Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby kenseido » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:56 am

Locust
HP: 1, LP: 2; Condition: Fine (Fatigued at end of turn)

Surging from previous action


Countless hours of Napalm's rigorous - and often painful - training causes Liam to react to the dropped sword without even a moment's hesitation. He quickly rolls, picking up the sword. Pushing himself, he spins around to bring the sword to bear on the prone cyborg. It takes all of his effort NOT to bring the sword down on his neck, instead striking his chest.

Move action, since I never took one, to pick up the sword.
Extra effort to Surge for an additional attack.

Power Attack [2]: 1D20+9-2 = [12]+9-2 = 19; That should definitely hit Stunned and Prone opponent.
Drain 9 Toughness and DC26 Toughness
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:59 am

Gelert
Orchestra Hall, exterior

You soar over the city and as you do so, you see plumes of smoke rising from the downtown financial center. Among the feet of the skyscrapers a thirty-foot-tall giant stands battling some unseen foes amidst smoke and blaster fire. The city is under simultaneous attack at multiple locations. The city needs someone to carry the torch of hope and stand fast against the fear, and fate has put you in that role.

You arrive outside Orchestra Hall and are greeted with a tide of humanity pouring out of the doors. Not only are you unable to get in short of blasting holes in the walls, people are trampling each other in the attempt to get out. The air is filled with screams of panic and pain. Here and there a small child wanders, crying out for parents or siblings while others nurse scrapes and injuries sustained in the rush.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ
Contact:

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby baixiwei » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:15 am

Vagabond
HP: 1, Conditions: none, Character sheet

"The magician, the magician. How is it you've heard of me anyway, when I haven't heard of you? It's usually the other way around. Not that I mind the recognition." Behind Furnace, the narwhal's tusk rises into the air as Vagabond blathers.

"And my sense of humor is an acquired taste, I'll have you know. Just for laughs, try this out!" He feigns an accompanying mystical gesture followed by suddenly casting his hands in her direction, as if about to fling some kind of malign mystical force.

And the narwal tusk swings itself at the back of her head.

OOC wrote:Using bluff, feint as a move action at -5, then smack her with a piece of narwhal via move object. Bluff (1d20+12-5=19), Attack, PA2 (1d20+9-2=10). Bleck.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.

User avatar
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:29 am

Ysariel wrote:Gelert
Orchestra Hall, exterior

You soar over the city and as you do so, you see plumes of smoke rising from the downtown financial center. Among the feet of the skyscrapers a thirty-foot-tall giant stands battling some unseen foes amidst smoke and blaster fire. The city is under simultaneous attack at multiple locations. The city needs someone to carry the torch of hope and stand fast against the fear, and fate has put you in that role.

You arrive outside Orchestra Hall and are greeted with a tide of humanity pouring out of the doors. Not only are you unable to get in short of blasting holes in the walls, people are trampling each other in the attempt to get out. The air is filled with screams of panic and pain. Here and there a small child wanders, crying out for parents or siblings while others nurse scrapes and injuries sustained in the rush.




Gelert looks at the panicking crowd. This will not do. So he has his ring crank up the volume of his voice. "EXCUSE ME, YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!"

Once he has the crowds attention he continues, "Hello, my name is Gelert. I have just met you and I am here to help. Now if we can all just be calm, everything will be all right. Panic is bad, and gets humans hurt, and that would make me a sad doggy. If we are calm then everyone can be safe." Gelert lands, the crowd clearing a little spot for him. "Could any children who can not find their family members or people with ouchies but can move please come to me. If you are a grown-up missing your child or little brother or sister please step forward to find them. Don't rush. Also could you nice people help anyone who is hurt get to me so I can help? Pretty Please? Thank you."

User avatar
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Gilliam » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:24 am

Nightbird
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

Even as she took down the main group of leather clad women Imogen's mind was running at a million miles an hour "They recognised me ... but how .. i have never seen them before in my life .... you don't forget outfits like that in a hurry ... but they weren't looking for me or were they ... what is going on?" and being slightly distracted she left 2 of the women still standing until a man in coat and tails burst through the door from the stage and somehow knocked them out.

