DC Beyond: The Second Head (One-Shot, Recruitment)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Re: DC Beyond: The Second Head (One-Shot, Interest)

Postby Shadow13 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:31 pm

Im working on my build. Got a few ideas on how he works. I am more accurate in fighting than strength. Think Midnighter/Taskmaster/Deathstroke. Tactician, Peak human and gadgets to take the people down.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Re: DC Beyond: The Second Head (One-Shot, Interest)

Postby zeone3000 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Would there be any concepts you'd be disinclined to accept?

None that can I think of right off the top of my head.

Are there any concepts you'd really like to see for this story? :3

Oh, good question... Hmm, concepts that center around Neo-Gotham would be ideal. I've always wished Terry had someone to watch his back, a partner, a Robin to his Batman if you will. I know that isn't the point but man, the things that boy has gone through, for the most part, by himself... Incredible.

@Nillaman & hero4hire

These. These are types of concepts I like to see.

@Mr.Sandman

She does not become Orcale and Stephanie Brown doesn't exist in the Beyond Universe. So it totally could work.
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: DC Beyond: The Second Head (One-Shot, Recruitment)

Postby The_Watchman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:03 pm

So Max is open as a character then?
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby zeone3000 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Sorry, no.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:48 pm

zeone3000 wrote:Sorry, no.

Fair enough. What about Carter Wilson/Terminal (the Jokerz leader from the episode where Max figures out Terry's identity)? I'm thinking he turned his talents to more benevolent ends after serving his time and found a way to sublimate the madness/evil into the titular demon.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby zeone3000 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Actually, he becomes something of a Two-Face in the comics.

But you are right, he does try to straight but Terminal is too strong and comes back with a vengence. Besides, rather have OCs anyway.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:57 pm

zeone3000 wrote:Actually, he becomes something of a Two-Face in the comics.

But you are right, he does try to straight but Terminal is too strong and comes back with a vengence. Besides, rather have OCs anyway.

kk. I'll go more OC then.
Builds

Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Backstory, for your consideration.

Melissa Brown (Delphi)

Melissa Brown is a business student at Neo-Gothem University and daughter of Maxwell Brown, CEO of Brown Cyber Solutions, and Kela Brown, a Themysciran Diplomat. Her first foray into heroing began when her girlfriend, genius botanist Shelly Florance, was abducted. Distraught, she sought comfort in the company of her grandmother, Stephanie. She couldn't sleep that night, and wound up eavesdropping on a conversation her grandmother was having with an older sounding man over the computer. Stephanie was begging him to send 'that new boy' out to find Shelly, only to get the reply that there were 'bigger problems' before hanging up. Mel would have slunk back to her room but she unknowingly set off the motion detector outside the door to her grandmothers room. After ordering her into the room, her grandmother told her that she had, briefly, been the second Batgirl, but that she had made a foolish mistake, one that cost her the use of her legs. Unwilling to sit on the sidelines, she put her skills as a programmer to use, operating and improving the digital systems used by the Bat family, and going by the name Oracle. Batman, she said, was unable to devote his time to finding her girlfriend but, if Mel was willing to do the legwork, they could do it themselves.

Together they traced the abduction to the environmental terrorist group Seeds of Revolution, a violent cult like group that used genetic engineering to make themselves as close to plants as possible. Donning a simple black mask and costume to hide her identity Melissa snuck into the hideout where they had traced Shelly to. To her horror, they had already subjected her girlfriend to their strongest genetic engineering, which had driven her insane. She was now the leader of the Seeds, the mad Wallflower. Melissa could not bring herself to fight her, so she ran, devastated and angry. She was furious that, through his inaction, the Batman had allowed the woman she loved to be corrupted, and promised herself that if he couldn't be trusted to clean up the city, she would. She learned to fight quickly thanks to her Themysciran heritage, and is naturally stronger and faster than most men as well. She was already a gifted computer programmer and technician, as her father expected her to know the ropes when she took over the company someday, and her grandmother gifted her with a prototype AI she calls Prophecy. In honor of her heritage she calls herself Delphi, an ancient Greek oracle. She searches desperately to find a way to cure Shelly, convinced that there is still something of her left in Wallflower, as she has not yet revealed the true identity of the greatest thorn in their side to her followers. Delphi finds herself embroiled in the latest case when a doctor, who she had been keeping tabs on for his work in reversing genetic damage, reports a crate of drugs he designed missing. With Batman missing Delphi takes up the case, calling this just another sign that he focuses too much of his time on saving the world, and not enough time where it belongs.

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Thu May 01, 2014 8:19 am

With the new board coming into play, should I wait to post a character sheet on here for when, or if, you start up a thread on Roninarmy.com?
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Thu May 01, 2014 12:38 pm

So I feel like my virtual reality demon idea would be a bit too much overlap with Sandman's character so I'm working on a splicer (spider-type) former thief. So posting it here until the thread opens on the new forums.

