Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedomland

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby badpenny » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Shutterbug

Shutterbug was torn between helping the swordswoman down below and taking a little peek at the massive heat source. With the tea pot below giving off no heat, it kind of felt like it'd have to be a hologram or something. That was his initial hypothesis.

"Sorry, but I gotta see what this is," he said to himself as he climbed up the outside of the building and then launched himself into space. "This might be good...."

Heading over for a look-see

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:56 pm

Cyborg
HP 1, Luck 1/2.
Defenses 20, Toughness +10, Fatigued.

After disposing of the bomb, Cyborg turned and raced towards the plaza. As she approached, she saw a great lizard towering over Zorra, who seemed alone in the clearing.

Speaking into her comm, she flicked her swords out and tried to keep herself out of the beasts view..
"I'm coming in from behind it, Zorra. Lets make this thing into a belt."

Initiative +10
Stealth +12.
normally I'd roll for myself on INVisible castle, but It seems like you wanted to do the init, so I figured I'd let you do the stealth as well.. would you prefer us to make all rolls?

Speed will be rank 2 (base 4 -1 for fatigue -1 for stealth), but that's still 120', hopefully I'm that close by the time I enter init.

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:16 pm

Zorra

The lizard blinks in surprise at Zorra's comment, but then snarls. He swings a punch at the Freedom Leaguer, but Zorra can tell that a nerve has been struck for Bill. His rage is clouding his judgement, and his fists are easily dodged by the skilled swordswoman.

Zorra tried attacking you, but missed. Your post.

Shutterbug

Shutterbug quickly flies over to the window of the first tower of Pyramid Plaza. Looking inside, he sees a sight that fills him with dread. All through this office floor, replacing the cubicles, were huge packets of C4. Shutterbug is no explosives expert, but he can wager that there's enough here to destroy the entire tower!! The visible timer tells Shutterbug that the bombs will go off at exactly 1 PM!

I'll need a perception roll with your next action.

The Doctor

There doesn't seem to be any form of ambush from any member of the Looking Glass Gang, much less the mysterious bug-like stranger up on the windows of Pyramid Plaza. He does however, spot White Rabbit walking casually towards him.

"What have we here? A man who calls himself a Doctor, but dresses like a bird." He grins as a deck of cards appears in his hand. "I've been looking for someone to be the Dodo in our little group...but first! A game of cards!!"

With that, he tosses the cards up into the air! Four of the cards, one for each suit, start to grow and transform. When they land, they have transformed into square shaped knights, each with the symbol for their suit emblazoned on their chest.

You get the first attack against White Rabbit or his card minions.

Cyborg

Thanks to the comment on the creature's breath, Bill is intently focused on Zorra right now. While he swipes madly at her with his oversized claws, he takes no notice to the cybernetic woman quickly sneaking up behind him.

You get a surprise action before Zorra's next action. Then you'll become part of the normal initiative order.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Shutterbug

"What in the--?" Byron gawked at the sheer amount of explosives. He couldn't let all that detonate! He'd break in the window and use his knowledge of electronics to sever the timer circuit. He took a deep breath. Well, hell, if all that went off he'd never feel a thing....

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:35 pm

The Doctor
HP 2 -> 1
CONDITION: Fine

"I take it that negotiations are out of order, then?" the Doctor quipped as he quickly went for the closest enemy (i'd say either a "Card" or a "Guard" :P ) and quickly struck at it's head.

OOC: Alright, I take it that the Cards are minions. If so, then I will take a natural 10 to hit one with Power Attack, resulting in a total of 21, and a Toughness DC of 23. Also, I will use an HP to temporarily acquire the "Takedown" Advantage, thus if the Card falls to the attack, then I will immediately follow that up by going for the next card with the same attack: Nat 10 on minion combined with Power Attack (total 21) with Toughness DC 23 until either one minion succeeds on the toughness roll or they all fall.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Cyborg
HP 1, Luck 1/2.
Defenses 18 (20-2 all out), Toughness +10,
Condition: Fatigued.

Cyborg dashed up behind the giant lizard as it distractedly decided how to eat the fox before it, and leaping up in the air, came down hard, her swords slashing an X-pattern across the beasts leathery back.
"TAG!"

Ah yes, I do love a good Surprise.
All out Attack 2 (1d20+16=28)
Surprised = Vulnerable(Half Defense), so I'm very certain that hits.
I've got Multi-attack, so if his Vulnerable Defense is 23 or lower, Toughness DC 23. if it's 18 or lower, DC 26.
I would also like to use Assessment(Free action, Insight check +12)

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:15 am

Zorra
HP 0

"Just a belt?" Zorra asks her cybernetic ally. "If you can't get a belt, a handbag, and a pair of boots out of his big hide, you really need to work on finesse." As if to demonstrate what she means, the swordswoman bobs and weaves around the lizardman in an intricate pattern of footwork and rapidly flowing plasma blade. But it's not just for show as she strikes at Bill whenever she perceives an opening.

