Freedom's Heroes at War: OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Heritage367
Hireling
Hireling

Re: Freedom's Heroes at War: Recruiting [3e]

Postby Heritage367 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:41 am

Love the French powerhouse! Vive la France! Vive De Gaulle!

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:44 am

First run at Arthur. Need to finish out the complications & Background, and he's 5p over, but wanted to post him before I head to bed so people could look/comment.
G'night all.

Arthur Pendragon
PL 9 (135 PP)

Abilities: 48 pp
STR 5 (10pp)
STA 4 (8pp)
DEX 0
AGI 0
FGT 5 (10pp)
INT 4 (8pp)
AWE 4 (8pp)
PRE 2 (4pp)

Offenses:
Melee: +10
Excalibur Strike: Melee +10, Toughness DC 23, Crit 18-20.
-Linked Nullify Immunities 8 (Simultaneous, Effortless)

Defenses: (15pp)
Dodge: +8 (5 base +3 Shield)
Parry: +8 (5 Fgt +3 Shield)
Toughness: +10 (4 Sta +6 Plate Mail)
Fort +9 (5 base +4 Sta)
Will +9 (5 base +4 Awe)

Skills: (40 ranks= 20pp)
Athletics (+8/3), Insight(+14/10), Investigation(+5/1), Perception(+8/4), Persuasion(+15/13), Treatment(+5/1),
Expertise: History(+5/1), Nobility(+10/6), Tactics(+5/1)

Advantages: 30
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Attractive, Close Combat 5, Connected, Benefit (King Freaking Arthur!), Defensive Attack, Equipment 4, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Interpose, Leadership, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Set-up, Skill Mastery (Persuasion), Takedown, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind

From Powers: Great Endurance
*Excalibur: Luck 2, Inspire 5, Inspirational 2 (Free uses of Inspire)

Powers: 27p
Feature 2: Temporal Inertia, Destiny: 2pp
Immortality 1 (Limited: Body must be returned to Avalon -1/rank): 1pp

Legendary Paragon: 5pp
-Speed 1, Quickness 1, Powerlifting 1, Great Endurance, Danger Sense

Excalibur: 30p - 12 Easily Removable +1 Indestructible = 19pp
-Damage 3 (Str Based, Incurable, Imp Crit 2): 6p
-Linked: Nullify 8 (Immunities, Close Range -1/rank, Simultaneous +1/rank, Effortless +1/rank, Check Required: Nobility 6): 2/rank = 10p
-Luck Control *Use HP/Luck on others behalf* (Area +1/rank, Selective +1/rank): 5p
-Enhanced Advantages: Luck 2, Inspire 5, Inspirational 2 (Free uses of Inspire): 9p

Equipment: 20 ep
Full Plate: Protection 6 (6ep)
Large Shield: +3 Active Defenses (6ep)
Avalons Boat: 8ep
Large(1p), Str 4, Toughness 7, Swimming 1(1p), Teleport 5(Medium: Water -1/rank, Extended Only; 5p), Dimension Travel:Avalon(Limited: Waterways -1/rank; 1p)

COST: 48 Abilities +15 Defenses +20 Skills +30 Advantages +27 Powers = 140/135

Complications:
Man out of time
Chivalry
Destiny

Background:
Arthur became High King of Britain near the start of the 6th century. He was mortally wounded after 40 years and sent to a magic hill on Avalon, where he slept until Britain needed him once more.
When the second world war started, Avalon sent the sleeping king one more into the world, first to reclaim his sword and

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:43 am

Heritage367 wrote:Love the French powerhouse! Vive la France! Vive De Gaulle!

Actually, I was considering making Charles de Gaulle someone that my Powerhouse either served with directly or indirectly, but wanted to know where the story was going to be taking place.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:33 am

I really do like the era's aesthetics, but I've become sort of a weirdy with regards to my characters. Going to figure out a way to go bestial if I'm going to feel any good about a submission.

Hm, maybe the team could use a furry mascot, only this mascot's smarter than people think.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:41 am

I'm using the cruddy work computer, so I don't have much chance for extensive character reviews at the moment.

After sleeping on it, I'm going to keep the characters based in Freedom City. I feel more comfortable messing with a fictional American city that has some background created already than a British city either fictional or real. We are dealing with Global War here, so some travel will be involved.

Dreamking: I'll be sending you a PM in a few minutes.