"I have heard that music critics can be harsh but this is really OTT or are they fans of yours." Imogen said with a slight smile indicating the motionless women scattered round the door before becoming a lot more serious "Stay here sir, there are another 2 of these B&D freaks guarding the door to the back alley and I will deal with the ones on the stage."

Without waiting for a response Imogen ran pass the violinist onto the stage launching herself into a flying kick hitting one of the women hard in the upper chest before using her momentum to bounce off wrapping her legs round another Excruciatrice flipping her to the ground before kipping up to land some targets punches on anyone else still standing.

Move to attack the group on the stage using Takedown 2.

Take 10 to attack and DC21 Toughness Save.

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:06 am

Gelert
Orchestra Hall, exterior

Gelert wrote:EXCUSE ME, YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!


The crowd of panicking humans screeches to a halt and turns in your direction. Soon, you are able to sort out the wounded, get two people with medical experience doing triage, line up the lost children by the exit so that their parents can easily find them, and make the sheepish crowd proceed at a less breakneck pace. The remaining humans file out of the Orchestra Hall in a much more orderly fashion. They seem worried still, but there is no more stampeding.

Your powers easily heal the humans who are seriously wounded, and soon you are greeted by a panorama of smiling faces as you reunite families and mend wounds. An old man gratefully shakes your tiny paw with both hands in gratitude for finding his grandson and bystanders look on in wonder as you fix a broken leg with nothing but an aura of blue light. Before long the authorities have started to arrive and the situation is under control.

As the crowd of people slows to a trickle something from far above, moving incredibly fast and trailing fire behind it, catches your attention: a star. No, a comet... no, a drop pod!

Like a missile, the drop pod arcs down from high above and smashes through the domed roof of the orchestra hall to crash-land inside. Your nose catches a whiff of rocket fuel and leather. Something very, very bad has arrived.

You get 1 HP for handling the situation at the exit. :)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:25 am

Sunhawk & Nightbird
Orchestra Hall, interior



Like a bowling ball rolling into the pins, Nightbird scatters the remaining women and dump their unconscious bodies all over the stage like spare confetti. Only the leader manages to block her punch with both arms, skidding backwards from the force of the blow. Then she looks around and realizes all her squad are unconscious or beaten and hesitates.

Before Nightbird can add her to the list something big and heavy crashes down through the roof of the Orchestra Hall and flattens three rows of seats before coming to a stop. It looks like a missile, wickedly sharp at one end with a smoking rocket engines at the other, but as the armored shell cracks open with a hiss both heroes realize it is some sort of one-person transport. Instantly the one surviving Excruciatrix is on her knees, despite the fact that Nightbird is still standing and ready to fight. "My Lady --" she begins.

"Faliure," sneers the woman stepping out of the drop pod. She flicks her wrist, and the Excruciatrix dies with a shuriken lodged in her throat, gurgling in her own blood as she goes.

The newcomer is dressed in black dominatrix gear like the others. But hers is more elaborate and festooned with chains, spikes and blades. Wickedly curved wristblades are fastened to her hands and her lips, painted with black lipstick, crack out a malicious smile as she looks Nightbird up and down. "So, Metallurge screwed up and failed to send us far back enough in time to kill you before you took up arms. And he will pay for that mistake before the Emperor's iron fist. But none of your skill, training and weapons will save you, girl. You could not stand against I, Iron Maiden, in the future even after growing powerful and experienced. You have no hope of standing against us now, green and weak as you are. Lay down arms and the Emperor might yet show mercy."

She does not notice Morgan, backstage and out of costume.

