Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Adventures Assemble: Forged in Fire!

Postby Ysariel » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:59 am

Locust
Rear alley outside secret lair

I won't give minions the save then. :D

That means they're auto-destroyed since their toughness goes below -5.

You slice the robots into neat little sashimi-like chunks that clatter to the ground with the stink of burnt plastic. "Oh, there you are!" Metallurge says. There is the shadow of a grin and iron teeth under the green, oily hood of his robe. "How convenient of you to show up for your own execution. First, let's take away that little toy --"

Then he blinks. His cybernetic red eyes flicker like an indicator light beeping.

"Wait a minute," he says. "You aren't supposed to have that yet. In fact, you aren't supposed to know how to fight yet. Actually, you aren't even supposed to be able to walk yet! Could my calculations have been wrong? But I set the ship to send us further back than necessary by a year! ... what day is it today?"

I trigger Metallurge's Absent-Minded Mad Scientist complication and he monologues (in game terms, Dazed) until you move away or attack him. However he gets a Villain Point.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:44 am

Locust
HP: 0; LP: 2; Condition: Fine

Liam is briefly thrown my the mad man's tirade.

He isn't here for Dad; he knows about my training and the wheelchair. But how...

Wait, sent the ship back...

Frack, this butt-munch is from the future?!?! Well, good to know I will be successful enough to cause a villain to go back in time and stop me.

A semi-incompetent villain at that.

As he brings his own thoughts back into focus, the villain is still delivering a monologue. Guy might be crazier than Dad was.

"Hey, McFly.... anybody home?" Liam replaces the "Knock Knock" from the line with a couple of sword slashes.

Vibro Sowrd Attack: 1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25
Drain Toughness 9 followed by DC24 Toughness
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:07 am

Grotesk & Vagabond
Downtown

Vagabond arrives on the heels of the woman cloaked in flame to come upon an all-out superbrawl in the middle of the street. She glides to a halt, flames fanning out from her head like a mane of scarlet tresses as she contemplates the scene.

On one end, there is a vast giant of flesh and bone and sniew -- literally; there is no skin at all on his body, a thirty-feet-tall living titan. Opposing him is a man in a bulky powersuit that's more humanoid tractor than suit of armor painted brick-red, his bald face screwed up in concentration behind the suit's transparent face plate. The giant lifts a humongous foot to stomp on him and the armored man just barely jumps out of the way.

"About time!" Forge growls. He points at Grotesk with his hammer-arm. "Furnace, you take care of this lump of meat while I cave in this trashy exhibitionist's skull here."

"Forge, you numbskull! You should handle the enemy brick and leave the flying blaster to me!"

"Screw that! I'm not leaving until I get my payback for the time she shot my left nut off!" Amethyst holds up her hands and shakes her head at Grotesk in a 'wasn't me' kinda way.

"Damn you, Forge! I am Lady Commander of the Imperial Army, and I order you to obey!"

Forge suggests she do something anatomically improbable, highly uncomfortable and possibly illegal involving a wrench, two gallons of synthetic lubricant, a narwhal and a grand piano to herself.

:arrow: In combat, if you can speak or communicate, you can give orders to Amethyst with a move action as if she were a sidekick. She refuses to do anything out of character, of course. If given multiple conflicting orders she follows whichever she thinks is most helpful.

Turn order wrote:Initiative (Vagabond) (1d20+0=14)

25 *Grotesk
14 Vagabond

06 Forge
06 Furnace

06 Amethyst (Bruised x2)

Grotesk is up. :D
Last edited by Ysariel on Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:17 am

Locust

"Ayiee!" Metallurge draws back. Force shields and multiple layers of super-alloy blunt your sword strikes enough that the deadly vibro-blade merely scrapes off his armor. "Ahh, well. It's an unfortunate anomaly, but I'm sure I will have a great time analyzing the cause when you are screaming under Iron Maiden's tender mercies. Now, where was I? Yes, removing that little toy of yours."

He reaches out with a hand and his fingers extend into metallic tendrils that attempt to pry the vibro-blade from your hand.

Metallurge Fort DC 19, Toughness DC 24 (1d20+6=20, 1d20+12=29) Passed both

He then tries to disarm you. His Mechano-Tentacles count as his unarmed attack, so if he disarms you successfully he is holding your sword.
Metallurge Disarm (Attack, Damage) (1d20+6=23, 1d20+5=19) Hits. Make a STR bonus check, DC 19 or be disarmed.

Wow, IC tries to kill you even when you're not the one rolling.
Gain 1 HP.

stavaros-the-arcane
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby stavaros-the-arcane » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:20 am

Ysariel wrote:Gelert
Bernard Clairvaux Medical Center

The blast of blue energy burns out sensors, fries their armor and shatters powertrains, leaving five of the robots as smoking piles of wreckage on the ground. The last robot swivels its head as it looks around at the wrecked enemies, then turns back to stare at you.

"LONG LIVE LORD STEEL, THE IRON EMPEROR!" it delcares. Then it blows up in your face.

DC 16 Reflex save followed by DC 21 (18) Toughness save.

Gelert tilts his head in confusion at the exploding robot. "Who?"

Ysariel wrote:"Gelert!" Tabitha bursts out of the door, now that your forcefield is no longer blocking it, followed by Dorothy. Jasmine is in her mother's arms next to the door, looking slack-jawed at the wreckage. "Are you alright?"

Gelert floats up and licks Tabitha's face, the moves to do the same to Dorothy, Jasmine, and Jasmine's Mother. While he does so he says. "I am fine. Hospital out of danger. Bad robots go boom. Very not nice robots. I don't like them. But friend-humans all safe. All is well."

Ysariel wrote:"You've got to help them," Dorothy says. She shows you a live news report on her phone. There are scenes of panicked citizens pouring out of the Orchestra Hall and the caption reads 'LIVE: Sniper Attack at Symphony Center'.

"Oh noes! More humans in trouble! Such Danger! Much savings needed! I go help. Gelert is good dog. Good dog help friend-humans."

Giving them each one last cuddle or lick, Gelert flies off to save the day.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:28 am

attacking forge: 1d20+6=25

DC 27 TOU

Metal Shouty man is so busy shouting to notice Grotesk rearing his foot back until the giant kicks him like a soccer ball
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:36 am

Locust
HP: 1, LP: 2; Condition: Fine

As the tentacles disarm Liam, he immediately shifts his stance without skipping a beat. Months of arduous training with Napalm taught him to fight without his sword since it could be taken away.

He spins around and hits him with backfist attack, hoping his modified costume's armor reinforced strike points are enough to dent the armor.

STR vs Disarm: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13
Yep all dice and dice rollers hate me.

Power Attack [2]: 1D20+9-2 = [15]+9-2 = 22
DC24 Toughness

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:37 pm

Sunhawk
HP: 5->4
COND: Unharmed

Morgan found himself face first with dominatrixes, a nearby ...superheroine? And more charging in from where they had shot at him, and still unable to use his powers without discovery. Morgan resorted to immediate desperation for now and shoulder rammed the nearest whip lady.

HP to get Takedown Attack
Unarmed: Take 10 for total of 18.
DC 15 Toughness
Impeach the peach!

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Vagabond
HP: 1, Conditions: none, Character sheet

Vagabond surveys the scene from behind his latest door. The glowing woman hadn't noticed him yet, but skulking in the shadows wasn't an option any more if she was attacking someone else. And this "Forge" she had talked to on the phone seemed to be an underling, not a higher-up. So much for tracking her back up the ladder ...

With a smirk, he snaps his fingers and out of nowhere, a wrench plummets from the sky, narrowly missing Furnace. Looking up, she barely manages to avoid the torrential stream of lubricant that follows. But nothing could have prepared her for the narwhal* and, as a finishing touch, the grand piano that plummet down like the wrath of God, if God had a sense of humor.

