St. Louis Blues (IC) Ep.3: Magic Moments

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: St. Louis Blues (IC) Ep.3: Magic Moments

Postby flynnarrel » Mon May 09, 2011 9:00 am

Magna

Magna's metallic harness tugs against her body, spinning her out of the wave of compressed air. Her ion field rings as the force washes over it.

EDIT:

Changing action:

Seeing the Shield fall to the shockwave Magna blanches. Reaching out with her mind she takes hold of any metal on Harry's body including the attached artifact and lifts him out of the path of the rampaging golem. She sends him in through the open conference rom window and follows after him.
Last edited by flynnarrel on Mon May 09, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon May 09, 2011 11:43 am

The Canadian Shield
HP:0 CND: Bruised, unconcious

As nimble and evasive as he was the Gollum couldn't touch him. Sadly he wasn't as lucky with the shockwave.

The shockwave picked Harry up clean off the ground and hurled him headfirst into the brick wall of the nearby coffee shop with a sickening crack. He hit the ground hard, not moving.

OOC:
Ref vs DC20: 1d20+4=19
Failure
Toughness Save vs DC 25: 1d20+6=7
Failed by 18, Harry's unconcious.
Int Check: 1d20=7

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Mon May 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Reflex 1d20+1=12
Toughness 1d20+12=17 HP reroll 1d20+12=23 bruised
Int check 1d20=7

Awesome
HP 2 (1 spent on reroll)

" I'll hold this guy, some get shield out of here." Awesome yelled luaching a series of punches trying to find a opening to grab the golem

All out attack 5 1d20+11=19 If it hits DC 27 toughness and a grapple 1d20+27=35 i just noticed my grapple is one lower so only 34.

extra effort
All out attack 5 1d20+11=31 DC 32 toughness and a grapple 1d20+26=29

Insert witty comment here.

JeminiZero
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JeminiZero » Mon May 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Phantom Reflex: (1d20+0)[6]
Phantom Toughness: (1d20+12)[18]

Dang it dice, why are you doing this to me.

Phantom Int Check: (1d20+0)[17]

Before I burn a HP to reroll the Toughness, does the stun prevent Phantom from shouting out whatever insight he gained from the surprisingly high Int roll.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Mon May 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Coldfront
HP: 1 left

Crystal somehow anticipated the shock-wave a split second before it hit her but it still took a concentrated surge of air around her to keep from getting knocked silly. The burst spun her around but she managed to recover unhurt.

Reflex save (1d20 + 7=27)
Toughness save (1d20 + 5=7) Uch
Toughness save HP reroll (1d20 + 5=25)
Intelligence check (1d20 + 2=11)

I'll wait on the results of the Int check and Awesome's action before putting mine up

9thDoctor
Superhero
Superhero

Postby 9thDoctor » Mon May 09, 2011 6:21 pm

From Core book pg 171:
Stunned: The character loses any dodge bonus to Defense, takes a -2 modifier to defense, and cannot take actions other than reactions.

Since Speech is a free action rather than a reaction, nope...no speaking while stunned.

Too bad Arkrite...I hate what IC did to you...at least here. Officially I have to love IC, since it awarded me 2 crits in a row over in the New Freedom League game.

Magna, you transport Shield inside...no problem. Inside the room, only Chief Goetz is remaining, watching the havoc outside.
Aweso
St.Louis Blues - GM
X-Freshmen - GM (on Hold)

La Rana - New FORCE Ops (on Hold)
CeeCee - Wild Cards (on Hold)

My Roll Call - The Doctor's Original Builds
The Doctor's Conversions

JeminiZero
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JeminiZero » Tue May 10, 2011 3:23 am

9thDoctor wrote:
From Core book pg 171:
Stunned: The character loses any dodge bonus to Defense, takes a -2 modifier to defense, and cannot take actions other than reactions.

Since Speech is a free action rather than a reaction, nope...no speaking while stunned.

OOC: However the thing to note is whether Phantom is stunned before or after his insight. Remember that he chucked the boomerang on his turn, so any insight from that attack should probably be available before his turn ends. So he can shout it out before getting stunned.

JeminiZero
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JeminiZero » Wed May 11, 2011 4:57 am

Phantom

Observing the leftover marks from Awesomes fist and the fresh dents from his boomerang. The Phantom wonders if that clay body had some secret weakness... "TRY WATER ATTACKS!" He shouts before being engulfed by the shockwave.

