M&M Game Room Guidelines ***Please Read!***

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Gerald22
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Gerald22 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:17 am

Are the games diceless or is an online dice roller used?

smashed247
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby smashed247 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:53 am

That's up to the individual GM. Most seem to use Invisible Castle though.
"...Then he comes at me with the teapot and he asks, 'Why so British?'" ~Bakura, Yu-gi-oh the abridged series

Dr Archeville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Dr Archeville » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:11 am

What's used when Invisible Castle is down (as it has been all weekend)?
Come join us at http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/index.php ! (current status: site and chat stable, Wiki pending)

Ooogooman
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Ooogooman » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:26 pm

This site has a crude but serviceable roller.

madquest8
Henchman
Henchman

Postby madquest8 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Give us some spolier tags! :)

Go on! :)

Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

What rules

Postby Mr.United » Sun May 17, 2009 5:35 pm

Hey, tried to post in game and apparently there are rules one must follow but I am looking and not seeing the steps to take to join a game? Anyone have the site or something (PS, doing this from work, some sites blocked.)

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Sun May 17, 2009 5:48 pm

Well, generally speaking, all the games work off the Mutants and Masterminds 2nd edition rules.

But if you want to play in a game on the boards you have to wait for a new game to start, or for a position to open up on an existing game.

Generally anybody wanting to run a game will have a "open audition" of sorts where anybody who wants to play can post their character. The GM then decides which characters he wants in the game and the game starts from there.

It's not exactly a freeform system where people can randomly join or leave, as it would cause way to much confusion. Especally during combat situations.

Generally if you have questions about a game you can post to their OOC (which stands for Out Of Character) thread without worry of offending anybody, but unless they're openly asking for new players in their Subject line they generally arn't looking for new players.

Usually a new game starts up every week or two so just keep an eye open, or look through the posts for a "recruiting players" subject.

Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mr.United » Sun May 17, 2009 5:57 pm

Arkrite wrote:Well, generally speaking, all the games work off the Mutants and Masterminds 2nd edition rules.

But if you want to play in a game on the boards you have to wait for a new game to start, or for a position to open up on an existing game.

Generally anybody wanting to run a game will have a "open audition" of sorts where anybody who wants to play can post their character. The GM then decides which characters he wants in the game and the game starts from there.

It's not exactly a freeform system where people can randomly join or leave, as it would cause way to much confusion. Especally during combat situations.

Generally if you have questions about a game you can post to their OOC (which stands for Out Of Character) thread without worry of offending anybody, but unless they're openly asking for new players in their Subject line they generally arn't looking for new players.

Usually a new game starts up every week or two so just keep an eye open, or look through the posts for a "recruiting players" subject.

Thank you very much. I was wondering why I got this email like I just shot someone's mother LOL, but thanks for the info....MUCH needed specially for a newbie like myself.....NOt to RPing Online or RPing in general, just to this site.

Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mr.United » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:16 pm

test

Dark Thoughts
Groupie
Groupie

Re: M&M Game Room Guidelines ***Please Read!***

Postby Dark Thoughts » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:51 am

I've never played in a PBP game but I've been reading over a few of the adventures/campaigns posted here.

Most of the games seem to be reading a lot into the character's mind. I find this strange since you don't normally know what the character is thinking until the player says something in game.

What I am hoping to find is a game where the rules are more clearly detailed so I can read over the GM/Player interactions and hopefully gain a better understanding of the rules through examples of play.

Can any of you recommend a thread that might suit my needs?

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:03 am

Well that’s pretty much how Play by post games are played, it’s mostly collaborative story telling so you do become privy to other characters thoughts and you just have to remember that player knowledge isn’t character knowledge.

If you’re just looking for examples of mechanical play then maybe you can find some fights over in the Roll Call section, a lot of the builders like to pit their creations against one another.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

Dark Thoughts
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Dark Thoughts » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:05 am

Okay, thanks. I will read through the roll call section as suggested. :)

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby kirinke » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:57 pm

With all of the 3E games going on in the game room, are they just playtesting and if so, can you get a beta version of the 3E anywhere? (That can be legally obtained of course.)

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:04 pm

The DC Adventures Hero's Handbook uses the M&M 3rd Edition rules.

That's how everybody's been getting access to the 3rd Ed rules before the M&M 3rd ed book has been released.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby kirinke » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:52 am

Lol. Sneaky!

Return to “M&M Game Room”