Freedom League: Rebirth (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (OOC)

Postby Ysariel » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:31 pm

I thought it was pretty obvious she's basically a Starfire ripoff... :D
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:48 pm

Let's see here:

Starbolt = Starfire

Cyborg = Cyborg

The Doctor = Robin

Wizard = Raven

Jenni = ???

Zorra = ???

Overall, we do complete the Teen Titans. The only member "missing" would be Beast Boy. :P

Anyway, I have a basic battle plan posted in IC. Have a read.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Great now I have to play with Pretty Pretty Ponies to be JUST like Raven :lol:
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:18 pm

I should point out that Freedom Hall is actually pretty close to City Hall. Less than a half mile away, actually.

Poor timing on the bad guy's part.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:40 am

For those of you who aren't aware of this, a map of Freedom City can be found here. I was unaware of it until last week. I didn't see a point labled as City Hall, am I correct in assuming it's in the circular area labled "City Center" or some such? (I'm on a work computer that's not letting me open the file, so I'm working from memory here.)

Hound wrote:Great now I have to play with Pretty Pretty Ponies to be JUST like Raven :lol:

And I thought the Raven and Fox were Wizard's answer to Pretty Pretty Ponies.

The conversations with jemal about making Cyborg's limbs detachable always had me think of the scenes in Teen Titans Go where Cyborg is reduced to a head with spaghetti wire arms and legs.

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:03 pm

robertness wrote:For those of you who aren't aware of this, a map of Freedom City can be found here. I was unaware of it until last week. I didn't see a point labled as City Hall, am I correct in assuming it's in the circular area labled "City Center" or some such? (I'm on a work computer that's not letting me open the file, so I'm working from memory here.)

You would be right. The "center circle" of the City Center is a circular lawn, while City Hall faces the lawn on it's west side.

I also posted a setup for the next scene. Feel free to make your entrance any way you wish. Also, give me an initiative roll too.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:39 pm

When you're a nerd with UNLIMITED COSMIC POWERS, subtly tends to go out the window.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:44 pm

True that. And a big thanks for posting that theme music. Have to remember "The Wizard has powers, unspeakable powers."

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:51 pm

I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but while we were still working on builds, I made my "age" affect toughness only. This way I can't "kill" someone if they age to much, just make them brittle. This way it also effects things like robots, and "rusts" them instead of them being immune to it.

I figured that made more sense. Let me know if anyone still has an issue with that or anything else i have. I don't want people mad at me or my character
My Characters

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:00 am

So I've seen a lot of games fizzle out because they've been waiting on a single person or two. So to keep the game moving at a steady pace, I've come up with this rule.

I said when I started this game I was hoping for everyone to post at least once a day. Therefore I think it's only fair that I give my players 24 hours to respond to combat (or in this case, roll initiative). If no one responds within that time, they forfeit their action to the GM (who won't do anything stupid as the PC, but won't necessarily pull off any big acts of teamwork either.) In this case, if Ysariel and jemal haven't posted their initiative by 5:45 (24 hours after I posted the combat start), I'll roll it for them.

Does that sound fair to everyone?

Firebrand

Postby Karma » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:12 am

Certainly.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:38 am

Sounds fair to me.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:42 am

Same here.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:44 am

Actually, now that I think about it... Neither Cyborg or Starbolt have Seize Initiative. And even with a reroll, it's impossible for them to beat 52.

So Jenni Rocket can take her turn to get things started. (Wonderful thing about speedsters, they always go first :P )

Firebrand

Postby Karma » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:52 am

It seems a bit redundant after a point, though.

Anyway...
Are the thugs grouped together enough for Jenni to hit them all in a 30-foot radius burst?

Return to “M&M Game Room”