Justice League Gone (3e OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Justice League Gone (3e Recruiting)

Postby Shadow13 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm

[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:26 pm

Done. Added a few senses and an attack power.

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Weyrd » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:43 am

So I keep going back and forth on whether or not I want to play as a Witch Docter, which I think I should take as a clear sign that I shouldn't (at least not in this game.) So I started brainstorming on new ideas, trying to look at superhero archtypes that haven't really been taken yet. Notice that a "speedster" type had yet to be presented and that made me think....Sonic. So think I'm going to switch gears and work on a Sonic build. Maybe see if I can find a picture of him portrayed a little less cartoony that would fit in this darker setting.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Weyrd wrote:So I keep going back and forth on whether or not I want to play as a Witch Docter, which I think I should take as a clear sign that I shouldn't (at least not in this game.) So I started brainstorming on new ideas, trying to look at superhero archtypes that haven't really been taken yet. Notice that a "speedster" type had yet to be presented and that made me think....Sonic. So think I'm going to switch gears and work on a Sonic build. Maybe see if I can find a picture of him portrayed a little less cartoony that would fit in this darker setting.

Not strictly speaking, Sonic, but Krakkl was clearly meant as an homage to him. Though obviously still a bit cartoony but, well, Sonic is a blue hedgehog. Unfortunately, Krakkl is a DC character...
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

wulfgar187
Bystander
Bystander

Postby wulfgar187 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:21 pm

Well I seem to be stumped for a build for any of the characters I've listed as my ideas for this game...with that being said I think I'm going to bow out of this one. Though if anyone has a build I can get inspiration for for either the Prince of Persia or Starkiller I wouldn't mind looking at them to get some inspiration.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:35 pm

The Prince (from Prince of Persia) would have been easy to build with his sword skills and his free-running. If you need help, I can always help out.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

wulfgar187
Bystander
Bystander

Postby wulfgar187 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:00 pm

For the most part yeah the Prince is easy to build...even though I was planning on basing it off the movie more than anything. I was considering giving him some powers like Parkour(from the Talent power profile) and maybe some other "minor powers" to reflect what he can do.

My main problem was the dagger of time and his other "super" powers and abilities. If your willing to help and it's not a problem I would welcome the help.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:06 pm

My advice would be to go with Starkiller if you don't have a RP preference for the Prince. We've got several characters who share some of the niche with the Prince as agile warrior types (Beast, Spider-Man, and arguably Soma and Splinter). Starkiller, to me, is basically an Energy Controller using the Force for telekinesis effects and electricity blasts. Throw in a lightsaber, a couple ranks of Speed, and a lot of ranks of Leaping and you've got your overcharged Jedi. He's mostly just a weapon so you get to skip a lot of the usual Jedi stuff that can make them a pain to stat out.

I can try to whip up a rough build but it may not be done for a couple of days. I'm going to be travelling for Easter so I'm not sure when I'll have both time and a stable connection for the weekend.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Have a safe travel, Watchman.

Common Terms I will use:

Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Adventure Dan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Any mention on how long recruiting will be going for? I'm pretty set on Shepard at this point, and was curious as to how long I have to get a build up.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:22 pm

I'm definitely giving this another week. Maybe a second, but it may be sooner than that.

Common Terms I will use:

Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Adventure Dan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:54 am

COMMANDER SHEPARD
PL 12 (180 PP)

Date of Birth: April 11, 2154
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black

ABILITIES

STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4
FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

POWERS

N7 Armor: Removable (-4) Device • 14 points
Armor: Protection 6 • 6 points
Sealed Environment: Immunity 9 (Disease, All Environmental Conditions, Poison, Suffocation) • 9 points
Sensors: Senses 2 (Direction Sense, Distance Sense), Feature 1 (Commlink) • 3 points

Assault Rifle: Easily Removable (-14) Device • 20 points
Overkill: Ranged Damage 10 (Multiattack) • 30 points
. . . Incendiary Ammo: Ranged Damage 8 (Multiattack, Secondary Effect [6 ranks only]) • 1 point
. . . Cryo Ammo: Ranged Damage 5 (Multiattack) Linked to Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile; Cummulative, Extra Condition; Limited Degree) • 1 point
. . . Disruptor Ammo: Ranged Damage 5 (Multiattack) Linked to Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; Impaired, Disabled; Affects Objects, Cummulative; Limited Degree) • 1 point
. . . Concussive Shot: Ranged Damage 10 Linked to Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned; Limited Degree) • 1 point