Status
Condition: Bruised, Stunned
HP 1

9thDoctor
Superhero
Superhero

Postby 9thDoctor » Thu May 12, 2011 7:13 pm

Sorry, my last post got cut short by Boz...

Awesome, your attack hits, his countergrapple 1d20+26 =36. I guess the clay is too slick.

While Awesome barrels into the clay humanoid, he again leaves some dents. The golem even staggers for a bit before regaining its posture, as Awesome's hands couldn't hold the slick clay structure.

Meanwhile Magna flew the Canadian Shield into the city hall, where Chief Goetz bolts from his chair.

"What happened? What is this thing? Do you need help?"
St.Louis Blues - GM

The Doctor's Conversions

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu May 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Coldfront
HP: 1
Uninjured

Crystal wondered where they'd get water. It was too cold for her ice to turn into water. The Shield was already down and Magna had pulled him away. She sent a heavy blast of air at the golem and looked around for a fire hydrant.

If she does see a hydrant, she'll point at it and yell.
Switching Air Array to Forcefield 5, Flight 1, Air Control 7.
Using Air Control to try to trip the golem. he has to resist with Dexterity and it auto-hits.

Trip check (1d20 + 7=20) He has to beat that or fall down and take Knockback rank 7.

Current Defense 19. Toughness 5.

9thDoctor
Superhero
Superhero

Postby 9thDoctor » Tue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Streetside Scuffle

Sorry, some county construction crew tore up the street and cut the phone lines for no apparent reason.I won't roll for the trip...as he can't beat it even with a nat 20.

As the concentrated air hit the golem, he/it slipped on the frosty street that Coldfront's last balst only had cooled even more, falling on his back and sliding about 100 feet down the road, where he/it is stopped by a delivery van.
Having come to a halt, the clay figure is clearly struggling to get back on its feet.

Golem needs a full round to stand up, Magna's turn.
Coldfront, you see a hydrant, about 100 yards up the road, opposite the direction you just blew the golem in.
St.Louis Blues - GM

The Doctor's Conversions

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue May 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Magna

Magna is at Shield's side, already her meager medical knowledge is at work, checking breathing, pupils, etc.

You have him now, just take the bloody shield, if all these people want it so bad you can sell or barter it for more power. That'd be sweet. No one could stop you. Slit his throat while you're at it. Ooh, there are staplers over there, you could...

With a shake of her head she clears hair from her eyes. Assuring herself there's no lasting damage, she grabs one of the pitcher's of ice water from a nearby table and up-ends it over the Canadian hero.

IIRC, it's a full-round-action DC 15 Medicine check to revive someone from unconciousness.
Medicine (1d20+2=11) hp reroll
Medicine (1d20+2=12) +10 is 22
Remove Unconscious condition from Shield. (even with -4 from lack of proper tools, which I just thought of now)

"Oh, Nadia," she says as she waits to see if the old hero comes around, "There's a clay creature down there, animated by magic sigils, Shield said you might be able to help um... maybe by... 'eating' him?"

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Wed May 18, 2011 11:44 am

The Canadian Shield
HP:0 CND: Bruised, Wet

The sharp aching in his head spoke of a serious blow to the head, but the ache from his shoulder was harder to place. It almost felt like somebody had pulled it out of socket, but that could have been a gunwound too. It was the water in the face that confused him.

Water. River? Rain? Where was he?

The trenches? Shell must have gone off next to him. Must have been it. Who was in charge again? Simmons? Redfield? No, they'd died, must have been him. He poped an eye open and watched as the world swam around him.

"Report," He weezed as he sat up and tried to get his feet under him.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed May 18, 2011 12:19 pm

Magna

"You were knocked for a loop by the clay statue." Magna says. "We're in a meeting room overlooking the street where Awesome, Phantom, and Coldfront are still fighting it. Phantom said somethig about fighting it with water, and I just checked with Nadia to see what she might be able to do to help us." Magna looks to the diminutive aquawoman.

9thDoctor
Superhero
Superhero

Postby 9thDoctor » Wed May 18, 2011 12:35 pm

Nadia the Naiad

"Water, eh?....Sorry, I don't really have any powers outside of my little area of influence, though I am quite powerful there. After all, i control almost a square meter of the Missouri bank."
She nods vigorously.
"But I can't return there without permission of Rivvy, so all that I have left is the water portal. I don't know if that helps anything."
St.Louis Blues - GM

The Doctor's Conversions

Return to “M&M Game Room”