Hero Apprenticeship "Initiative" (Closed to New Interest) 3e

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Hero Apprenticeship "Initiative" (Recruiting till 4/29)

Postby whiteprofit » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Evolución wrote:Updated the Ivory Knight here. I think it now fits the concept you were asking for.

Update is good. Thank you.

Ashathor wrote:A magic-user who's personality is altered
Ashathor wrote:A melee-force wielder who is thrust into this new life of super-powers
Ashathor wrote:A clumsy, but very intelligent and good-hearted girl. She was afflicted with a disease since birth

Out of these three I am the most intrigued by the last one. She sounds older to me, somewhere in her twenties or thirties, but new to hero-ing and in need of training. Because 'young heroes' attracts teens, most of the builds have been such, but this could be different if you wanted it to be. She'd have different issues, which could be really neat.

Mr.Sandman wrote:Updated the Doc with his connection to Goldmax. And he would be fine with it, through he never had much to do with religion, he has nothing against any of them.

Looks great. thank you.

Phantom Mouse wrote:I've edited, it its original thread, Juice according to how we were talking here. I've got Goldmax meeting Olliver during one of his episodes, and resulting it in Goldmax giving him a prototype control unit in the form of a jacket.

I've also altered the sheet as we talked about as well.

Okay, build wise, I'm not understanding why you're paying for Presence 2 and then don't have any skills to benefit from it. In 3e, it's cheaper to buy the social skills than Presence. Also, the average person is a 0 in abilities. You have points in every single one, and it's really expensive. I'd drop most of them down to 0 or 2 max, and use the points to distribute throughout skills and advantages.

Story wise, I would switch the events around so that he runs away, lives on the streets, and then causes the electrical explosions and meets Goldmax. That's when he asks him if he needs help and wants to participate in the Apprenticeship Initiative.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby whiteprofit » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:31 pm

Spectrum wrote:I added several more seeds for us to use in the game. Hopefully, I'm helping to flesh her out rather than drowning you in details. I'm struggling between your three paragraph guideline and letting her really flourish.
Shock wrote:Don't worry. I'll read them and summarize for WP if his attention wanders ;}

Man, y'all are certainly keeping me on my toes. The problem is, I'm really, really out of shape. lol.

Weyrd wrote:Banshee

Stats are up for Banshee, but she is 11 point over on pp. I'm going to continue to work on trimming, but suggestions on where to do so (or discoveries of incorrect math giving me more points) would be greatly appreciated.

Powerwise, I tried to model them after a Banshee, but took the stance that they are all the result of vibration control, she just isn't aware of it.

Let me know what you think of if you have any questions.

The insubstantial flight is reeeeally expensive and I don't understand why you're going that route. What part of vibration control makes them insubstantial? And why immunity to suffocation? I don't get it. If this is a link to the mythological banshee, I think a detect: death would be a cheaper, subtler, less 'ghosty' way to do it. I think you've got to pick sound or insubstantial in the powers department. They're too expensive to have together.

Immunity to sound would be good. And maybe an alternate that's damaging as well, if you've got the points.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:36 pm

whiteprofit wrote:
Spectrum wrote:I added several more seeds for us to use in the game. Hopefully, I'm helping to flesh her out rather than drowning you in details. I'm struggling between your three paragraph guideline and letting her really flourish.
Shock wrote:Don't worry. I'll read them and summarize for WP if his attention wanders ;}

Man, y'all are certainly keeping me on my toes. The problem is, I'm really, really out of shape. lol.

Heh, either we'll get you into shape or you'll run me off. I'll try to be gentle. :mrgreen:

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:05 pm

What part of vibration control makes them insubstantial?

Based of what the Flash can do, you know vibrate his molecules so fast to permeate objects. Bit of a stretch to go full insubstantial.

And why immunity to suffocation?

A desire not to have her hold her breath and make fort checks when move through objects, less justifiable with a vibration root power though.

I think you've got to pick sound or insubstantial in the powers department. They're too expensive to have together.

I definitely see what you're saying, and if you're good with it I think I'll go with Insubstantial (and drop the vibration base power vibe and just go full banshee). I've added a close range disruption attack as an AE under insubstantial and added a detect death power. Gave it a quirk that almost makes it like precognition limited to death, but with the exception that when she feels that overwhelming sense of dread some one is GOING to die. There is no stopping it. She also doesn't know who or when, just that it's going to happen nearby...soon-ish.

