The Era of Madness (3e) IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby Prof Weird » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Nala the Wanderer
HP : 1
Condition : normal

"I am Nala the Wanderer." she stated to Yandrak between sips of stew, "My family brews many brands of liquors, and I was checking the books of one of the inns. I just happened to be passing through the middle of town square when that wall of darkness came from the south.

What are 'Ravagers' ? Something that comes from that unnatural darkness ? Which would explain why you're so cautious about priests - only something relatively powerful could do something like that.

And by the looks of it, you've been dealing with it for quite some time."
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"

sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot

Postby sirzanek » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:43 am

Vashyk Blackthorn
HP: 1
Condition: Fidgety

As Vashyk slowly stirred the stew, he felt a sense of dread begin to lightly settle on him like the first touch of frost in the late autumn. Even in their worst seasons, the tribe managed to keep a better stock of meat than this. To a hunter, the lack of meat meant one of two things was happening. Either their hosts were too afraid of something to be outside long enough to properly hunt, or that something had scared off or depleted the prey in the area leaving them nothing to hunt. Neither option was encouraging.
"I am Vashyk Blackthorn. I was separated from my tribe, and having no luck finding them, was in the market looking to consult one of the soothsayers. What is going on?"

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Lynda casts a puzzled look at the group. " You do not know what Ravagers are? But that is something everyone knows..." Yandrak narrows his eyes. " This is strange indeed. What market did you speak of? There have not been any for at least a decade now! Ever since the Day of Madness."

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Talon Jendro

Neo-Paladin wrote:Lynda casts a puzzled look at the group. " You do not know what Ravagers are? But that is something everyone knows..." Yandrak narrows his eyes. " This is strange indeed. What market did you speak of? There have not been any for at least a decade now! Ever since the Day of Madness."

"A decade? I just fell asleep in the dungeons of Helwing's Crossing!" Jendro says, pushing aside the stew. "I was just going to take a quick nap, then bust out!" A look of horror crosses the would-be thief's face, "Have we all been asleep for ten years?!?"
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:17 pm

" We just found you on our last scavenger run", Yandrak says, " I was against bringing you in, but Lynda convinced me to take you with us before the Ravagers got you. So you know nothing of what has happened? Helwing's crossing has been mostly abandoned for the last six years."

sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot

Postby sirzanek » Fri May 02, 2014 6:50 am

Vashyk Blackthorn
HP: 1
Condition: Somewhat concerned....

As Talon expressed what all five must have been thinking and their host explained the circumstances of their discovery, Vashyk began to count. Crumbs on the table, boards in the floor, spots on the wall. He found when he was losing his focus on a hunt that a simple distraction could sometimes get him back to the task at hand when his mind was rebelling against the boredom or the stillness. And his mind was most definitely beginning to rebel.
Ten years. He had been gone for ten years. His tribe could be anywhere. It was the very definition of a cold trail.... wait, think like a damn hunter, Vash. Just because the trail you are following goes cold, doesn't mean there isn't a trail to follow. Vashyk interrupts whoever is talking.
"Where exactly were we found and how were we when we were discovered? Anything you could tell us would be the start of a trail. It is unlikely that we simply fell asleep and stayed safely where we fell for a decade. So we were moved. Moving leaves a trail. If we were taken somewhere to slumber in safety, then the act of depositing us where we were discovered would have disturbed the surrounding area, especially moving someone as large his majesty. If we were transplanted by some mystical means from this 'Day of Madness' to here through time, that would leave some kind of mystical trace, would it not? Even if there is no trail, we could find clues as to who or what was responsible for our slumber. We were not near each other, so it was likely not an effect that had a certain area of influence. We are not related, at least that I can tell, so our blood does not connect us. We do not share a particular faith or moral character. We have many questions and only one thing we know. If it is too dangerous for you to guide us to where we were found, a map will do. I, for one, intend on getting some answers," then, looking out the window to confirm his suspicion that it is still night time, "If I can impose on your hospitality for a few more hours, I will leave just before dawn."

OOC- So, are we planning on moving over to the new boards? How is the transition going for everyone? I had no trouble, but I know it has been messy for others.

Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby Prof Weird » Fri May 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Nala the Wanderer
HP : 1
Condition : intrigued, but normal

"If these Ravagers are as dangerous as you imply, I thank you and Lynda for bringing us here."
Nala stated to Yandrak with a polite bow of her head, then listened to Vashyk.

"It seems we've been moved through time, and not space - they found us in Helwing's Crossing.

There aren't many beings that could do something like that; fewer still would be willing to do it unless there was something important to be accomplished.

But Vashyk is right - whatever clues there would be to find should be back at Helwing's Crossing.
And I suspect that travelling at night nowadays is NOT the best idea."

OOC - tried twice to activate account. Nothing after 24 hrs. Created new account over there - still waiting to see if it went through. Figure SOMETHING has got to work eventually !
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Fri May 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Yandrak chuckles, but it's a bitter sound. " Yes, travelling at night is much more dangerous...let us hope the sun comes out soon. Ever since the Day...the Heavens do not behave as they used to do." He looks at you. " I am sorry for having you locked up first, but we needed to see if the Madness had affected you. Black eyes, that's how you can tell who's a Ravager."

EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EPIC » Sat May 03, 2014 10:18 am

Lucius A. Regulus
(HP: 1)

Lucius stood silently contemplating the information they were receiving while he ate slowly. Being transported through time seemed like whimsical fantasy, yet, had they only been knocked unconscious, how could they have remained in one place in the market square unnoticed for so long? He really had no other options than to take them at their word and theory.

He suddenly worried for his family and kingdom, realizing if they had indeed been sent forward ten years, then he will have been missed from the kingdom for that same time. "What of the kingdom capitals? What state do they stand in?"

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Mon May 05, 2014 12:44 pm

" They are all gone", a girl answers from behind Yandra. She is barely 14 and looks dangerously thin, as if a strong breeze could snap her in two. " King Jermos turned into a Ravager and murdered his whole court...half the Royal Guard went insane as well. The cities lie in ruins and there are bands of Ravagers squatting there. Ravagers and worse..." She shudders and falls silent.

Return to “M&M Game Room”