Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:38 am

Locust
HP: 2, LP: 1; Condition: Fatigued

Liam cocks his head. "That's the third time he mentioned Iron Maiden."

His thoughts are interrupted by the approaching crowd. Instinct kicks in, causing him to drop into a fighting stance, his sword ready to strike.

This does not help any.

He drops his head as the people flee. "Of course. Run away from the guy who just saved you. At least they don't have produce... yet."

Liam starts to walk over to his hoverboard, when a glint of metal catches his eye. He walks over and picks it up. A communicator? Did nimrod drop this? Could be useful, if nothing else to find out where his buddies are.

He walks over and steps onto his hoverboard, then gives himself a mental Gibbs-smack for not remembering his remote control. He should really take this communicator into the lab, but no. Too many people around. Even hiding, no doubt many of them have their cell phone cameras trained on him. The last thing he needs is a video of him entering his secret hideout showing up on YouTube. He should definitely come back later after the excitement has died down.

He flies off, fiddling with the communicator, seeing if he can pick up any communications with the other "Generals."

-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 8135
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby EnigmaticOne » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:54 am

Sunhawk
HP: 4
COND: Unharmed

Morgan took enough note of the situation to decide he could make a change now. His violin had been haphazardly left on the ground, but a quick assessment said it was fine. And he could always claim later panic, and no one would question him.

The fluid that had formed his costume was always with him, secreted into his clothing, like it recognized his thoughts for the times for secrecy, and for heroism. And accordingly, it flowed out now, expanding to form the Sunhawk costume.

What Sunhawk wanted though, besides getting answers from this Iron Maiden - and talk of future something - was to gauge her before a fight. Since he seemed to have this chance unseen.

Quick Change into Costume
Assessment: 1d20+9=23
Impeach the peach!

Image

User avatar
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:25 am

Ysariel wrote:
The newcomer is dressed in black dominatrix gear like the others. But hers is more elaborate and festooned with chains, spikes and blades. Wickedly curved wristblades are fastened to her hands and her lips, painted with black lipstick, crack out a malicious smile as she looks Nightbird up and down. "So, Metallurge screwed up and failed to send us far back enough in time to kill you before you took up arms. And he will pay for that mistake before the Emperor's iron fist. But none of your skill, training and weapons will save you, girl. You could not stand against I, Iron Maiden, in the future even after growing powerful and experienced. You have no hope of standing against us now, green and weak as you are. Lay down arms and the Emperor might yet show mercy."

She does not notice Morgan, backstage and out of costume.

Iron Maiden attempts to demoralize Nightbird and takes 10 for a result of 22. You resist with your own Intimidate or Will, whichever is higher.


Ysariel wrote:Gelert, Sunhawk & Nightbird
Orchestra Hall, interior

As Gelert runs into the orchestra hall, following the drop pod by scent, he comes upon Iron Maiden standing among the seats in the main concert hall, facing down Nightbird on the stage.

Sunhawk can get into costume now -- I assume you have your costume on you or somewhere you can get to it easily.

Iron Maiden is only aware of Nightbird, although she has Uncanny Dodge so she is not flat-footed if Gelert or Sunhawk attack her.


Well Gelert is a dog so tactical genius he is not.


Gelert looks across the hall, seeing Iron Maiden, Nightbird, and the big hole in the ceiling where the drop pod came in. "Excuse me scary spikey lady? This was not a good place to park your sky-falling-crashy thing. Now someone has to fix a hole in the roof. That's very incons... inconsid... very not nice of you. Also please stop shouting at Capey-Ninja girl. It's spooky. I do not like spooky shouts."

User avatar
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21027
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Rumble City

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:39 am

baixiwei wrote:Vagabond
HP: 1>2, Conditions: none, Character sheet

Vagabond finally steps out from behind the door and leans back, craning his neck to get a look at the huge giant. Never met a giant I liked before, but enemy of my enemy, I suppose, he muses.

"Ahoy up there!" he starts to call out to Grotesk and Amethyst. But then Grotesk bizarrely shrinks down to normal human size.

Only slightly nonplussed by the transformation, Vagabond approaches the pair. "Ahoy down here, then. We seem to be on the same hit list. Either of you know what this is all about?"


"No," Grotesk replies, "I just saw someone in trouble, so I came this way and did what I could. I'm afraid I didn't notice much otherwise. controlling my biomecha leaves me... somewhat single minded."
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Gilliam » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:33 am

Nightbird
HP: 1
Condition: Shaken (-2 attacks etc for round)

Taking in Iron Maidens outfit with a raised eyebrow Imogen shook her head slightly "You know that look went out of style in the 90s" Imogen quipped although her voice was a little more shaky than she intended, something about this woman from the future had disturbed her.

"And if you really know me like you say you do then you know I won't give up just cause a reject from a porn film says so." Imogen says already moving towards Iron Maiden aiming a number of kicks towards any weak spots in the armour.

Moving back into a defensive stance Imogens face softens at the arrival of Gelert "Awe what a cute doggie."

Nightbird Will DC22 (1d20+7=21)
Just fail so shaken for the next round

Nightbird PA +/-2
Nightbird PA +2 (1d20+12-2-2=20)
DC23 Toughness Save if it hits

Last edited by Gilliam on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:41 am

Grotesk & Vagabond
Downtown

Amethyst grins (and Grotesk can tell she's not-so-subtly checking out his sculpted physique). "You kicked tin can man's butt and stopped him wrecking the street. That's what matters."

She turns to Vagabond and waves. "Hi! Was the grand piano you?"

Vagabond wrote:"We seem to be on the same hit list. Either of you know what this is all about?"


Amethyst briefly fills both of you in on what the villains said during the battle. Forge and Furnace do seem to have come from the future, although they didn't expect to encounter Grotesk, and didn't even seem to have met him before. "We aren't the only ones they went after, too." She cocks her head and touches her wireless earpiece. "Amy?"

"Radio and internet traffic show attacks on Orchestra Hall and a neighborhood in the old industrial zone," says a synthesized, feminine electronic voice. Apparently the battle suit talks, too. "But the attackers have already withdrawn."

"We've got to track them back to their hideout or wherever they're going," Amethyst says. "Any ideas?"
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:51 am

Locust
Rear alley outside secret lair

The communicator is not a familiar design, but you figure it out in no time. You hear a feminine voice issuing orders.

"...to the warehouse! Repeat. All Imperial Army units, withdraw and retreat to the warehouse! Await reinforcements and prepare to re-engage targets!"

By listening for acknowledgements from other answering parties you soon figure out that 'the warehouse' is an abandoned warehouse deep inside the city's old industrial zone of Queen's Junction, still littered with many shuttered factories and warehouses, now infamous as a den of crime. You are able to extrapolate the address fairly easily.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:08 pm

Nightbird, Sunhawk & Gelert
Orchestra Hall

Gelert wrote:"Excuse me scary spikey lady? This was not a good place to park your sky-falling-crashy thing. Now someone has to fix a hole in the roof. That's very incons... inconsid... very not nice of you. Also please stop shouting at Capey-Ninja girl. It's spooky. I do not like spooky shouts."


"What?!" Iron Maiden whirls around to stare at the dog cloaked in the blue forcefield behind her. Suddenly the odds aren't as good as she expected. The black-clad villain looks from Gelert, to Nightbird, then back again and decides to try her chances. Like a human rocket she leaps at Nightbird, lashing out with a powerful punch to the solar plexus. Her strategy is obvious -- quickly take out one opponent before the two of them can gang up on her effectively.

Watching from behind the scenes, Morgan analyzes Iron Maiden's fighting style. A highly experienced combatant, she moves with grace and poise and her ridiculous outfit hampers her not the least. In particular, from the way she attacks Nightbird, Sunhawk gets the sense she is fighting an old foe whose every trick she already knows.

But it's not going to be enough. However skilled she is, she is only human, and three against one you have a good chance against her.

Assessment

You can tell she is of the same PL as you and has Melee attack 13 and Defense 13 and has Favored Foe (Nightbird).


:arrow: Iron Maiden
Move action: into Close range of Nightbird
Standard action: use Martial Strike (Damage 5) on Nightbird
Iron Maiden Attack roll vs Nightbird (1d20+13=29) DC 21 Toughness save due to Favored Foe. Your toughness check is at -2 due to being Shaken.

I forgot this, but Nightbird gains 1 HP from defeating the ambush lying in wait for Morgan. :)


-- Iron Maiden
-- *Gelert
-- Sunhawk
-- Nightbird (Shaken)


Gelert is up. :D
Last edited by Ysariel on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ
Contact:

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby baixiwei » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:18 pm

Vagabond
HP: 2, Conditions: none, Character sheet

Ysariel wrote:She turns to Vagabond and waves. "Hi! Was the grand piano you?"


"Indeed." Nicolas feigns a courtly bow to both of the others. "Marc Serafin, at your service. In some circles I'm known as Vagabond.

... Let me see if I can find out anything about our attackers."
The man calling himself Vagabond kneels beside the spreading pool of lubricant, dipping his finger in it and quickly using the liquid to scribble a circle of strange symbols on the ground, then stands. A subtle shimmer in the air, like heat distortion, signals that someone or something else has joined the three, and Vagabond whispers something to it which the other two cannot hear. After an instant, the shimmer is gone.

OOC wrote:Take 10 for 20 on Gather Information via Contacts to find out whatever I can about those who attacked us - especially whether people fitting their description have been seen anywhere other than the locations we already know about?


Ysariel wrote:"We've got to track them back to their hideout or wherever they're going," Amethyst says. "Any ideas?"


Vagabond stroked his chin reflectively where a goatee should be. "Maybe. If there have been other attacks, there might be others like us. If we pool information, conclusions might emerge. I can take us there ... Orchestra Hall first?" He holds open the door from which he came invitingly, extending a hand to the other two. Inside, a dingy concrete hallway is barely visible.

