Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedomland

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby jemal » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:42 am

Cyborg
HP 1, Luck 1/2.
Defenses 20, Toughness +10, Fatigued.

Shaking her head as she parries the blows, Cyborg's redraws her blades "Alright, I tried this the easy way." she crouches for a moment under one of the queen's blows, then leaps upwards, vaulting over the robot to deliver a swift kick at the Hatter as her blades slice into the Queen.

Using multi-attack on the swords to hit both of them with the multiple targets ruling. The 'kicking' the Hatter is just thematic cuz I thought it looked cooler, if that's ok.
multiattack (1d20+13=23, 1d20+13=31)
OK, Hit 23 vs Hatter for DC 21 toughness, and 31 (CRIT) vs the Queen for DC 26 toughness.

User avatar
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:21 am

Cyborg

"Illegal move! Error!! ERROR!!! ERROR!!!!

SLASH!!!

The sword cuts right through the Queen's chest plating, sparks flying everywhere as the light in the robot's eyes dims. She falls back onto the ground.

"Oh dear....Oh dear oh dear oh dear!!!" The Hatter shrieks a bit as the kick sends him flying back, slamming into the back of a semi truck left abandoned on the road.

At that moment, the back of the truck opens up, revealing a three foot tall mouse-like creature in a vest and a top hat. The mouse creature gestures for the Hatter to come inside.

"I'm afraid that's my cue, madame!" The Hatter grins, leaping into the back of the truck and bowing, "Tata!! I'll see you at the tea party!!"

With that, the mouse creature shuts the back of the truck. When she runs to open the door, Cyborg finds no Hatter and no mouse creature. Only a crate sized bomb with an LED coundown clock counting down.

Blue Wizard and Starbolt

With a cheer from the college students, the bomb tumbles through the portal, crashing into the waters below. As the portal closes, a rush of water splashes through from the explosion, drenching the two heroes and the students but otherwise leaving them unharmed. Lying atop the bomb was a small envelope with a message inside.

You're Invited to Freedom City's Un-Birthday Celebration!!
The Festivities start at one o'clock sharp between the three places where man touches the sky.
Don't be late!!


The Doctor

"Of course it's my un-birthday you foolish bird!" The Queen snarls, "We aren't celebrating my un-birthday, but this fine city's!! You'll lose your head for such....

Suddenly, the Queen of Hearts stops as she looks at a nearby clock in the park. She grits her teeth and begins to fly up into the air, "We'll finish this at the celebration...."

With that, she zooms off into the sky, leaving the Doctor alone with the bomb at the foot of the Sentry Statue.

Zorra

"Aw, you said I was cute when I fought dirty," Zorra says with a shake of her head. "I'll see if we can scare up Lady Liberty for you, next time. Until then, here's a little souvenir of our dance." Zorra deftly cuts a "Z" in Cheshire Cat's shirt, not that he'd be likely to notice it among all the other artistic rips in his costume.


"That was before I knew you fought THIS dirty...." The Cheshire Cat says, slowly sitting up and watching as she carves the Z into his shirt. "I shall treasure it always." Cheshire Cat says, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Now, let's see if we can get rid of this wall and stop the boys in blue from shooting me long enough to get you an ambulance."


"Oh shut up, I'll be fine..." He says, managing to stand up. "I once broke my arm trying to get away from Siren...and that was before I even had superpowers."

With that, he raises one hand and flicks his wrist. At that motion, the brick wall comes apart, rebuilding itself in a dome around the SWAT team. In a puff of black smoke, Cheshire Cat is suddenly sitting atop this brick dome.

"So this is the way I see it. At one o'clock, the bombs the rest of the gang set go off. You wanna know where White Rabbit is, and I'd rather not try figuring out how to escape from Blackstone. Not to mention I always enjoy helping pretty girls." He smiles his trademark grin, "I'll tell you where the tea party is being held, and you let me go. You'll get to save the day, and next time you see me I'll take you out to a nice candlelit dinner at Chez Henri. Maybe a club afterwards....what do you say?
Last edited by dreamking89 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby robertness » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:45 am

Zorra
HP 0
CONDITION: Fine


"Now, you know neither of us dress appropriately for Chez Henri," Zorra says with a little laugh. She'd love to wipe the smug grin off Cheshire's face, but there just wasn't time. As he'd said, there was still White Rabbit to deal with and a day to be saved.

"Fine, it's a deal," Zorra curtsies in acknowledgement of the bargain. "But if you hurt anyone else on your way out of here, the only clubbing we do will be me hitting you over the head." And if Wizard ever hears about this, I'll never be able to make a rude remark about his social life again.

User avatar
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:15 pm

Zorra

"It's a deal then!" Cheshire Cat says, suddenly right in front of Zorra. Before she can react, he grabs her hand and pulls her close.

Suddenly, they are on the roof of the museum. Cheshire Cat whispers something into the master swordwoman's ear, then pulls back. "I'll keep in touch, fox girl." With a wink, he vanishes into thin air.

I'll send you a PM telling you what Cheshire Cat whispered to her. Just to keep things interesting for everyone else. :P
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby robertness » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:41 am

Zorra
HP 0
CONDITION: Fine


As Zorra makes her way to the side of the museum where she parked her bike, she activates her communicator. "This is Zorra. The museum's clear," she says. "I'm afraid the perp... Elluded capture." Antonia can't believe she just agreed to go out with some sleezed out psychopath. And she can't believe how much fun it was to fight him. There had to be something wrong with her, but there wasn't any time to waste figuring out what that could be.

"I got a lead on White Rabbit and his buddies," Zorra broadcasts over the comm. "My source says the Rabbit's been holed up at Pyramid Plaza. I'm on my way to check it out." With that she leaps down to the alley where Scirroco is parked, gets on the motorcycle, and speeds towards the Plaza.

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby jemal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:00 am

Cyborg

Cyborg speaks into her comms as she inspects the bomb and van "I chased off the weirdo and took out his robot doll, but now I've got a bomb here.. Looks pretty big.
Anybody know how to defuse it? Or should I just toss it in the river?"


Cyborg looks around the van for any obvious wires/ traps, and then carefully places her hands on the bomb, trying to gently lift it to see if she's could do what she just suggested.

Perception (1d20+10=28)
What's the countdown at? And how close to 1 o'clock is it? Do the times match up? (Is this bomb set to blow at 1?)
The lifting is of course assuming she doesn't see any obvious trigger mechanisms.
I'm guessing from it's size that it'll require two arms to lift, meaning that If you'd like, you could activate my 'one armed lifting' complication by saying it requires more than str 5(1,600 lbs) but less than str 8(6 tons) to lift.
Otherwise, I'm seriously considering just tossing it away from the highway and letting it make a hole in the grass.. Or hell, maybe even into the river..
Unless someone can think of a good reason not to? :P cyborg don't know nuthin bout 'splodies.

User avatar
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby dreamking89 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Cyborg

Sure enough, the bomb was set to go off at 1 PM at the start of White Rabbit's 'tea party' (In about 20 minutes). Fortunately, a quick scan of the truck interior with your cybernetic eye shows no sign of anything that would trigger the explosion if the C4 was moved. Cyborg grabs the crate as fast as she can, flinging the crate into the air and into the river. Surprisingly, an explosion on the water occurs on the other side of the bridge, harming no one but getting everyone on the bridge soaked.

At that moment, Cyborg gets the message from Zorra.

The explosion that soaked the bridge was from the bomb that Blue Wizard dropped into the river.

As soon as Xero posts what the Doctor's actions are. If he doesn't post by Monday, I'll take care of his action and set the scene for Pyramid Plaza.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:37 pm

The Doctor
HP 2
CONDITION: Fine


After the Queen vanished, the Doctor immediately went for the bomb. Finally finding it, he knew he could not disarm the bomb, but he could move it; thus, the Doctor quickly whipped the bomb into the bay, where he knew it could detonate without any form of destruction upon the city.

OOC: Sorry for the wait, I could not get to posting this until now.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

User avatar
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby dreamking89 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:33 pm

I'm surprised no one actually tried to disarm it. Oh well.


The crate of C4 lands in the water a good distance from shore, quickly sinking to the bottom of the riverbed. The Doctor is now expert in explosives, but he is sure the triggering mechanism will have short circuited due to the water. The bomb would be useless at the bottom of the river.

At that moment, the Doctor hears Zorra's message over their commlink:

robertness wrote:
"I got a lead on White Rabbit and his buddies," Zorra broadcasts over the comm. "My source says the Rabbit's been holed up at Pyramid Plaza. I'm on my way to check it out."



Feel free to post your character's various 'exits'. I'll have the scene for Pyramid Plaza up hopefully within the next few days.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

User avatar
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby dreamking89 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:33 pm

Image

Pyramid Plaza consists of the three tallest skyscrapers in Freedom City, each one built in a spiral stretching up towards the sky. The unique spiral structure of the identical towers makes it quite a sight to see. People come from all over the world to see the famous towers, not to mention the fantastic view the second tower gives of the entire city.

And now there was a giant table set up between the three towers, standing a good 30 feet off the ground. The table is topped with giant teapots, teacups, sugar bowls, silverware and plates. Obviously, this oddity had not been there yesterday. The police have surrounded Pyramid Plaza, but have yet to move due to the fear of a bomb going off. It is this to this scene that the Freedom League arrives....

Sorry, I meant to put this up on Sunday but life sort of got in the way. You are all free to post your actions.

Badpenny, if you've been watching this thread, you are free to post now as well.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

User avatar
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: Under The Greenwood Tree

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby badpenny » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:24 am

Shutterbug

Shutterbug glided through the financial district, the thermals and updrafts giving him longer hang time. He waved to various citizens who pointed at him and came in for a landing on to the roof of the Wading Way station within the shadow of the Freedom towers. His glider wings folded automatically inside the protective wing-casing as he touched down. A particularly attractive brunette standing down below looked up at him. He waggled his fingers at her. She scowled then laughed softly. He wished he had time to hang around and flirt, but he some investigatin' to do. With a powerful leap, he cleared the street and landed on an adjacent building. Another leap to another building across the street and he scurried toward Freedom Plaza along the outside of the building. Normally he'd stop and wave at the people inside working away, sometimes to simply admire a gorgeous girl or even put on a wall-crawling show. Ah, how he loved his peeps.

But now he was a little more business. He could do serious when he had to. Most people thought him a clown, and that was just fine with him. He loved being underestimated.

Another series of leaps, a little bug-on-the-wing action and he was staring down at a giant table set for a tea party. He'd seen the two explosions in the river and wasn't sure what was going on. He looked down at the giant table and wondered how long it'd been there. Kicking in the thermal imaging filter, he scanned the surface for signs of any heat traces.


robertness
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby robertness » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:49 pm

Zorra
HP 0
CONDITION: Fine


Of course this Weirdoland bunch would have to pick Pyramid Plaza, Zorra thought as she raced her motorcycle through the city streets. To her mind, there was something wrong with designing an office building to look like an escapee from a Salvador Dali painting. But she wasn't going there to admire the architecture today.

The fox-hooded hero zipped her bike past the police barricades and into the Plaza, quickly stopping Scirocco with a squeal of tires and brakes. "Hello, Bun-Bun!" She calls out, "I'm here for the party. You ready for your smack down?"

User avatar
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:19 pm

Zorra

Suddenly, White Rabbit hops down from the top of the giant table and lands in front of Zorra. "You made it!! And early for once. I'm afraid you've caught me completely unprepared!!" White Rabbit flips out a pocket watch. "Not to worry, fox girl. I'll make sure you're plenty entertained until the preparations are in order. BILL!!" A tiny lizard crawls up White Rabbit''s back and onto his shoulder, "Make sure this Freedom Leaguer enjoys herself until the tea party begins!" With that, White Rabbit tosses "Bill" into the air.

At first, Zorra had the urge to catch the poor animal before it splatted on the ground. However, that feeling quickly vanished when she saw that the lizard was growing. It quickly grew to the size of a basketball, then the size of a large dog and larger and larger.....Finally, when "Bill" landed, he was a good two feet taller than Zorra and had taken on a more humanoid shape. He had also somehow gotten clothes: a suit, red vest and a bowler hat. The lizard monster snarls, and roars ferociously at Zorra.

I rolled initiative for both of you, Zorra goes first. If someone else posts and chooses to help Zorra, I'll roll initiative for them at that point (or let them take a surprise round, if that's what they choose).


Shutterbug

You would think that giant whistling teapots would give off some sort of heat signature, but on your infrared vision, nothing on the table seems to give off any heat. You do, however, spot a heat signature near the ground. A quick switch back to normal vision tells you that it's none other than Zorra, one of the new members of the Freedom League!! You were about to hop down and see if she needed any assistance, but something else catches your eye.

On the 13th floor of Pyramid Plaza 1 (the tower closest to Shutterbug), you sense a huge heat signature seeming to take up the entire floor. Another glance at the ground, and you see Zorra is now facing some sort of giant reptile monster. It looks like she could use some help, but someone should probably check out what's happening on the 13th floor.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

User avatar
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Raccoon City

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:01 pm

The Doctor
HP 2
CONDITION: Fine


After hearing Zorra's message, The Doctor rushed his way toward Pyramid Plaza. He was sure that the Queen of Hearts would most likely be there... and the one responsible for all of these happenings. Jumping from building to building, Dr. Plague was thinking of the best stratagem for dealing with these Wonder-wannabes; however, nothing came up at the time, and decided to focus on getting to Pyramid Plaza.

Upon arriving to the Plaza, he saw Zorra was already there, giving a stare-down against a giant lizard creature. Looking higher up, The Doctor saw a strange insect creature clinging to one if the building's walls. "The Caterpillar, perhaps?" Plague thought to himself out loud, recalling the original stories from memory. "This may be an ambush. Better have a better look."

Taking a natural 10 for Perception to spot any form of an ambush, with a total of 18.
Image
SKYPE: X3r0.Kh4n

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

robertness
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (IC)-Chapter 1-Malice in Freedom

Postby robertness » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Zorra
HP 0
CONDITION: OMG! Dinosaur in a bowler hat!


As the SWAT Team, media, and bystanders watch, the massive lizard named Bill towers over Zorra and roars at viciously at her. In response to the thunderous growl, the swordswoman casually waves a hand in front of her face. "Seriously, Bill," she says. "Try a breath mint."



Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests