Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Fluxx

Martin's liquid form flowed past the defenders and under/through the door. He waited til others were through before shutting it tight and fusing the cracks so that even if Vlad posses his caramel form he could not flow through it.

Martin has to visibly keep from glaring at the ones who attacked Tatjana, and at Jason for thinking of her in such a negative way. "Let's jus' be on wiz it."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9451
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Jason Lamperouge/Prodigy

Jason sighed a little in relief as they put the door in-between them and the seemingly untouchable Vlad. The look on his face as Jason had shut the door, that was something to see, though. A commendable commitment to one's principles and an elementary understanding of philosophy did not make one his intellectual equal.

He cracked a smile as he led the way forward, eyes and ears open-this was a dungeon, after all. "Well, you know what they say: A mind is a terrible thing."

He was not too surprised by they had seen, really. It was broad strokes of the people he knew-their inner, middling details expunged to focus on one extreme or another, painting an almost cartoonish picture of them. Grounded in reality, to be sure, but good beginnings did not always lead to good endings.

It made Jason even more curious than before to see his mother. He had no true negative memories of her, really-except for that bit right at the end. He had always thought reflected worse on him, anyway. At least Jason knew how bad the two other pieces of him would look, so he wouldn't be even more embarrassed by this whole sordid expedition.

Taking 10 on Notice for a total of 24.
User avatar
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 15546
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:45 am

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:43 pm

JASON'S MIND: THE KEEP (Catalyst, Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Prodigy, Ursa; NPCs: Pseudo Kirstie)
"All in favor of never speaking of this again?"

Jack couldn't help but nod in agreement. "The less we ever talk about this mess the better."

"Yes please." Otso allowed himself a moment to shudder, then scanned their destination: stairs descended down, spiraling into darkness. "Come on," he groaned, making his way down the stone stairs, "lets get this nightmare over with..."

Jason looked to Martin: the Frenchman had been noticeably agitated after meeting his avatar in Jason's mind--perhaps rightly so. These caricatures were hardly flattering, but they were far from how Jason completely viewed each of the cast members in his life story. Then again, his classmates had no way of knowing how he truly saw them--they were only getting this glimpse...

Despite that, Martin seemed more troubled now than when they had left the village. Maybe it was how Tatjana was represented here that left him sullen; maybe it was the sight of Lex and Jack attacking her that made him moody... or maybe it was that Martin saw some glimmer of truth in the shades Jason's mental paintbrush had coloured her with. The girl did have trouble facing her problems. First, she had sought solace in a bottle; then, she found denial to be a comfort. Perhaps what Martin was most distressed about was the possibility that Jason was right about the German girl...

"Let's jus' be on wiz it."

The New Vindicators descended further down into the keep. Jason was further back in the line that rode the twisting cooridor to the bottom. As such, he had a difficult time seeing what it was that had caused their party to stop...

Still, the sounds of low, mongrel growls came to him and he knew: guard dogs.

Jason pushed his way forward, only to find Otso frozen at the base of the stairs. There, fifty feet ahead, was the door to the dungeon. Beyond that, they would find Danny. Between them and the door, however, stood an enormous, three-headed bear.

At the sight of Cerberus-esque creature, Jason knew--like his other comrades--what barred their path: Otso. This was how Jason's subconscious saw Otso Karell...

"If you value your lives, I wouldn't go any further." Sitting near them, against the wall, was Larrikin, clad in the same armor Tatjana and Vlad had worn.

He was missing an arm.

"I was supposed to feed 'im," the Australian boy said, "and he snapped at me as if I'd touched his favorite toy." He gestured by inclining his head towards a doll lying in the floor. Even from this distance, the resemblance to Beatrice was obvious. "It doesn't take much to set that beast off, and once... you... do..."

Larrikin gave up the ghost as the Otsobus snarled and snapped at the young heroes...
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5664
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Pekin, IL

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby McGuffin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:28 am

Ursa
[Otso Karell]
HP: 12


Otso stood frozen to the spot at the bottom of the stairs, feeling sick to his stomach. The irony of what he'd just said a couple of moments ago completely eluded him. There, between them and the door that lead to Danny was his worst nightmare made flesh.