OOC wrote:Teleport the others to Orchestra Hall if/when they're willing.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby kenseido » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Locust
HP: 2, LP: 1; Condition: Fatigued

Liam grimaces under his mask. More troops. Yay.

Still, winning back the city's trust wasn't going to be easy - the people back there proved it. So he turns his board towards the warehouse in questions and decides to do some reconnaissance.

-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:35 pm

Grotesk & Vagabond
Downtown

Insubstantial spirits fill the air about Vagabond and whisper to him in words only he can hear.

Take 10 for 20 on Gather Information via Contacts to find out whatever I can about those who attacked us - especially whether people fitting their description have been seen anywhere other than the locations we already know about?


"They have," one whispers. "They have!"

"They have men and machines," another murmurs, "and things that are both and neither."

"They gather a large force to strike at you and others," a third hisses. "There is one in green who is a friend, and they strike at him too: he will lot last long alone."

The spirits show you where Forge and Furnace have retreated to: an abandoned warehouse in the industrial center of Queen's Junction, complete with address.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

User avatar
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:58 pm

Ysariel wrote:Nightbird, Sunhawk & Gelert
Orchestra Hall

Gelert wrote:"Excuse me scary spikey lady? This was not a good place to park your sky-falling-crashy thing. Now someone has to fix a hole in the roof. That's very incons... inconsid... very not nice of you. Also please stop shouting at Capey-Ninja girl. It's spooky. I do not like spooky shouts."


"What?!" Iron Maiden whirls around to stare at the dog cloaked in the blue forcefield behind her. Suddenly the odds aren't as good as she expected. The black-clad villain looks from Gelert, to Nightbird, then back again and decides to try her chances. Like a human rocket she leaps at Nightbird, lashing out with a powerful punch to the solar plexus. Her strategy is obvious -- quickly take out one opponent before the two of them can gang up on her effectively.

Watching from behind the scenes, Morgan analyzes Iron Maiden's fighting style. A highly experienced combatant, she moves with grace and poise and her ridiculous outfit hampers her not the least. In particular, from the way she attacks Nightbird, Sunhawk gets the sense she is fighting an old for whose every trick she already knows.

But it's not going to be enough. However skilled she is, she is only human, and three against one you have a good chance against her.

Assessment

You can tell she is of the same PL as you and has Melee attack 13 and Defense 13 and has Favored Foe (Nightbird).


:arrow: Iron Maiden
Move action: into Close range of Nightbird
Standard action: use Martial Strike (Damage 5) on Nightbird
Iron Maiden Attack roll vs Nightbird (1d20+13=29) DC 21 Toughness save due to Favored Foe. Your toughness check is at -2 due to being Shaken.

I forgot this, but Nightbird gains 1 HP from defeating the ambush lying in wait for Morgan. :)


-- Iron Maiden
-- *Gelert
-- Sunhawk
-- Nightbird (Shaken)


Gelert is up. :D


"No Bad scary spikey lady! That is not nice. Not nice at all!" Gelert barks.


Blue energy forms into a giant rolled up newspaper and smacks Iron Maiden. "Bad Bad Lady. No fighting!"

User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ
Contact:

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby baixiwei » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:32 pm

Vagabond
HP: 2, Conditions: none, Character sheet

The man known as Marc, and as Nicolas, and as Vagabond, shares the information from his spirit contacts with Amethyst and Grotesk. "So ... to pursue our enemies first lest they escape, or help potential allies first lest they suffer defeat? No choice really," Nicolas ponders aloud, his tone making it clear that the second option is obviously correct.

OOC wrote:I'm assuming I can also get the location of the "green one" from the spirits. If not, I'll ask Amethyst whether she can figure it out. If so, and the others are amenable, I'll take us there instead of orchestra hall.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions



If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Nightbird, Sunhawk & Gelert
Orchestra Hall

A 20 isn't enough to hit her.


In a scene that could have come out of some wacky Saturday morning cartoon, the giant, rolled-up newspaper swats here and there among the seats as Iron Maiden nimbly rolls out of the way. "Meddling pup," she snarls, but her attention is still on Nightbird.

-- Iron Maiden
-- Gelert
-- *Sunhawk
-- Nightbird (Shaken)


Sunhawk is up. :D
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

User avatar
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21027
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Rumble City

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:43 pm

baixiwei wrote:Vagabond
HP: 2, Conditions: none, Character sheet

The man known as Marc, and as Nicolas, and as Vagabond, shares the information from his spirit contacts with Amethyst and Grotesk. "So ... to pursue our enemies first lest they escape, or help potential allies first lest they suffer defeat? No choice really," Nicolas ponders aloud, his tone making it clear that the second option is obviously correct.

OOC wrote:I'm assuming I can also get the location of the "green one" from the spirits. If not, I'll ask Amethyst whether she can figure it out. If so, and the others are amenable, I'll take us there instead of orchestra hall.


"None at all," Grotesk says, "let's go."
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest