Ultimate Showdown: Tournament Style PRELUDE IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
jemal
Hero
Hero

Ultimate Showdown: Tournament Style PRELUDE IC

Postby jemal » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:37 am

The Hall was massive, easily able to accomodate the hundreds of.. 'diverse' beings currently inhabiting it. Some of them eyed others warily, seemingly ready to snap into combat at an odd glance, but they all knew that such a thing would get them violently 'expelled' by their host, who had already proven his near-omnipotence with some flair.

As though summoned by that collective passing thought, a cloud of light flits above the heads of the crowd, to coalesce into the form you've all become familiar with. To each set of eyes, he appeared different.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, Droids, and other assorted life forms. Welcome to the 7th official Interdimensional Combat Tournament. You all know me, your host and benefactor, BROB the Producer. I will be overseeing the games and acting as a sort of.. referee. Now, there aren't MANY rules, so the 'less cerebral' among you need not despair, but we DO have to go over them before the games begin."
His voice was clearly heard by all despite the size of the room and din of the gathered crowd, and he spoke in each listeners native tongue.

"Rule number 1 : NO fighting or using your powers on others while in here. This building is my home, and is the ONLY safe zone on the island.. On that note, I would remind you not to attempt to enter or remain in the safe zone while the fighting is going on. I have viewers to worry about, and cowards are not crowd-pleasers.

Rule number 2 : Don't Torture beaten opponents. Kill them or subdue them, but undue torture will be punished.

Rule number 3 : There can be only one... Well, in the end. Until then, feel free to work with or against whomever you desire, but remember that only one of you will take the prize in the end.

Each 'round' will have it's own specific rules as well, but those will be explained to whomever is remaining to hear them.

Now, as for the FIRST Round - I managed to recruit more than I had initially hoped, and so we will be having an.. elimination round if you will. You will be released onto the island, to fight and prove yourselves, eliminating the competition until 100 of you remain. Oh, and for those who may have the bright idea of just hiding somewhere and waiting it out - you COULD do that, but there will be incentives to participating in the fighting. The board over there has the details for those who care.

The First Round will begin in one hour, at sun up. You have until then to.. mingle. Get to know your enemies and, possibly, temporary allies. Also try to enjoy the refreshments - it may be a while before you get to relax again."
With that, BROB bows and disperses into a burst of light.

Around the hall, beings begin eyeing each other up. Conversations spring up as they try to learn, to feel each other out, to assess the competition.

As Goku looks around, he hears a familiar grunt behind him
"Of course YOU would be here, Kakarot. Wouldn't be a proper tournament without you providing at least a little competition for me."

Deadpool, how you doing? Did you think I'd forgotten about you? There's a guy looking at you, feels like a kindred spirit. Crazy, psychotic, dangerous... but he's dressed like a clown..
"Psht.. What a Joker."

Near the center, a man in an advanced suit of armour is speaking to what seems to be a mass of tentacles.
Off to the side, a large DRAGON lays with it's tail twitching slightly, eyeing those nearby like a cat picking out it's next chew toy.
In one corner, an old man sits patiently watching the crowd, a staff bobbing in the air as it floats above him.
An angel with a golden sword is perched on the Chandelier, frowning down at the crowd.
Against the wall is a gaunt man who is quite unnerving just to look at, and seems to flit in and out of the shadows as though he were a part of them.

Over by the 'scoreboard' several have gathered to read, one of them a tall statuesque human in a blue and red suit with a large S on his chest. As he reads the board, a jaw-droppingly beautiful blonde woman in a green outfit approaches and places her hand on his arm, whispering something into his ear. As she does, a loud Buzzer sound penetrates the hall, and BROB reappears above her. "Enchantess! Congratulations on being the first to try my patience." He waves a hand and she is suddenly hanging gagged and bound upside down from the chandelier, swinging slowly back and forth above the crowd. "You'll be released when the first round starts" his statement is followed by a ripple of laughter. "Oh I wouldn't laugh too hard. The next to test me will BE the Chandelier.. permanently." His body disperses again as the last word reverberates throughout the hall.

Feel free to use any colours you like for your characters speech. There are so many personalities here that most will not get colours to 'themselves'.

Please describe your own characters appearance and demeanour, and note that the NPCs I pointed out are just a sampling. If you want to look for someone specific that your character may know about, or search for specific type of 'ally' - or group with other PC's, post up that as well.

I had a couple 'meet ups' in mind that I wanted to see, so a few of you have specific 'call outs'. You may choose to ignore them if you wish, though that would Probably anger them. ;)

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Ultimate Showdown: Tournament Style PRELUDE IC

Postby The_Watchman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:09 am

Goku
HP: 1 LP: 2 Condition: Fine

It seemed like it had been only a few moments ago that Goku had greeted his son's heartfelt request to go fishing with a dismissive, "Can't now. Going to a tournament. Bye son!". The man with strange spiky black hair was dressed in his typical orange and blue gi adorned with the kanji for King Kai. Once BROB started speaking, Goku quickly lost interest in listening. He began looking around the crowd and studying the other fighters. As he did, he was eating a large blueberry muffin that he had somehow acquired despite there being no apparent food anywhere around him.

