Here's hoping Gwyn doesn't pull a Han Solo and run into way more guards than he'd been planning on.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:01 pm

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 3

Bulwark wrote:The warden reattached his hand. "Then that'll do." He spread his arms out wide. "Let's hug it out."

Kas wrote:"Nein. I would rather not, danke."

Bulwark wrote:The warden looked over his shoulder to Kas. "Well, no one asked you. The offer's exclusive to Greystone..." His head swiveled to the Drifter. "And the Drifter."

Kas wrote:"You will keep your filthy hands off her, and if you start waving around your stalactite of justice, I will snap it off!"

"Understand this beast, if you touch Elizabeth with disrespect one time, I will create a black hole in the center of that mound of silt you call a body and crush you out of existence!"

Bulwark wrote:The warden turned to face Kas. "You really ought to be more careful who you threaten," he said. "Lemme give you a history lesson that not many people get.

"I was born on August 9, 1911, in Woodbury, Tennessee. I'm almost a hundred-years-old. How am I still here? Unlike the rest of you, I'm not a Neo-Sapien. Way back in 1926, I ate an apple--a golden apple. The same sort of apples Odin and Zeus and all the other gods ate to get their power.

"Funny thing about the people who eat those apples is they become unkillable. Some people take some time to come back--maybe an hour, maybe a day or two--hell, maybe a whole week. Me? It takes me a few seconds to completely regenerate my entire body. Create a blackhole. Go right ahead. Even if there's nothing left, my body will pull itself back together.

"Stop and think about this for a moment: did I touch her? Did I try to force myself on her? Hell, I couldn't even feel her if I wanted to. Stop and ask yourself if it's worth throwing down with a guy whose entire power is that he will outlast you no matter what... all because he flirted with a girl."

Kas wrote:"So, you can come back from the dead. Blackholes also are theorized to open wormholes Bulwark. How would you like to be the most immortal man on Mars?"

Bulwark’s revelation about the source of his powers, especially the part about coming back from death even if it took a week, reminded Jack of what had happened to Dag following their fight with Laputa.

Could he be one of those people who’d eaten a golden apple?

Jack pushed that question into the back of his mind for when he’d, hopefully, get back home to share with Newton and focused on the problem at hand – Kas’ sudden urge to have a measuring contest with the ‘Stalactite of Justice’.

Moving so that he was in between Bulwark and Kas, Jack put his hands up in an effort to get the warden’s attention. “Look my friend has been under a lot of stress since we got here and I think it’s all just gotten to be too much for him, so if you’ll agree to drop the matter then so will he.” Jack said in a tone that was more directed toward Kas than Bulwark, hoping that the German would take the hint to SHUT UP.

“But if feel like you’ve been wronged then I’ll pay the price for it.” Jack was sure that somewhere, somehow Vlad was laughing his candy coated butt off at the idea of him, of all people, playing peacemaker.

OOC wrote:IANAI: 1d20+0=14, well I’m just glad one of us made it.

Diplomacy Check: 1d20+6=9…and that makes up for the previous good roll.

World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:59 pm

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 6 LP 2

Kas scowled, then snorted with bitter laughter. "Nein Jack, if the warden has an issue with me, I will settle it. I am not some delicate flower that needs defending."

Turning and walking over to Gabrielle, he sighed. "I will restrain my hostility though, since we seem to be stuck here and it is counter productive."

Kneeling down, he grabbed Gabrielle's hand. "Gabrielle! Pull yourself together!" Honestly, he didn't expect Gabrielle to do any such thing, but it kept his mind off the man-golem for the moment.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:18 am

HOFBURG PALACE: THE DUNGEON (Kas and Jack; NPCs: Bulwark, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle)
"So, you can come back from the dead. Blackholes also are theorized to open wormholes Bulwark. How would you like to be the most immortal man on Mars?"

"We're in another dimension, dummy!" bellowed the warden. "Mars don't exist in here!" Looking to Jack and the Drifter, Bulwark jerked a thumb towards Kas. "This guy, amiright?"

Moving so that he was in between Bulwark and Kas, Jack put his hands up in an effort to get the warden's attention. "Look my friend has been under a lot of stress since we got here and I think it's all just gotten to be too much for him, so if you'll agree to drop the matter then so will he. But if feel like you've been wronged, then I'll pay the price for it."

"Like I said, dude," said Bulwark, "if you're sorry, we're cool. Hug?" Again, he opened his arms wide for Jack.

"Nein Jack, if the warden has an issue with me, I will settle it. I am not some delicate flower that needs defending." Turning and walking over to Gabrielle, he sighed. "I will restrain my hostility though, since we seem to be stuck here and it is counter productive."

Kneeling down, he grabbed Gabrielle's hand. "Gabrielle! Pull yourself together!"

"Something is wrong with this place," Gabrielle cried. "Can't you guys feel it?"

NVAE: NEWTON'S OFFICE (Martin; NPCs: Newton)
"Doctor Fisher and I have been discussing a new compulsory class: power training. It's possible we could utilize that..."