* The narwhale is a scale model. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

OOC wrote:So it's Create Object for DC24 area damage affecting only Furnace, DC19 Reflex to avoid entirely. Grappling with move object would have been more effective as she probably has high reflex and low str, but couldn't resist this ... Oh, as described, I'm trying to get some cover if possible in case she shoots back.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:26 am

Grotesk & Vagabond
Downtown

Furnace stares incredulously at the puddle of lubricant on the ground. A moment later, a model narwhal lands right in it, showering her in oil drops that smoke and flare upon touching her fiery aura. "What the?" she asks. And notices the growing shadow about her feet. "You must be --"

The grand piano lands on her head with a discordant jangle of notes, sending keys flying everywhere and leaving the Lady Commander of the Imperial Army in a crater on the ground. "Only ONE person has a sense of humor this lame," Furnace fumes as she peels herself off the ground, picking flaming pieces of grand piano off herself and flinging them away. "The magician! He's still alive!"

"You're not one of the Resistance," Forge growls to Grotesk. Start begging for mercy and I might -- oof!" The kick from a foot the size of a car gets him in his midriff and sends him flying into a nearby wall with a mighty crash that leaves a Forge-sized hole in the building. As he tries to climb back out Amethyst rains blaster bolts on him, forcing him to shield himself with his forearms. "Bastards!" he snarls. Jet boots fire and the villain takes off at a running leap to swing his left arm down on Grotesk; just above the fist is a curved spike like the horn of an anvil.

:arrow: Forge
Forge Toughness DC 27 (1d20+12=26) Failed by 1, Bruised
Move action: into Close range of Grotesk
Standard action: use Anvil (Damage 5 linked to Stun 5) on Grotesk
Forge Attack roll vs Grotesk (1d20+8=24) hits, DC 20 Toughness save vs Damage and DC 15 Fort save vs Stun

:arrow: Furnace
Furnace Reflex DC 19, Toughness DC 24 (1d20+7=25, 1d20+10=24)
I fiat and she fails 2 degrees instead. :mrgreen: But Furnace gets a Villain Point.

:arrow: Amethyst
Standard action: Aid Grotesk against Forge for +2 Attack
Amethyst Aid Grotesk vs Forge DC10 (1d20+8=14)

Turn order wrote:25 *Grotesk
14 Vagabond

06 Forge (Bruised)
06 Furnace (Bruised, Stunned until 14)

06 Amethyst (Bruised x2)

Grotesk is up again! :D

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:34 am

Locust

"Admittedly, I have to say this is a fine blade," Metallurge says as he fingers the vibroblade. Servos whine as his cybernetic eyes focus on the weapon. "A pity it was too expensive to be mass-produced for the Imperial Army, and I am more a fan of plasma cutters myself --"

You punch him right in the face so hard, you smash him flat on his back in a mass of oily green cloth and flailing mechanical tentacles. Your vibro-blade clatters to the floor as he lets go of it, and there's a faint sizzle-pop! in the air as his force shields go out with a whiff of ozone.

He's Stunned and Bruised, so he loses his turn. Then your turn begins and he recovers again. :)

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:36 am

If possible, I would like to surge to take advantage of the Stunned condition.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:41 am

Tou: 1d20+12=25

fort: 1d20+12=27

attacking forge with Anetyst's +2 aid bonus: 1d20+8=12

DC 27 if that actually connects

Grotesk treats shouty metal man's attacks like a stupid bug, and has about as much luck in trying to swat him
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:41 am

Sunhawk & Nightbird
Orchestra Hall, backstage

Sunhawk lays into the two Excruciatrices with his bare fists -- fists that are insured for six-figure sums, in the event they are injured enough to prevent him from playing -- and dislocates the jaw of one and gives the other a concussion. As the two women slump to the ground you can very obviously see the remaining four outside continuing their charge, even though with Nightbird around their numerical advantage is nearly gone.

If they are at all worried that the violinist they have been sent to murder has turned out to be a somewhat tougher customer it doesn't show behind their masks -- yet.

Turn order wrote:-- Sunhawk
-- *Nightbird

-- Excruciatrix Group 2 (hall) x4 (Minion, Defense: +7)

Nightbird is up! :D

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:42 am

kenseido wrote:
If possible, I would like to surge to take advantage of the Stunned condition.

Sure. :)

Remember that you can pick up your sword with a move action.

Return to “M&M Game Room”