Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

NEW VINDICATORS #15: Deport (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Fluxx

Flux extended around the corner and to Vlad, arms outstretched. He tried not to think too deeply about what he was about to do. He reached for Vlad.

1d20+10=11 Wow, 1s are catching.
hp reroll 1d20+10=20 is 30, but not a critical, I think.


Whereever he touched the metal knight, turned to water.

Corrosion (Drain Toughness, affects objects 6 +linked+ Strike 6), Accurate 2, Slow Fade(on Drain), Feat: Power Attack pr 6
So Fort DC 16, then Toughness DC21
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9432
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Michuru81 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:36 pm

JASON'S MIND: THE KEEP (Catalyst, Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Prodigy, Ursa; NPCs: Pseudo Tatjana, Pseudo Vlad)
Lex zipped into the room at high speed, stopping by Tatjana's side, and clasping a hand on her shoulder. She turned to him with an expression of alarm plastered over her face. "Sorry." A helpless shrug accompanied the apology, and heralded an electric shock from his touch.

It was the cue the others needed to move into action: with Vlad distracted by Lex's sudden appearance, Jason was able to sneak in and cast a spell. "Ghenrtts Nadir," he said, letting the arcane energy cascade from his touch and pour through Vlad's body.

Something was wrong though, the American realized. Behind him, Martin led Jack and Otso into the fray... but something didn't feel right about the mental avatar of Vladislav Radikovich... It felt like he was somehow immune to Jason's spell...

Suddenly, it hit Jason: they were avatars of those he knew--representations of his subconscious feelings towards them all. Lex had been unwavering, Martin simple mewled about being a real boy, while Jack let people walk over him...

Why had Jason's mindscape rendered Vlad immune to his powers? Did he somehow see Vlad as being his superior? No, it couldn't have been that...

As Jason watched Martin lunge for Vlad, he understood: where Martin touched the other boy, melted metal dripped down. Martin was corroding the armor Vlad wore, but Vlad impossibly seemed as immune to Martin's attacks as he was Jason's spell.

Jason understood how he subconsciously must have perceived the Romanian teen: Vlad made everything difficult...

Michuru81 wrote:Tatjana: Will. (1d20+6=18) Tatjana is slowed.

Vlad, however, is immune. To everything, really. So, hero points to Jason and Martin, as they find their powers useless against Vlad.

Greystone's up, followed by Ursa.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5661
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Pekin, IL

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:27 am

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 10 (-1 for re-roll)


Seeing the gesture that Alex made towards his ears gave Jack the impression he meant to do something to make it difficult for the pseudo-Tat to do any kind of screaming. And then the other American sped off and hit the red head with one of his electric tricks which seemed to leave her weak in the knees and Jack wasted no time in following up with a straight-forward attack of his own; one fist upside her head.


OOC wrote:Jack's Melee Attack: (1d20+8=15), sigh...I'm not too wild about that total so drop an HP to re-roll it.
Jack's Re-rolled Melee Attack: (1d20+8=22) better at least.
That'll be a Toughness DC 23 for her.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Michuru81 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 am

JASON'S MIND: THE KEEP (Catalyst, Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Prodigy, Ursa; NPCs: Pseudo Tatjana, Pseudo Vlad)
Lex zipped into the room at high speed, stopping by Tatjana's side, and clasping a hand on her shoulder. She turned to him with an expression of alarm plastered over her face. "Sorry." A helpless shrug accompanied the apology, and heralded an electric shock from his touch.

Before she could react, Jack charged in. He swung his fist into her jaw. The girl staggered back from the blow--apparently in a state of shock, but still clinging to consciousness.

Pseudo Tatjana: Toughness. (1d20+6=10)

Assuming Jack's going for nonlethal, in which case... a slew of conditions.

Hero point to Jack, because threatening Tatjana is what won him the nickname Ripper--outright attacking her? Whether Lex says something or not, I imagine hitting Tatjana (real or not), can't be easy for Jack.

It is Ursa's turn in the surprise round.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5661
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Pekin, IL

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:58 am

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 11


As his fist hit the pseudo-Tat, Jack couldn't help but feel a twist in his stomach as the memories of the Blitz played through his mind; the first time he'd fought against the German girl he'd threatened her life to force the others to surrender.