These changes leave me with 4 extra points to spend, but before I do I got a question about the Attack modifier I have on Insubstantial, since her going incorporeal is a rank 4 effect would that mean that the save on that attack would be like it was against a rank 4 damage effect (except without the damage) and if so would it really be that effective in the level of game we're playing. Just curious if it was worth having. I liked the thought of her being about to phase objects out of peoples hand and that kind of thing, but no sense in having it if it is mechanically unlikely.

Added a picture. Looks a little younger then I was going for, but just don't feel like deep diving on a google image search for a "cartoon punk rock teenage girl"...yeah.

Remembered I still need to get complications up. Will have them up tonight.

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ashathor » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Here's the Growth Heroine's Bio, a bit long and can edit it if needed. I will work on posting her build soon, just wanted to get this out there.

Loren Chamber was afflicted since birth with a decaying disease. It was slow enough for her body to heal it's damage, but overtime it would slowly increase in lethality. It often resulted in occasional outbursts of pain, but otherwise her life had been normal, outside of knowing she was destined to die.

She lived with her parents and two older sisters. Her mother was an engineer, and her father was a police officer. She loved her family, and in her younger years she spent much of her time with them.

Perhaps it was an urge for a cure, but she excelled at science, especially chemistry. When she came to her later teenage years, she began to study her own illness and pouring her effort into finding any other research that could help her, though she found little.

in college, she used all her freetime to find a cure. Most people thought her some weird freak, staying hold up in a lab for so long, but those who knew understood that this was out of self-preservation. She eventually created a reproducable regenerative serum which, while it only delayed her illness, it did help fund her time in college, her research, and eventually small mansion she could use for private research.

By the time she graduated, the pain had become increasingly painful. Now devoting all her time to her efforts, she began acquiring as many legal, illegal, over the counter, and black-market substances and chemicals. As time went on and she delved in more dangerous substances, she began to work in a hazmet suit as the very air in the lab began to haze.

Throughout her research and experiements, all her attempts failed to cure her. It wasn't till the day of her death that she tried one last time. The pain increased by the hour, then by the minute, and then every second. Working through this with determination, a desire to live on, she managed to create one final flask. However, the pain had caused her to work in a subconscious haze, not remembering what she had put in then or now.

With the last bit of effort, she drank her finished product and then collapsed. When she awoke, she realized she was the size of the room and felt more alive than ever. Even the chemicals left in the air she didn't mind and, in some ways she liked it. Eventually she learned limited control over her powers, though she knew that now she can not only live a life that she was denied, but now serve as a heroine for the city calling herself "Chemma Crush".

Of course such ideas are not always pleasent. She had always been clumsy and far from agile, and so her first attempt at being a "hero" led to her crashing into a building, falling unto several food-stalls, and her mask flying off. A few people recognized her, most did not, but from that point on she became known as a clumsy, dangerous giant and often shunned by those who recognized her, along with no longer having a seceret identity she can hide behind. Even her family, though overjoyed, kept a distant relation as her powers would be forced to activate during times of high intense emotions.

Now she seeks acceptance, to those from her old and new life. She strives to show she can do good work, and tries her hardest to ignore the scorn she receives in her attempts. She wasn't sure where to go from here, with little experience in the "hero-business". That is until a man named Goldmax approached her home with an offer that was just what she needed.
Last edited by Ashathor on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Now that I look at some of the other builds; Watchdog is a bit too similar to Jemal's character in that he uses Remote Sensing (Sensory Link) and Mental Communication.

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:16 pm

Typhon

Typhon does not know his original name. As far as he knows, Typhon is his original name.

Typhon's earliest memories are of escape. He remembers a white room, running through a hallway, men with lab coats, pain....Nothing solid, only flashes.

His earliest solid memories are from less than a year ago, where he scavenged the streets and sewers of Freedom City in order to survive. His alien appearance kept him from interacting with normal people, but that same alien appearance blessed him with strange powers, allowing him to survive. He could survive on hunting rats without getting horribly sick, see even in the darkest of alleys and defend himself if he managed to get into fights with street thugs or other criminals. He survived, but it was not a happy life. Typhon longed for a place where he would be accepted, yet most people ran away screaming when they saw him.

Typhon's life began to change for the better when he saw a woman being assaulted by a mugger. Wishing to help, Typhon managed to fight off the mugger, even though the woman ran away in fright at the sight of him. This simple good deed (for a super, anyway) was witnessed by a superhero named Goldmax. Seeing potential in the strange creature, Goldmax told him of a special training program for people like him, where he could be among other "special people" like himself. Typhon leaped at the chance, and went with Goldmax immediately.

Despite his monstrous appearance, Typhon is a friendly (if shy) individual. Those who are not immediately frightened off by his strange appearance will find a kind young man who enjoys monster movies (he would often sneak into theaters while living on the streets), music and simply talking with people his own age. He attends his classes, but usually wears a hooded sweatshirt with the hood up in order to hide himself from the other students.

Typhon - PL 8

Strength 3, Stamina 0, Agility 5, Dexterity 0, Fighting 2, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Startle

Skills
Acrobatics 7 (+12), Close Combat: Claws: Strength-based Strike 5 6 (+8), Expertise: popular culture 4 (+4), Insight 8 (+8), Intimidation 9 (+9), Investigation 5 (+5), Perception 9 (+9), Stealth 7 (+12)

Powers
Chitonous skin: Protection 5 (+5 Toughness)
Claws: Strength-based Strike 5 (DC 23)
Enhanced Muscles: Leaping 3 (Leap 60 feet at 16 miles/hour; Acrobatics Check Required)
Enigmatic Biology: Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison)
Movement: Movement 5 (Slithering, Sure-footed 2, Wall-crawling 2: full speed)
Natural Camoflague: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Blending)
Senses: Senses 6 (Accurate: Olfactory, Radius: Olfactory, Tracking: Olfactory 1: -1 speed rank, Ultra-hearing, Ultravision)
Tail: Extra Limbs 1 (1 extra limb, Advantages: Improved Grab)

Offense
Initiative +9
Claws: Strength-based Strike 5, +8 (DC 23)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 13)
Throw, +0 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 18)

Complications
Amnesia: Typhon has no memory of his life before his escape from the lab. He doesn't even know if he had a life before his escape, or if he we was even created in the lab.
Monstrous Appearance: Typhon has no way of hiding his strange appearance. If he were to wear baggy clothes and a hoodie, he might be able to pass as human for a bit. However, any close look at him in such a disguise will reveal what he truly is.
Motivation: Understanding: Aside from acceptance, Typhon wishes more than anything to find out what he is.
Quirk- strange appetites: When Typhon lived in the streets, he survived on raw pidgeons, rats and other street animals that he hunted personally. Now that he's among friends and given normal food, he still gets the urge to hunt from time to time and prefers to eat meat raw.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 11, Fortitude 8, Toughness 5, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 35 + Advantages 6 + Skills 28 (55 ranks) + Defenses 31 = 120
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:26 pm

jemal wrote:
kenmadragon wrote:Telepathy: You don't need the Mind reading tacked onto it. You already have Mind Reading with a similar drawback to it in your array. So just have Sleective Area Communication with the flaws on it. It's cheaper. And simpler.

It's usable when I'm not actively mind reading with my psychic array, and Mind Reading is the way to get 'responses' from people within the telepathy range.. you speak to them and read their mind for responses. Also this isn't ALWAYS backfiring like her array.
She's been practicing her telepathy, so she has a bit of control over it when she's not using a lot of power.

Ok. Though you could honestly make your power design much simpler by having it as Communication 1 Linked: Mind Reading 2 [extras: Effortless; flaws: Feedback, Limited (Language), Limited (Surface Thoughts)]. This costs 5 PP. You can bring it down with your Check Required drawback if you so wish.

Given that you don't have the Area extra, I doubt that you are really going to be reading the minds of everyone in a 100 ft radius when using telepathy. That'd be akin to psychic overload - bad things happen that way. Plus, the above design is a lot cleaner than what you have right now.

jemal wrote:
Mental Sponge: What? What is the description you gave it, and the Side Effect? Another thing, it's rather badly/incorrectly written as a power, Variable is a standard action activation while the enhanced INT is a free action... And you can't make the Variable power Permanent duration as I recall (Continuous, but not Permanent). You would either need to scrap this power, re-work it, or throw it into the array after reworking it, because it's a bit strange as it is right now.

Description: She subconsciously absorbs information(enhanced int/skills/variable) from everyone else within range.
I forgot it still had side effect on it, I'll have to fix that.
Powers don't have to be the same duration unless they're linked
I didn't make the Variable permanent.
*I think you're under the impression that these powers are Linked, when they are not. They are just gathered together under the same name b/c they have the same descriptor.
Seems fairly straightforward to me.

Ah. Couldn't you simply do better with this by saying: Enhanced Advantage 2 (Beginner's Luck, Jack of All Trades), Variable 1 [flaws: Uncontrollable, Limited]? I dunno, but it seems to me that it's not really necessary for Bittersweet to have. I mean, with the ability of gaining +8 INT and 10 ranks in any skill belonging to a person in 100 ft, she could easily be off the streets simply be out-smarting anyone... I feel like you won't really need this too often. I mean, keep the variable, but the enhanced INT that goes with it is something I would feel uneasy about if I were the GM (whiteprofit could be totally okay with it, but that's my opinion).

jemal wrote:
So innocent: This requires a DC 34 Will save to beat... pretty sure that breaks caps. :wink: If it was Enhanced Trait 8 (Dodge +4, Parry +4), that would be within PL limits. Take the points you save everywhere else to rectify this, because at the moment, it's waaaay over caps.

I just figured it would max itself out at PL Cap. I can put a quirk on the power limiting the DC.

It doesn't max itself. The cap prevents you from getting too much of a discount from the flaw. I mean, you should probably put a few points into Dodge outside your So Innocent power so you can survive AoE's a bit better. I dunno. If you shaved off points in your build, I seriously suggest putting them here.

jemal wrote:
Psionically infused Dress: I don't know why, but this feels more like a Complication to me. It seems more like she has them as normal powers and has the Power Loss (Losing the Dress) complication. You have the points to do that (if you drop the immunity and both the indestructible and always clean features) and it may make more sense that way. Otherwise, anyone who steals the dress can use those enhancements, which doesn't seem right.

Yeah, I thought of doing it as a complication, I switched to the removable to get the indestructible/clean aspects (which are mostly fluff), but I could always just 'say' that the dress is indestructible & clean, I guess.

Just make it a complication. The indestructible and the clean aspects as Fluff as really easy to describe as Descriptors. On the other hand, if you're making it a Device to get fluff you could get through descriptors, you're only shortchanging yourself a Hero Point when you lose the dress. So you might as well just make it a power, grab the Power Loss complication, and if/when you lose the dress, you'll get a Hero Point instead of bub-kiss. Hero Points are infinitely more useful to Bittersweet than fluff if/when she loses that dress.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Added a Connection to Goldmax in my app for Neuron, explaining how Goldmax got Neuron to be a mentor.

Ashathor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ashathor » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Here's Chemma Crush's Build. If I missed something or miscalculated anything, let me know.

Chemma Crush
PL 8 = 120

Strength 0 (+8/12), Stamina 0 (8/12), Agility: -1, Dexterity -1, Fighting -1 (1), Intellect 6, Awareness -1, Presence -1,

= 2 PP

Advantages - 8
-Fearless
-Chokehold
-Improved Hold
-Improved Grab
-Benefit, Independently Wealthy: 2
-Great Endurance
-Advantages Equipment 1
Home (Mansion 2, Laboratory 1, Library 1, Living Space 1)

Skills 8 (16)
Acrobatics 0 (-1), Athletics 0 (+10/+20), Expertise: Scientist: +4 (+10), Expertise: Chemistry 9 (+15), Perception 0 (-1), Stealth 0 (-1/-9/-13), Technology 0 (+6), Close Combat 0 (-1/8/4), Insight 0 (-1), Vehicles (), Intimidate 1 (0/+15/+20), Deception 0 (-1), Persuasion 0 (-1), Treatment 1 (+7), Investigation 1 (+7).