Michuru81 wrote:Aye. The school is protecting from divination. Magical scrying will find nothing inside the compound.

THE MALL (Violet; NPCs: Beatrice, Eve, Kirstie, Sarah, Tatjana)
"Trust me," said the pregnant teen, "you're better off that way."

WRECK ROOM: ISOLATION (Otso; NPCs: Juozas)
"I wouldn't have taken it," Juozas said. "He had his chance--he made his decision...

"Sorry. I came here to try and cheer you up, and it feels like all I'm doing is bringing the room down. The Volunteers are doing great. We hit a snag recently. I mean, with Kas away, our mobility is shot. We got word that Francois and Antoine Vitesse hit a bank. Even with Kas, we weren't going to get there in time, but there've been other situations we arrived too late for.

"We're hopeless with him..."

NVAE: BAND ROOM (Lex; NPCs: Doug)
"She can only really make life miserable for you if you let her."

"Bologna," Doug spat. "No matter how hard I fight her, she's going to turn everyone against me."

"Most of us have been here for about a half a year already, we know one another."

"Really? Because Lena's known me for a month, and Rose for about a week. Still, the moment Rose tells her that I'm some kind of... weirdo, she buys it."

"First thing Rose did was make enemies with Violet."

"Oh, good!" Doug boomed. "At least I've got a chance with Violet! Oh, wait: no, I don't!"

"Kirstie, Eve, Tatjana, and Sarah don't like her. That's almost half the women in this school. The ones she hangs with? A Laputa girl that nobody else trusts enough to even talk to, and the new girl who doesn't know any better. Oh, and Mike who's so busy hoping he might get some that he's ignoring everything else."

"Violet and Eve won't notice me if Larrikin made my skin fluorescent with polka dots. Tatjana's with Martin, and Kirstie's with you. Whatever hopes I had to get a girlfriend? Rose has killed."

"She might be bugging you now, but I think she's a couple weeks from discovering that this is a very small school. And that nonsense she's pulling is going to wind up with her being the outcast. That crap might fly where she came from, or even where we came from, but everybody here knows everybody else."

"You really don't get it, do you?" asked Doug. "Lex... Since we came here, we've had how many new students show up? The Laputa kids, Larrikin, Mouloud, Adam, Matt S.--heck, we just had a new kid enroll this week! Rose isn't hurting for friends, Lex: she's almost always surrounded by Kate and Lena and Herta and Anne. The new girl's already been inducted into Rose's little cult. As more students come, who's to say they won't drink the Kool-Aid she's passing out, too?"

Lex paused before offering: "We could always talk to Fiore. That guy's pretty cool. I'm sure we could get him to sic his Mom on her or something."

Doug sighed. "If you think it would work, go ahead. The whole thing just seems pointless to me..."

HOFBURG PALACE: HALLWAY (Harry; NPCs: Astrid, Guards x2)
Harry looked around the corner, only to see a pair of guards lazily making their way down the hall. In a few moments, they'd be on him. If they didn't hear Astrid's bizarre muttering, it would be a miracle...
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:38 am

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 2 CND: Normal

Lex looks at Doug for a minute before a big smile pops up on his face, "Is that what this was about? Dude, that's a horse of a different colour."

He taps his chin, "Well, I haven't completely counted out Lena yet. I told her Rose was full of crap, and she seemed to have an open mind to it but if she can't figure it out herself..."

He shrugged, "And lets be honest, man, beyond Lena most of Rose's cadre aren't exactly people you want to be with. Unless you're going for one night stand or something, but even then." He made an 'ick' face.

"Beyond that, like I said before, you've got Sarah who's... well, she could be nice enough once you break the ice but she's got some baggage with the kid. That's not a bad thing, but it is a thing. Then there's, uh... Piro? The other Laputa girl," Lex frowned and sighed, "Not really big on those ones, but at least she's not causing problems."

He grinds his teeth as he says, "And she could probably use a friend."

He didn't much like any of the Laptua group, but he reminded himself that this wasn't about him.

He glances at Doug then mumbles, "What? Maybe you'd be a good influence."

He cleared his throat, "Anyways, how do you feel about girls from off the school grounds? 'Cause I know a girl who's got to know other girls. I'd try to hook you up with her, but I think she was with Jack so... ya know. Probably better to skip that landmine."

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:48 am

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 3

Bulwark wrote:"Like I said, dude," said Bulwark, "if you're sorry, we're cool. Hug?" Again, he opened his arms wide for Jack.

"Sure, why not." Jack said before hugging the golem-like man, it's not like it's the oddest thing he's done today.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:45 am

Violet Lear

Violet didn't agree with Sarah's assessment. She didn't like the idea of being the only one of them, aside from Beatrice, who had no "experience." "You just had a spot of bad luck. I think I could manage to do it without the side effects."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:17 am

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 6 LP 2

"Something is wrong with this place," Gabrielle cried. "can't you guys feel it?""

Hooking a thumb over his shoulder in Bulwark's direction, Kas said; "Besides him? Nein, I am sorry but I do not feel it. However, the mobile statue says it may be something to do with the fact you are ...nephilim."

Kas shrugged. "Whatever the reason for your discomfort, we were put here in part to ruin you and your brother as witnesses or assets, so please...fight it. You have two choices that I can see, side with us and try to save the crown princess, which should bolster your case for forgiveness at the end or try to convince Oscar you had nothing to do with our..." He motions toward himself and Jack. "...appearance here to throw a wrench into the Herzog's treasonous plan."

Holding up his hand to stop her before she states the rather obvious third option, he smiles ruefully. "Of course, you could simply attempt to flee should you escape from here, but who would take you in? Where in this world could Oscar's forces not eventually find you?"

"But to be in a position to make any of these choices, you must fight to hold onto your sanity. That is your first challenge."

I don't suppose her panic is one of those things Kasimir's Leadership feat could be used against? If it is, he'll spend the HP.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Fluxx

Michuru81 wrote:NVAE: NEWTON'S OFFICE (Martin; NPCs: Newton)
"Doctor Fisher and I have been discussing a new compulsory class: power training. It's possible we could utilize that..."

"Any way we could be outside of ze Divination shields ze school 'as for zis class? We really need to detect if she 'as zis cylinder I told you about on 'er. Wait, do we know any Neo-Sapiens wiz X-ray vision?" Martin asks hopefully.

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #14: Fly

Postby McGuffin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:05 am

Ursa
[Otso Karell]

Otso nodded slowly. "If that's your choice just remember that and stick to it."

"Don't sweat it man, it's not your fault it's just my baggage."
He paused as what he'd said sunk and flashed a half-smile. "Guess I should try taking my own advice as well."

"I don't know what to suggest for your mobility problems. I heard from Martin that the Vitesse brothers are a pain to deal with even if you get the drop on them. Hard to make anything stick when the guys can move faster than the human eye can follow. No witnesses."

Otso thought for a moment, before venturing a question. "Did Tallemaja approach you too?"
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 am

NVAE: BAND ROOM (Lex; NPCs: Doug)
"And lets be honest, man: beyond Lena most of Rose's cadre aren't exactly people you want to be with. Unless you're going for one night stand or something, but even then."

"No!" Doug exclaimed, taken aback by the very suggestion that he was simply looking for sex. "I mean, they're all cute, but... no, I... I mean, we're too young, you know?"

"Like I said before," offered Lex, "you've got Sarah who's... well, she could be nice enough once you break the ice, but she's got some baggage with the kid. That's not a bad thing, but it is a thing."

"No, it's a bad thing," said Doug. "I mean... dating a girl with a kid?" He made a face.

"Then there's, uh... Piro? The other Laputa girl." Lex frowned and sighed. "Not really big on those ones, but at least she's not causing problems." He couldn't help but grind his teeth. "And she could probably use a friend."

"Look, man, I'm grateful for all you're doing, but no girl would ever want to date a guy who looks like me. I'm ugly, I'm weird--I play the banjo! I'm pathetic." He rose up from the chair and moved to pack up his banjo. "I think I'm just gonna call it a night."

HOFBURG PALACE: THE DUNGEON (Kas and Jack; NPCs: Bulwark, Drifter, Gabriel, Gabrielle)
"All right," the warden said as he and Jack finished embracing, "who'se next? Kas? Eh? C'mon, buddy..."

Kas was too busy trying to rouse Gabrielle's sanity. "I suppose," she said. "I'm sorry. I'm normally more collected than this, but..." She rubbed her arms vigorously. "This place... It feels like the air is crawling up my skin."

THE MALL (Violet; NPCs: Beatrice, Eve, Kirstie, Sarah, Tatjana)
"You'd be surprised," Sarah said. "I thought I was being careful, too, but... Viktor's power makes him unstoppable, right? Well, everything about him was apparently unstoppable, if you get my meaning." The girl rolled her eyes. "Not that I intend to jump into bed with anyone for a long while, but when I do? I am swearing off Neo-Sapiens."

NVAE: NEWTON'S OFFICE (Martin; NPCs: Newton)
"As I understand it, they're not something we can turn up or down--or even on or off. They were put in place years ago by the Aurelius, who recently lost his ability to cast magic. After him, we don't know any other mage capable of putting up that sort of barrier."

WRECK ROOM: ISOLATION (Otso; NPCs: Juozas)
Juozas' expression soured. "Yeah," he said. "She, uh... she came to me. I guess she'd helped Matt and Ellen, and... At first, I wanted to kill her, but she... Even when I attacked her, she didn't fight me back. She had the upper-hand. If she wanted to take me out, she could have done it at any time.

"I asked her what she wanted. She said nothing. She said Ellen and I were doing good work with the Volunteers, and she just... she wanted to repay that. She said we were saving the city, and someone needed to save us.

"I've been seeing her for a couple of months, Otso: every week, she comes in to redo it--whatever her powers let her do, it fades after so long. It's really helped me, Otso." Juozas smiled at him. "I've never been happier.

"I don't know what I'd do without her."
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Return to “M&M Game Room”