Project Freedom [IC] 23: Oddities

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Project Freedom [IC] 23: Oddities

Postby Davies » Sun May 08, 2011 3:19 pm

Charlie wrote:“Yes Ma’am.” She pointed a finger at Trouble, “That’s Ladybug. We’re friends.”

"Oh, yes," Wainwright says. "Her. Yes, I remember her, now." She sounds just a bit concerned.

“Good luck at your appointment. If you need me, give me a yell.” She glanced back to Ladybug and gave her a loud whistle, a smile, and a wave to get her attention before she looked back to Wainwright for a reply.

"Thank you, I think I have just a little time to stick around and --" She breaks off. Trouble has spotted you and stepped out of line, walking gracefully towards you.

"Hello, Charlie," she says in her quiet, soft voice. "Are you well?" The question comes after a pause, as though she wasn't quite sure what to say. It's hard to read her features, but she seems just a bit uncomfortable.

Zane wrote:"Buzz me when you're ready, I'll be in my room."

"Sure thing," he says without looking up.

He buzzes you just as you're about halfway up the stairs to the second floor.

When you get back to the reception area, he's folded up the paper and moved aside so that Mona can wheel her way behind the desk.

Robin wrote:"OK. How about Timothy's Bistro in an hour? I'll buy."

"Very well, that seems doable. Thank you for taking me in your care, Robin. I look forward to seeing you shortly. Until then." She hangs up after listening to your pleasantries.
"You are a crazy, manipulative sociopath with no regard for the feelings of others."
"Remember that if you ever get it into your head to hurt her."
-- from Josh & Imp

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Project Freedom [IC] 21: Order in the Court

Postby Arkrite » Sun May 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Fredrick Astrovik Zane: Dr Sane
HP: 1 LP: 1 CND: Normal

"I see that the politician has been a terrible influence over the staff," Zane mutters to himself as he makes his way back down to the main area.

Upont seeing Mona his annoyances are temporarily forgotten. He glances at her and the wheelchair, and then pauses for a few moments as if he's waiting for her to say something before turning his attention back to Mr Keller.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Sun May 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Robin / Songbird

"OK, see you then." She had an hour but Robin rushed back inside to change into something nicer than he torn jeans and undersized shirt she currently had on. Twenty minutes later, she was in an unripped pair of jeans and a casual blouse. She jumped in the car, stopped to buy some new makeup and then went on to the restaurant.

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Sun May 08, 2011 5:31 pm

Charlie: Strong Girl
HP: 1 Condition: Good

Wainwright wrote:"Oh, yes," Wainwright says. "Her. Yes, I remember her, now."

Charlie raised an eyebrow at the strange way that Ms. Wainwright had said that as if Trouble had at one point spat in her cup of coffee.

Wainwright wrote:"Thank you, I think I have just a little time to stick around and --" She breaks off. Trouble has spotted you and stepped out of line, walking gracefully towards you.

Charlie looked back to Wainwright, “Yeah, hang out for a minute and say hi. Trouble’s a sweet girl.”

Trouble wrote:"Hello, Charlie," she says in her quiet, soft voice. "Are you well?"

She smiled and nodded, “I’m pretty good Ladybug, I was hoping it was you.” Her smile got a little wider. “Ms. Wainwright drove me over to make sure that I wasn’t being set up for an ambush or something.” Charlie laughed and looked back to Wainwright and then to Trouble.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Davies » Mon May 09, 2011 11:08 am

Charlie wrote:“I’m pretty good Ladybug, I was hoping it was you.” Her smile got a little wider. “Ms. Wainwright drove me over to make sure that I wasn’t being set up for an ambush or something.” Charlie laughed and looked back to Wainwright and then to Trouble.

"Good thinking," Trouble says, nodding once.

"So is it?" Wainwright asks, bluntly.

"No. If it were an ambush, I'd have indicated to the concealed snipers that they were blown by now," Trouble answers in that same quiet, even tone.

Wainwright looks at her, coughs, then looks at Charlie. "Right. I'll pick you up in about two hours. Try not to get into ... any disturbances," she says, after realizing what she was about to say. She rolls up the window and pulls out of the parking space, driving up the road.

Zane wrote:Upont seeing Mona his annoyances are temporarily forgotten. He glances at her and the wheelchair, and then pauses for a few moments as if he's waiting for her to say something before turning his attention back to Mr Keller.

"Good morning," Mona says politely as she takes up her station.

Keller indicates the door into the project with a thumb.
"You are a crazy, manipulative sociopath with no regard for the feelings of others."
-- from Josh & Imp

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon May 09, 2011 11:37 am

"Good morning," Zane nods to Mona as he makes his way out of the building.

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Mon May 09, 2011 11:56 am

Wainwright wrote:"Right. I'll pick you up in about two hours. Try not to get into ... any disturbances,"

“I’ll try my best.” Charlie responded and gave her a wave goodbye as the van pulled off. She smiled and looked back to Trouble. “It’s so awesome to see you.” Her hands were in her pockets as she started walking to the line leading into the theater. “Out tickets are already reserved. How have you been Ladybug?”

Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Davies » Mon May 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Charlie wrote:“It’s so awesome to see you.” Her hands were in her pockets as she started walking to the line leading into the theater. “Out tickets are already reserved. How have you been Ladybug?”

"I've been well, thank you," she answers. "I ... can't tell you anything about what I have been doing, Charlie. It's all secrets." She looks away. "I don't want to lie to you again."
-- from Josh & Imp

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Mon May 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Trouble wrote:"I've been well, thank you," she answers. "I ... can't tell you anything about what I have been doing, Charlie. It's all secrets." She looks away. "I don't want to lie to you again."

Charlie looked down at the younger woman with a smile as they waited in line. "I'm not gonna ask you to tell me any secrets. Those are yours."

She shrugged and looked down the line leading to the ticket booth. "I just hope that you've been having fun doing all these secret things." She rolled a sleeve up that kept creeping down. "Mona said that I'd probably like this play. Have you ever seen it before?"

Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Davies » Mon May 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Charlie wrote: "I just hope that you've been having fun doing all these secret things."

She bites her lip.

"Mona said that I'd probably like this play. Have you ever seen it before?"

"No," Trouble answers, shaking her head. "One of my ... friends, the one who read me the letter that you sent, said it was funny, though. I thought ... it would be nice to see something funny."

You're almost up to the ticket window.
-- from Josh & Imp

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Mon May 09, 2011 6:26 pm

"I've never seen a funny play." Charlie replied as she smiled while watching Trouble bite her lip, that might just turn into a habit if she didn't put a stop to it soon. "Of course I've only seen three plays." She shrugged. "Les Mis was my favorite."

As they finally reached the window Charlie gave them her name and said they'd already reserved their tickets.

Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Davies » Tue May 10, 2011 1:16 pm

Charlie wrote:As they finally reached the window Charlie gave them her name and said they'd already reserved their tickets.

"Yes, here you are," says the man in a vest and white shirt. He hands you a pair of tickets, and tells you to enjoy the show.

Proceeding in to the building, you see that there's a small foyer with a pair of doors on one side, and a bar on the other. On the walls are photographs of various plays that have been done here in the past. The doors are open, leading into the theatre proper.

Trouble looks around. "This isn't much like that other theatre, is it?" she asks.
-- from Josh & Imp

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Tue May 10, 2011 2:49 pm

Ladybug wrote:"This isn't much like that other theatre, is it?" she asks

“Completely different,” Charlie replied, “It’s inside, we actually had the money to pay for a ticket, it doesn’t smell like horse and I don’t think we’ll be sitting on benches.” She laughed. “I like it though. There was something charming and fun about it.”

She laughed a little louder, “and I’m pretty sure that nobodies gonna try to knife me in an alley after this one.” She shook her head, “Of course with my luck you can never really tell.”

Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Davies » Wed May 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Charlie wrote:“and I’m pretty sure that nobodies gonna try to knife me in an alley after this one.” She shook her head, “Of course with my luck you can never really tell.”

"Yes, that's true," Trouble says, nodding soberly, and you get the distinct impression that she's not joking and didn't get your joke. "I ... heard that you fought that person again, when she came here. I'm glad you're okay."

Zane:

You get to the van, and Keller slides open the side door for you to enter, then slides it shut behind you when you do. Then he heads up to the front seat and gets in. "Seat belt," he says, not looking back at you.
-- from Josh & Imp

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Wed May 11, 2011 1:26 pm

He climbed into the back of the van, sat down in his usual seat and buckled himself in. There was no reason why he couldn't sit in the front for this ride, but he wasn't about to argue with Keller.

Keller wrote:"Seat belt," he says, not looking back at you.

... Even if Keller thought he was a four year old.

"Already engaged," Zane replies before closing his eyes and bowing his head forward.

Maybe he was taking Savant lessons. A disturbing thought.

He considered checking on Changeling, but it was probably a bad idea. Heaven only knew what she was up to. The same went for Lenore, though for other reasons. Rachel was busy, Charlie was busy and cranky. Zalman was probably doing magic, which made his teeth ache during a mental connection. And he wasn't interested in talking to Donnie or Robin.

He made a note to find some new peers with which to spend his time.

Return to “M&M Game Room”