The Era of Madness (3e) IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby Prof Weird » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Nala the Wanderer
HP : 1
Condition : normal

"That would be the most efficient way of getting out of this protective isolation." Nala noted to Lucius, and brought the candle closer to the others to see if their eyes were solid black.
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4580
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:06 am

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:41 am

From what you can see, none of you has black eyes.
While you use the candle, you hear the woman's voice again. " I am s-sorry...but...I must know...is...is anyone among you...a... priest?"

User avatar
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Chelmsford, MA

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby sirzanek » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:13 am

Vashyk Blackthorn
HP: 1
Condition: Wishing he had stayed in the woods


As Nala brought the candle towards Vashyk, he held up a hand to to stall her momentarily . "Some members of my tribe receive gifts from their animal totems. These gifts come with a price, however. These totem marks can be.... unsettling for those outside the tribe." With that, Vashyk pulls back his hood to reveal his totem mark, avian eyes darting quickly back and forth between the faces of his impromptu room mates. "I assure you that this is no more unnatural than one being left handed or hot tempered," the last bit being accompanied by a quick glance to Keith.

User avatar
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 am

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:38 pm

Talon Jendro

"Wait, hang on!" Talon says, walking up to the wooden door. "We're being pretty patient, but now you gotta answer our questions. For one, why are we all here? And why these questions about black eyes? What's going on out there?" He fingers the alchemist bottles at his belt, thinking of just melting away the wooden door and saving everyone in the room a lot of time.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

User avatar
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am
Contact:

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby EPIC » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Lucius A. Regulus
(HP: 1)

The noble takes a look at Vash's eyes out of a sense of curiosity, and while he does find them a little off-setting in their exoticness, he also finds them intriguing. "Exotic, yes, but not solid black as the lady fears."

He rolls his eyes as Talon steps up to the door now to compound the issue of burly male types aggressively demanding the door be opened. "Both of you get over here and have your eyes checked. The sooner you co-operate, the sooner the lady lets us out. There is no reason at all for this aggressiveness, she is clearly concerned for her safety and carrying on that you are a danger to her is not going to help anyone."

Lucius really did not want a fight in these confined quarters, he was much better suited to open areas where he could take advantageous position and blast away. In a small room like this, he'd be hesitant to using his magic beyond embuing his blade, and a close quarters combat with someone of Keith's build was dubious at best.

User avatar
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby Prof Weird » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Nala the Wanderer
HP : 1
Condition : normal

"Ah, yes. I've read about such things in my clerical studies." Nala replied to Vashyk, "Nature and elemental spirits tend to mark those they favor."

She sighed when Talon asked his questions.

"She is just being cautious. Isolating newcomers until it can be determined they are safe is common practice - especially if there is a risk of spreading a disease. Be it natural or supernatural in origin."


She thought a moment before answering the woman outside the door. "I am Nala the Wanderer, acolyte of Logos, the Spirit of Knowledge. I am quite familiar with the rites of most religions in the area, so I suppose I may qualify as a priest. Do you require the services of one ?"
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4580
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:06 am

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:55 pm

" NO!" her voice is suddenly shrill with obvious panic as Nala speaks. From behind the door, you can hear some shuffling and then a male voice, gruff and determined. " Lynda, what are you doing? Didn't I tell you to wait?"
The female voice answers quickly, " They...they are awake...they speak normally, but...but there is a priest..."
" Oh, blood and ashes! Gorun, Kennt, get over here! I'm going to have a look myself."
A moment later, the door is thrown open and a group of four men step into the room. All of them look like experienced swordsmen and all are armed and armored, although said armor looks piecemeal, more scavenged than properly forged.
" Who is the priest?!" the leader of the four barks while the others hold their swords at the ready, casting wary glances at the group, especially their eyes.

User avatar
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Chelmsford, MA

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby sirzanek » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:01 am

Vashyk Blackthorn
HP: 1
Condition: Finding his zen place


Vashyk subtly adjusts his grip on his bow, bringing it from his side to running across his front but still down. Was the world outside his tribe composed of nothing but boar touched mountain hearts? "None of us. The hunter who stubbornly shoots at branches thinking them antlers will bring back nothing but an empty quiver and an empty belly. If one listened to what was said by Lady...Nala?... she is familiar with the rites of most priests and could possibly substitute if one were required. She knows of them and may even be favored by one of their gods, but is not in fact a priest. No more than I am an animal though I understand their ways and can mimic in some small way the gifts of the hawk. Now may we talk with quiet hearts, or is that unheard of in 'civilization'?" Vashyk hopes that the armed men will stand down and see reason, but having seen enough frightened animals in his time, he is not expecting it.

OOC- Ready Countershot with the trigger "the first potentially physically harmful action from either side"

User avatar
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby Prof Weird » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Nala the Wanderer
HP : 1
Condition : normal

"My - what an unusually hostile reaction !" Nala noted to herself when she heard the commotion on the other side of the door.

She took a deep breath and tried to sound calm and non-threatening as Vashyk displayed some very good sense and a good grasp of her status.

"Acolytes of Logos like myself try to understand the world by studying as much as they can about it." she began, speaking to the men that just came in, "You can tell a lot about a culture by what gods they worship, and how they worship.

As I stated, I've studied the rites and beliefs of almost every religion there is information on, but I have never been ordained in any of them. Without that form of official and spiritual recognition, I am not a priest. I have no access to the higher powers and priviledged sacred knowledge that ordained priests do. I could probably perform the rituals correctly, but they would not be binding."
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4580
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:06 am

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby Neo-Paladin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:05 pm

The moment Nala says that she does not have any powers or binding connection to the divine, the men visibly breathe a sigh of relief.
From outside the room, the voice of the woman echoes, " She sounds...normal. And if she is truly not a priestess..." The men step closer to one another, whispering for a moment before the leader steps forward.
" You seem to be...untouched. That's good enough for us. If you want to, you can come upstairs now...maybe get some stew, if there is any left. We have some questions for you."

User avatar
EPIC
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9984
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 am
Contact:

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby EPIC » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:32 pm

Lucius A. Regulus
(HP: 1)

Lucius tensed when the men burst in, his hand raising, but not towards her sword, just hovering slightly, loosely in front of him, and relaxes visibly then the men stand down, letting his hand settle back, casting a look towards Keith and Talon, both men having displayed and aggressive demeanor that might not take well to having weapons raising in front of them, even if not directed at them.

"Aye...food would do well to cool tempers. We may well have questions of our own once you fill us in on what's been happening. A fair exchange of information. We answer your questions, you answer ours."

User avatar
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Chelmsford, MA

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby sirzanek » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:54 am

Vashyk Blackthorn
HP: 1
Condition: Less threatened


As the men lower their swords, Vashyk slings his bow over his shoulder. "Food sounds wonderful, as well as some fresh air. Shall we see what we can piece together about our situation? A rustle in the bushes is frightening, because you don't know what it is. Once you know it is a rabid bear, it is no less frightening but at least you know how to deal with it." Vash then turns to the pouch laden man and the large boar touched mountain heart, "Gentlemen?"

User avatar
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 am

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby dreamking89 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:30 pm

Talon Jendro

The thief's hand quickly went for his Dragonfire Launcher when the doors burst open. Luckily, Nala and Lucius diffused the situation before he used the weapon. "My name is Talon Jendro, the Lord of Crows." He gives them a roguish grin "perhaps you've heard of me."

However, bragging about his thieving 'career' was cut short at the mention of food, and Talon quickly realized how hungry he was. "Stew sounds fantastic!!" He quickly moves to leave the room, sliding his weapon back in his belt.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:55 am

Keith Arma
HP 1
CONDITION: Fine


"About time." Keith said after getting cleared of the "Black Eye" and shoving his way out of the room. "I, for one, should NOT be treated that way, for I am the legendary Boar King! I should be given a feast of fire roasted boar and assorted charred vegetables, but stew would be alright... FOR NOW."
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4580
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:06 am

Re: The Era of Madness (3e) IC

Postby Neo-Paladin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:07 pm

The others keep a wary eye on the group, especially Keith, as they follow you upstairs. Upstairs, you find a larger room, obviously the common room of some inn. A fire is flickering in the old fireplace, being the major light source in the room besides a few candles. There are a few other people in the room, all looking somewhat haggard and bedraggled. As you emerge from the door and the small staircase, they mutter to one another.

The woman named Lynda gestures you to a larger table. As you sit down, the men sit down as well and a moment later, another woman, barely out of her teens, although her eyes do look much older, brings each of you a bowl full of steaming stew. As you stir it, you notice that while there is meat in it, there is not much of it.

" Alright now...", the man who led the others says, " I'm Yandrak...who are you? And how did you end up in the middle of the town square? You were damn lucky we found you before the Ravagers did."


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests