NEW VINDICATORS (Full - OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: NEW VINDICATORS (Full - OOC)

Postby Arkrite » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:35 pm

There are civilized parts!? :shock:

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:39 pm

Yeah we even have places that don't have moose roaming the streets

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:56 pm

Sounds depressing ;~)

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:05 pm

'Soda' and 'pop' are regional things. Where I live in the US, most people say pop, but plenty of people say 'soda' elsewhere-my brother, who's lived around the country for a few years, has picked up 'soda' and mostly says it as an affectation.

I said 'sodapop' for a few months. Ain't nobody like that.

As far as

Aasi, Morso Ja Mouru

That's pretty scary. Right up there with that Sesame Street bit where the greyhounds have human hands. Terrifying.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Arkrite wrote:Sounds depressing ;~)

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:56 am

Arthur Eld wrote:'Soda' and 'pop' are regional things. Where I live in the US, most people say pop, but plenty of people say 'soda' elsewhere-my brother, who's lived around the country for a few years, has picked up 'soda' and mostly says it as an affectation.

Way down south where my wife is from, they say 'coke'. Even if it's Pepsi or something else. Drives me nuts.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:28 am

Arthur Eld wrote:'Soda' and 'pop' are regional things. Where I live in the US, most people say pop, but plenty of people say 'soda' elsewhere-my brother, who's lived around the country for a few years, has picked up 'soda' and mostly says it as an affectation.

It seems like most east-coasters I know use "pop". Illinois is either "soda" or "sodie". Down south, everything is "Coke". Pepsi? That's a Coke. Sprite? That's a Coke.

EDIT: Just realized Shock already covered this. Ignore me. :)

Arthur Eld wrote:As far as

Aasi, Morso Ja Mouru

That's pretty scary. Right up there with that Sesame Street bit where the greyhounds have human hands. Terrifying.

[nods] It is the stuff of nightmares.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:51 am

Michuru81 wrote:It seems like most east-coasters I know use "pop". Illinois is either "soda" or "sodie". Down south, everything is "Coke". Pepsi? That's a Coke. Sprite? That's a Coke.

Here's a funny bit I picked up from my time in South Carolina, back when I was at Paris Island; they say soda down there, but where I come from (Ohio) they use pop and 9 outta 10 times I'll follow my home state's habit EXCEPT when I go into a bar and order a mixed whiskey - I order Jack & Soda.

Weird right?
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:22 am

I don't think I've heard anybody call it soda out where I live. Just generally called Pop up here.

Also: Looks like we're going to get that Immovable Object vs. Unstoppable Force fight.
Not really going to feel to sorry for this Bulwark when he gets his silly hat handed to him, either.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:41 am

Ain't that the truth. I wrote up a post yesterday but when I went to submit it my computer hiccupped and the post was lost.

~sigh~

one of the rare times I didn't write up my post on a writing doc, so of course that happens.

As for Bulwark there isn't too much that Jack could do to him physically, that' leaves it more on Kas' shoulders at this point.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:44 am

Seems Bulwark hates Gabriel in more than one dimension eh? Watch your spleens guys.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 am

Le sigh. I was perfectly willing to let this just go on and on as a headache inducing scene for Kas and then Bulwark had to attack a helpless prisoner.

Now Kas is going to get himself all crushed because there is no way he can ignore that. I'm really unsure if Kas can actually defeat Bulwark...but I guess we're gonna find out.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:58 am

In theory a straight up fight against Bulwark might not end well.

Of course just floating him up in the air and watching him have a freak out when he can't move would be fun.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:28 am

Arkrite wrote:In theory a straight up fight against Bulwark might not end well.

Of course just floating him up in the air and watching him have a freak out when he can't move would be fun.

Here's the problem...Bulwark should weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of 12,500lbs figuring in his growth and density. His carrying/lifting strength is 59 (or let's just round it up to 60 for simplicity's sake), which gives him a heavy load of 50 tons. Kas can add 3 tons to his current encumbrance, making his weight 18,500lbs...which isn't enough to pin him or subtract a like amount from his weight, which isn't enough to reduce his weight to a negative number, thus applying anti-gravity to him.

Without stunting, Kas can't actually beat Bulwark using standard Gravity Control. Of course since almost every encounter Kas has ever been in has required him to stunt to overcome his opponent, I'm already working on an appropriate power stunt for this situation.

I have to say though, fighting Bulwark was waaaaay down on the list of "things I wanted my character to do", but Bulwark's actions made it so Kas either had to take him on or completely break character. I'm willing to bend character, but not to the degree this would require...

...thus, le sigh, here we go.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:48 am

And the instant Kas leaves the ground Bulwark is pretty much screwed, as he won't be able to see you, and his ranged attack is terrible.
Not that Kas would know that, but still.

Return to “M&M Game Room”