Redback - PL 10
Strength 7/0, Stamina 6/1, Agility 10/1, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4/3, Intellect 6, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Eidetic Memory, Evasion 2, Luck 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+18/+11), Close Combat: Unarmed 7 (+13/+11), Investigation 4 (+10), Perception 8 (+9), Ranged Combat: Shock Blast: Progressive Affliction 6 14 (+14), Sleight of Hand 4 (+4), Technology 4 (+10)

Powers
Spider Reflexes (Advantages: Defensive Roll, Evasion 2, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Dodge +2 (+13), Parry +2 (+13))

Spider Spliced
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 48 (Traits: Acrobatics +7 (+18), Close Combat +2 (+13), Strength +7 (+7), Stamina +5 (+6), Agility +9 (+10), Fighting +1 (+4), Advantages: Skill Mastery)
. . Leaping: Leaping 2 (Leap 30 feet at 8 miles/hour)
. . Movement: Movement 2 (Wall-crawling 2: full speed)
. . Power-lifting: Power-lifting 1 (+1 STR for lifting)

Web Spinners (Removable)
. . Web Swinging
. . . . Fast Swinging: Speed 4 (Linked; Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Limited: Swinging)
. . . . Movement: Movement 1 (Linked; Swinging)
. . Webs and Other Goodies
. . . . Shock Blast: Progressive Affliction 6 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Increased Range: ranged, Progressive; Limited Degree)
. . . . Web Ball
. . . . . . Ensaring Webbing: Affliction 6 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobile, DC 16; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
. . . . . . Impact Ball: Blast 6 (Linked; DC 21)
. . . . Web Construction: Create 5 (Volume: 30 cft., DC 15; Feature: Web Cushions provide Movement: Safe Fall, Impervious, Innate, Stationary, Tether; Quirk: Stationary requires an anchor point)
. . . . Web Snares: Cumulative Affliction 6 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Immobile, DC 16; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)

Offense
Initiative +10
Ensaring Webbing: Affliction 6, +14 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 16)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 17)
Impact Ball: Blast 6, +14 (DC 21)
Shock Blast: Progressive Affliction 6, +14 (DC Fort 16)
Throw, +0 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +13 (DC 22)
Web Snares: Cumulative Affliction 6, +14 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 16)

Complications
Enemy:Mega-Corporations: Jake made a number of enemies after he turned evidence on the mega-corps that hired him for thefts.
Identity:Jacob Robinson
Prejudice: Ex-Con: Jake was convicted for grand theft before Batman helped him turn his life around. Those who know his past tend to view him with extreme distrust.
Splicer: Jake's DNA has been permanently altered through an advanced version of the splicing process. He has to take an experimental treatment to keep the process from advancing into more complete physiological changes.

Defense
Dodge 13/11, Parry 13/11, Fortitude 10, Toughness 7/6, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 84 + Advantages 7 + Skills 14 (42 ranks) + Defenses 21 = 150
Background: Jacob Robinson was a kid from the slums of Neo-Gotham. He learned young that the only way to get what he wanted was to take it. He wasn't a strong kid so he learned to be sneaky and avoid being seen. This particular talent made him useful and he found more than a few "friends" looking for a gifted thief. When he was in his teens, he found employment as an under-the-table "acquisition expert" for several mega-corporations. It made him wealthy and between the money and the thrills, Jake was more than happy with his life. That made him overconfident and willing to do whatever it took to keep moving up. He agreed to an experimental procedure based off of the splicing process. His DNA was combined with that of a spider, granting him incredible agility, reflexes, and the ability to crawl on walls. With these abilities, he moved into the big leagues. Unfortunately, this also put him up against Batman. While Jake's powers kept him a few steps ahead during his thefts, he was caught in a trap at Wayne-Powers.

It was only when he was in juvie that Jake discovered that the splicing process was unstable. He was going to mutate and die within no more than a few years if he was lucky. He was released with little hope for the future. But he was offered a treatment from Wayne-Powers. Though suspicious of any such "gifts", Jake had no options. Then the apparent price came due. He was told to steal a prototype from Foxteca or the treatments would be stopped. But Foxteca was the one company Jake had never stolen from. His mother had worked for years for Foxteca and Jake remembered Lucius Fox Jr.'s kind words at her funeral. It wasn't much but Jake hadn't seen much kindness in his life. For once in his life, Jake found a reason to make the noble choice. He refused the demand. Instead of cutting off the treatment, Jake received a year's supply with a holonote asking him to meet on the roof of the Wayne-Powers building. He was met by Batman who offered Jake a way to make up for his years on the wrong side of the law. Batman provided Jake with a costume and a pair of gauntlets to replicate the web-spinning abilities that the splicing process had (thankfully) not given him.
Builds

zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby zeone3000 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:51 pm

Completely missed that, mainly because it was put in my Spam folder...

Anyway, http://roninarmy.com/threads/107-DC-Bey ... ecruitment)?p=1037#post1037

Return to “M&M Game Room”