Justice League: The Animated Series (Interest/Recruiting)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
ecar369
Cohort
Cohort

Justice League: The Animated Series (Interest/Recruiting)

Postby ecar369 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:01 am

Decided to finally take the plunge and try my hand at GMing a game. So this will hopefully serve as a chance for me to get my feet wet, while also letting me try out a whole bunch of house rules I've been kicking around. So, as the title suggests, I'm pretty much just going to be running through the whole Justice League Animated Series storyline(s). Nothing wrong with having seen the show or not, but bare in mind that if you have, you might see some of the "twists" ahead of time, so of course, just no metagaming please. Looking for probably 5-6 players. Characters will be Power Level 12, with 180pp.

I tend to prefer characters that have a common unifying theme in mind. Feel free to make your character as simple and straight-forward or as complicated and abnormal as you like; as long as it all makes sense and is built around theme first, I'll probably like it.

Characters don't have to have any established ties to the DCAU, or any DC canon; feel free to make up whatever backstories suit you. Please also include in your backstory about how well-known your character is by the public (or any other parties). Again, no real limits here, just let me know if you've been doing the super-hero gig for years or just donned the cape yesterday.

House Rules/clarifications are as follows:
Power Level:
- Power levels can be traded for 15pp, and vice-versa; no more than 2 power levels higher or lower.
- Max Save DC can be traded off for extra attacks per round, instead of max Attack Bonus. (see Iterative Attack Advantage)

Abilities:
- Each rank of Presence grants one free interaction based Advantage (i.e. Fascinate,Teamwork, Set-up).

Powers and Modifiers:
- Ability-Based (1 Flat Point)- Allows for any one ability modifier to add to an effect's rank for determining its save DC.
- Impervious works like in 2e, Penetrating stays the same.
- Regeneration costs 2pp/rank.
- An effect's duration or action can be changed with Extras/Flaws; +1/-1 pp/rank to go up/down one step for either.
- Enhanced Strength can now be Limited to Lifting and Grabs (as opposed to just lifting).

Existing Advantages:
- Ranks in Defensive Roll can be added as a circumstance bonus to Dodge checks made to avoid area effects, but if so, won't apply to Toughness checks for actually resisting the effect. Also, you can avoid losing the benefits of this advantage while vulnerable by succeeding on a Concentration skill check (DC 10 + damage bonus).
- Jack-of-all-trades does not apply to Knowledge/Expertise skills. For that, use Eidetic Memory.
- Languages is replaced by skill use (see Skills).
- Luck now gives straight hero points, like in 2e.
- Tracking will require Survival checks, instead of Perception/Notice.
- Trance functions like it's 2e version as well, requiring a DC 15 Concentration check to activate and adding your Concentration bonus to your Stamina rank to determine how long you can hold your breath, as well as making Concentration (instead of Stamina) checks to resist suffocation.

Additional Advantages:
- Attack Specialization from 2e is back, but think of it as having the same flexibility as the 3e combat skills.
- Iterative Attack- Grants one additional attack action per round, per rank. It takes a full-round action to use all attack actions. Extra iterative attacks count as extra ranks towards your attack bonus for the purpose of determining Power Level limits. So for example, a PL 10 character with Iterative Attack 2 could have an effect with a +13 bonus to hit, and +5 ranks towards its Save DC. A character may only take Iterative Attack if his/her highest Save DC is below the character's power level.
- Rapid Iterative Attack- Allows for one extra attack from the Iterative Attack advantage to be completed in a standard action per rank. So in order to use all extra attacks in one standard action, your rank in this advantage must equal your rank in Iterative Attack.
- Iterative Move-by Action- Allows for extra attacks from the Iterative Attack advantage to be split up between your normal movement for the round. You must have the Move-by Action, Iterative Attack, and Rapid Iterative Attack advantages to take this one.
- Dynamic Charge- You can change directions before charging, as long as there's still at least 10 feet between you and your target before your final straight line of movement. Each rank in this advantage allows you to change directions one more time before completing your charge.
- Niche Protection- Allows for one (and only one) trait to exceed it's normal Power Level limit by 1 rank. Niche Protection can't be applied to Toughness, any Attack Bonus, or any Save DC. Niche Protection can't be taken more than once.
- Snatch Arrows- You're able to catch and hurl back slow moving projectiles. When someone attacks you with a slow projectile (thrown weapon, arrow, etc.), you may make an immediate opposed check against their attack check as a reaction, using your Snatch Arrows rank as your modifier. If you succeed on this opposed check, you can immediately redirect the attack at any target within the attack's normal range, making a normal attack check with your own attack modifier. You must be aware of the attack in order to use this advantage. Your max rank in this advantage is limited by Power Level in the exact same way as Dodge and Parry.
Built off of [Deflect, Reflect, Redirection, Increased Action 3 (Reaction), Limited (Doesn't Add 10 on Rolls of 10 or Less), Limited (Doesn't Affect Others), Limited 2 (Slow Projectiles), Reduced Range (Close)].
- Sneak Attack- Adds +1 to the Save DC of all effects resisted by either Toughness, Fortitude, or Will (choose one) when attacking a Vulnerable or Defenseless target. Additional ranks either increase this bonus, or apply to the Save DC of effects resisted by different defenses. Power level still limits max Save DC, as usual.

