Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedomland

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Cyborg

Bringing down your feet hard, you regain your balance by smashing the marbles under your feet. But at that moment you notice somethings strange. The shattered pieces of marble seem to hinder in the air, as if moving in slow motion. You turn around fast and see a strange field of energy forming around the Red Queen, causing the air to ripple and everything within to move slower than normal.

"Activating Deceleration Field"

With that, the energy flies from the robot woman with an eerie silence, engulfing the part of the bridge you were standing on!!

Thanks to your reroll, you beat back the marbles.

Now I need you to roll your dodge again to beat a DC 21.

If you fail, then roll to beat a Will DC of 21. :P

Blue Wizard and Starbolt

Another, denser cloud of sparkly blue smoke surrounds Alice's head again. Her eyes droop as Alice yawns, her knees buckling. "White Rabbit....won't mind if I *Yawn* take a little nap...."
With that, she begins to fall over. A giant hand of magical energy catches her, and for a moment it seems like Alice's weight is too much for the young sorcerer. However, she starts to get lighter and lighter and lighter. The two heroes look up to see Alice starting to shrink as she falls. By the time the magic hand gently lowers her to the ground, she's the size of a normal college student (ironically, she's a bit on the short side) looking surprisingly peaceful as she sleeps soundly in the grass.

"You gotta help!!" A college student by the library yells, "There's a bomb in the library! None of us know what to do!!!"

Zorra

At first it seems like the trick is working....until Cheshire Cat disappears. Before Zorra can react, a hand grabs her non-sword hand and pulls her back. The Cheshire Cat has caught her and pulled her into a 'dip' as if they were dancing rather than fighting. "Ooooh, has anyone told you you're cute when you fight dirty?" He spins her around, teleporting in mid spin and reappearing in front of the SWAT team.

"Forget White Rabbit's 'tea party'," Cheshire Cat says, rolling his eyes and showing obvious disdain, "You are far more interesting than anything that egocentric buffoon has planned!"

With a wave of his hand, a brick wall appears in front of the SWAT team, sealing Zorra and Cheshire Cat off from them. "Now that we're alone, tell me about yourself. You got any family? Brothers? Sisters?....Boyfriend?

The little dance thing and CC's talking is all an attempt to Taunt Zorra.

However, he tied the DC and tie goes to defender. Zorra's turn.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:42 am

Zorra
HP 1
CONDITION: Fine

"Why do you ask?" Zorra responds. "Is the bad ole puddy tat offering to fill any vacancies?" She hadn't expected the game to take this turn, but she might be able to use it to her advantage.

"What's a cool cat like you doing hanging around with the 'egocentric buffoon' anyways?" The fox-hooded warrior walks slowly towards Cheshire Cat. She lowers her sword from the guard position, but does not sheathe it. "Any half-baked terrorist can plant a bomb and you and I could probably cook up better fantasies than the opium dreams of a Victorian pederast. What's the real game we're playing?"

Deception (1d20+11=26) Hopefully he'll let on about what they're up to beyond blowing stuff up.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:36 pm

The Doctor
HP 2

"It won't be that easy to take me down, your 'highness'." The masked doctor said as he went for another punch at the woman.

Attack Roll w/ Power Attack: 1d20+11=23;

That should definitely land. Thus, a Toughness DC 23 again.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:17 pm

The Wizard

Thomas frowned, the girl seemed confused, possibly under some fort of mind control, magical or otherwise. He would need to take her somewhere calm, relaxing and far from innocents in case she woke up, while magically examining her.

"You gotta help!!" A college student by the library yells, "There's a bomb in the library! None of us know what to do!!!"

Thomas cursed and pointed at the girl whom looked like Alice and cast a spell. In the blink of an eye a portal appeared at her feet and moved up her body, transporting her to his secret dimension. If she woke up with out him, she would find herself in his garden, where he grew various plants. To her, it would look like a real world garden, and shouldn't feel threatening, and the security system would keep her locked in the room(though the door would be hidden). Not to mention the garden room looked like it was outside, with a realistic ceiling, a false sun providing light, and the room was gigantic.

With that taken care of he turned to Starbolt, "Keep a vigilante eye." he ordered before following the college student into the library. "Where is the Bomb?"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)- Prologue

Postby Ysariel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:00 am

Starbolt
Condition: Normal / HP: 1

"That seemed easy enough," Starbolt observes, pulling her legs out of the earth one after the other. "Maybe she was a distraction for the bomb to go off?"

As the wizard teleports Alice away she has to wonder what this 'white rabbit' has to gain by planting bombs in houses of learning and sending oversized young girls to stomp on buildings. Most criminals she'd met so far were after financial gain, and there didn't seem to be any here.

Starbolt nods at the Blue Wizard and floats along behind him, alert for signs of anything that might look like a bomb.

My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:41 am

Cyborg
HP 1, Luck 1/2.
Defenses 20, Toughness +10, Fatigued.

"Nice try, Princess." Cyborg says with a glance at the Robot as her systems reconfigure to cancel the effects of the energy field - whatever they were..
"Cyborg to Team. I have two bozos on the freeway. If anybody's bored feel free to come join the party." She grins, the cockiness in her voice clearly carrying through the comms.

Looking between the two, She stows her blades with a flourish, spinning towards the Hatter as a jolt of electricity flies out towards him.
Without stopping to follow the result of her attack, she spins back around, arm changing form as she does, to unleash a blast of plasma energy at the Queen.

Using primary Power Arm to fire Taser at the Hatter (Standard action), then switching to Plasma Cannon (Move action) then Firing Plasma Cannon at Red Queen (Extra Effort)
Taser (1d20+10=13)
Plasma cannon (1d20+8=10)
Ouch.. Well, serves her right for getting too proud of herself.

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:55 am

Cyborg

Seeing the electricity flying at him, the Hatter quickly dives out of the way, the electric blast striking the car behind him. The Red Queen also steps out of the way, the blast from the plasma cannon sailing right past her head. "My turn, dear," the Hatter reaches into his hat and pulls out.....another hat. "Here, this looks just your size!!!" He flings the hat directly at Cyborg, seemingly homing in upon her head!

I'll need a dodge roll from Cyborg, then I'll add Red Queen's action to the post

Starbolt and Blue Wizard

The bomb wasn't exactly hidden. The crate sized pile of C4 sat in the middle of the library's entry hall, a red LED screen counting down to the time White Rabbit gave for the start of his 'tea party'. A tangle of multicolored wires connected the C4 and the LED screen, a sight utterly baffling to anyone who doesn't know about disarming bombs.

Zorra

"If White Rabbit has a plan beyond total anarchy, I sure as heck don't know what it is." Cheshire Cat shrugs, walking slowly around Zorra. "I'm less part of the Looking Glass Gang and more of an.....associate." Suddenly, an exact duplicate of his claws appear in front of Cheshire Cat as he rushes the crime fighter. "I put on some Lewis Carrol improv show when I'm around the Gang and occasionally lend a hand." Suddenly, Cheshire Cat teleports right in front of her, slashing away with all four claws. "In return, the Gang provides a great distraction for my.....real passions." Cheshire Cat grins as Zorra manages to parry every single claw strike he made. "Honey, you are way too pretty and talented to defending the clueless bozos of Freedom in your spare time!"

The illusionary claws were just for flavor. Either way, Zorra parried his attack.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:21 am

Cyborg swats the hat away as though it were some pesky bird, then patiently turns to face the Queen "I believe that makes it your turn?" She grins, seeming to almost be enjoying the 'game'

dodge (1d20+10=27)
If that doesn't succeed the dodge, forgive my presumptive behavior.. also if that doesn't succeed, I shall be rather scared.. :p

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:07 am

Zorra
HP 0

"Clueless bozos!?" Zorra shouts as she swings the plasmakatana at Cheshire Cat's head. "Like school kids on field trips?" She swings again. "Or old folks on a day out? Or maybe you mean the SWAT team that tried to help them?" Two more swipes at the cat's head. "Anyone who doesn't understand why justice requires me to use my skills to defend them is too clueless a bozo..." Zorra holds her sword with both hands over her head and takes a half step back to put her entire body strength into the next blow which appears to be aimed, once again, at Cheshire Cat's head. "To ever see how hot I am without this mask!" At the last second she changes her stance slightly and twists her wrists so the katana is aimed to strike the feline villain between the legs.

Agile Feint (Move Action) (1d20+13-5=11) That should have been +18 -5, but still wouldn't be good enough to fool Cheshire Cat. Still, there's always the attack itself.
Plasmakatana Attack (1d20+13=21)
And since that's going to be a miss, HP to re-roll:
Plasmakatana Attack - Reroll (1d20+13=14) +10 for the re-roll makes for a 24, which I think still misses. If it was a hit, DC22 + Multiattack bonus and Fortitude DC17 or -1 Toughness.

At this rate, the others will have finished their fights, beaten White Rabbit, and disarmed all the bombs, and Zorra and Cheshire will still be fighting.

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Zorra

Well, actually....

"....Owwwww....." Cheshire Cat grabs his crotch, wincing as he falls to his knees. "A simple 'not interested' would have sufficed....but whatever.... He proceeds to collapse on his side, appearing to be in too much pain to do much else but lie there. Despite this, he still manages his grin, "Who'd of thought...a Freedom Leaguer....would fight so dirty?" He wheezes out some laughter.

Cyborg

"No fair!" the Hatter says, stomping his foot on the ground, "How am I supposed to have any fun if you just ignore all of my hat tricks?? Red Queen! Teach her how to play better with others!!"

In a blink of an eye, Red Queen is between Cyborg and the Hatter, letting fly a barrage of punches! Cyborg, however, manages to block all of them.

The Hatter is holding his action, so it's your turn again.
Last edited by dreamking89 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:54 pm

Wizard
HP: 1

The wizard creates a portal, and with the help of Starbolt the awesome and mighty, will attempt to push the crate of bombs through the portal. The other end connects to the bottom of the lake/ocean.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Doctor

Sorry, I must have missed that you posted again.

CRACK!!

With a punch that hurts the Doctor's fist more than he'd like to admit, the Queen of Hearts goes flying back, crashing to the ground near the foot of the Sentry Statue, which overlooks the harbor from Riverside Park. At it's feet, the Doctor notices a crate size pack of C4 with an LED countdown on it!

The Queen doesn't give the Doctor much time to do anything else. Slowly stumbling to her feet, she waves her hands. Numerous playing cards suddenly materialize around her, and with a flick of her wrist suddenly start flying towards the Doctor!! The doctor leaps out of the path of the cards, which explode as soon as they strike the ground, leaving small craters all over Riverside Park where the Doctor was once standing.

Queen of Hearts missed. Your turn.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:19 pm

Zorra
HP 0

"Aw, you said I was cute when I fought dirty," Zorra says with a shake of her head. "I'll see if we can scare up Lady Liberty for you, next time. Until then, here's a little souvenir of our dance." Zorra deftly cuts a "Z" in Cheshire Cat's shirt, not that he'd be likely to notice it among all the other artistic rips in his costume.

The swordswoman then sheathes her weapon and approaches the brick wall the Cat had hidden the SWAT team behind. "Now, let's see if we can get rid of this wall and stop the boys in blue from shooting me long enough to get you an ambulance."

Percepton (1d20+2=20) Searching for a way past the wall.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:14 pm

The Doctor
HP 2

Once the Doctor had leaped out of the way of the Queen's cards, the Doctor merely had to say, "I'm most likely sure that this is your UN-birthday, so just surrender now and things will be easier for you in the end." Once he finished, the Doctor took a defensive position once more.

Using a Free Action to persuade the Queen of Hearts to surrender: 1d20+3=14;

If that fails, I will go into total defense to be safe.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Return to “M&M Game Room”