Infinite New Vindicators [2e] (OOC-full)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Infinite New Vindicators [2e] (OOC-full)

Postby Arkrite » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:47 am

Gilliam wrote: "Have you ever met someone who you just loath on sight, everything they say or do just sets your teeth on edge, that was what it was like between Zane and me."

That's how it was for Zane and Shock too ;~)

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:12 pm

Arkrite wrote:
Gilliam wrote: "Have you ever met someone who you just loath on sight, everything they say or do just sets your teeth on edge, that was what it was like between Zane and me."

That's how it was for Zane and Shock too ;~)

*nodnodnod* :mrgreen:

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:31 pm

I have to wonder sometimes if Davies is aware of just how long a shadow his Project Freedom game continues to cast over the ATT...at least the gameroom.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:14 am

Sounds like there is a good story there :)

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:56 am

Project Freedom (warning: very long thread) was a game run by Davies that ended a couple of years ago. We played prisoners that were in a sort of halfway house for super-criminals. My character and Arkrite's character didn't get along.

It was awesome.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:00 am

I played a character named Zane who, in what seems to be a running trend, was hard to get along with and was not universally loved.
In fact I do believe I had a few people who weren't even in the game express their need to load Zane into a rocket and fire him into the sun ;~)

They were very polite about it though, which was nice.

Poor H&H gets to hear a bunch of us reminisce about old times as he tends to get stuck in games with a lot of the old Project Freedom players.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:01 am

Shock wrote:Project Freedom (warning: very long thread) was a game run by Davies that ended a couple of years ago. We played prisoners that were in a sort of halfway house for super-criminals. My character and Arkrite's character didn't get along.

It was awesome.

Yes, and while I avoided the Sophmore Blitz in order to keep things in line with the INV fiction, I expect there to be friction between students at this academy at some point. Maybe not Lex and Jack levels of friction or Lex and Vlad levels (really, blind one villain and you're marked for life), but friction. Even if it doesn't happen between pc's, I've got some npc's designed who're guaranteed to cause issues. It's kinda their purpose.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:13 am

I'm toying with the idea of being friendly with Arkrite's character. It'll be a nice change of pace ;}

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 am

Us? Being nice to each other?
If that isn't a challenge I don't know what is! ;~)

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:32 am

Shock wrote:Prehistoric
HP: 2

David's eyes bulged. "Being a Neo-Sapien makes you attractive to girls?"

Not to Francis. Of course he has issues of his own.
Impeach the peach!

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:53 am

But look at it from Arturo's perspective: The dude can have EIGHT hands :mrgreen:

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:31 am

Some of the differences between the American Academy and the Academy of the Americas are cultural, some are the result of an effective PR campaign and others are simply a matter of time. This campaign is few years ahead of the Oubliette-137 campaign and people have gotten a bit more used to the idea of NS's as heroes.

As Arturo has mentioned, not everyone is on board and there are enough criminal NS's out there to keep everything from going too smoothly. Of course Arturo also has a slightly skewed view of things. He grew up poor in Mexico, with boxing being his one way out of the Barrio. Now, he's living well, at a school where he gets a monthly allowance of $1000 US, regular meals and a good education. His idea of how the world views NS's is heavily colored by his own increased fortunes after his powers manifested.

Things might not be quite as rosey as he believes them to be.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:37 am

I guess I should have asked. I'm not sure about the official status of the Academy in New York. You said there was violence and it's not safe.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:48 am

Shock wrote:I guess I should have asked. I'm not sure about the official status of the Academy in New York. You said there was violence and it's not safe.

I kind envision it like the civil rights movement of the 1960's. The official position is one of integration into society and acceptance, but there's a deep well of prejudice that has only recently (within a few years) seen something of a reversal. Much of the population still isn't completely on board with the new NS friendlier position of the government and a small but energetic portion of the population is actively opposed to any acceptance of NS's. Some politicians will play to those fears to gain power.

So legally, the New Vindicators Academy is open, but it can be a dangerous place because of the potential for violence by radical anti-NS activists.

At the New Vindicators Academy of the Americas, Headmaster Importuna and Pandora Olivas, the UN PR liaison have tried to head that off with a public relations campaign that turns the students (or at least those with more dynamic powers) into celebrities. It works to a degree, but there are downsides.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:53 am

It'll be interesting to see if they leave the team getting flattened by their own team mate in the mix. Or if they save that for a blooper reel ;~)

I suspect it'll get left on the cutting room floor.

Return to “M&M Game Room”