Skills:
- We'll be using 2e skills in their entirety, including the return to costing 4 ranks/1pp. Max skill bonus is still PL + 10.
- Acrobatics and Stealth will be tied to Agility; Drive, Escape Artist, Pilot, Ride, and Sleight of Hand will be tied to Dexterity.
- You can disregard Investigate, anything it might be used for can be chalked up to either Search, or an appropriate Knowledge skill.
- Athletics from 3e will be in use, but only for the jumping, running, and tripping aspects; climbing and swimming will be governed by their individual skills.
- Treatment will also function as it normally does in 3e, except that the Revive and Stabilize functions both require a full-round action.

Combat:
- Full-round actions are back, and effects can be increased to full-round actions through the use of flaws.
- Charging is a full-round action, and functions just like it did in 2e.
- All Grab checks are now opposed checks (including the initial check to establish a Grab), using a Grab modifier of [melee attack bonus + Str bonus]. You can also take Attack Specialization (Grab) (see Advantages) or a Limited version of Enhanced Strength (see Powers and Modifiers) to increase your Grab modifier.
- Escaping from a Grab requires either an opposed Grab or Escape Artist check, instead of Acrobatics or Athletics.
- The Recover action takes a full-round.
- When either attempting or opposing a Trip, a Strength check may be made in place of Acrobatics or Athletics.
- Any maneuver that takes a standard action and has an opposed roll against the target (i.e. Feinting, Tricking, Demoralizing) can be performed as a move action with a -5 penalty.
- Multiple modifier-changing maneuvers can be used at once (i.e. All-out Power Attack).
- Knockback Rules: Any time a character fails a Toughness check by two degrees (inflicting a Dazed condition), they may suffer knockback. Subtract the character's Knockback Modifier (Toughness rank + Growth rank + relevant Feature rank) from the rank of the damaging effect. The target is knocked back that distance value. A result of –5 or less results in no knockback. –4 or –3 means the character falls prone in roughly the same spot. The character suffers additional damage equal to the knockback rank or the Toughness of any obstacle, whichever is less. The obstacle suffers damage equal to the knockback rank; if this breaks the obstacle, the character keeps going the remainder of the knockback distance. If the obstacle is another character, both suffer damage equal to the knockback rank. The character ends up prone and must get back up normally.

Current Applications: Beltran- Crime Fighter by Aerlwyn
The Flash- Speedster (derp) by Adventure Dan
Titan- Powerhouse by Mark Reuter
Rift- Teleporter/Portal Opener by jemal
Draconica- Dragon-like Warrior by SilvercatMoonpaw
Garret Fleaman- Bite-sized Hero by Ashathor
Last edited by ecar369 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 14 times in total.
"Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."

jemal
Hero
Hero

Re: Justice League: The Animated Series (Interest/Recruiting

Postby jemal » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:19 am

First question : Are you looking for people to playtest these houserules and try to find the loopholes, or regular characters made fair and (mostly) balanced?

Cuz I can already see some pretty cheap tricks that could be pulled with some of those rules.

Anyways, a few questions regarding specific rules:
- An effect's duration or action can be changed with Extras/Flaws; +1/-1 pp/rank to go up/down one step for either.
This is pretty much how it already works, or are you saying ANY effect can be altered? IE I could make an attack that takes a move action, or Flight for 3p/rank that I can use as a free action? Or teleport as a reaction? Normally you can modify anythings duration and action "with GM approval"

Additional Advantages:
- Attack Specialization from 2e is back, but think of it as having the same flexibility as the 3e combat skills.
Not sure how this is any different. Attack spec and Combat skills are functionally the same : Pick one attack, gain +2 to hit for 1 pp. *EDIT: Just read the skills section, updated comment there*

- Niche Protection- Allows for one (and only one) trait to exceed it's normal Power Level limit by 1 rank. Niche Protection can't be applied to Toughness, any Attack Bonus, or any Save DC. Niche Protection can't be taken more than once.
So it can apply to dodge, parry, Fort, Will, or any one skill?

