Ultimate Showdown: Tournament Style PRELUDE IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Alex
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Ultimate Showdown: Tournament Style PRELUDE IC

Postby Alex » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:11 am

Elsa was confused: that strange fellow keeps talking to himself! And what does he mean by "movie"? Still, she knows being rude would only makes trouble, and so she keeped talking: "Pleased to meet you, I am queen Elsa of Farendelle. Could I please know your name, warrior?

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:11 am

Deadpool
HP 1, Luck 2
CONDITION: Fine

Alex wrote:"Pleased to meet you, I am queen Elsa of Farendelle. Could I please know your name, warrior?

"PRINCESS!?"

"Do you know what this means?"

"What?"

"We are going to be filthy rich!"

"Ugh... We're in an 'every-man(-and-woman)-for-himself(-or-herself)' tournament. We will have to take her out eventually."

"Oh. Well, at least I have eye candy!"

"*Face-palms self again*"

"So, if you have not heard, let me break it to you in song... (Xero, post the link for me to sing!)"

It's on your character sheet.

"But what IF SHE wanted to see it!"

Her player, Alex, will see it and act accordingly. (At least should, I can only make assumptions.

"Well, don't leave me high-and-dry! DO SOMETHING!" *click*

*sweats rapidly* "Okay, okay, give me a second...

"It only takes a second to pull the trigger."

"Okay, here we go:"

"You had better not rick-roll us! I'll KNOW! AND STOP READING WIKIPEDIA ABOUT MY GAME!"

*click* "That's more like it."

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Alex
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Alex » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:29 am

If Elsa was confused before, now she is completely lost. She was just asking the name of the stranger, and suddenly, he was singing, complete whit instrumental (wich was not that rare in her dimension, but the choir where new.) Still, it would be wise to not offend him. " So it is Deadpool, then? Very nice song..." *awkward silence* " By the way, it's queen, not princess. *even more awkward silence*

Voidrazor
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Voidrazor » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Merlin
HP: 1
Condition: normal

NekoArc wrote:She said then blinked as the old man who walked up to them and spoke. For some reason the old man reminded her of someone she had not seen in a very long time. She greeted him with a smile. "That's alright I don't mind you joining the conversation." she told the old man.

jemal wrote:Dar raised an eyebrow as the old man walked up "And I most certainly don't. It is a pleasure to meet the Legendary mage."
He shifts somewhat to bring his tail around, offering it as a seat. "It's a bit rough, but better than the floor. I'm a planeswalker, I travel the multiverse in search of adventure, fun, and problems to solve. Recently, I made a mistake that.. well, it must be rectified, and I cannot do it alone." His jovial attitude fades somewhat as he continues "My hope is that even if I do not win, I may be able to make some allies to help with the coming troubles, for they will affect us all..."

Merlin winced at the mention of 'legendary wizard', but the expression changed to a rueful grin as he settled onto the proffered tail. "That is very kind of you both. While most of the contestants will likely assume that I practice the art, my hope is to remain somewhat inconspicuous. Yet I would be an ever greater fool to be surprised that my follies precede me."

"What exactly are the coming troubles you speak of Darelzmyr? It is a fell premonition that has caused me to join this competition. But the scale of the disaster is not entirely clear. Might they be related?"

NekoArc
Bystander
Bystander

Postby NekoArc » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:12 pm

Arcueid Brunestud
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

Arcueid took a seat upon the offered tail as well and sat listening, Her smile fading as her face took on a much more serious expression at the mention of a potential problem that might effect her and her world. She knew inherently that she was far away from her home world but if a problem was big enough to reach across dimensions it might very well reach hers. Even if she was broken she was still a part of her worlds natural defenses making this potentially her responsibility. She nodded as she listened Merlin's question.
"Hmm well if it's as bad as you say I might not have much choice but I have to agree I would like to know a bit more about this before I make any decisions "

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:11 am

Goku
HP: 1 LP: 2 Condition: Fine

Deadpool wrote:"Look, I am NOT Spider-Man! If anything else, HE'S the one who is copying my costume!"
"Other than the fact they gave me that Cyclops'es laser eyes, the MESSED ME UP ENTIRELY!"

Goku blinked as Deadpool yelled at him and his eyes darted from the masked face to a spot just over his shoulder and back as Deadpool argued with the voice in his head. "Ooooh. Now I recognize you. You were in that movie where you had swords...then you couldn't talk...then you fought vampires...then you had a magic ring...wow...you're like Piccolo with all those powers...Do you have King Kai talking in your head too?" After a few moments, Goku finally realized Deadpool had shifted his attention to Elsa and the tall Saiyan did the same.

"Oh a princess! I met a Princess Snake once. She made dinner for me then told me she wanted me inside her. It was kind of weird. There was a lot of grunting and I ended up tying her up so I could train to take some stronger guys."

Ohhhh myyyy!

"Oh hi Mr. Takei!" Goku said to nobody apparently.

Elsa wrote:"By the way, it's queen, not princess."

Goku grinned that stupid grin of his again and held out a hand toward Elsa, "I'm Goku. I don't think I've ever met a Queen before. I trained under King Kai and I fought King Piccolo that one time. Oh and I met King Yamma those times I died. And my wife's dad is the Ox King. Does that make me a Prince? So a lot of Kings but never any Queens..."
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Smoke

Postby Evolución » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:30 am

The Lin Kuei warrior decided to make some allies. The fearsome predator, Sar-Karth, seemed like a fitting ally. He approached the creature, remaining a few feet away. Then, pressing his fist against his open palm in front of his chest, he bowed slightly. "Greetings, honourable warrior. My name is Smoke, I wish to speak with you."

Alex
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Ultimate Showdown: Tournament Style PRELUD IC

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:35 am

Elsa was not sure by who was she the most unnerved: the red and black warrior who talked to himself or the orange man who seemed to talk about something that's never conciderered appropriate to talk about in conversation with stranger. It was almost a miracle that the stress did not make her freeze the entire hall. She still needed to whisper to herself multiple times "Conceel don't feel, conceel don't feel ". She then shaken the hand of the strange man: Very... interesting. Pleased to meet you, sire Goku. Now, the reason i wanted to talk to you and Sire Deadpool over here is because, as you can see, there are many strong opponent here, and I don't think my powers are strong enough to defeat all of them, so... she then took the most confident tone one can manage in this situation, and said: i'm proposing a temporary alliance with the two of you until we defeat all our other opponents."

valhalla_bound
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Smoke

Postby valhalla_bound » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:07 am

Sar-Karth, The Predator

Evolución wrote:The Lin Kuei warrior decided to make some allies. The fearsome predator, Sar-Karth, seemed like a fitting ally. He approached the creature, remaining a few feet away. Then, pressing his fist against his open palm in front of his chest, he bowed slightly. "Greetings, honourable warrior. My name is Smoke, I wish to speak with you."

Sar-Karth looked down at the Ninja known as Smoke, he hesitates and speaks, "...Greetings Smoke..." Noticing that Smoke seemed to understand him he relaxes slightly. "What would you like to speak of?" Sar-Karth notices that Smoke, like many others here, does not seem to carry any weapons. "You must be a great Warrior to go about unarmed. You will earn much honor here I feel."

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Smoke

Postby Evolución » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:00 am

"My weapons are not easily seen by the naked eye, great one. I appreciate your vote of confidence. My wish was to discuss a possible alliance of sorts, as you can see many of our rivals have already made battle arrangements, and I feel that without a war brother no lone warrior would ascend to the top. Of course our agreement should be finished if we are the only two contestants left, at which point only the more skilled and honourable warrior shall prevail. But until then, we could face adversity as one. What are your thoughts on this, mighty one?" Smoke speaks with unnerving calm and serenity.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:19 am

Goku
HP: 1 LP: 2 Condition: Fine

Elsa wrote:Very... interesting. Pleased to meet you, sire Goku. Now, the reason i wanted to talk to you and Sire Deadpool over here is because, as you can see, there are many strong opponent here, and I don't think my powers are strong enough to defeat all of them, so..i'm proposing a temporary alliance with the two of you until we defeat all our other opponents."

"Hey, that sounds like fun. I'm used to teaming up. Although it'll be weird to work with people before half of them die." He scratched the back of his neck a bit nervously, "That does seem to happen a lot... Maybe my best buddy Vegeta's interested too. Or that guy over there." He pointed at the Grim Reaper and waved, "He looks familiar and I think he has a face you can trust."

Then he looked back to Elsa and flashed her a goofy smile. "Don't worry! If you die, we can just wish you back by collecting the Dragon Balls!" He said the last rather loudly, probably loud enough to be heard by any dragons in the vicinity.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

valhalla_bound
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Smoke

Postby valhalla_bound » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:24 pm

Evolución wrote:"My weapons are not easily seen by the naked eye, great one. I appreciate your vote of confidence. My wish was to discuss a possible alliance of sorts, as you can see many of our rivals have already made battle arrangements, and I feel that without a war brother no lone warrior would ascend to the top. Of course our agreement should be finished if we are the only two contestants left, at which point only the more skilled and honourable warrior shall prevail. But until then, we could face adversity as one. What are your thoughts on this, mighty one?" Smoke speaks with unnerving calm and serenity.

"I hunt by stealth. If you feel you too can be stealthy then I have no problem with hunting with you." Sar-Karth bow's slightly.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Smoke

Postby Evolución » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Smoke simply vanishes from sight instantly in a puff of smoke.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:57 pm

<Merlin, Arc, Dar>
"I shall attempt to make a long story.. well, Less long at least.. I have always had a curious nature, so when in my travels I came across a Plane that had been locked shut by powerful forces, I was unable - despite common sense - to tear myself away. It took me three years to break down the barrier - from the other side, it would have been impossible, but the magic was designed to keep something in, not out. That should have warned me off, but.. Well, I've never been able to turn down a perceived challenge."

Clearing his throat, he continued
"Anyway, I broke in and discovered an entire realm over-run with hideous, abominable creatures who seemed to exist only to destroy and consume. Strange, mutated bodies, long whip like tails, armoured crests for heads. They were everywhere. As soon as I entered the plane I was beset by them. At first I was able to hold them off with my magics but.. there were more and more of them each minute, each creature more terrifying than the last, and as each showed up, the others grew stronger, as though absorbing the traits of the newly arrived until finally they devoured my magical shields and set upon me. That was when BROB appeared to me, and offered me this chance to undo what I had done."

Dar sighed "I have visited over a thousand realms, and I believed with little pretension that I was one of the most powerful beings in all the planes, yet by the time those beasts set upon me, each of them was nearly my equal. I could have escaped without BROB's assistance, but to what end? Allow this scourge to beset all of creation? No, that I cannot allow."

"Don't worry! If you die, we can just wish you back by collecting the Dragon Balls!" He said the last rather loudly, probably loud enough to be heard by any dragons in the vicinity.

Dar looked over oddly at the man in the orange suit, shaking his head "Intriguing that he would speak so nonchalantly of Death and a dragons wish.. Most do not so readily accept that death is but a transition, and one that can be reversed, but a mere dragons wish will not stop these things." He grinned ruefully "at least, mine didn't."

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:15 pm

<Goku, Elsa, Deadpool>

"OH NOW He remembers me!" Vegetta's voice is heard from the side "Too late, Kakarott, I'm going to crush you as soon as that damn bell rings.. or however they start this tournament!" The short spikey-haired man turns and stomps away, a small path clearing as though being physically shoved aside by sheer anger.

As they return their attention to each other after the angry-man's departure, a chill seems to creep through them as a gaunt man in black appears out of the crowd behind Elsa "Oh come now, My dear.. surely you don't want to ally with such obviously troubled individuals. They seem made for each other, wheras you, my lovely frosty queen, are soo obviously meant for more."
The man bows before her and smiles, though it seems more ominous than anything else. "I can guarantee you, my queen, that life with these two will be frustrating, dangerous, and quite against your better judgement.. You can already tell, yet you seem so willing to ignore your instincts. Are your instincts not telling you that we would make a much better team?"

He stops, putting a hand to his mouth as though embarrased "Oh but where are my manners, I haven't even INTRODUCED myself. I've been called MANY things through the ages.. Master of shadows, King of Darkness, Lord of Nightmares.. But most just call me 'the Boogeyman'. You, however, my sweet frozen queen, can call me by my given name if you so desire : 'Aleister'."

Return to “M&M Game Room”