St. Louis Blues (IC) Ep.3: Magic Moments

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: St. Louis Blues (IC) Ep.3: Magic Moments

Postby flynnarrel » Sat May 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Magna

As soon as she gets confirmation the metal chain harness around her body comes to life, writhing and shuddering a moment before snapping to her body and lifting her into the air. She shoots out the window.

"Destroy the rightmost symbol, the curvy 'X'." Magna shouts to her companions.

She turns to see the golem smash into Phantom and scowls.

It's just clay. It's not alive. Maggie reassures herself before picking her weapon. The choice was simple. The Stop sign was inconceivable to remove for fear of ensuing accident, the speed limit sign was required by law so the last metal sign in the area ripped from it's post at her command.

The corners folded down until it became a pyramid which began spinning by it's base heading strait for the curvy 'X' sigil, it's deadly, burrowing speed seeking to eradicate the 'Ah'.

Blast, Extras: Autofire, Feats: Accurate, Indirect 3, Precise2, Subtle, Split Attack 1, Drawback: Requires environmental metal, pr10

Using a drill description as justification for autofire, two levels of Precise let me get around Phantom in Melee combat and hopefully still lower the chance to hit specific sigil. Accurate attack +4/-4, using aggressive stance for another +2.

Attack with Slow Children (1d20+8+4+2=30)

DC21 +1 for each two over the target number.

JeminiZero
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JeminiZero » Sat May 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Phantom

Seeing the golem charging at thim, the Phantom raises both arms in front of him, in a defensive cross posture. The Golem impacts with a loud metallic clang, with momentum that carries the pair back a few more feet, but otherwise leaves the Phantom standing.

Unfortunately, this revised Phantom has zero Immovable.

Phantom Toughness: (1d20+11)[25]

Another Bruised.

Status
Condition: Bruised x2
HP 2

9thDoctor
Superhero
Superhero

Postby 9thDoctor » Sun May 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Streetside Scuffle
The deformed traffic sign flies towards the Golem, barely missing the Phantom as it zips past his head. Then it strikes true, hitting the x-shaped rune in the middle and drilling itself into the clay.
Then suddenly a shiver goes through the Golem as it stops its movement towards the Phantom. Immediately it turns around and goes where it came from. That means apparently to go straight southwest...through all obstacles.

Awesome:
Flying high, you see the golem leaving your "teammates" and walking in a straight line towards the southwest.
St.Louis Blues - GM
X-Freshmen - GM (on Hold)

La Rana - New FORCE Ops (on Hold)
CeeCee - Wild Cards (on Hold)

My Roll Call - The Doctor's Original Builds
The Doctor's Conversions

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Sun May 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Anything in the golems new path?
    Insert witty comment here.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Sun May 22, 2011 8:11 pm

The Canadian Shield
HP:1 CND: Bruised, Wet

Harry looks back before heading to follow Magna, "Thanks for your help, officer. Hopefully I can return the favor some day."

He gives the officer a quick salute then chases after Magna. He huffed as he ran, still trying to work off the disorientation from his recent head blow. He was getting to old for this.

He watched as the golem turned suddenly from where it had been attacking Phantom and started heading back the way it came. Obviously the attack hadn't stopped it, but it had suddenly changed it's priorities. Going home for repairs?

"Magna, Coldfront, I need eyes ahead, make sure there's no civilians in it's path," He called, "If it's clear we might be able to follow it back where it came from. If not come back and hit it hard!"

"Phantom, stick with me, we might need to take this down in a hurry and I'll need your help. I can't do it by myself."

He glanced around, "Where's Awesome?"

OOC: Can't think of anything to do with my round so I'll just move into position to follow him

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Mon May 23, 2011 9:38 am

Coldfront
HP: 2

Crystal watched as Magna's weapon hit the golem square in the forehead. Then it started to retreat. She couldn't figure out why, since Awesome had hit it that hard at least twice for no effect, but she wasn't about to complain.

The Shield wrote:"Where's Awesome?"

"He went to find a fire truck to attach to the hydrant. He should be back soon." Crystal called back just before she took off to keep the golem's path clear. When she was a decent way in front of it, she swooped low and yelled to anyone nearby.

"Get off the street! It's not safe! Go inside and stay out of sight!"

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue May 24, 2011 9:51 am

Magna

Not seeing the earlier battle Magna shouts to Coldfront, "Can you ice over the street? Try to knock it down with wind? Something?"

Magna flies higher looking for something to implement her plan. Ever picked up a bug? You find a leaf or something and put it in it's path. Don't make an obstacle it has to go around, but something it can just step on to, then pick up the makeshift ramp.