Skills:
- We'll be using 2e skills in their entirety, including the return to costing 4 ranks/1pp.
- You can disregard Investigate, anything it might be used for can be chalked up to either Search, or an appropriate Knowledge skill.
- Athletics from 3e will be in use, but only for the jumping, running, and tripping aspects; climbing and swimming will be governed by their individual skills.

I presume between this and attack specialization that you're removing Combat skills entirely? Otherwise 1pp gets you +4 to hit, which is both broken AND makes the attack spec. feat useless.
Also, most skills it's easy to transfer which attribute affects them : Str = str, Int = Int, Con = Sta, Wis = Awe, Cha = Pres..
But there are several 2e skills that use DEX (Acrobatics, Drive, Escape Artist, Pilot, Ride, Sleight of Hand, Stealth), and in 3e we have both dex and agility doing what 2e dex did. Which applies to which skill?

- Any maneuver that takes a standard action and has an opposed roll against the target (i.e. Feinting, Tricking, Demoralizing) can be performed as a move action with a -5 penalty.
That's not a house rule, that's how it works normally in 3e (At least for deception)
- Multiple modifier-changing maneuvers can be used at once (i.e. All-out Power Attack).
That's also not a house rule, it's normal.. though GMs often house rule that you CANT use all-out power attack.

Generally speaking, these house rules are going to make for a some VERY powerful potential.
I also forsee a bit of confusion as people try to remember which aspects they're using from 2e and which from 3e.

Finally, I should point out that there are many people who don't know BOTH editions, and they could be turned off by the mixture.

ecar369
Cohort
Cohort

Postby ecar369 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:40 am

jemal wrote:First question : Are you looking for people to playtest these houserules and try to find the loopholes, or regular characters made fair and (mostly) balanced?

Cuz I can already see some pretty cheap tricks that could be pulled with some of those rules.

Both, I suppose. If there's something obvious you think I missed, please let me know and I'll make adjustments.

jemal wrote:Anyways, a few questions regarding specific rules:
This is pretty much how it already works, or are you saying ANY effect can be altered? IE I could make an attack that takes a move action, or Flight for 3p/rank that I can use as a free action? Or teleport as a reaction? Normally you can modify anythings duration and action "with GM approval"

Yes, that's pretty much what I'm saying; any effect can end up as any action, assuming I see no major problem with it. The 3e rules get a little specific about changing an effect's duration or action with modifiers.

jemal wrote:
So it can apply to dodge, parry, Fort, Will, or any one skill?

Correct, unless there's some other stat I'm forgetting right now. I believe I first saw this Advantage in the Warriors & Warlocks book.

jemal wrote:
Skills:
- We'll be using 2e skills in their entirety, including the return to costing 4 ranks/1pp.

I presume between this and attack specialization that you're removing Combat skills entirely? Otherwise 1pp gets you +4 to hit, which is both broken AND makes the attack spec. feat useless.
Also, most skills it's easy to transfer which attribute affects them : Str = str, Int = Int, Con = Sta, Wis = Awe, Cha = Pres..
But there are several 2e skills that use DEX (Acrobatics, Drive, Escape Artist, Pilot, Ride, Sleight of Hand, Stealth), and in 3e we have both dex and agility doing what 2e dex did. Which applies to which skill?

Yes, the Combat skills are gone; I'll change the wording to make that more clear. I'll also add a specific list with skills where you're not sure which 3e Ability applies, but in general, just follow common sense. Things that require agility or being nimble use Agl, things that require being good with your hands or hand-eye-coordination use Dex.

jemal wrote:
That's not a house rule, that's how it works normally in 3e (At least for deception)

Having just looked at the book, I see no mention of being able to do this for any skill.

jemal wrote:
That's also not a house rule, it's normal.. though GMs often house rule that you CANT use all-out power attack.

You'll notice I said "House Rules/clarifications", I just want to make sure that the players all have a very clear understanding of the rules they'll be playing by.

jemal wrote:Generally speaking, these house rules are going to make for a some VERY powerful potential.
I also forsee a bit of confusion as people try to remember which aspects they're using from 2e and which from 3e.

Finally, I should point out that there are many people who don't know BOTH editions, and they could be turned off by the mixture.

If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Like I said, these are a bunch of rules I wanted to try out. If someone has an issue with them, then this probably isn't the game for them.
"Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."

TempestII
Cohort
Cohort

Postby TempestII » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:07 am

I've submitted a powerhouse/superman-knock-off build in the past that I'm still itching to play in a game.

If you'll consider them, I've got a Kryptonian (that sound you just heard was the sound of everyone groaning after reading those four words) who was a Colonel and a combat engineer in Genera Zods revolution, but whose now a reluctant member of the JL.

ecar369
Cohort
Cohort

Postby ecar369 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:47 am

@Tempest- Hey, there was a Kryptonian on the original team anyway. :P Go for it.

@SilvercatMoonpaw- Absolutely, feel free to make up any backstory or history you like, don't worry about sticking to the DCAU canon.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:50 am

Thinking about a crime fighter/weapon master type. Working on finishing the changes to the back story.

Was going to go with the idea of her being from Earth 2 as i know they had a big thing about the 2 universes merging into one. Kind of the daughter of Richard Grayson (Nightwing) and Rose Wilson (Ravager).

Need to fix the details if i have it down wrong and sort the seven advantages from presence.

Beltran - PL 10

Strength 6, Stamina 5, Agility 7, Dexterity 8, Fighting 11, Intellect 3, Awareness 5, Presence 4

Advantages
Assessment, Attractive, Benefit, Wealth 2 (independently wealthy), Defensive Attack, Equipment 29, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Critical 4: Throwing Feathers: Strength-based Damage 4, Improved Disarm, Instant Up, Inventor, Jack-of-all-trades, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Redirect, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Electronics, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Mechanics, Skill Mastery: Perception, Skill Mastery: Persuasion, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Other
Connected, Contacts, Fascinate (Persuasion), Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+12), Athletics 7 (+13), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise (DEX): Drive 2 (+10), Expertise (DEX): Escape Artist 1 (+9), Expertise (DEX): Pilot 2 (+10), Expertise (PRE): Gather Information 6 (+10), Expertise (STR): Climb 2 (+8), Expertise (STR): Swimming 4 (+10), Expertise: Biology 3 (+6), Expertise: Chemistry 3 (+6), Expertise: Criminology 3 (+6), Expertise: Current Events 3 (+6), Expertise: Disable Devices 4 (+7), Expertise: Electronics 7 (+10), Expertise: Engineering 4 (+7), Expertise: Forensic Science 5 (+8), Expertise: Language 8 (+11), Expertise: Law 2 (+5), Expertise: Mechanics 7 (+10), Expertise: Metahumans 2 (+5), Expertise: Physics 2 (+5), Expertise: Psychology 2 (+5), Expertise: Search 5 (+8), Expertise: Streetwise 5 (+8), Insight 3 (+8), Intimidation 1 (+5), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+10), Stealth 3 (+10), Treatment 2 (+5)

Powers
Enhanced Brain Capacity
- Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Intellect 1 (+1 INT)
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 1 (Advantages: Eidetic Memory)
- Quickness: Quickness 2 (Perform routine tasks in -2 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Mental)

Enhanced Senses
- Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Awareness 1 (+1 AWE)
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 1 (Uncanny Dodge)
- Senses: Senses 8 (Acute: Smell, Danger Sense: Visual, Darkvision, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Extended: Visual 1: x10, Rapid: Hearing 1, Rapid: Visual 1)

Heightened Reflexes
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 3 (Advantages: Evasion 2, Seize Initiative)

Heightened Speed
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Improved Initiative 2)
- Quickness: Quickness 2 (Perform routine tasks in -2 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Physical)
- Speed: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)

Power-lifting: Power-lifting 1 (+1 STR for lifting)

Equipment
Underground Lair
Toughness 14, Size Huge

Features:
Communications, Computer, Concealed 5, Defense System,
Garage, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated,
Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System,
Security System 5, Workshop

Shadowhawk
Strength 8, Defense 6, Toughness 9, Size Huge

Features:
Auto Pilot 1, Communication System 1, Navigation System 1

Powers
- Camo Cloak: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Passive)
- Flight: Flight 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round, Wings)
- Radarbane: Concealment 2 (Other Sense Type: Radio)
Weapon Systems
- Rocket Pods: Burst Area Blast 10 (DC 25; Burst Area:
30 feet radius sphere)
AE Phased Plasma Bolt: Blast 10 (DC 25; Accurate: +2,
Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank)
AE Plasma Bolt: Blast 12 (DC 27)
AE Plasma Pulse Bolt: Blast 8 (DC 23; Accurate 2: +4,
Multiattack)

Offense
Phased Plasma Bolt: Blast 10, +10 (DC 25)
Plasma Bolt: Blast 12, +8 (DC 27)
Plasma Pulse Bolt: Blast 8, +12 (DC 23)
Rocket Pods: Burst Area Blast 10 (DC 25)

Blackhawk
(Alternate of Shadowhawk)
Strength 12, Defense 6, Toughness 12, Size Huge

Features:
Auto pilot 1, Communication system 1, Navigation System 1

Powers
- Armor Plating: Impervious Toughness 9
- Ground Speed: Speed 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
Weapon Systems
- Plasma Pulse Bolt: Blast 8 (DC 23; Accurate 2: +4,
Multiattack)
- Phased Plasma Bolt: Blast 10 (DC 25; Accurate: +2,
Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank)
- Plasma Bolt: Blast 12 (DC 27)

Offense
Phased Plasma Bolt: Blast 10, +10 (DC 25)
Plasma Bolt: Blast 12, +8 (DC 27)
Plasma Pulse Bolt: Blast 8, +12 (DC 23)

Body Armor
- HQ Link: Senses 1 (Communication Link: Radio; HQ)
- Body Armor: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious)
- Wrist Computer: Feature 1

Utility Belt
- Capture Grenades: Burst Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Immobile, DC 16; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
AE Antitoxin: Feature 1 (+5 bonus on resistance checks against toxins)
AE Climbing Gear: Feature 1 (+2 Bonus to Climbing checks)
AE Digital Recorder: Feature 2
AE Electro Knuckles: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 23; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank)
AE Evidence Kit: Feature 2 (A set of tools for use of Gather Evidence/Analyze Evidence)
AE Explosive Grenades: Burst Area Blast 6 (DC 21; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere)
AE First Aid Kit: Feature 2 (+2 Treatment)
AE Flash Bang Grenade: Burst Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Unaware, DC 16; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Increased Range: ranged)
AE Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, Increased Range: ranged)
AE Gasmask: Immunity 1 (Poison)
AE Lockpicks: Feature 1
AE Mulititool: Feature 1
AE Paint Tag Bomb: Feature 1 (Subtle: subtle)
AE Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Suffocation (All))
AE Restraints: Feature 4 (Notes: DC 20 escape, toughness 20)
AE Smoke Bomb: Enhanced Trait 1 (Advantages: Hide in Plain Sight)
AE Throwing Feathers: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 25, Advantages: Improved Critical 4, Improved Disarm; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged [6 extra ranks])
AE Tracer Bug: Senses 2 (Tracking: Visual 2: full speed)
AE Zip Line: Flight 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round; Gliding, Limited: to between two points, Platform)

Offense
Initiative +15
Capture Grenades: Burst Area Affliction 6 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 16)
Electro Knuckles: Strength-based Damage 2, +11 (DC 23)
Explosive Grenades: Burst Area Blast 6 (DC 21)
Flash Bang Grenade: Burst Area Affliction 6 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 16)
Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 6 (DC Fort 16)
Grab, +11 (DC Spec 16)
Throw, +8 (DC 21)
Throwing Feathers: Strength-based Damage 4, +10 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 21)

Complications
Fame
Identity: Secret
The Ethics of Superiority: A preventor of violence by virtue of superior violence. Taking an increasingly curt and presumptuory attitude with people, assuming that she knows better than them, especially when it comes to moral quandries and such.

Languages
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German, Japanese, Latin, Russian, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 11, Fortitude 10, Toughness 9, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 94 + Powers 24 + Advantages 48 + Skills 30 (120 ranks) + Defenses 14= 210
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:26 am, edited 19 times in total.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:16 pm

Could do with the GM letting me know if i made any mistakes so i could fix the concept. I played Beltran in a Skype game and enjoyed the concept so i reworked her to fit into this one.

ecar369
Cohort
Cohort

Postby ecar369 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:35 pm

@Aerlwyn- Well, those are some staggeringly high Abilities. I'm not necessarily against it, but just keep in mind, the way you've got it written right now, your Agility ranks in at low-moderate superhuman, as does your Dexterity, Awareness, and Presence. I get that this is a Costumed Adventurer type character, so several good Abilities makes sense, just make sure that they actually need to be that high to fit your character concept.

Languages is no longer an Advantage, and is instead handled by the Language skill. So to be able to speak 8 additional languages like your character can now, you'd need 8 ranks in the Language skill, costing 2pp, half what you're spending on it now.

Technology is no longer a skill, and will instead be handled by whatever Expertise/Knowledge skill is most appropriate.

In order to use either Connected or Well-informed, you'll need some ranks in Gather Information.

Expertise: Science doesn't really have a place here, and should already be covered by your several other Expertise skills.

The Vehicles skill will have to be separated into either Drive or Pilot, depending on what you want. But assuming your "Shadowhawk" is an aerial vehicle and your "Blackhawk" is a ground one, you would need both.

For your vehicles, I'm not seeing the Autopilot Feature anywhere. What exactly would it be doing? Also, both should have the same speed, but you have them listed as different.

On your Utility Belt: what exactly are your Antitoxin, Evidence Kit, First Aid Kit, Lockpicks, and Paint Tag Bomb doing? What's the point of having a second Commlink? And just to be clear, you have Accurate 2 on your Throwing Feathers, right?

Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Adventure Dan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:59 pm

It might take me a bit to get a build working with the all the house rules, but I'd be interested in playing Wally West.

Slasher
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Slasher » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:25 pm

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=219970

Here's a character I have made already I'd be willing to play. But I don't know about the whole rule mix thing..

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:36 am

The high stats are part of her mothers genetics from the chemical serum she was exposed to. I can drop it down some to be closer to normal human if thats works better.

Autopilot: The vehicle is capable of self-piloting
with its own Vehicle skill of 4 skill ranks per rank in
this Feature (half the usual cost of the skill, since it is
Limited to just this vehicle).

Antitoxin
A chemical compound designed to neutralize the effects
of certain known toxins or venoms. Applying an antitoxin
grants a +5 circumstance bonus on resistance checks
against the toxin.
Antitoxin: Feature (+5 bonus on resistance checks against
toxins) • 1 point.

Evidence Kit
A set of tools for the Gather Evidence use of the Investigation
skill. Removing any circumstance penalties for lacking
proper tools. At 2 ranks, the kit includes the essentials of
a portable crime lab suitable for the Analyze Evidence use
of Investigation as well.
Evidence Kit: Feature (tools, Investigation) • 1 or 2 points.

First-Aid Kit
This small kit contains anticeptic, bandages, and other essential
supplies for using the Treatment skill. Higher ranks
of this Feature may even grant a circumstance bonus to
Treatment, at the GM’s discretion.
First-aid Kit: Feature (tools, Treatment) • 1 point.

Lockpicks
A small set of tools suitable for using the Technology skill
to open locks. It is assumed to include tools for both mechanical
and electronic locks.
Lockpicks: Feature (tools, Technololgy) • 1 point.

Paint Tag Bomb
A small compressed-gas device that sprays an indelible
ink onto the target, making it easier to track down and
perhaps preventing criminals from using stolen goods
or concealing their identities. An Insidious version of this
gadget sprays ink that is only visible under ultraviolet
light. Unless placed for detonation (such as inside a bag
of loot) a paint tag bomb requires an attack check to place
at the target.
Paint Tag Bomb: Feature (paint tag) • 1 point (2 points if Subtle).

Yes that should be accurate 2 on the feathers.

ecar369
Cohort
Cohort

Postby ecar369 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:46 am

@Adventure Dan- Sure thing. Just out of curiosity, would that be comic book Kid Flash, or animated series Flash? And if you have any questions about the rules or need any help with the build, just let me know. :)

@Slasher- Looks like a pretty cool concept, reminds me a bit of Marrow/Spyke. But if you're not ok with the rules I presented, then this game probably isn't for you.

@Aerlwyn- Ah, didn't know there was a serum involved; like I said, if the Abilities make sense for your concept (and it sounds like they do), I've got no beef with them. Just giving your sheet a quick once-over, changes look good. Thanks for explaining the Equipment, that all seems fine. Quick note: You'll need to use the Search skill to first find clues to use your Evidence Kit, and you'll need the Disable Device skill to get through locks with or without your Lockpicks. Search can be used untrained, so if you want you can just rely on your high Intellect for that, but Disable Device can't, so you'll need at least 1 rank.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:00 am

Thanks for the help will change some points around to add those skills.

wulfgar187
Bystander
Bystander

Postby wulfgar187 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:54 am

Well I am interested, but have never played 2e. I have the core book for it and all the DC Adventures stuff so I may have a question or two regarding the 2e rules portion of the character creation. Right of the top of my head...when you say no combat skills then how do we determine our plus to hit and such?

Return to “M&M Game Room”