Justice League Gone: Chapter 1 "Awakening" (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Justice League Gone: Chapter 1 "Awakening" (IC)

Postby XeroKhan » Fri May 02, 2014 1:23 pm

The night was peaceful. You lie down unto your own bed and enter the routine sleep just like all the previous nights prior to that day. The bed you lie upon is to your liking, and you quickly fall to sleep. No rush of guilt, anxiety, or pressure enter your mind as you fall to your sleep. It is then that the dream began... Or is it a dream?

That was when you hear a wheezing sound, which was familiar to a key rubbing upon the surface of a ribbed metal wire. You then awaken on a cold steel floor with others you do not recognize. This confusion of your not being in your bed evolves as you wonder where you are. As you look around where you are, you notice that the surrounding area was of an advanced headquarters of sort, for you were in the main computer room from what you deduced. As you looked out the window, you happen to see... Earth!? Outside the window, the planet Earth hanged in the emptiness of space above what you believe to be the surface of the Earth's moon. Although the lights lit up the room you were in, there is nobody in there save for yourselves.

Before a word could be said by any of you, you hear hear something banging on a metal door across from the massive computer. From the sound, it is as if stone were clashing on metal. This sound is briefly ignored as you hear somebody say, "Whatever you do, do NOT blink. Blink, and you're dead." Turning around, you see a man leaning out of a blue police box.

A quick Role Play bit before I throw out what I believe would be the obvious for you Doctor Who fans. :twisted:

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Justice League Gone: Chapter 1 "Awakening" (IC)

Postby Plan B » Fri May 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Omni-Man

Omni-man looked around with unblinking eyes. "I believe an explanation is order." he asked taking to the air his body language voicing a silent threat.

"This abduction, has come at exceeding difficult time." He continued looking for someone to hold responcable and gauging the distance between here and earth.
    Insert witty comment here.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Fri May 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Splinter

An unknown locale. Strange smells. His sons nowhere to be seen - or to be heard. The rat inside of him told him to run, to find a nice quiet place to hide and wait out whatever unpleasantness might await. Taking a deep breath, Hamato Yoshi mentally stepped into the no-mind, the calm that was his core, beyond the instincts of the rodent.
" It is indeed an inopportune time. But we should keep from passing judgement until we know our situation", the humanoid rat responded to Omni-Man's words.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Fri May 02, 2014 4:56 pm

Spider-man
HP: 1 LP: 2
Condition: Fine

The sudden buzzing of his spider-sense brought Ben Reilly back to consciousness. Instincts took over as he rolled backward to land in a crouch. His hands were clenched, tense and prepared to trigger the pressure cuff sensors in his web shooters. It was only after a moment and no obvious attack that he relaxed. "Well...this is a step down from grateful Brazilian supermodels with superhero fetishes...so if any of you are planning to kill me..." He glanced down, realizing he was wearing only a pair of red silk pajama pants and his mask, which was slightly askew. He sighed, "...be my guest." He tapped a small control on his left web shooter and muttered, "Little help, here?"

What appeared to be red and blue liquid flowed over his body and a moment later, he was clad in a red bodysuit and a blue hoodie adorned with a stylized spider. His mind had gone to the surroundings and he looked at the others, the lenses of his mask widening. He studied them and began to talk rapidly, "Wait, am I dreaming? I mean normally when Master Splinter shows up, Michelangelo has already brought the pizza but..." He turned toward the police box, head tilting "Is that the TARDIS? I hope this dream has that cute redhead at least... Because if JJJ shows up I'm swearing off arepas forever..."
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Fri May 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Soma Cruz

Soma awoke with a start, quickly realizing he was somewhere new. He reached instinctively out and found a weapon at his side: the scythe he claimed when he had defeated Death himself.

This was not the first time Soma had been teleported somewhere against his will, and it probably wouldn't be the last. This time was different though, instead of finding himself at the gates of a foreboding European castle (his castle, a voice in his mind said), he looked to be on some sort of futuristic spaceship.

He took a look around at his companions, slowly relaxing his grip on the scythe. "Normally this wouldn't surprise me, but none of you look like unholy hell spawn so I'm a bit perplexed."
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Fri May 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Splinter

" I assure you I am not from any hell." Splinter said to the white-haired youth, then turned to the man in the costume. " You mentioned my name and the name of one of my sons. But I cannot recall having met you."

Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Adventure Dan » Sat May 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Commander Shepard
HP: 1

When Commander John Shepard went to sleep in the captain's quarters of the starship SSV Normandy, he certainly didn't get into bed with his N7 armor on. Waking up now, however, the soldier was geared up as if he were off to battle. Where was he? Was this an Alliance Luna base? And who were these people? A couple of them were wearing colorful costumes, and another was... a rat? Shepard was no stranger to unique races; he was friends with members of the reptilian krogans and amphibious salarians, but this was new.

"You mentioned my name and the name of one of my sons. But I cannot recall having met you."

Shepard looked around and shrugged. "You're all strangers to me," he said. "I'd like to know what's going on here. How did I get on one of the moon's outposts?" Not to mention why they were in the Sol System. He turned to address the man in the blue police box. "Don't blink? What are you talking about?"
Last edited by Adventure Dan on Sun May 04, 2014 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Sat May 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Spider-Man
Splinter wrote: " You mentioned my name and the name of one of my sons. But I cannot recall having met you."

"Err...wait. Is this not a dream?" Ben asked as he scratched the back of his head. He looked more carefully at Splinter then sighed, "This is one of those multiverse things isn't it? I hope it's not a competition. Last time I had to fight a kid in a leather jacket with a bad haircut... It was not good for my reputation and this coming from someone that fought Disco Dazzler... Anyway, I'm Spider-Man. I'm a big fan. I watched a lot of your cartoon. I had a great Donatello t-shirt." He quickly added, self-consciously "When I was younger I mean." He indicated the man in the police box, "He's the Doctor. No idea who the others are. We're in some sort of terrifying danger if I had to guess..."
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Sat May 03, 2014 10:48 pm

Splinter

Splinter listens carefully to the man in the spider suit. Multiverse? He dimly remembers one of Donatello's science magazines that mentioned the possibility of multiple universes, each slightly different than the other.
" T-shirts, hm? Apparently, in your universe,I was not able to stop Michaelangelo from going through with that."
He looks around mare carefully at the mention of danger, nodding towards the man in the futuristic armor. " I fear we all know as much or as little as you."

Plan B
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Plan B » Sun May 04, 2014 12:14 pm

Omni-man

"For now, i suggest those of technical inclination, investigate the computers. Search for any sign our hosts, unusual energy fluctuations, basic life support information and transport. " Omni-man suggested firmly.

"While your doing that i think, introductions are in order. I am Omni-man." He offered
    Insert witty comment here.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Mon May 05, 2014 9:46 am

Spider-Man

Ben glanced down and scowled, though of course his mask hid the expression,"Hilarious...fix it..." He said to himself and the costume flowed again into his proper costume. He leaped over to the computer bank, his fingers dancing across the console as he worked to get it up and running. Something was familiar about this technology but he couldn't quite put his finger on it... He glanced back over his shoulder, "Doctor, care to shed a little light on all of this?"

Technology roll 1d20+15=34
Builds

Return to “M&M Game Room”