She looks for something metallic, long and flat that could likely support the weight of the golem.

9thDoctor
Superhero
Superhero

Postby 9thDoctor » Tue May 24, 2011 11:17 am

Grrr, flynnarrel got ahead of me!

An unstoppable force?

As the golem turned, he stops for a few moments before starting down and across the street. He walks at a slow, but determined pace.
As he reached a parked car that is in his path, he bashes it away, the vehicle crashing into the side of City Hall. The Golem meanwhile walks across the lawn next to city hall.
It is obvious that he won't stop for obstacles...and a big one is soon coming up, the St. Louis Police Departement...or to be exact, the wing containing the Police Academy.
As Coldfront flies a bit ahead to warn off civilians, she comes across a group of policemen cordoning off the former battle scene. Warned by the icy heroine, they radio ahead and get the wing cleared.

But that is only a small moment of relief. While a damaged building can be repaired, there are some problems ahead. Everyone of you know that a bit behind the PD comes a Highway and next to it a railway hub. Places where major collateral damage is bound to happen.

Okay, as Awesome swoops down i rule that everyone is at least in shouting range.

Magna: There's an abundance of metal in the area. Streetlamps, signs, a bus stop and the radio towerr on top the PD at least, but no flat surface of metal.
St.Louis Blues - GM

The Doctor's Conversions

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue May 24, 2011 12:10 pm

The Canadian Shield
HP:1 CND: Bruised

"Blast it all," Harry muttered as the clay statue smashed the car that was in it's way. So much for it simply wandering home, it was going to cut a swath of destruction to make it' way back to where ever it was going.

These things never went easy.

"Plan A is a bust!" Harry bellowed, "Coldfront, freeze it solid, Magna wrap it in metal..."

He looked over and saw Awesome. Thank heaven for the little things, "Awesome, when they get it tied up you fly it out of the city. Dump it in the river and have Coldfront freeze it solid, what ever, just don't let it fall in the city!"

He glances over at Phantom, "Guess we're back to distraction duty. Slow it down as best you can."

He hefted his shield up and charged back at the Gollem, hoping to crash into the back of it's leg and knock it down momentarily.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue May 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Coldfront

"I knocked it down. It got back up. Awesome hit it pretty hard and it did nothing."
Crystal looked at Magna and shrugged. "We had a plan?" She took to the air again, preparing to try to freeze it again. She yelled down to the Shield.
"Don't we want to know where it's going?"

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Tue May 24, 2011 1:43 pm

The Canadian Shield
HP:1 CND: Bruised

"At what cost?" Harry yells back, "It's going to punch and smash anything and anybody who gets in it's way. I don't want to risk civilians and police getting hurt. We don't even know if it's going to lead us anywhere useful."

"I think it's too risky, but if you got a better idea..."

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue May 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Coldfront

Crystal knew that the Shield was right. But she also wanted to know who had sent the thing in the first place. "I could box it up but I don't think it would hold long enough." While she talked, Crystal swooped to the monster's right side and sent another freeze ray at it.

Freeze ray (1d20 + 10=13) Reflex DC 18 if that hits.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue May 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Magna

The magnetic heroine frowns. Nothing suitable nearby. And soon it would be to (and likely through) the Police building, then the freeway, then... the train yard!

She flies to the railway hub in search of an empty, maybe abandoned rail car and/or metallic shipping container.

9thDoctor
Superhero
Superhero

Postby 9thDoctor » Tue May 24, 2011 4:59 pm

An unstoppable force?

Coldfront, I am sorry to say that your Freeze misses.
flynnarrel, if I read your build correctly, your TK AP of your magnetic control has rank 10. That gives you a Strength of 50 to lift, which can lift a streetcar. But a railcar is much heavier. I guess you need more muscle.

Coldfront shoots a ray of pure cold, but it doesn't hit the golem. It hit a parked BMW though, turning it into a large icecube.
Magna flies ahead towards the train yard, where she finds an empty rail car without any problem. Alas, it is too heavy for her powers.
St.Louis Blues - GM

The Doctor's Conversions

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Tue May 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Awesome
HP 2 (i spent on reroll)

Stuart sighed nothing that required a wider search was a viable weapon, he swept low tackling the golem in the back

All out attack 5 1d20+11=12 reroll 1d20+11=12 :shock: 22 thanks to the hero point DC 27 toughness followed by a grab 1d20+26=31 GODDAMN you invisable castle why have you forsaken me and i don't think i can spend a second on a reroll

Well if i pass i'm going to fly off with the golem and drop it in the river.

This has taken 4 attempts to post
    Insert witty comment here.

Return to “M&M Game Room”