Powers - 75 PP

Chemically Altered - 18
-Regeneration 10
-Immunities 8 (Disease, Poison, Aging, Cold, Heat, High Pressure, Radiation, Descriptor Chemicals)

Array large Threat 41 (42)
Chemical Surge
-Growth 12, (Increased Action 1 Move) (Height: 63', Feet size: 109"/9') = 12 PP
-Power Lifting 5
-Speed 2
-Enhanced Trait 5 Intimidate 10 (+16)
-Impervious Toughness 12.
-Enhanced Trait 5 Close Attack 5

AE Controlled Reaction -
-Growth 8 (16) (Height: 34', Feet size: 60"/5')
-Impervious Toughness 8
-Power Lifting 2
-Enhanced Trait Fighting 2
-Enhanced Trait 7 Close Attack 7
-Enhanced Trait 2 Dodge 2 (+8)
-Enhanced Trait 4 Will 4 (+8)

Crushing Cluts 12 (15)

-A Weighty Pin: Progressive Affliction Str-Based. (Fortitude DC 24 First Dazed, Second Stunned, Third Incapacitated), Limited (Must remain stationary over target to maintain progressive state) Resistable by Strength, Affects Objects.
LINKED
-Heavy Weight
Str-Based Damage.

-AE Wild Swinging: Str-Based Damage, Multi-Attack

-AE Crushing Grip: Str-Based damage
LINKED
-Restrictive Grip
Str-Based Affliction, (Damage DC 22 First Vulnerable, Second Defenseless, Third Incapacitated), Secondary Effect.

-AE Stomp
Damage 6, Burst Area 1,

Offense
Initiative -1
A Weighty Pin: Str-Based Affliction (DC 18/22 Fortitude)
Heavy Weight: Str-Based Damage (DC 23/27)
Stomp: Burst Area 1 Damage 6, (DC 21)
Wild Swinging: Str-Based Damage, multi-attack. (DC 23/27)
Crushing Grip: Str-Based Damage (DC 23/27)
Restrictive Grip: Str-Based Affliction (DC 18/22)
Throw, -1 (DC 15/23/27)
Unarmed +0/+8/+12, (DC 15/23/27)
Grab, +0/+8/+4 (DC Spec 10/18/22)

Complications

Motivations Acceptence: Ever since growing up, she's always been an outcast, finding comfort in her work instead of others. Now with this large change in her life, she feels even more out of place even among other heroes. While she does want to do good, she wants to gain people's acceptence, especially from her family, by showing the good she can do, despite her giant fumbles.

Clumsy: Collateral damage is almost inevitible, often her attacks may hit targets she didn't mean to or not noticing someone before she walks. Whether it's falling on buildings, people, or just all around fumbles, her clumsiness is bound to come up.

Height Clearence: Is mostly powerless if she cannot gain a 'sizable advantage', leading to being useless in combat within tight corriders.

Growing Emotional Problems: Whenever her pulse quickens, whether from excitement, anger, fear, and so forth, she begins feeling increasing pain as the chemicals within her start to pulse through her violently. In order to fix this issues, she needs to grow and thereby loosen the tightly-forming chemicals, or somehow calm herself through these painful moments

Relationships: She loves her mother and father, as well as her two sisters, despite the new distance made between them since her change. She'll do what she can to protect them, even if she can't be be there with them.

Languages
English

Defense - 27
Dodge 11 (+10/+8/+4), Parry 11 (+10/+8/+4), Fortitude 0 (+8/12) , Toughness 0 (+0/8/12), Will 5 (+8/+4)

Power Points
Abilities 2 + Powers 75 + Advantages 8 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 27 = 120

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Onmyouji's background and complications are up.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:04 am

Tonight's the night... we're feeling alright... *elaborate musical number*

Good luck everybody!

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Hero Apprenticeship Program; 3e; PL 8/10 (Recruitment)

Postby Bladewind » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:20 am

Gladius
PL10

Abilities
Strength 11,
Stamina 5,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 4,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 2,
Presence 2

Powers (27 points)
Flight Array:
Flight 13
Alt: Speed 13
Invulnerability: (10 points)
Protection 5, Immunity 5 [Cold, Heat, Pressure, Radiation, Vacuum]
Tactile-Telekinesis: (10 points)
Tactile-Telekinesis: Feature 1 [Exert Strength without moving]
Alt: Disassemble: Transform 4 [Assembled Object into Disassembled Objects; Continuous; Distracting, ; Precise]
Alt: Shield Others: Create 10 [Subtle 2]
Alt: Shockwave: Affliction 10 [(Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless); Burst Area, Extra Condition; Limited - Gladius and targets must be touching the ground]
Alt: Cracking the Whip: Affliction 10 [ (Resisted by Dodge,Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Prone and Stunned); Extra Condition, Line Area; Limited Degree, Limited to targets on an appropriate surface ]
Alt: Gravity Field: Move Object 10 [Burst Area; Limited to Pulling Downwards]
Alt: Singularity: Move Object 10 [Burst Area 2, Damaging; Limited to pulling objects towards him. 1 rank for every ten foot increment. Full Round Action ]
Alt: Gravitic Wave: Damage 11 [Cone Area]
Alt: Gravitic Deflection: Deflect 10 [Burst Area]
Alt: Gravitic Containment: Nullify 10 [Nullify Explosions]