Omni-Tool: Removable (-3) Device • 10 points
Utility Functions: Enhanced Trait 3 (Technology +6, Improvised Tools), Feature 5 (Video and Audio Recorder, Computer, Flashlight, GPS, Holographic Communication), Senses 4 (Analytical [Auditory], Analytical [Visual]) • 12 points
. . . Omni-Blade: Strength-based Damage 5 (Concealable, Improved Critical, Penetrating 5) • 1 point

Soldier: Speed 1 (4 MPH), Leaping 1 (15 feet), Regeneration 1 • 3 points

ADVANTAGES

Accurate Attack, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Inspire 3, Leadership, Paragon (Ultimate Effort: Persuasion), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Teamwork

SKILLS

Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 6 (+11), Expertise [Military] 8 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+10), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 7 (+10), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 6 (+14), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 2 (+4/+10), Vehicles 4 (+8)

DEFENSE

DODGE 12, PARRY 12
TOUGHNESS 12/6*, FORTITUDE 10, WILL 12
*Without N7 Armor

OFFENSE

Initiative +7
Unarmed +10 (Close, Damage 5, DC 20)
Omni-blade +10 (Close, Damage 10, DC 25)
Assault Rifle +14 (Ranged, Multiattack Damage 10, DC 25)

Abilities 70 + Powers 47 + Advantages 17 + Skills 21 + Defenses 25 = 180

COMPLICATIONS

Transhuman: After being rebuilt and revived by the Lazarus Project, Shepard is synthetic enough to be hacked or affected by other means that weaken technology.
Not Born to Dance: Shepard is a terrible dancer, and automatically fails any dancing-related checks.
Paragon: Shepard will take compassionate and heroic actions, such as sparing the lives of innocent people, providing emotional support or comfort, and calling out immoral actions of others.
Hero of War: Shepard has seen and been through a lot, and needs to put on a brave face to keep team morale high.
Responsibility: Shepard feels a strong sense of duty for preserving the safety of all civilized life.

HISTORY

John Shepard was born on Earth, but he never knew his parents. A child of the streets, he learned to live by his wits and guts, surviving in the hidden underbelly of the megatropolises of humanity's homeworld. Eager to find a better life, Shepard joined the Alliance military when he came of age. He volunteered for an expedition to Akuze: a lush world on the outskirts of Alliance space that had suddenly dropped out of contact. Arriving on the surface his patrol found the settlement intact, but no survivors.

At nightfall, the thresher maws struck - mindless abominations of teeth and tentacles that rose up from beneath the earth. Constant gunfire couldn't drown out the shrieks of your fellow soldiers as they were dragged down to a gruesome death. Fifty marines died on Akuze; Shepard was the only one to make it back to the landing zone alive. A monument on the planet commemorates the massacre.

Shepard was a graduate of the Systems Alliance N7 special forces program (service no. 5923-AC-2826), and was initially assigned to the SSV Normandy as Executive Officer. He later became the first human to join the Spectres, an elite special task force for the Citadel Council, and was given command of the Normandy. It has been his mission to hunt down the rogue turian Spectre, Saren, stop the Collectors, and prevent the return of the Reapers, an ancient machine race responsible for wiping out all advanced organic civilization every 50,000 years.
Last edited by Adventure Dan on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Adventure Dan wrote:Design Notes: Shepard may not be deserving of Strength 6 and Stamina 6, but between the gene therapy all Alliance soldiers receive, the cybernetics that brought him back to life, and any other futuristic modifications, I think the Commander can very well be superhuman.
Still, an army general outranks a navy commander, right? :)
/even if General Chere is absurdly young due to Japanese video game/anime conventions ...
//and that she no longer works for the organization that gave her that rank ...
Dave Rothgery
long time lurker, only recent poster ...
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Postby McGuffin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:37 am

I'm bowing out of this one since I've realized I don't have the time for another game right now. Good luck with the game everyone and hope you have fun.
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:13 am

Sorry to see you go, McGuffin.

Also, Happy Easter to everybody who celebrates it!

Common Terms I will use:

Return to “M&M Game Room”