Hearing the familiar voice, Goku turned around and looked down to the short Saiyan. A big, goofy smile came on his face and he spat out some of the muffin as he shouted, "Vegeta! Hey best buddy! I didn't know you were here. Did Napkin offer you baconwichs too? Do you want to team up like we did before Freezer killed you? Remember that? When Freezer killed you? Huh Vegeta? Vegeta? Vegeta?"

But before giving the other Saiyan time to retort, Goku caught sight of someone else and hurried over to Riddick. "Tenshinhan! You're here too?! Is Chiaotzu here?! Oh, or Krillin? I see Piccolo...no...wait...that's a different yoshi..."
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

VampGuy
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby VampGuy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:13 am

Riddick

The man above him spoke in a clear, intelligent voice, explaining his reasoning for having him brought here as Richard B. Riddick surveys the room, taking in the crowd of "contestants" while simultaneously scanning for any exits.'So they think I'm gonna play along......put on a show?' Riddick thought to himself as he began to meander among the crowd, ending up against the wall and watching everyone else talk, 'the only thing I'll show'em is a disappearing act'

Suddenly a guy with crazy spiked hair and an orange jumpsuit runs up and starts rattling off at the mouth
The_Watchman wrote:"Tenshinhan! You're here too?! Is Chiaotzu here?! Oh, or Krillin? I see Piccolo...no...wait...that's a different yoshi..."

Riddick's right hand slips to his blade as he responds cooly "I'm not the guy you're looking for"
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam" -- I'll either find a way or make one

Current Games and Characters:
Ultimate Showdown:Riddick

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:33 am

Deadpool
HP 1, Luck 2
CONDITION: Fine

BOAAAAAARRRRRIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG! Deadpool yelled out after BROB announced the rules.

"You know, those rules will be important."

"As long as I get my three wishes, nothing else will matter."

"Ooh, I can wish for an infinite supply of fresh chimichungas!"

"But only if we win."

"Does anybody else have anything to say? What about you, Xero Khan?"

XeroKhan wrote:Uhhh, why are you asking me? I'm the person who's playing as you.

"Exactly. Besides, you still owe us for the whole 'no Teleportation Belt' deal."

[quote="XeroKhan]*Facepalms self* "Whatever, just go mingle, please."[/quote]

It was then that Deadpool began looking around the area to see who to talk to, when he-

"Ho. Ly. BROB. It's Son Goku! It's freaking Son Goku!"

"I want his autograph!"

"Well, it looks like he will be one of our opponents. Stay frosty."

"Like that chick over there?" (Deadpool points to Elsa with his thumb).

"TOO SOON!"

"Let's go meet him!"

Deadpool then shoved his way through the deluge of other contestants to arrive beside Goku and... some bald dude. Deadpool then grabs Goku's hand and starts shaking it, saying,

"You are one of my most favorite people to exist! May I have your autograph when this is all over? Did you kill Freeza yet? Have you fought Cell? Did you even meet Majinn Buu yet?"

"That may be a bit too soon for him."

"Why's that?"

"Well, I did overhear him saying how Freeza killed his friend back there."

"Ooh, I still don't get it."

"And you never will."

"So, did'ja, did'ja, did'ja?"

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Goku
HP: 1 LP: 2 Condition: Fine

Riddick wrote:"I'm not the guy you're looking for"

Goku's smile faded for a second at the realization but the childlike grin quickly reasserted itself. He stuck out a hand to Riddick. "Oh. That does explain why you only have two eyes. And your clothes. Anyway, I'm Goku."

He blinked as the arm extended to Riddick was grabbed by the merc with a mouth.
Deadpool wrote:"You are one of my most favorite people to exist! May I have your autograph when this is all over? Did you kill Freeza yet? Have you fought Cell? Did you even meet Majinn Buu yet?"

"I think so. But then he came back. But then Trunks blew him up. He's Vegeta and Bulma's kid. But don't tell anyone." The last bit he added in a not-at-all quiet conspirational whisper. He turned his head and said,"I haven't met the others yet. Unless it was in one of the movies. But I'm not sure those are canon..." Then a light finally went on inside his head and his eyes went wide, "Oh my Kami! You're Spider-Man! I love your movies. Especially the one where you dance!"
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

valhalla_bound
Bystander
Bystander

Postby valhalla_bound » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Predator

The hunter known as Sar-Karth by his people stood in a corner scanning the crowd, getting a feel for his opponents. He understood the rules but was unsure of how. He was certain that BROB was not speaking his native language.