Equipment

Advantages
All-Out Attack,
Extraordinary Effort,
Move-by Action,
Second Chance 1 [Re-roll against Mind Control],
Well-Informed

Skills
Athletics (+11),
Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+9),
Deception 4 (+6),
Insight 4 (+6),
Intimidation (+2),
Investigation 2 (+3)
Perception 6 (+8),
Persuasion (+2),
Ranged Combat: Gravity Powers 6 (+8),
Stealth 1 (+3)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +9, Damage 11
Shockwave +4, Damage 10, Burst Area
Gravitic Wave +8, Damage 11
Thrown Object +2, Damage 11

Defense
Dodge 9,
Parry 10
Toughness 10 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 9,
Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 47 + Advantages 5 + Skills 14 + Defenses 26 = Total 150

Complications
Motivation: Responsibility. Gladius truly believes that his power and origin are a gift that he must use to help others.
Stepping Up: Gladius is a clone of the Centurion. He's not as powerful, but he wears the colors and works to be worthy of the mantle one day. He will step up despite the risk.
Relationship: Gladius and Bankshot have a relationship that has not become common knowledge.

Design Notes
:arrow: This is an excuse to play the 90s style Superboy's powerset if not the personality. As such, I tweaked the DCA build. His powers are telekinetic at their base, but developed into gravitic in nature.
:arrow: Being a legacy of Centurion and not Superman, I was quite at ease to remove heat vision and the super-sensory array.
:arrow: I added Precise into the Transform ability - otherwise it`s pretty useless. This way, it can transform any assembled item into any disassembled item (or at least its component parts). So... I envision pulling a door out of its jam without taking apart the whole building...
:arrow: Everything in the Tactile TK section is an AP of his Strength score. (Except the feature...). I could, if necessary, move the Strength Score itself into an Enhanced Strength trait if people are more comfortable. Six of one, half-dozen of the other though...

Gladius is a clone of an alternate reality Centurion. One that found his way to Earth in one of Dr Mayhem's schemes to find his own home. In time, as he fought to discover his own identity, the young hero eventually proved himself and earned the name that he goes by. He defeated Mayhem at the near cost of his life and was gifted with his current colors afterward.

Since that moment, he goes by the name of Ryan Connors, and while in uniform by the name Gladius. Shortly after the events that forged him, Gladius began a relationship with his classmate Bankshot.

Not long after that, the young hero was swept up into the events of the so-called Time of Crisis. Working alongside heroes and villains to save the multiverse, he discovered that his telekinetic ability was much more, and was actually gravitational in nature. He began to explore and develop powers that continue to deviate from that of his parent.

Now, several years later he is a champion in his own right, turning to teams and allies when needed but mostly working on his own. He is still with Bankshot, but the cases that the two work together on tend to be somewhat rare as Gladius' abilities tend to call on him for larger scale threats. Still, they are few and far between the heroes that impress Gladius more than Bankshot.

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:38 am

Added complications to Banshee and changed the Detect Death to a Death Awareness as that seemed to fit my description of the power better. This however gives me 5pp I need to spend, some of that can go towards increasing my close combat score with Insubstantial Attack if I decide to keep it, but will still have a little to dole out. I'll brainstorm and take a look at it later today.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:07 am

Weyrd wrote:Added complications to Banshee and changed the Detect Death to a Death Awareness as that seemed to fit my description of the power better. This however gives me 5pp I need to spend, some of that can go towards increasing my close combat score with Insubstantial Attack if I decide to keep it, but will still have a little to dole out. I'll brainstorm and take a look at it later today.

If you want her to see death before it happens, I think you'd be better off using Precognition as a base.

Return to “M&M Game Room”