Justice League Gone (3e OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Justice League Gone (3e Recruiting)

Postby McGuffin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:27 pm

I'm still trying to simultaneously build both Master Chief John-117 and my stealthy warrior khajiit Dragonborn from Skyrim. Mostly which one I'll submit will come down to which build works out the best, barring any preferences from XeroKhan, of course.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:29 pm

dreamking89 wrote:Am I the only one who plans on submitting a video game character like the original concept suggested?

Drothgery's submission is a video game character. And I could always add a Complication for Spider-Man about his compulsive need to rescue lost balloons...
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:33 pm

The_Watchman wrote:
dreamking89 wrote:Am I the only one who plans on submitting a video game character like the original concept suggested?

Drothgery's submission is a video game character. And I could always add a Complication for Spider-Man about his compulsive need to rescue lost balloons...

we could all get a complication on what level if difficulty the game is set and the tutorial so we can learn our abilities and control. :twisted:
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:36 pm

@McGuffin: The usual canon Dragonborn's race is a Nord, but we are dealing with a Multiverse. But, whichever character you feel would be the most fun to play, play that one.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:39 pm

Shadow13 wrote:we could all get a complication on what level if difficulty the game is set and the tutorial so we can learn our abilities and control. :twisted:

Let's hope we don't get any classic Nintendo characters or anybody from Dark Souls then...
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Well, there have been a myriad of Marvel super hero video games. I know that Beast was among the X-Men in at least one of them.

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Am I the only one who plans on submitting a video game character like the original concept suggested?

I'm also still working on my Witch Doctor build from Diablo 3.

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:18 pm

Shadow13 wrote:
The_Watchman wrote:

we could all get a complication on what level if difficulty the game is set and the tutorial so we can learn our abilities and control. :twisted:

My Celes obviously spent some timing killing dinosaurs for fun and profit; she has an Economizer and knows Ultima ...
Dave Rothgery
long time lurker, only recent poster ...
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

VampGuy
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby VampGuy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Jumping in to this if there is room.

Gonna build Cole McGrath from the InFamous series
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam" -- I'll either find a way or make one

Current Games and Characters:
Ultimate Showdown:Riddick

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:37 pm

XeroKhan wrote:@ALL: To be honest, I did not expect so many Marvel superheroes to be submitted. I originally thought that you guys would submit not as many Marvel heroes. U^_^

I think Shadow, Mark, and I just happened to be the first crop. All the other submissions and proposals have been for non-Marvel characters from what I've seen. Apologies if I missed someone.

Full Builds
Spider-Man (Ben Reilly)- The_Watchman
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)- Shadow13
Celes Chere - drothgery
The Beast - Mark Reuter
Soma Cruz -dreamking89
Splinter - neo-paladin

Proposals
Starkiller, Sub-Zero or the Prince of Persia - wulfgar187
Eddie Riggs - jemal
Dovahkin or Master Che(i)f - McGuffin
Lightning - Nareik123
Kamen Rider W - metool2
Cole McGrath - VampGuy
Witch Doctor - Weyrd
Last edited by The_Watchman on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Builds

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Soma Cruz
Dracula Reborn

Soma used to be a normal exchange student in Japan until he went to the Hakuba Shrine to watch the solar eclipse of 2035. This event changed his life forever when he found himself suddenly teleported to the gates of a great European castle. It was here that Soma discovered his strange powers, along with encountering numerous horrific monsters. While trying to figure out a way out, Soma learned that he was in Dracula's Castle, the ancient battleground of the Belmont Clan and the forces of Darkness since the Crusades. He also met Graham Jones: a missionary believing himself to be the reincarnation of the Lord of Darkness himself. Soma was able to stop Graham before he could gain control of Dracula's power, but made a terrible discovery in the process.

When the unholy powers left Graham's body, it immediately rushed to Soma, recognizing him as the true reincarnation of Dracula. Fortunately, he was able to find the core of the castle, sealing away the Chaos that permeated the unholy building, and thus saving himself. He still has the powers of Dracula, but has been able to keep it from corrupting it since that fateful night.

Now Soma finds himself mysteriously teleported again: this time on a futuristic orbiting satellite. Is this some new strange adventure? Or are the servants of Dracula trying to force Soma to retake his throne and truly become the Lord of Darkness?