Iron Maiden attempts to demoralize Nightbird and takes 10 for a result of 22. You resist with your own Intimidate or Will, whichever is higher.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:35 am

Locust
Rear alley outside secret lair

"No!" Metallurge shrieks, mechanical tentacles snaking from his fingers to ensnare your vibro-blade and stop your slash before it can penetrate more than an inch into his half-machine body. As the weapon grinds and sparks against his grasp you look through his slashed-open robe and see that what flesh is left of his body is filthy, pale and unhealthy, while machines have replaced much of his chest and abdomen.

"I will not fail here. I will not fail the Emperor!" he says it in a tone of desperate fear rather than fanatical devotion. His right eye glows bright red for an instant, and a deadly laser lances out from it!

Metallurge Fort DC 19, Toughness DC 26 (1d20+6=22, 1d20+8-1 =25) Failed by 1, Bruised

Metallurge uses Killing Gaze on you.
Metallurge Attack roll vs Locust (1d20+10=24) hits. DC 20 Toughness check
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

User avatar
stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:39 am

Ysariel wrote:

As the crowd of people slows to a trickle something from far above, moving incredibly fast and trailing fire behind it, catches your attention: a star. No, a comet... no, a drop pod!

Like a missile, the drop pod arcs down from high above and smashes through the domed roof of the orchestra hall to crash-land inside. Your nose catches a whiff of rocket fuel and leather. Something very, very bad has arrived.

You get 1 HP for handling the situation at the exit. :)


Gelert pants happily that everyone is okay, before the drop-pod hits. Gelert sniffs the air. That was not a good smell. That was a trouble smell. The Nose knows, and Gelert trusted it to guide him. So following his nose he runs into the Orchestra Hall after the sky-crashy-thing.

User avatar
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21184
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Kyle, Texas
Contact:

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby kenseido » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:00 am

Locust
HP: 1, LP 2 (-1=1); Condition: Fatigued

Unlike the anime he watched growing up, Liam doesn't wait and see if his blow stopped cyborg. Instead he is already moving, which saved him. Already on the defensive, he is able to deflect the laser with his sword at the last minute.

He continues his motion fluidly, bringing the sword down across his foes head.

Oops.. didn't really mean to do that...

Toughness: 1D20+9 = [3]+9 = 12
Yep, its one of those years. LP for a reroll gives me an auto-success.

All Out/PA [2] with Fatigue: 1D20+9+2-3 = [19]+9+2-3 = 27
I guess I sacrificed enough HP for that.
Improved Crit makes that a critical. DC19 FORT save vs Drain Toughness + DC31 Toughness save with the critical.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:08 am

Grotesk & Vagabond
Downtown

Forge's battlesuit whines as the servos rev up to full power, just barely manages to jump aside before Grotesk can swat him flat. It helps that he's about a sixth the size of the hero.

Furnace ducks aside from Vagabond's feint, but by sheer coincidence the movement takes her out of the narwhal's path as well. "Dirty tricks and childish jokes. Good news, loser. Your future self is just as lame." the woman cloaked in flame sneers as the model smashes into a nearby building. "Forge! We're retreating for now."

"Shut up, wench!" Forge says, fending off another withering hail of blaster fire from Amethyst as he tries in vain to smash one of Grotesk's toes with his power hammer. "This oversized lump of meat has got on my nerves, too. I'm gonna squash him to a chunky red paste, THEN get my revenge."

"You idiot! The giant isn't part of the Resistance. Metallurge has screwed up -- either this isn't the same timeline, or his sending us back changed the past somehow. We've got to regroup and figure out what's happened!" she rises out of Vagabond's range -- and the magician, watching, has to realize that she does actually know his range down to the foot -- and raises her hand. "Command override. Engage emergency teleport!"

The two villains vanish in a flash, leaving behind a wrecked street and the remains of the grand piano.

"Whew," Amethyst says, peeling off her suit goggles. She floats up to Grotesk and offers her comparatively tiny gloved hand for a handshake. "Thanks for the hand. Don't think I could've handled both of them by myself."

I fiat and both villains escape. Both of you gain 1 HP. :)

Grotesk gains 1 extra HP for quitting his job to help.

Feel free to RP a bit or investigate the scene for clues. For the latter, you'll need to make search checks.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

User avatar
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21027
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Rumble City

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:16 am

Grotesk holds out a pinkie for Naked Pink...no, amethyst to shake, before he erupts into a cloud of steam as his biomecha combusts into inert and rapidly decaying biomatter, like butter boiling away on a skillet

"Sorry," he says, his clothes reduced to a pair of tight white pants that show off his washboard abs and distract from the elfin uncanny valley features of his face, "Can't talk when I'm... like that."
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

User avatar
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4875
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Fort Lee, NJ
Contact:

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby baixiwei » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:21 am

Vagabond
HP: 1>2, Conditions: none, Character sheet

Vagabond finally steps out from behind the door and leans back, craning his neck to get a look at the huge giant. Never met a giant I liked before, but enemy of my enemy, I suppose, he muses.

"Ahoy up there!" he starts to call out to Grotesk and Amethyst. But then Grotesk bizarrely shrinks down to normal human size.

Only slightly nonplussed by the transformation, Vagabond approaches the pair. "Ahoy down here, then. We seem to be on the same hit list. Either of you know what this is all about?"
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions



If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:25 am

Locust
Rear alley outside secret lair

He reactivated his force field last round, so his toughness is back to normal

Fort DC 19, Toughness DC 31 (1d20+6=10, 1d20+12-2=17) Failed by some ridiculous amount, defeated


The Vibro-blade jams deep into Metallurge's skull and causes something to spark and smoke violently; both his cybernetic eyes blow out. The mad scientist seizes up and convulses for a long moment as critical systems are damaged. "SysteSysteSysteSystem Error," he chatters, then slumps into the ground. "Tactical retreat! Tactical retreat! You've won yourself a lucky reprieve, louse," he snarls, hideously alive even though his head is split in two and smoking. "But the Four Generals shall yet teach you the meaning of fear. Wait till you next meet Iron Maiden!"

He cackles knowingly, as if at some inside joke. Then he flips a switch on his arm and teleports out, vanishing with a flash of blue light and an acrid chemical scent in the air.

All is quiet for a while. Then, gradually, residents creep out from behind locked doors and parked vehicles, looking warily out of windows and through shutters. This is not a wealthy neighborhood, and for many of those living here their homes are all they really own. The slowly-growing crowd looks at the crater left by Metallurge's landing and worried faces melt into expressions of relief and gratitude one by one. An old woman stands out from the onlookers. "We owe you so much," she says, holding out trembling hands to shake yours. "Thanks for saving the place, Mr --"

Then they take a good look at your costume and looks of fear dawn all over the crowd. "It's Locust!" "He's back!" "Get the police!" "Get the heroes!" The crowd scatters as if being hounded by wild animals.

The shrieks and panicked shouts fade, leaving you standing there looking at the backs of the people you saved. And in a moment of cold truth you realize: if you are to reclaim your father's good name, this is the only way it can be done: with rejection and distrust at every turn, and fear and loathing at every corner.

In the crater left by Metallurge you spy something small, metallic, crackling with voices. A communicator -- it must have been left behind when he fled. It gleams in the light, like a taunt left by fate.

Dare you?

I fiat and Metallurge escapes even though he should be unconscious, gain 1 HP.

You can take the communicator.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

User avatar
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3473
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:36 am

Gelert, Sunhawk & Nightbird
Orchestra Hall, interior

As Gelert runs into the orchestra hall, following the drop pod by scent, he comes upon Iron Maiden standing among the seats in the main concert hall, facing down Nightbird on the stage.

Sunhawk can get into costume now -- I assume you have your costume on you or somewhere you can get to it easily.

Iron Maiden is only aware of Nightbird, although she has Uncanny Dodge so she is not flat-footed if Gelert or Sunhawk attack her.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests