Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedomland

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)- Prologue

Postby Ysariel » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:26 am

Starbolt
Condition: Normal / HP: 1

"This is horrible!" Starbolt gasps. In a moment of deja vu she is on Harkaan Prime again, and her people are fleeing in disarray as warships of the Stellar Khanate swarm the sky like flies buzzing over a rotting corpse, dispensing fiery death from their weapons. No, she steels her resolve, this won't happen here, on her friend's homeworld. "I've got to find the giant," she murmurs. "Where is..." an ominous shadow blots out the sun over her. "Oh. There."

Starbolt has fought warships before in the darkness of space, so she's no stranger to facing gigantic combatants, but the sight of a human ten floors tall makes her jaw drop. She's so flabbergasted that, despite the bystander's warning, the titanic fist smashes her into the ground hard enough to make the seismometer in the geophysics lab register 4.5 on the Richter scale. When the humongous knuckles rise out of the earth she's left dazed and spreadeagled in the middle of a crater a dozen feet wide.

Blinking away stars, the alien princess peels herself out of a Starbolt-shaped indentation in the ground, spits out a mouthful of dirt, and glares defiantly at the giant as she raises her hands. From her fingertips, a single pure beam of blue-white cosmic fire lances out at Alice. This glorified vandal may have got the first hit in, but she's not out of the running yet!

Toughness DC? (1d20+10=15) Let me know how much that fails by. :)

I assume I'm not knocked out so I will attack back.

Standard action: use Cosmic Blast (Ranged Multiattack Damage 10) on Alice

Attack roll vs Alice (All-out Attack 2) (1d20+10+2=19)
DC 25 Toughness check
DC 27 if her defense is 13 or less
DC 30 if her defense is 8 or less

My defense is reduced to 18 until the start of my next turn
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby Hound » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Wizard
HP: 1

The moment the energy leaves Starbolt's hand, a portal opens up infront of her, and the Wizard steps out. His robe, mage armor, and life bubble are all active, and his staff is firmly in his hand. He slams the wooden staf down on the ground to accent his arrival.

He glares at the giant, Alice, Huh? Does this mean she drank something magical, or are her powers permanent...?, "Starbolt, can you stand? Do you need medical assitance?"

Attempting to arrive at the end of the surprise round, so he can act at the start of the new round. Initiative roll: 1d20+10=16

I used a full round action to arrive. Free action to ask question. If Starbolt is staggered, and looks like she is going to pass out, Wizard will leave the portal open for her to escape back to his Wizard's keep. If she seems like she can keep going, then he'll close it behind him.

Additionally does his magical awarness ping?

“Sensus Magia” Senses: Magical Awareness[Mental], Extended(100 Ft with out Perception Penalties), Radius(All Directions), Accurate, Acute
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Starbolt & Blue Wizard

Starbolt is Hindered and Dazed. She has one point of Bruising

Starbolt's manages to stumble to her feet and let loose an energy blast straight at Alice. Striking her in the face, Alice cries out in pain and stumbles back, nearly tripping over her giant feet as she attempts to escape the blast. She falls back, causing the ground to shake as she hits the ground.

"Arrgh, stupid bugs!!" She cries out, slowly rising up, on her feet but obviously still woozy from the powerful energy blast the alien princess unleashed.

Before Blue Wizard can cast a spell, Alice brings her foot back and attempts to kick him! SLAM!! The kick strikes the sorcerer's force field, sending him flying back through the air!

Blue Wizard needs to roll his Toughness to beat a DC of 29. The order of combat is as follows:

Alice
Blue Wizard
Starbolt

BW is next, assuming the kick didn't incapacitate him. :P

Zorra

Entering the museum was easy enough. Zorra had managed to climb to the roof and into a skylight, hoping to avoid whatever had gotten to the SWAT team earlier. As the sword-wielding crimefighter lands among numerous Egyptian artifacts (the museum was having a special about Ancient Egypt, she remembered reading in the paper), Zorra immediately feels something is off. At first, she appears to be upon a tiny islet floating in a sky surrounded by other floating islets, all covered in giant flowers, playing cards and chess pieces. However, a quick shake of her head tossed away this strange illusion, and Zorra was in a normal museum again.

As she begins to look around, a loud voice shouts at the end of the hall.

"There she is! The one who stole the tarts!!

At the end of the hall, Zorra sees six police officers in full SWAT team gear, pointing their machine guns directly at her. "The Queen will have our heads if she is not stopped! OPEN FIRE!!!

Two officers immediately open fire on Zorra. Reacting with reflexes honed to nigh-perfection by her grandfather's training, Zorra quickly rolls out of the way of the bullets' path.

The first two SWAT officers fired and missed. Along with Zorra's turn, I'm gonna need a perception roll from her. The turn order at the Museum goes as follows

SWAT 1
SWAT 2
Zorra
SWAT 3
SWAT 4
SWAT 5

Cyborg

The chaos on State Highway 8 seems to have culminated at the bridge which spans the South River. When you arrive, you can see why. Cars had been flipped over, smashed and lit on fire. But that's not even the oddest part. The street had been replaced with the black and white pattern of a chessboard. Some of the cars and trucks appear to have crashed not into other cars, but into giant playing cards and chess pieces. Below the bridge, Cyborg saw not the waters of the South River, but a strange whirlpool filled with random pieces of furniture and more giant playing cards and chess pieces.

"Oh dear, this simply will not do." Says a figure who walks out from behind an overturned semi. Wearing a green overcoat and an almost cartoonishly large top hat. He grins, taking a sip from a teacup that was sitting on a nearby car roof. "The tea party is nowhere near ready, White Rabbit hasn't said so." He takes off his hat, tossing the teacup (and supposedly the remaining tea) inside. "Not to worry, metal madame. The Queen and myself will entertain you until the celebration begins."

Suddenly, a red blur begins to zip down the bridge, straight for Cyborg! Only as it gets closer does Cyborg make out any features of the figure: a silver robotic woman with scarlet robotic plates stylized to look like hair, a corset, boots and a crown.

"QUEEN TO C3. QUEEN TAKES ROOK." the robotic woman says calmly before slamming her metallic fist into Cyborg's abodmen.

I'm going to need a Will roll from Cyborg along with a toughness roll to beat a DC of 22
Turn order goes as follows:

Red Queen
Cyborg
Hatter

Cyborg is up.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Wizard

The giant kicks(1d20+15=31) but the wizard is undeterred.

Thomas glared, he hated the idea of striking a woman, but he couldn't allow things to continue. Hopefully he could solve things no violently. "Somnia Aeterna."

I am casting sleep with a power attack, +4/-4 1d20+8=20,

Sleep rank 12, resisted by Will.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Blue Wizard and Starbolt

A sparkly blue cloud flies from the tip of Blue Wizard's fingers and straight for Alice's head. It wraps around her, causing her eyelids to droop. She stretches and yawns, fighting to stay awake through the spell. "I must stay awake....Or I'll miss the party and White Rabbit will be so angry...." The giant girl fights the arcane magic as best she can, eventually waving away the blue magic cloud as if it were smoke.

Alice is now Fatigued

Starbolt is up
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:57 am

Cyborg
HP 1, Luck 2.
Defenses 20, Toughness +10

Cyborg's own metalic arm intercepted the Red Queen's blow, grabbing and stopping her fist harmlessly just before it struck her much softer flesh.
"Sorry 'your highness', Chess isn't my game. How about Rock, Paper..."
She pushed the Robot's arm out wide, her swords appearing in her hands almost too quick to follow
"SCISSORS!" she shouted the last word, her swords slicing inwards at the Red Queen.

Flipping over a nearby car after her assault, Cyborg rushes towards the green suited man with the hat fetish. She spares barely a glance at the Queen, but her spinning glowing eye is easily able in just that instant to record the damage inflicted, and report it to Cyborg as she stopped in front of the 'Hatter'.
"Your move, creep." She leveled her swords at him.

Just for the record, this is exactly the situation my sword's trigger was designed for.
Her attacking me before I've gotten to go triggers the 'retaliation' attack, and then my action will be another sword slice. Technically one of them happens before her attack and the other after on my turn, but It doesn't really matter so I'll have them Thematically just go off together as a 'double slash' style scissor cut attack after she punches me.
*NOTE: Now that I've taken an action, it cannot trigger again in this combat*

Two Sword Attacks (1d20+14=31, 1d20+14=29)
First attack: Hits 31 (Roll 17=crit). It has Multi-attack, so.. If her Parry is 27-31, Toughness DC 26. Parry 22-26=Toughness DC 28. Parry <21=Toughness DC 31.
Second Attack hits 29. With Multi-attack: Parry 25-29=Toughness DC 21; Parry 20-24=Toughness DC 23; Parry <19 =Toughness DC 26.

Will; Toughness (1d20+10=18, 1d20+10=29)
Will 18, Toughness 29.
Aced the toughness but probably failed the Will.. Don't know what the effects of that are, I'm guessing it's something the Hatter's doing.. Speaking of, is it Subtle or does she notice he's doing something to her?

Also, since this IS the Hatter, I'm guessing there might be Illusions/hallucinations involved, so in case the 'red queen' or anything else I interact with is an Illusion, I have a +12 insight check to notice that fact. I'm guessing you'll want to roll it secretly yourself so that I won't know if she's an illusion and I failed, or if she's real. :)

*EDITED to add the 'your move creep'. I couldn't resist, It keeps in line both with her robo-cop cyborgness, and the 'playing games' motif we've got going on at the highway. :)

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:35 am

Zorra
HP 2
CONDITION: Fine

"Aw, come on!" Zorra yelled as the last few bullets ricocheted off the sarcophagus she'd ducked behind. "They weren't even good tarts. Why is it that tarts are always sweet, not tart?" And then she sprinted down the hall to get within striking distance of the SWAT team. Bringing her plasmakatana to bear, she launched a series of attacks against the three officers that hadn't shot yet. She attempted to strike the officers where they were armored, hoping to knock them out without serious injury.

Plasmakatana Multiattack: SWAT 3 (1d20+13-3=21), SWAT 4 (1d20+13-3=20), SWAT 5 (1d20+13-3=16). DC22 for any that hits plus Fortitude DC17 or -1 Toughness.

Perception (1d20+2=16)

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:38 am

The Doctor
HP 2

As the ax of the Queen of Hearts crashed upon the ground, the Doctor took this advantage to get the weapon away from the woman IMMEDIATELY!

Attack Roll to Disarm: 1d20+16=21

I forgot to add the Power Attack bonus to hit, so the final total would be a 16. If it lands, she needs to make a STR DC of 23, thus either a failure or a success leads to being disarmed if it hits.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)- Prologue

Postby Ysariel » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:05 am

Starbolt
Condition: Normal > Hindered, Dazed, -1 / HP: 1

Starbolt brightens as the Wizard's staff slams into the ground. Alone, this might be a challenge. Two on one, it would be a piece of fire-breathing draco-spider pie. "I'm alright," she says, shaking dirt out of her hair. As the giant sways under the effects of the Wizard's sleep spell Starbolt clenches her fists. The air begins to ripple like heat haze above the pavement as time and space warp and gravity increases tenfold immediately beneath Alice. "Bigger is not always better!" she declares, paraphrasing the spam email she'd read last night.

Standard action: Use Graviton Well (Ranged Affliction 10) on Alice
Attack roll vs Alice (All-out Attack 2) (1d20+10+2=19) DC 20 Dodge check
1 degree: Dazed + Vulnerable
2 degrees: Stunned + Defenseless
3 degrees: None
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:07 pm

The Doctor

The Doctor manages to wrench the Queen of Heart's axe from her hands. However, the second afterward, the axe vanishes from the crimefighter's grip in a flash of red light. The Queen isn't even phased by the loss of her weapon, instead throwing a punch straight at the Doctor. He manages to pull his face out of the way, and a strike that felt like it could have stopped a train flew inches past his face.

Zorra

Zorra's blade cuts down the first SWAT officer easily, falling to the ground in one easy strike. The other two however, manage to remain standing with no seemingly ill effects. That is until their bulletproof vests start to dissolve, the residue plasma energy of Zorra's sword eating away at their armor rapidly.

"Freedom League member cutting down members of the police department," said a voice to her left. "That's certainly gonna look good in the Daily Herald."

Leaning against a wall nearby is something that seems to have stepped out of a Tim Burton nightmare. Looking like a young man with strange tattoos and messy black hair, his human appearance was offset by his whiplike tail, glowing yellow eyes, pointed ears and almost frightening grin.

"Keep cutting the cards, pretty fox-girl," the grinning man said, shuffling a deck of cards in his claw-like hands "There's still a whole deck waiting for you." With that, the feline-featured man squeezes the deck, letting the cards fly straight at Zorra's face!

The distraction doesn't phase Zorra though, and she is ready as the SWAT team fires again. This time she isn't fast enough though, and a bullet strikes her right in the shoulder. She can hear the catlike stranger laughing, but when she looks back to where he was, no one was there!

Cheshire Cat had been hiding at the start of combat. Zorra avoided being demoralized by Cheshire Cat's taunt, but got hit by a bullet fired by the SWAT team. She's gonna need to make a Toughness check with a DC of 19.

Also, I'll need another Perception roll.

Cyborg

Cyborg's blades strike true against the Red Queen, sparks flying from the wounds in the robot's chest. 'She' falls to one knee as Cyborg approaches a now scared looking Hatter.

"N...now madame....there's no need to be so rash." He says, removing his hat and holding it at his chest, "We can talk about this. You shouldn't lose your....MARBLES!!" Suddenly, he turns his hat over, spilling marbles all over the ground! They all catch under Cyborg's feet, causing her to lose her balance!

I'm going to need a Dodge roll to beat a DC 20.

Blue Wizard and Starbolt

Alice attempts to step away from the two heroes, but her foot slams into the ground as Starbolt's gravity well hits her. She raises her fist, but finds the increased weight of her arms making attacks difficult. She looks at the heroes, looking like she was ready to cry.

"You're ruining EVERYTHING!!!" She cries out, swinging her fist at Starbolt again! Starbolt catches the great fist, causing her to be buried up to her shins in the dirt. Otherwise, she is unharmed.

Blue Wizard is up

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Zorra
HP 1

Zorra winced as the bullet struck her shoulder, but the impact was mitigated by the high-tech fibers her hoodie was made of. "I haven't played Fifty-two Card Pick Up since I was five," she nonchalantly says. "Why don't you show yourself and we can play a real game?" She works her way to the center of the exhibit space and waits to pounce on the cat as soon as he shows his over-sized grin.

Toughness Check (1d20+9=25)
Perception (1d20+2=4)
I think that needs a HP for a re-roll: Perception Re-roll (1d20+2=18)
Then putting my action on hold until Cheshire Cat pops up again, then attack him with the sword. Just in case it's needed: Plasmakatana Attack (1d20+13=19) Toughness DC22 + Multiattack and Fortitude DC17 or -1 Toughness if it hits.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:40 am

The Doctor
HP 2

As the Doctor leaned backward away from the punch, the masked hero used the momentum to flip backwards, attempting to kick the Queen in the process.

Attack Roll: 1d20+11=19;

This will also be a Power Attack, and this total is greater than the previous roll. Anyway, if it hits, a Toughness DC 23.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:37 pm

The Doctor

The Doctor's foot slams into the Queen's abdomen, though it felt like kicking a steel wall. The Queen grinned wickedly, grabbing the crimefighter's leg with a vice like grip. She attempts to fling him to the ground, but the Doctor is too fast. Using his other leg, he kicks off the Queen's chest and breaking free from her grip, landing perfectly on his feet.

You hit, but the Queen of Hearts natched on her Toughness roll. However, she failed on her attempt to trip you.

Zorra

"Awww. You aren't enjoying my game, fox-girl?" Cheshire Cat says, stepping out of a bathroom. "Then how about something new?" Says a second Cat perched atop a mummy's sarcophagus. From further down the hall, a third Cheshire Cat comes running towards her, brandishing wicked looking claws. "Then how about a game of Tag?" The three lunge at Zorra, and the sword-weilding crimefighter is momentarily confused. But at that moment, she remembers the training of her grandfather.

"Your enemy will want you to look anywhere but where they strike, Toni. Always be on the lookout for a trick."

A quick look at the shadows let her spot the real one! Zorra ignored the other two and swung at the one running down the hallway. Cheshire Cat was clearly surprised, but reacted just as quickly. He caught the blade with his clawed hand, then took a swipe with his other claw. Zorra's sword skills are too quick though, and she managed to block the second attack. Cheshire Cat merely grinned, "Looks like I'm still it!"

With that, he vanishes and reveals the SWAT team lining up to shoot again. Zorra jumps around again, but her interaction with Cheshire Cat distracted her slightly. She feels two bullets strike her hoodie again.

SWAT guy 1 and 2 hit. So you gotta roll Toughness twice to beat a DC 19. Then it's your turn. Cheshire Cat isn't hidden again, but he is off to the side to avoid the crossfire.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:43 pm

Zorra
HP 1

Two more bullets glanced harmlessly off Zorra's armor, but she knew it was just a matter of time before the cops decided to aim low. The Cheshire Cat was good, Zorra didn't want to see if she was good enough to take him with her legs shot up. One thing that Antonia had learned from her grandfather: If you're not winning the game, try changing the rules.

With a savage yell, the swordswoman rushed the Cheshire Cat. She'd only moved a few steps when she appeared to step on an over waxed portion of the museum's marble floor and lost her footing. Zorra seemed to slide helplessly towards the feline villain, her arms pinwheeled as she struggled to keep upright, and her yell degenerated to a panicked squeal. Inside her mask, Antonia grinned. Let's see if cat boy likes that trick.

Toughness Rolls (1d20+9=22, 1d20+9=23)
Agile Feint (Acrobatics) (1d20+18=28) He opposes that with the better of Insight or Acrobatics or is vulnerable to my next attack.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:16 pm

The Blue Wizard

I am really sorry for the delay, I will try to not let that happen again.

An energy disk of pure arcane power formed under the feet of the Wizard and lifted him into the air, allowing him to fly up to become eye level with Alice "Hush Child, calm down and sleep..."

A cloud of blue dust began to slowly and gently emit from his left hand and began to surround the girl.

Being huge, she should be pretty toughness focused, so my guess is her dodge/parry is only a between a 4 and a 6. So I am going to gamble on a power attack.

Sleep 12 becomes 17, and my accuracy is only a 3. Come one Dice gods!

1d20+8-5=17 NICE! So DC 22 WIll assuming that hit.

As a side note, if that works, the Wizard will use his create ability to create a massive soft, gentle hand to catch her before falling. My create has moveable so while it obviously looks fake, it does move like a real hand. He can even use it to live her as if it had strength equal to it's rank.
My Characters

Return to “M&M Game Room”