Soma Cruz - PL 12

Strength 6, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 3

Advantages
Benefit: Current Incarnation of Dracula, Fearless, Improved Critical: Melee Scythe: Strength-based Damage 7, Precise Attack (Close, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Startle, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+9), Close Combat: Death's Scythe 5 (+11), Expertise: Occult 7 (+7), Insight 9 (+9), Intimidation 9 (+12), Investigation 3 (+3), Perception 7 (+7), Ranged Combat: Death's Scythe 8 (+8), Ranged Combat: Fireballs: Blast 12 9 (+9), Stealth 4 (+8)

Powers
Bat Form (Activation: Free Action)
. . Flight: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Wings)
. . Shrinking: Shrinking 8 (-2 STR, -4 Intimidate, +8 Stealth, +4 active defenses, -2 size categories, -1 speed ranks; Permanent)
Blood Senses: Senses 1 (Infravision; Limited: Warmblooded creatures)
Death's Scythe (Easily Removable)
. . Returns to thrower: Feature 1
. . Throwing Scythe: Strength-based Damage 7 (DC 28; Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Melee Scythe: Strength-based Damage 7 (Alternate; DC 28)
Demon's Mail (Removable)
. . Protection: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness)
Evil Never Dies: Immortality 4 (Return after 2 days)
Fireballs: Blast 12 (fire, DC 27; Split 2: 3 targets)
Gift of the Dark Lord: Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Starvation & Thirst)
Leaping: Leaping 2 (Leap 30 feet at 8 miles/hour; Acrobatics Check Required)

Offense
Initiative +4
Fireballs: Blast 12, +9 (DC 27)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 16)
Melee Scythe: Strength-based Damage 7, +11 (DC 28)
Throw, +0 (DC 21)
Throwing Scythe: Strength-based Damage 7, +8 (DC 28)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 21)

Complications
A great darkness within...: Soma Cruz is the reincarnation of Dracula, a powerful Lord of Darkness in his universe. He has fought back the darkness within his soul since he first entered Dracula's Castle, and Soma has some control over it. However, any harm to those he cares about could trigger his darker side. Anyone with magic sensitivity can sense this darkness in Soma's soul, despite the fact that Soma hardly is the model Lord of Darkness.
Weakness: Vampire Killer: Being the current Incarnation of Dracula, Soma has an adversion to the ancestral weapon of the Belmont Clan. The whip is the only weapon that can negate Soma's Immortality power. Luckily, it is back in Soma's home universe......or is it??

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 9, Toughness 12, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 78 + Advantages 7 + Skills 22 (66 ranks) + Defenses 31 = 180
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Okay, decided that Guts is too antisocial and so I am pitching Master Splinter.
Kudos to Thorpacolypse for his build, which I am basing this Splinter off of.

SPLINTER
PL: 10 (180 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+11) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+7), Close Combat [Quarterstaff] 2 (+17), Deception (+4), Expertise [Ninja] 13 (+15), Insight 10 (+15) [Assessment], Intimidation (+4), Perception 8 (+13), Persuasion 10(+14), Stealth 11 (+16) [ Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery], Expertise [Eastern Philosophy] 12 (+14)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Favored Foe (Ninjas), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (3) (Staff, Unarmed, Long Blades), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Japanese), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover; Close, Concealment), Ranged Attack (7), Redirect, Skill Mastery (1) (Stealth), Takedown (2), Teamwork, Trance, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind

POWERS:
Nerve Strike: Cumulative Affliction 6 (Resisted by Fortitude: Dazed, Stunned, Paralyzed) - 12pp
Rat senses: Low-light vision, Acute Olfactory, Tracking - 3pp

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Staff: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Double, Reach [5 ft]; 4 pts
Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 3 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +15 [Unarmed +5, Critical 19-20]
Staff +17 [Staff Strike +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +12 [Shuriken +1, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +5 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Shredder
Prejudice: Being an anthropomorphic rat oftentimes causes people to be wary (at best) of him at first and he often has to work to gain people's trust
Relationships: With his sons, the TMNT. He also has become close to April O'Neil and Casey Jones

Abilities 74 + Skills 26(78 ranks) + Advantages 42+ Powers 15 + Defenses 23 = 180
Last edited by Neo-Paladin on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

VampGuy
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby VampGuy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:16 pm

Neo-Paladin wrote:I still have 15 points to spend. Could someone here maybe suggest a good martial artist power or two to add to the build?

You could probably check the martial artist prebuilt template to see if they list or suggest anything
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam" -- I'll either find a way or make one

Current Games and Characters:
Ultimate Showdown:Riddick

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:18 pm

VampGuy wrote:
Neo-Paladin wrote:I still have 15 points to spend. Could someone here maybe suggest a good martial artist power or two to add to the build?

You could probably check the martial artist prebuilt template to see if they list or suggest anything

Maybe some rat senses?
Builds

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Added Splinter and Soma to the build list.
Builds

Return to “M&M Game Room”