Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

M&M Game Room Guidelines ***Please Read!***

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: M&M Game Room Guidelines ***Please Read!***

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Aerlock wrote:
patrikparson wrote:spam

I call spammer!

- Aerlock

...report spam, don't promote it by quoting it.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:26 pm

:lol: @Cold Steel - nice!

In regard to Lord Fell, I agree with his overall point, but it can be handled fairly easily by posting that the build is inappropriate. As long as we remember we're all here to have fun :wink:
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:41 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:
roguescribner wrote:Yeah, I took a chance on someone in my last game that only had a few posts and that player ended up disappearing after one or two IC posts. It sucks, but there's precedent for being wary of new members.

And, unlike work experience, any experience counts, so you're not necessarily stuck in the situation of needing to be in a game to get in a game. Your best bet is to have posted characters on the Roll Call forum (you can always post an initial draft and then ask for help) which will show a bit of your writing and technical abilities but next best is posting in the General forums, thereby showing interest in the board and in the system.

This :wink:
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:12 am

Users browsing this forum: Lord Fell and 17 guests

Who the hell are all you people, and what do you want???
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:55 pm

This is a huge peeve of mine, and I think this is the thread for it...
Unnecessary Quoting

If you are replying to someone's post, it is occasionally good to quote some of the post you are replying to so that people don't have to scroll back to see what you're replying to. If you are replying to the post in general, but not any one specific part of the post, how much of the post you choose to quote should probably depend on how recent the post you are replying to is.

For example, if I'm replying to a post from a couple of pages or more ago, I might quote a whole paragraph to give my post context. If the post is more recent, I'm going to quote a whole lot less, like if it's on the same page, I'm not going to quote more than a sentence.

If the post I'm replying to is the immediately preceding post, I'm not going to quote any of it, because the whole damn post is right there.

Thank you.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi, I'm new to the boards here. I'm hoping that I can use this site to play my first M&M game, and I was wondering how I could tell if any of the games on this site were available for application or 'hiring' a mage character. Just so you know, I only have the 2e ruleset, so, I can't really play 3e.Thanks!
Carpe Diem,
kenmadragon
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:40 am

kenmadragon wrote:Hi, I'm new to the boards here. I'm hoping that I can use this site to play my first M&M game, and I was wondering how I could tell if any of the games on this site were available for application or 'hiring' a mage character. Just so you know, I only have the 2e ruleset, so, I can't really play 3e.Thanks!
Carpe Diem,
kenmadragon

There's a Game List pinned at the top of the Game Room forum that's usually kept fairly up to date. Unfortunately, we've only got two 2E games recruiting right now, one of which is more of an Interest thread (no one has stepped forward to run the game and indicate what the PL/PP limits are). In general, it's basically a matter of hanging around and checking out for new threads in the Game Room. The title of the thread will generally indicate if they're recruiting.

A bit of advice, posting character builds in the Roll Call forum, participating in discussion on the main board, and posting entries in Story Hour (particularly elaborated playthroughs) does a lot to build up stock on the boards and show people you have the chops to build interesting characters and write informative posts on their actions.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 pm

kenmadragon wrote:Hi, I'm new to the boards here. I'm hoping that I can use this site to play my first M&M game, and I was wondering how I could tell if any of the games on this site were available for application or 'hiring' a mage character. Just so you know, I only have the 2e ruleset, so, I can't really play 3e.Thanks!
Carpe Diem,
kenmadragon

Learn 3e. It's an interesting revision that opens more RPG doorways. That and, Mages are welcomed across the Forum :wink:
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 pm

I can see that considering your profile pic is the Phantom Stranger...

And is there any easy way to convert from 2e to 3e easily?(kinda tight on money, my current 2e books were 'hand me downs" from an older gaming friend)
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Spectrum » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:13 pm

There is the official set of conversion notes at http://grfiles.game-host.org/3e_files/MM2E3EConv.pdf

I don't know if its any good though. I went from 1st to 3rd and picking up 2nd ed books here and there.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:37 pm

^_^ FWIW, 2E doesn't seem to be going away, so you'll probably be OK if you want to stick with that. But 3E is an alright system too. The metaphor I used in another thread is that 3E is like the younger sister of 2E. It's got some new tricks, and is a bit more streamlined, but it's still kind of raw, not quite mature yet. It will be interesting to see what it grows up to be, of course. :-D
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kevin_MacTaggert » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:17 am

Wow! Hurricane Spammy! The Game Room is covered with bots - can the Mods do anything? It's kind of like having roaches :x
Kevin_MacTaggert
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kirinke » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:18 am

Kevin_MacTaggert wrote:Wow! Hurricane Spammy! The Game Room is covered with bots - can the Mods do anything? It's kind of like having roaches :x

Every time I see the bloody things I report em. But I think it's not just restricted to this board. Some of the other boards I go to have the same problems.

Mebbe invest in some more security questions or something of the sort to frustrate the bots from signing up?
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby kenseido » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:25 am

It could very well be that real people sign up for the board and then feed the login info to the bots.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Without sharing too much personal information- yes, many 'security' measures websites put in place are fairly easily worked around or at least made much easier for human operators.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Previous

Return to M&M Game Room