And now here he was hitting her, no not her...it was just a figment of Jason's mind that looked just like her. But damn did his attention to details made it damn hard to remember this wasn't the real thing 'cause she was reacting just like Tat had when she'd taken a hit.

At least he wasn't sporting claws, that would have been worse. But seeing that the girl wasn't out of the fight Jack readied himself for her possible return attack as well as calling him by the name he'd earned himself by the end of the Blitz; Ripper.


OOC wrote:Yeah, I was thinking as much too Mich. But I wanted to wait and see how Psuedo-Tatjana saved against the attack before posting too much else.

And as for damage, I'll always state if an attack is lethal damage. Besides Jack is sporting enhanced strength and not claws so I figured that helps.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby McGuffin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Ursa
[Otso Karell]
HP: 11


Otso breathed deeply, moving a moment after the others. His eyes widened in surprise as he saw both Martin's and Jason's attacks do nothing. In that split-second he realized it was up to him, he'd have to do what it took to finish this quick.

He barreled into the presentation of his friend, wrapping his fur-covered arms around the Romanian's waist, lifting him off the floor in a crushing bear-hug. "I'm sorry."

All-out Attack 5 (1d20+11=28), Defense 11, Grapple to Pin (1d20+22=38), Crushing Pin for DC 25 Toughness.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Fluxx

Martin winced when he he saw Jack strike Tatjana, heard the meaty thud and crunching impact of the street thug's fist. His first instinct was to pound the man but forced himself back to the task at hand.

Vlad was tougher than he recalled, or perhaps the genius just imagined him so. No matter. They had to find some way.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9432
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Michuru81 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:50 pm

JASON'S MIND: THE KEEP (Catalyst, Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Prodigy, Ursa; NPCs: Pseudo Tatjana [Bruised, Stunned {Greystone}, and Staggered], Pseudo Vlad)
He grabbed him--he was sure of it!--but the instant he moved to put any pressure on Vlad and pin him, his form felt impossibly slick. Before Otso knew it, his hands were sliding right down Vlad's back--his arms slipped down his. Before he tripped and fell to Vlad's feet, Otso caught himself.

There was no mistaking it now: all three boys were aware that it was not just their own unique talents that Vlad was somehow immune to: he had resisted Jason's magic, Martin's powers, and Otso's strength and skill...

Martin, however, had other things weighing on his mind... Lex and Jack were attacking Tatjana, and despite everything that happened, he still had feelings for her. Try as he might to immerse himself in battling Vlad, there was no shutting out that other battle...

Michuru81 wrote:Hero point to Martin.

PT's Initiative (1d20+1=2)
PV's Initiative (1d20+1=14)

Initiative
    Current: 16
    Prodigy: 14
    Fluxx: 14 (delayed)
    Pseudo Vladislav: 14
    Greystone: 10
    Ursa: 9
    Pseudo Tatjana: 2

Round one; it's Current's move.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5661
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Pekin, IL

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Arkrite » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
.
HP: 5 (7 = Fatigue -1, Reroll -1) CND: Normal

Lex winced and cringed a little as Tat takes a shot to the jaw that sends her reeling backwards.

He really hated this.

But what options did they really have? It wasn't like they were loaded up with knockout gas or duct tape. At least Jack had the sense to not use his claws. And since he hadn't tried to grab hold of Tat, well, that meant Lex wasn't forced to sit this fight out just yet.

"Come on, just stay down, dammit," Alex mutters, making a failed grab at Tat's arm before zipping around to plant his hand on her back and shocking her again, "We don't want to hurt you."

OOC: Burn an HP to buy off fatigue.
Paralyse attack: 1d20+6=8
HP Reroll: 1d20+6=25 (rolled a 9, +10 for HP and rolling below 11)
DC20 Will save
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 10995
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:48 am

JASON'S MIND: THE KEEP (Catalyst, Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Prodigy, Ursa; NPCs: Pseudo Tatjana [Bruised, Stunned {Greystone}, and Staggered], Pseudo Vlad)
"Come on, just stay down, dammit," Lex muttered. "We don't want to hurt you."

"I don't want to get hurt!" Tatjana said, a hint of panic in her voice. "I just want to get away..."

"Typical Tatjana," her partner laughed. "Never could face her problems--always runs when things get bad..."

It hit Lex and Jack then: this was Jason's mind; it's denizens were how he subconsciously saw the people he knew... Must like how Lex had been stubborn and Jack had let people walk over him, was it possible that Tatjana wouldn't put up a fight? She had trouble facing reality--when life threw her lemons, she used them to garnish her alcoholic drinks.

Was it possible that Lex and Jack were fighting someone who wouldn't put up a fight? Who would run and hide at the first opportunity?

Will. (1d20+6=20)

Tatjana saves; Jason's up.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5661
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Pekin, IL

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:01 am

Jason Lamperouge/Prodigy

Jason gripped his totem so hard he feared it might snap, driving the thorns tighter into his skin. He had another plan in mind, but he couldn't make it work himself-which meant it wasn't a very good plan. He might suggest that Martin create a barrier of some sort to entrap to Vlad, but who was to say he wouldn't be able to just walk through it?

He tucked the totem away, considering his gun but ignoring the thought. It seemed unlikely that it would work. He was never without weapons, however-he had his brain. An important part of using a weapon properly was knowing when to use it, what to use it on. Defeating these two was not the goal. The goal was Danny, and the ousting of Eddy.

"Ok, new plan. Through the door. Martin, you'll have to seal it once we're through." Jason headed towards the door, trying to open it.

"Radikovich, I have to say, I'm surprised to see you here. As a knight, well, that's not surprising. But its not really like you to work for anyone else. So why Eddy? Why not set out on your own? Once I'm back in control-and I will be, do not doubt that-you can do whatever what you want."

Move action to go to the door and try to open it. Standard Action to use Distract (Bluff) on Vlad.
1d20+17=24. I feel like whenever there's a good chance Jason will roll really well, he rolls badly.
Hero Point to re-roll (should have 9 left) 1d20+17=22 See what I mean? HP adjusts that to a 32.
User avatar
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 15525
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:45 am

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:38 am

JASON'S MIND: THE KEEP (Catalyst, Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Prodigy, Ursa; NPCs: Pseudo Kirstie, Pseudo Tatjana [Bruised, Stunned {Greystone}, and Staggered], Pseudo Vlad)
"Ok, new plan," Jason said aside to Martin. "Through the door. Martin, you'll have to seal it once we're through."

There was still the chance Vlad would put up a fight--he liked to be difficult--but Jason prided himself on his ability to manipulate and misdirect.

"Radikovich, I have to say, I'm surprised to see you here," he said, circling the Romanian slowly, so as to draw focus off of Otso and Martin. "As a knight, well, that's not surprising... but its not really like you to work for anyone else. So why Eddy? Why not set out on your own?"

Jason glanced over Vlad's shoulder. By doing nothing, Lex and Jack ended their fight with Tatjana: she took off running for the entrance--where Jack the Doormat was. Free to join the others, Jason was the only invader left in the room with Vlad.

"Ah!" the avatar of the traitor said. "A civil discourse! I enjoy a good debate, Jason..."

Jason bolted for the door. "Once I'm back in control-and I will be, do not doubt that-you can do whatever what you want."

Once he was on the other side, Otso and Jack pushed the doors shut and Martin leapt to action--sealing off the egress. It would keep Vlad from following... and the young heroes from going back.

Jason hoped they had no reason to...

Hero point to everyone for me sort of comandeering the scene. I'll give everyone a chance to reply before fastforwarding.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC
Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5661
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Pekin, IL

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Arkrite » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Alex "Current" Murphy
.
HP: 6 CND: Normal

Lex stands by the door shaking his head before finally turning to Jack, "All in favor of never speaking of this again?"
User avatar
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 10995
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: The Frozen North

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 12


As he finished helping Otso hold the door closed while Martin sealed it shut, Jack shook his head up and down in response to Alex. “The less we ever talk about this mess the better.”
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
User avatar
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: The Lands of Ink

Re: NEW VINDICATORS #9: Check (IC)

Postby McGuffin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:48 pm

Ursa
[Otso Karell]
HP: 12


Otso gave in involuntary shudder. "Yes please." Once Martin was done he looked further into the fortress, his expression of dread and eagerness. "Come on, lets get this nightmare over with."
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?
User avatar
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon
 
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Finland

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arkrite, Google [Bot], Neo-Paladin, Sakuro, Shock, whiteprofit and 6 guests