This was what he was afraid of becoming. This was what he kept telling himself every day he wasn't.

Larrikin's words drew his attention away from the beast and Otso knelt down beside him, summoning all his knowledge in a futile attempt to stabilize him even as the Australian's life slipped between his fingers. "...not me, that's not me, not me..."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3083
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Arkrite » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:00 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
.
HP: 6 CND: Normal

"God damn it!"

And they'd been doing so well, and now a part of Jason's own mind had ripped another part to pieces.

He stepped down to make himself a barrier in case the creature dove at Otso while tried to help the downed man.

"Martin, can you help him?" He looked at the giant creature, then the doll out of the corner of his eye, "If it comes this way I'll try and lead it on a wild goose chase, but I don't know how much room I have to use in here."

His mind spun. A part of him wanted to puke, watching one of his classmates bleeding to death. Another part wanted to ask Jason what the hell was wrong with him. He made Otso into a giant killer beast, and then made Beatrice his "toy"?

Boy had issues. Also he apparently liked the Harry Potter movies if the three headed monster was any indication.

"Dammit, how did they take this guy down in the movie?"
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11012
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:58 am

Jason Lamperouge/Prodigy

Jason's eyes swept across the room, assessing the situation. The beast was chained, which was something Murphy seemed to miss. "I don't think he can chase you, Murphy. He's chained up, see?" He pointed. "If he could escape, surely he would have by now. Jack, can you grow quills, so as to strike him from afar?"

He strode forward, his gun appearing in his hand. "He's dead, already, there's nothing you can do for him." His problems were over, while theirs, Jason feared, had a ways to go. Once they got to Danny, though, Larrikin and the other thoughtforms would be restored as his mind was made whole again, and all that was wrong with this place will be put right. Well, that probably wasn't true. Even a mind like Jason's wasn't perfect.

"Our best bet is to keep our distance and attack from range. I won't be surprised if it manages to break its chains, but until that happens we have an advantage."

He smirked. "In the movie, Fluffy falls asleep at the sound of music. I doubt that'll help us here, but you're welcome to sing Murphy."

Initiative 1d20+6=18
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 15546
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:45 am

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:08 am

Fluxx

Martin slinked over to the dis-armed man and checked for signs of life if only to confirm what they all understood. This was a show. Larrikin was perceived as about to touch Beatrice and Otso killed him for it. It was a mere reflection of Jason's skewed perceptions of the world.

"I'll keep it's attention, sneak past. No matter what, keep going. I am difficult to 'urt and impossible to 'old."

With that, Fluxx shifts into a form he's taken before. Beatrice, in looks, sound, and, most importantly, smell, stands before them. She tries to keep the triple headed bear's attention, walking into the room. She speaks in soothing French words trying to keep the attention of all three heads and turning him so her friends can get by slowly.


bluff1d20+4=11 hp reroll
1d20+4=13 which is 23, +15 (I think) from Morph pr3

And my main array is set for half-damage from physical attacks.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9451
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Arkrite » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
.
HP: 6 CND: Normal

Lex shook his head as Jason berated him for the fact that the hound was chained up, then turned right around and admitted it might just break loose.

His casual dismissal of Larrikin's death ate at him too. Sure it was just an aspect of his own mind, but damn if it wasn't real for the rest of them.

At least Jason's smart ass remark at the end clarified one thing. Jason had seen the movie, so it could be possible.

"Hey, Martin," He said turning to the frenchman, "I can't be quiet and sneak and try singing so... you know, sing when you're trying to get it's attention."

He holds up a hand, "Yes, it's a dumb idea, but you're trying to get it's attention anyways, right? So it can't hurt, ya know?"

He looks around, "Not like the rest of this place has been running off common sense."
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 11012
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Fluxx

Martin considered the idea and considered that Beatrice wasn't known for her singing and doing so might 'break character' as much as responding in a laguage that the French girl didn't speak.

Martin realized that Lex might take offense that he wasn't using his idea, the American took offense at so very much, but it couldn't be helped.

She continued forward slowly, using soft French murmurings, continuing to exude the scent signature that he recalled from Beatrice.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9451
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
Condition: Here! HP 5 (by my reckoning)

Kas hadn't really felt "solid" since being dragged into Jason's mind with his classmates. He wasn't certain why. Maybe because his attachment to most of his classmates was extraordinarily tenuous? Who knew really, but with the death of Larrikin at the hands...jaws...of Otso, the two students with whom he'd had the most interaction he snapped into full presence. Good. Finally, he could act.

Unlike the others, he hadn't really been bothering himself with questioning the mindscape, merely ascertaining that his unusual senses could perceive it. It turned out he could, and that made action possible, so he acted. He reached out with his powers and created a gravity well of jovian intensity around the three headed bear/hound/whatever.

Initiative 1d20+3=10
Ranged Attack 1d20+8=21

If the Gravity Control hits, it adds Str 40 or 3 tons to Otsoberus' encumbrance. If his carrying capacity is exceeded he must make a strength check PR 18 to move.
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 13184
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Riding the range

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby McGuffin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Ursa
[Otso Karell]
HP: 12


Arthur Eld wrote:He strode forward, his gun appearing in his hand. "He's dead, already, there's nothing you can do for him."


Otso froze at the words, the American genius saying out loud what he knew in his heart as true seeming to snap him out of it. None the less, he slowly and gently laid the Australian on the ground and closed his eyes before standing up.

His fists shook with barely restrained rage as he waited to see how Martin's plan worked. Otso was careful not to look directly at any of his teammates, the anger burning like a fire in his chest. It was raw and undirected, which scared him. He wasn't even sure himself who he'd snap at.

McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3083
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 11


Jack couldn’t help but stare at how Jason’s mind perceived Otso, it was a bit surprising to say the least. Especially when he considered that Jason had seen more violence from Jack personally than from the Finnish student. He wondered what made the difference between the doormat and the monster.

Then Jason said something to him about growing quills and attacking Otsobus from a distance and as Jack spent a moment to ponder the changes he’d need to make to do such a thing Martin underwent his own transformation – becoming Beatrice and began talking to Otsobus in what sounded like French, which made sense but then the new guy…. Kas, made his move and tried to hold Otsobus in place with his powers.

Jack simply moved to a space that allowed him a path to the twisted version of his teammate, in case it somehow managed to free itself of

OOC wrote:Initiative Roll: 1d20+4=11

Holding Jack's action to see how Kas’ snare works, if it doesn’t he’ll move in to try and grapple Otsobus so that everyone can get by it/him and through the door but I’ll wait to make those rolls to see if Kas’ attack works.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14281
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:52 pm

JASON'S MIND: THE KEEP (Catalyst, Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Magnitude, Prodigy, Ursa; NPCs: The Otsobus, Pseudo Kirstie)
Otso dropped to the dead Australian's side. His hands covered the boy's bleeding wounds in a futile attempt to save him. "...not me," he muttered. "That's not me, not me..."

"Goddammit!" Lex snapped, rushing to put himself between the creature and the young man it was meant to represent. "Martin, can you help him?" The Frenchman was already moving to check Larrikin for signs of life.

"He's dead, already," Jason said, matter-of-factly, "there's nothing you can do for him."

Martin froze in his tracks. Otso's closed his eyes and rose; the knees of his uniform were stained crimson; his fists trembled in rage. Lex hadn't noticed either boy: his focus was on the beast before them. "If it comes this way I'll try and lead it on a wild goose chase, but I don't know how much room I have to use in here."

"I don't think he can chase you, Murphy," offered Jason. "He's chained up, see? If he could escape, surely he would have by now."

In the midst of their squabbling, Kas stepped forward. It was the only indication the young heroes had that he had done anything at all: the energy Kas commanded was invisible to the naked eye. He intensified the gravity around the creature; it stumbled slightly, and then raged at its invisible bonds. Ultimately though, the beast resisted his powers. It was no small wonder: given its size and mass, it had to be strong enough to endure this assault...

"Dammit!" Lex cursed when he saw the creature's jaws snap at nothing. "How did they take this guy down in the movie?"

Jason smirked. "In the movie, Fluffy falls asleep at the sound of music. I doubt that'll help us here, but you're welcome to sing, Murphy."

Martin shook his head. "I'll keep it's attention; sneak past. No matter what: keep going. I am difficult to 'urt and impossible to 'old."

"I can't be quiet and sneak and try singing, so..." Lex trailed off. "Sing when you're trying to get it's attention." Martin turned and fixed Lex with an incredulous look. "Yes, it's a dumb idea, but you're trying to get it's attention anyways, right? So it can't hurt, ya know?

"Not like the rest of this place has been running off common sense," he muttered.

Martin took the form of Beatrice and began to make his way towards the Otsobus. Behind him, he could hear Jason formulating a Plan B: "Our best bet is to keep our distance and attack from range. I won't be surprised if it manages to break its chains, but until that happens we have an advantage.

"Jack, can you grow quills, so as to strike him from afar?"

Jack cast a worried look to Martin as he shifted forms. He refrained from moving--trusting in Martin's guise. The New Vindicators were tense as they watched their comrade approach the beast, only to breathe easier when they saw its expression change from rage to elation at the approach of its favorite person...

Michuru81 wrote:HH is back! Unfortunately, with the Otsobus' carrying capacity is increased by his size, bringing it to 12 tons (Str 45), so he's unencumbered. Hero point for awesomeness though.

Also, hero point to Otso for the complication.

Sense Motive (1d20+1=3) The Otsobus believes the crap out of Martin.

Given the degree of planning going on, I'm letting Prodigy go ahead and make a Master Plan roll, in case this goes south. In the event that it does, here's who's initiatives I have.

Initiative
    Prodigy (18)
    Greystone (11--Holding)
    Magnitude (10)
    Ursa (4)

Martin, as you're the only one up with Fluffy 2.0, it's up to you how to handle it from here.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5664
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Pekin, IL

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Fluxx
hp:lots still
cnd: Beatricified

"C'est juste mon ours beau, continuez à regarder moi. Personne ne te fera de mal.*" Beatrice-Martin says in soothing tones, waving the others onward subtley. She tries to keep the attention of all three heads. Approaching close to gently retreive the doll and bring it to the beast near enough to stroke first one head, then the other, then the third.

Perhaps it was thinking about what Lex said but Beatrice-Martin begins to sing a lullaby that his mother sang to him and his sister.

As she sings she places the doll in the mouth of one of the bear heads, her touch had already coated it in clonazepam and zolpidem- powerful orally-administered sleep agents. With every breath she sings, aerosol chloroform and a low but significant dosage of Carbon dioxide also serve to promote sleep. And scratching the head of the third leaves behind flunitrazepam and propofol, powerful sedatives formulated in transdermal patch form^.



*That's right my handsome bear, keep looking at me. No one will hurt you.


I'll herioc feat Fascinate(singing) singing (1d20+0=18)


if needed, init 1d20+7=14


^going for a subtle, insidious, cumulative, sleep effect, it would likely be Fort DC 15 with cumulative penalties. I'm thinking it'll work eventually just does he realize something's up before that or does someone do something dumb.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9451
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby McGuffin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:16 am

Ursa
[Otso Karell]
HP: 13


Otso was very glad his fur made it harder to tell whether he was blushing as he very pointedly didn't look at any of his teammates. Martin's mimicry of Beatrice was very detailed. Once the Frenchman gave the signal Otso proceeded across the room and through the doorway beyond.
Last edited by McGuffin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3083
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alex, Arthur Eld, Bing [Bot], Kreuzritter, Shock and 3 guests