Agile Feint (Move Action) (1d20+18-3=24) Oops, that should have been +18-5, so it's only a 22. Opposed by his Insight or Acrobatics.
Plasmakatana Attack (1d20+13=18) If that hits, Damage DC22 + Multiattack and Fortitude DC17 or -1 Toughness.

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:15 pm

Shutterbug

You manage to get into the window without any trouble. Hopefully your knack with all forms of technology will help you disarm the bomb (or at least deactivate whatever received the signal). However, right as you are about to look at the wiring of the bombs.....

"You DARE try to ruin the tea party being thrown in MY honor?!?!? A woman dressed in a stylized black and red dress wearing a crown on her head says, floating in the air above the collection of bombs. "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!", she shrieks as a huge double bladed axe suddenly materializes in her hand. Before Shutterbug can even react, she is rushing to cut her head off!

CRASH!!

The attack sends Shutterbug flying back.

Queen of Hearts gets the first attack and he managed to hit you. Roll your toughness against a DC 26

The Doctor

The Doctor roundhouse kicks at lightning speed and sends the Spade crashing to the ground. A quick spin and a punch cracks the helmet of the Diamond, causing him to fall as well! SLAM!! Both fists together knock the Club back into the Heart, causing them both to crash to the ground. The Doctor turns around again to knee the Spade in the stomach and......wait a minute.....

"You aren't playing with a full deck, Dodo." White Rabbit says as ten more card-knights leap forth from his deck of cards, all brandishing wicked looking spears, "Let's change that!!"

As you focus on White Rabbit, a strange feeling washes over the Doctor. The concrete under his feet begins to transform into a black and white checker pattern. The towers of Pyramid Plaza start to look like great chess pieces. Most importantly, you start to feel different....

I'm going to need the Doctor to make a Will roll.

Cyborg and Zorra

"RAAAAAAAAWWWWWWR!!!"

Bill roars loudly as Cyborg's katana's cut through the lizard's clothes, slicing an X on his scaly back. With his attention split, Zorra is able to take a chance to distract him further. Bill, still reeling from the dual katana strike, tries to keep up with the fox-hooded hero by making half-attempts to strike at her, but it is no use. Zorra dances past his giant fists, hitting with an upward slice across the chest!

"SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

While the attack didn't seem to harm Bill, it did make him angry!! He brings both fists above his head, slamming them down on Cyborg!

CRASH!!

The giant reptile's fists strike true, slamming into her metal armor with the force of a speeding truck!

Bill succeeded on the Fortitude roll and his Toughness roll against Zorra. However, he's not looking good after Cyborg's attack.

Cyborg, I'm gonna need you to make a Toughness roll against a DC 27
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:41 am

Cyborg
HP 1, Luck 0/2.
Defenses 24(20+4 defensive attack), Toughness +10,
Condition: Fatigued, bruised

Cyborg falls backwards hard as the reptile's fist connects, smacking her head against the pavement.
She lay there for a second dazed, before shaking it off and flipping back to her feet, the cocky grin gone from her face and replaced by determination.
"Ok." is all she says, weaving her swords around in a blur as she dashes around the beast, slicing repeatedly at his thick scaly hide as she rushes in and out, actively dodging between his swipes to catch her, cybernetic eye glowing red as she analyzed her opponent.

tough dc 27 (1d20+10=14) Ouch.
Hmm, fail by 13 = Staggered, so I'm going to reroll that with my last luck point:
tough dc 27 Luck Reroll (1d20+10=14)
Really? same roll? well at least +10 from reroll reduces it to just a bruise.
Allright, I presume that makes it our turn?
Retaliation!

Sword Defensive Attack 4 (1d20+10=28)
I'm guessing that hits.. It's also a Crit, so Toughness:
DC 26 if his Parry is 24-28,
DC 28 if his Parry is 19-23,
DC 31 if his Parry is 18 or less.

Can I use my 'rapid penetrates concealment vision' (which is essentially X-ray vision) to look 'inside' Bill, and see if he's a robot or a real lizard?
I'd also like to use my Assessment advantage on him. Book says GM should roll it secretly. My Insight is +12 vs his Deception.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:25 am

Shutterbug
Condition: normal
HP: 1

"Whoa, nelly," Shutterbug said, touching his chest. Good ol' micromesh, he thought, lovely, lovely micromesh!

"Hey, Queenie, you're off your meds again, huh?" He vaulted at the Red Queen, looking to land on her with a kicking leap and spring to a nearby wall.

Toughness (DC 26): 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29

Attack: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23 DC 25
Using Move-By Action if I hit to attack and then leap away to stick to a wall.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:40 am

Zorra
HP 0

"You know, Bill," Zorra says as she dodges the lizardman's attacks. "Bun-Bun is just using you to delay me until whatever trap he's set goes off. Which means you'll be every bit as smooshed as I am when it goes boom." Not trusting that the lizard can understand English, Zorra presses her assault. Seeing how her earlier blows just skimmed off the lizard's scaly hide, Zorra decides to ignore finesse and puts her full strength behind each attack.

Power Attack: Plasmakatana (1d20+13-5=28) Hurray for the Crit! I'll go with Added Effect. Which gives Damage DC 32 (22 + 5 from Power Attack, +5 from Crit) plus Multiattack bonus. And Fort check DC17 or -1 Toughness.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:08 pm

The Doctor
HP 2 -> 1 (Will Re-Roll)

Will Roll: 1d20+10=14;

Using an HP to re-roll that: 1d20+10=19;

The second roll is under 10, so and additional 10 will be added to the first roll for a total of 24, which should be enough to save from it.

The Doctor shifted in his steps as if he were dazed; however, he quickly recovered and said, "For one thing, I AM NOT A DODO! And second, YOU are the one with the deck." And with that, the Doctor ran in between the newer "Cards" and attempted to kick the White Rabbit in the head.

Attack Roll on the White Rabbit: 1d20+11=27;

That should be more than enough to hit him. Thus, a Toughness DC 23.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:31 pm

The Doctor

POW!

The Doctor's kick falls a little short of White Rabbit's head. Instead his boot hits the villain straight in the chest, sending him falling back. He quickly rolls to his feet with a snarl. "A lucky shot, Freedom Leaguer...but let's switch things up this time!!" With a snap of his fingers, a second White Rabbit appears, then another and another until the entire Plaza is filled with copies of him.

"Follow the rabbit! Follow the rabbit!!" They all say in unison, "Pick the real one and win a prize!!" He laughs maniacally as the card knights all close in on the Doctor, taking swipes with their spears. While the attacks are easily avoidable, the Doctor is starting to think the Rabbit has ulterior motives....

I'm gonna need another Will roll and Perception roll from the Doctor.

Shutterbug

"Ooof!" The Queen of Hearts stumbles back from Shutterbug's attack, looking dazed and seeming to lose track of him for a second.

"You will lose your head for that!!" the Queen shrieks as her axe suddenly dissipates in a flash of red light, reforming into a collection of floating playing cards around her. With a wave of her hand, the cards fly towards the wall, causing explosions that leave volleyball sized craters in the wall. Fortunately, Shutterbug's natural agility lets him avoid being struck by these throwing cards of death.

Zorra and Cyborg

The two swordswomen rush the giant reptile in unison, raising their blades and rushing opposite sides of Bill.....

SLASH! SHING!!!

Everything freezes for a moment, Cyborg and Zorra now standing on the other side of Bill, the great lizard seemingly dumbfounded. Then a quick stumble, an attempt to stand up straight and.....

THUD!!

Bill flops down on his back, out cold. His bowler hat rolls across the pavement, stopping right at Cyborg's feet.

You can both see The Doctor trying to fight the White Rabbits, and you both saw a mysterious figure leap into a window of one of the Plaza towers. Cyborg, you have yet to spot the Hatter or the mouse creature that helped the Hatter escape. Zorra, you don't expect to spot Cheshire Cat, but there is also a chance he could have been lying. ;)

Your choice of what to do is yours.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:18 am

Shutterbug
Condition: normal
HP: 1

As the clock kept ticking, Shutterbug began to have his suspicions about ol' Queenie here. He started racing around the room, landing, then suddenly back-flipping, leaping straight up and other seemingly erratic evasive actions. But there was a method to his madness: he was positioning himself right where he needed to be so the next time Queenie tried to blast him, she'd disrupt the explosives circuit.

Acrobatics: 1D20+15 = [10]+15 = 25 Agile Feint / Trick as a move action (-5): 20

Improved Defense: 1D10+10+10+2 = [8]+10+10+2 = 30 Defend action: new Defense score is 30 for the next round.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Zorra
HP 0

Zorra quickly bumps knuckles with Cyborg. Then she looks to the window the mysterious figure leapt into. "Sorry, Cy," she says. "But I'm kind of lacking in the cybernetic hyper jumping department. I'll give the multiplying rabbits a quick lesson in subtraction if you'll check out whatever's happening upstairs." Without waiting for Cyborg's reply, Zorra rushes to the nearest cluster of White Rabbits and starts hacking at them with the plasmakatana.

Multiattack on 5 Rabbits (1d20+13-5=17, 1d20+13-5=18, 1d20+13-5=19, 1d20+13-5=28, 1d20+13-5=11)
Damage DC22 on any that are hit, and Weaken Fort DC17 or -1 Toughness.

Return to “M&M Game Room”