He crossed his arms over this thick chest. The mottled grey, brown and green of his skin glistened in the artificial light. The anticipation of the hunt filled him, and a slight edge of apprehension. Young and bold he had left his tribe with the blessing of the Elders, saying if he won, he would earn great honor. But his race had not been aware of... the multitude of races here. He saw creatures of myth and legend. He had indeed come to a gathering of great warriors and was eager to prove his place as the first among them.

NekoArc
Bystander
Bystander

Postby NekoArc » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Arcueid Brunestud

HP: 1
Condition: Amazed.

The beautiful blonde stood in awe for a moment as she listened to the announcement of the rules. She stretched a bit then smoothed out her long purple skirt and her white sweater turtle neck as if waking from a long nap,

"Wow.... so many people." She uttered to no one in particular as she looked around the massive hall. Dragons, people in strange outfits some of them even flying... She would have thought it was a dream but, her dreams had been no where near this interesting.

Arcueied smiled brightly as she walked around exploring . It was the first time in a long time she had been able to breath without pain and move freely. It seemed whatever BROB had done to bring her here had somehow lessoned her bloodlust. Even though it had left her weakened she still felt better that she had in a long time.

She walked up to the massive dragon blinking "Wow It's been a long time since I saw one of your kind; Hi my names Arcuied what's your?" she asked with a smile.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:24 am

valhalla_bound wrote:Predator
The hunter known as Sar-Karth by his people stood in a corner scanning the crowd, getting a feel for his opponents. He understood the rules but was unsure of how. He was certain that BROB was not speaking his native language.

He crossed his arms over this thick chest. The mottled grey, brown and green of his skin glistened in the artificial light. The anticipation of the hunt filled him, and a slight edge of apprehension. Young and bold he had left his tribe with the blessing of the Elders, saying if he won, he would earn great honor. But his race had not been aware of... the multitude of races here. He saw creatures of myth and legend. He had indeed come to a gathering of great warriors and was eager to prove his place as the first among them.

As the Yautja studied those around him, he felt a tingle go up his spine, as though someone were staring at him from behind.. which was impossible, as he was standing in the corner. Nonetheless, he couldn't shake it. After a moment, he turned, peering behind him, ready for ambush, but sure enough nothing was there. As he turned around, though, a figure was standing where none had been before. A large humanoid skeleton dressed in robes and carrying a scythe, it nodded to him. It pointed one bone finger at Sar-Karth, then at itself, then drew that finger across its neck and swept its arm to include the rest of the room.

The_Watchman wrote:Hearing the familiar voice, Goku turned around and looked down to the short Saiyan. A big, goofy smile came on his face and he spat out some of the muffin as he shouted, "Vegeta! Hey best buddy! I didn't know you were here. Did Napkin offer you baconwichs too? Do you want to team up like we did before Freezer killed you? Remember that? When Freezer killed you? Huh Vegeta? Vegeta? Vegeta?" But before giving the other Saiyan time to retort, Goku caught sight of someone else and hurried over to Riddick. "Tenshinhan! You're here too?! Is Chiaotzu here?! Oh, or Krillin? I see Piccolo...no...wait...that's a different yoshi..."

"What? Did all those ressurections scramble your... HEY, I'm not finished with.. WHAT THE HELL?!?" Vegeta shouted as Goku walked away. Growling with barely... scratch that, UNcontrolled rage, Vegeta turned and stalked off, visibly trembling with fury.

NekoArc wrote:Arcueid Brunestud
She walked up to the massive dragon blinking "Wow It's been a long time since I saw one of your kind; Hi my names Arcuied what's your?" she asked with a smile.

The massive dragon looked down at her, it's head inching closer, lips parting as though it were savouring the idea of devouring her. When it was a mere foot away, it finally spoke "My name is Darelzmyr Cierrelyx." He broke into a grin as she didn't flinch. "But you can call me Dar." He sniffed at her and quirked his head to the side "A vampire that doesn't smell like blood and death.. Not a first, but definitely Rare. So I take it you're not as bloodthirsty as most of your cousins? I can relate."

Voidrazor
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Voidrazor » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:40 am

Merlin
HP: 1
Condition: Wary

A withered and stooped old man with a white and grey waist length beard shuffled with arthritic slowness through the crowd. Wearing only a plain robe, faded by time from black to grey, he leaned heavily upon a battered walking staff. Without seeming to have any particular destination in mind he ambled up to Arcueid and the dragon.

"It is often and truthfully said, that timing is the wheel upon which all matters of importance turn. Thus, I dearly hope that my interruption not not mark an inopportune moment. Yet, the opportunity to converse with one of the fire-souled is a rare one. And I hope that I can be forgiven for seizing it." He turned to Arcueid and sketched a brief bow. "Milady."

NekoArc
Bystander
Bystander

Postby NekoArc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:09 am

jemal wrote:The massive dragon looked down at her, it's head inching closer, lips parting as though it were savouring the idea of devouring her. When it was a mere foot away, it finally spoke "My name is Darelzmyr Cierrelyx." He broke into a grin as she didn't flinch. "But you can call me Dar." He sniffed at her and quirked his head to the side "A vampire that doesn't smell like blood and death.. Not a first, but definitely Rare. So I take it you're not as bloodthirsty as most of your cousins? I can relate."

Arcueid seemed entirely unconcerned as the dragon leaned closer. "Well it's nice to meet you Dar. I am a different sort of vampire, and as for the blood lust... well I am working on that." she admitted a with a bit more seriousness. "So what brings you here; what are you going to wish for?" she said returning to her previous cheerfules.

She said then blinked as the old man who walked up to them and spoke. For some reason the old man reminded her of someone she had not seen in a very long time. She greeted him with a smile. "That's alright I don't mind you joining the conversation." she told the old man.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:21 am

Dar raised an eyebrow as the old man walked up "And I most certainly don't. It is a pleasure to meet the Legendary mage."
He shifts somewhat to bring his tail around, offering it as a seat. "It's a bit rough, but better than the floor. I'm a planeswalker, I travel the multiverse in search of adventure, fun, and problems to solve. Recently, I made a mistake that.. well, it must be rectified, and I cannot do it alone." His jovial attitude fades somewhat as he continues "My hope is that even if I do not win, I may be able to make some allies to help with the coming troubles, for they will affect us all..."

Alex
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Alex » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:30 am

Elsa was quite nervous, to say the least. Not only was she currently standing in a room filled with strangers, but they almost all looked dangerous, angry or just plain strange. Like that red and black strangely dressed man who was seemingly talking to himself. Almost regretting having accepted the wizard's offer, she decided to break the ice (ba-dum tish!) by talking to the insane-looping fellow: "Hum, greetings?

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Smoke

Postby Evolución » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:10 pm

Smoke remained silent and observed the gathering around him. He had one goal, to win and get his revenge. But there was so many opponents... He spotted several conversing, perhaps, he thought, making alliances to get to the top spots. It might be wise... But not yet. He remained silent and observed what the naked eye couldn't.

OOC: Trying to use the Eye of the Lin Kuei (Senses: Magical. Counter all concealment) to see if there's something more than meets the eye.

valhalla_bound
Bystander
Bystander

Postby valhalla_bound » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:29 pm

As the Yautja studied those around him, he felt a tingle go up his spine, as though someone were staring at him from behind.. which was impossible, as he was standing in the corner. Nonetheless, he couldn't shake it. After a moment, he turned, peering behind him, ready for ambush, but sure enough nothing was there. As he turned around, though, a figure was standing where none had been before. A large humanoid skeleton dressed in robes and carrying a scythe, it nodded to him. It pointed one bone finger at Sar-Karth, then at itself, then drew that finger across its neck and swept its arm to include the rest of the room.

Sar-Karth shivered and nodded at the specter. Death came to all beings, and he would bring death to many of those here. Perhaps; if he proved too weak he would pass and hunt in the beyond.

The 7 foot Sar-Karth moved among the crowds, listening to the conversations. Still not sure how he understood them. He saw figures among the group that gave off no heat, he saw a tall muscular humanoid with spiked hair, a shorter muscular humanoid with similar hair. A winged serpent. A human, with a bald head and knives stood a little off to the side. Sar-Karth approved of the mans weapon choice. He would earn much honor.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:53 am

Deadpool
HP 1, Luck 2
CONDITION: Fine

The_Watchman wrote: Then a light finally went on inside his head and his eyes went wide, "Oh my Kami! You're Spider-Man! I love your movies. Especially the one where you dance!"

Deadpool just stood there, wide eyed at Goku's calling him 'Spider-Man'. Then, getting into Goku's face, the Merc with the Mouth said,

"Look, I am NOT Spider-Man! If anything else, HE'S the one who is copying my costume!"

"Maybe he does not know who we are?"

"How about we mention our movie appearance?"

"NO!"

"NO!"

NO!

"Why not?"

"Other than the fact they gave me that Cyclops'es laser eyes, the MESSED ME UP ENTIRELY!"

It was then that somebody interrupted him.

Alex wrote:"Hum, greetings?

"Who's she? She's pretty."

"You had better not get the wrong idea there."

"What!?"

"Wait, don't I know you?"

"You pointed to her earlier."

"Oh, right! And, you are...?"

"I KNOW HER! SHE'S FROM THAT ONE MOVIE!"

"Which one?"

"What was it... Iced? No. Cooled? No. I know it's definitely not Frozen..."

"Ugh... It's Frozen you idiot."

"Really? I could not have guessed that better."