Justice League Gone (3e OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Justice League Gone (3e Recruiting)

Postby Mark Reuter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:04 am

The_Watchman wrote:
Mark Reuter wrote:Besides, we need someone to be able to figure out how to work the things in Watchtower, and not just smash them to smithereens.

The "Dr. McCoy" jokes practically write themselves.

Only this Dr. McCoy can verbally AND physically castrate anyone unimaginative enough to attempt one.

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:34 am

Mark Reuter wrote:Besides, we need someone to be able to figure out how to work the things in Watchtower, and not just smash them to smithereens.

Carol can pilot the quint jets and javelins all day long Mark :twisted:
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:37 am

The_Watchman wrote:Edit: Seeing Celes makes me hope somebody makes Gambit or Nathan Drake. Celes has a thing for thieving...I mean...treasure hunting scumbags after all...

Hehehe.

It's not Celes' fault she's from a world where magical steampunk is high tech ...
Dave Rothgery
long time lurker, only recent poster ...
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:03 am

@Shadow13 - I'm not sure if you're interested, but I thought of a few Complications that might suit Carol based on her comics history. All of these tend to vary based on the writer, so any or none of them might show up in a given portrayal of Captain Marvel.

Recovering Alcoholic - After losing her Binary powers, Carol had a serious struggle with alcohol abuse. Although she overcame her addiction with the help of Tony Stark, this remains one of Carol's low-points.

Kree Hybrid - The Psyche-Magnitron that gave Carol her powers altered her at a genetic level, making her literally half-Kree. Occasionally, her unique physiology has created problems for her or even manifested a separate "pure Kree" persona in her mind.

Responsibility: Earth's Mightiest Hero - During the House of M event, Carol was the pre-eminent superhero on Earth. After helping to undo the reality changes created by the Scarlet Witch, Carol decided it was time to live up to her responsibility. She now pushes herself to be a paragon champion but she can make rash decisions in order to compensate for her own self-doubt. She envies some others who seem to find it easy to jump into the role of hero.

Temper: Pilot's Pride - Carol is extremely proud of her time in the United States Air Force and her skills as a pilot. She can lose her cool dealing with someone insulting the USAF or her piloting skills. Woe be to anyone that damages anything she's piloting.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:27 am

The_Watchman wrote:@Shadow13 - I'm not sure if you're interested, but I thought of a few Complications that might suit Carol based on her comics history. All of these tend to vary based on the writer, so any or none of them might show up in a given portrayal of Captain Marvel.

Recovering Alcoholic - After losing her Binary powers, Carol had a serious struggle with alcohol abuse. Although she overcame her addiction with the help of Tony Stark, this remains one of Carol's low-points.

Kree Hybrid - The Psyche-Magnitron that gave Carol her powers altered her at a genetic level, making her literally half-Kree. Occasionally, her unique physiology has created problems for her or even manifested a separate "pure Kree" persona in her mind.

Responsibility: Earth's Mightiest Hero - During the House of M event, Carol was the pre-eminent superhero on Earth. After helping to undo the reality changes created by the Scarlet Witch, Carol decided it was time to live up to her responsibility. She now pushes herself to be a paragon champion but she can make rash decisions in order to compensate for her own self-doubt. She envies some others who seem to find it easy to jump into the role of hero.

Temper: Pilot's Pride - Carol is extremely proud of her time in the United States Air Force and her skills as a pilot. She can lose her cool dealing with someone insulting the USAF or her piloting skills. Woe be to anyone that damages anything she's piloting.

Thanks man. Actually the recovering alcoholic one and the temper were 2 I was working on already but thank you for the others as well.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:29 am

Hehe! Pilot's Pride might be interesting with Hank McCoy along.

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:34 am

Mark Reuter wrote:Hehe! Pilot's Pride might be interesting with Hank McCoy along.

Mark haven't seen you in awhile and welcome back. Well it should be interesting seeing 2 old school Avengers interacting an then seeing how they treat Ben.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:38 am

Shadow13 wrote:Thanks man. Actually the recovering alcoholic one and the temper were 2 I was working on already but thank you for the others as well.

My pleasure. I love Carol Danvers as a character (from being a long-time Avengers fan) though she has one heck of a complicated history.

Mark Reuter wrote: Hehe! Pilot's Pride might be interesting with Hank McCoy along.

As long as he doesn't mention the whole Marcus thing... :wink:

Somewhat humorously, in the comics currently, Carol is actually fairly close with Peter Parker as well since they're sort of on-again, off-again dating (prior to Otto taking over anyway) but Ben wouldn't know any of the Avengers personally. He missed most of the whole Onslaught thing and I don't think he really encountered any of the X-Men or Avengers before the first Clone storyline or during his time as Spider-Man. As I recall, the only heroes Ben either directly worked with or has memories of working with are the Fantastic Four and the New Warriors. Well, and Superboy, since Ben beat the kid's a** during that terrible Marvel Vs DC miniseries. Oh and Superman. After Ben hit on his fiancee. Because only a Parker would manage to hit on the Last Son of Krypton's bride-to-be.
Last edited by The_Watchman on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:43 am

@drothgery, you forgot Expertise: Opera! Of course, her singing voice does sound oddly like a chiptune so maybe that's for the best ;)
Builds

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Shadow13 wrote:
Mark Reuter wrote:Hehe! Pilot's Pride might be interesting with Hank McCoy along.

Mark haven't seen you in awhile and welcome back. Well it should be interesting seeing 2 old school Avengers interacting an then seeing how they treat Ben.

Thanks! It is good to be back.

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Just a quick question...we can assume that the characters who have appeared in the Watchtower have no idea how they got here and have been in their own respective universes up to that point, yes?

Still torn between Guts and Master Splinter...

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:04 pm

The_Watchman wrote:@drothgery, you forgot Expertise: Opera! Of course, her singing voice does sound oddly like a chiptune so maybe that's for the best ;)

/monster falls on stage out of nowhere
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

drothgery
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby drothgery » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Neo-Paladin wrote:Just a quick question...we can assume that the characters who have appeared in the Watchtower have no idea how they got here and have been in their own respective universes up to that point, yes?
Though I imagine characters from a different super hero earth are going to be substantially less disoriented than someone like Celes (she's not from earth or from any place where 'normal' tech is anything like what she'll see here).
Dave Rothgery
Lady Lillian Firestorm
Abigalan S'Mirat
Jeran
Tessa Testarossa

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:11 pm

@Drothgery: Yes, you are correct on that. None of the heroes will know how they got to the Watchtower from their universe.

@ALL: To be honest, I did not expect so many Marvel superheroes to be submitted. I originally thought that you guys would submit not as many Marvel heroes. U^_^

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Am I the only one who plans on submitting a video game character like the original concept suggested?
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Return to “M&M Game Room”