Silvercat: I'm a little wary of a non-human animal PC in this setting, but you're one of the few people around here I feel I could trust with a "talking mascot" character. (You got more than a little grin from me with Geanie's recent comment about tentacles.) I could also see something in this setting like a circus or lab animal that's been augmented.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:48 am

robertness wrote:Silvercat: I'm a little wary of a non-human animal PC in this setting, but you're one of the few people around here I feel I could trust with a "talking mascot" character. (You got more than a little grin from me with Geanie's recent comment about tentacles.) I could also see something in this setting like a circus or lab animal that's been augmented.

Would it work better if the animal PC had a human sidekick who acted as the "real" hero, sort of like how animal sidekicks were a thing but instead the actual relationship is backward? I do understand wariness of non-human PCs, especially in an early age of superheroes where the weirdness isn't yet established as normal.

Aerlock
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Aerlock » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:41 am

robertness wrote:Aerlock: Sorry, I'm afraid I took the slang introducing the character concept the wrong way. I had difficulty telling if it was a concept you were really interested in running. I'll entertain a re-pitch if you're still interested. I will need a bit of convincing that the character could actually do something during an adventure.

The basic power set I have in mind is High Int, Low Strength, Perception Move Object and Perception Mental Damage (vs. Will instead of Toughness) both with the limitation that any kind of cover/concealment blocks the effect.

I'm trying for a Prof X. crossed with Negative Man style character. I may drop the wheelchair idea though now that I think about it. If they're supposed to be going into battle that'll be difficult to manage.

- Aerlock
awww...I don't have a signature :(
But I do have character(s)!

Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:12 pm

How long does the recruitment period last?

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Aerlock wrote:The basic power set I have in mind is High Int, Low Strength, Perception Move Object and Perception Mental Damage (vs. Will instead of Toughness) both with the limitation that any kind of cover/concealment blocks the effect.

I'm trying for a Prof X. crossed with Negative Man style character. I may drop the wheelchair idea though now that I think about it. If they're supposed to be going into battle that'll be difficult to manage.

- Aerlock

Why not try a professor of paranormals at a local Freedom City university? Low-key telepathic static makes it impossible for people to recognize you when you've adopted your heroic alter ego, a bit like how Princess from the Sentinels works, meaning you could do battle in a tweed jacket!

As a side benefit, since you study extraordinary individuals and creatures, being a vigilante can technically be classified under 'field work' for your job. ^^ Getting first hand experience and all that.

hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:57 pm

As of today my PC is up and running and my Herolab stuff is downloaded.

Expect a submission soon!

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:35 pm

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:
robertness wrote:Silvercat: I'm a little wary of a non-human animal PC in this setting, but you're one of the few people around here I feel I could trust with a "talking mascot" character. (You got more than a little grin from me with Geanie's recent comment about tentacles.) I could also see something in this setting like a circus or lab animal that's been augmented.

Would it work better if the animal PC had a human sidekick who acted as the "real" hero, sort of like how animal sidekicks were a thing but instead the actual relationship is backward? I do understand wariness of non-human PCs, especially in an early age of superheroes where the weirdness isn't yet established as normal.

I could run with the animal PC with the human sidekick.

Aerlock: I look forward to seeing your build. Glad your response to my initial reaction wasn't so negative you just put this thread on the ignore list.

And to all: Recruiting is open until eleven o'clock EST Friday night. That's when I'll post my "no more submissions" announcement. Then I'll spend Saturday morning looking over submissions. I don't expect perfect submissions in that time frame, but do give me the build and enough backstory/personality that I know what the character's about. Once I pick the team, we'll probably dedicate a few days to getting characters finalized before starting the game.

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Freedom's Heroes at War: Recruiting Closes 4/4 [3e]

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:58 pm

I've got a few ideas for a submission. I'll see what I can come up with in the next day or so. My first thought is a patriotic hero of sorts. Alternatively, I was thinking of an air or sonic themed hero.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Did you see arthur yet? He's the last post on page 3 so I'm not sure if he got missed with the page flip.

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Aidrian Eldrich
Earth's Master Mage

Less than a decade ago, Adrian Eldrich was a respected archaeologist who made a living exploring the lost tombs and temples of the ancient world. This all changed, however, when he explored the Temple of Sirrion in 1935. Inside this temple, Eldrich accidentally broke the seals that held back the power of Malador the Mystic: a power mad undead sorcerer from Ancient Atlantis.

Trapped in the Temple with the guardians rushing towards him, Eldrich was saved by the ghosts of three other Atlantean wizards. They went on to explain that he was a reincarnation of their master who sealed away Malador years before. Unlocking his magical potential and the memories of his past life, Adrian Eldrich was able to stop Malador and seal him away again.

However, the rush of power from his past life quickly faded and Adrian Eldrich was left with the power of a novice mystic and the position of Earth's Master Mage. He has spent the past six years gathering magical scrolls, artifacts and tomes (some of which were taken from the Nazis) in order to expand his knowledge of the arcane. At this point, Adrian has become a competent sorcerer, but still has much to learn in order to truly earn the title of Master Mage and protect the dimension he calls home.

Adrian Eldrich - PL 9

Adrian Eldrich - PL 9

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 0, Intellect 3, Awareness 5, Presence 3

Advantages
Benefit: Earth's Master Mage, Connected, Contacts, Equipment 4, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Magic, Ultimate Effort: Will Save

Skills
Expertise: History 7 (+10), Expertise: Magic 10 (+13), Insight 6 (+11), Investigation 4 (+7), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+9), Ranged Combat: Magic: Magic 9 7 (+9)

Powers
Cloak of the Aerie (Removable)
. . Flight: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
Comprehend: Comprehend 2 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All)
Force Field: Force Field 12 (+12 Toughness)
Magic: Magic 9 (DC 24; Homing: 1 extra attempt, Split: 2 targets)
. . Dazzle: Dazzle 9 (Alternate; Affects Sense: Sight, Resisted by: Will, DC 19)
. . Illusion: Illusion 9 (Alternate; Affects: Two Sense Types - Visual Senses, Area: 500 cft., DC 19)
. . Mental Blast: Mental Blast 5 (Alternate; DC 20)
. . Move Object: Move Object 9 (Alternate; 12 tons; Precise)
. . Snare: Snare 6 (Alternate; DC 16)

Equipment
Eldrich's Sanctum

Offense
Initiative +2
Dazzle: Dazzle 9, +2 (DC Will 19)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Magic: Magic 9, +9 (DC 24)
Mental Blast: Mental Blast 5 (DC Will 20)
Move Object: Move Object 9, +2 (DC 19)
Snare: Snare 6, +2 (DC Dog 16)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Enemy- Wilhelm Kantor: The head of the Thule Society has spent the past decade collecting magical artifacts for the Third Reich to be used to conquer the world. Eldrich can simply not allow this to continue.
Enemy-Malador the Mystic: Eldrich is the reincarnation of a great Atlantean sorcerer who thousands of years ago defeated and sealed away the evil sorcerer Malador. Shortly after becoming Earth's Master Mage, Eldrich did so again. The power-mad mystic is trapped in a powerful prison again, but if he ever gets out Eldrich will be among his first targets.
Responsibility- Earth's Master Mage: Adrian Eldrich is Earth's Master Mage. While he is relatively new at the job (he's been at it for little more than five years), his title comes with numerous responsabilities, not least of which include keeping powerful magic out of the hands of evil, protecting Earth from dangerous paranormal forces, etc.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude 6, Toughness 14, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 51 + Advantages 10 + Skills 23 (45 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 135

Eldrich's Sanctum - PL 9

Eldrich lives in a quaint brownstone in Freedom City at 110 Ditko St. in Freedom City. To the untrained eye, it is a normal building, but those trained in magic can tell that it is built upon a nexus of powerful magical forces. This is seen in the Victorian-style interior as well. Paintings move on their own, clocks chime thirteen and other strange phenomenon occur (though Eldrich ignores it for the most part.)

Toughness 14, Size Medium

Features:
Concealed 1, Dimensional Portal, Dual Size: Huge, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Security System 2, Self-repairing 1, Workshop

Power Points
Abilities 1 + Powers 0 + Advantages 0 + Features 11 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 4 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 16
Last edited by dreamking89 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Edited my character's Complications to better reflect the Freedom City setting.

Complications
Enemy: Out of the saboteurs who blew up his old workplace, Renaud only managed to catch a few. It's likely that their remaining members will seek to make life hard for the juggernaut.
Motivation: Although he does not engage in vigilantism unless presented with immediate danger to himself or others, the veteran will never back down from defending innocent people, no matter what.
Relationship: Family, friends, co-workers, bosses, the strongman maintains a number of connections around Freedom City that could end up in all kinds of trouble.

Return to “M&M Game Room”