Freedom League: Rebirth (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (OOC)

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:18 am

Very good on the intro posts, everyone.

Feel free to continue to roleplay amongst yourselves if you get the chance, since I won't be able to post until later tonight.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Firebrand

Postby Karma » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Oh hey, if anybody's got a 2E Core Rulebook handy, there's actually a color picture of Jenni running with Johnny Rocket on page 33.

ILooking at them side-by-side, I realize their costumes are actually more different than I was thinking...

Jenni might gradually change her costume to be more like his, but she'll probably keep the different color scheme. Totally adopting a costume like his implies that she thinks he's not coming back.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Zorra turned off the motor and got off her bike. She took her device from her pocket. It still showed a flashing red dot on Freedom Hall. Displaying the gizmo to the others, she says, "So, anyone figure out how to make the little girl robot with the huge mallet chase the mad scientist robot?"

I still don't know what this refers to. :)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

Firebrand

Postby Karma » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:41 pm

I think she's joking about playing a game on her phone... but I have no idea what game, if any, she is specifically referencing.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:22 pm

Ahh. That makes sense. :)

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:33 pm

I wasn't going to address this, but since Jenni Rocket brought it up I might as well.

Any nonpowered family of League members has been moved out Freedom Hall. When it became apparent that the League wasn't returning any time soon, AEGIS Director Powers had them moved to a different location in case of an attack from supervillains. Bolt (Captain Thunder's son) still attends Claremont Academy and Nancy still lives in Freedom City, but Powers felt having them live in the League's old headquarters at this time was painting too big a target for villains.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Firebrand

Postby Karma » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:40 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest she was still there now.
Your first post pretty heavily implied nobody's been there for a while.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Ysariel wrote:
Zorra turned off the motor and got off her bike. She took her device from her pocket. It still showed a flashing red dot on Freedom Hall. Displaying the gizmo to the others, she says, "So, anyone figure out how to make the little girl robot with the huge mallet chase the mad scientist robot?"

I still don't know what this refers to. :)

Right, so Walt Disney World has an interactive scavenger hunt game played with modified cellphones. Our summons by iPad-like devices directing the characters to Freedom Hall reminded me of that game. Figuring that the Freedomverse probably has a WDW analog, I was running with that. The game works by getting your cellphone close to the designated location. When the GPS in the phone registers that you're at the right spot, the phone gives you a button to push which sends a signal to Disney's computers and an Audioanimatronic effect is activated.

Prepare to be bored by vacation photo:

This is the image I was thinking of:
Curse You Hammer Girl! by Robertness, on Flickr

Firebrand

Postby Karma » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:23 pm

Wow, look at that. I got it completely wrong.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Eh, game with cellphones. Close enough. :D

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:16 pm

All of your characters are aware of who Langston Albright is (save for Starbolt, she's a bit new to Earth), he is a very public figure and is often in the news. For those of you who don't know a lot about him OOC, here's a bit to help.

Langston Albright is the head of the Albright Institute (a foundation dedicated to the study and understanding of people with superpowers). He is also the former alter ego of Beacon: a superhero with light powers from the late 50s/early 60s and former member of the Freedom League.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Just edited my last post. Noticed that I had missed something in Hound's prior that made what I posted totally wrong.

Firebrand

Postby Karma » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Is the Wizard even old enough to have had a first date then?

...My experience may be atypical.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:20 pm

I think it's just comical exaggeration. I'm pretty sure dinosaurs walked the earth back in 2003... :lol:

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:46 pm

23-10=13

>_> I dunno. Maybe?

My first "official" date was 12, but the girl's older sister followed us the whole time.

Also @ Starbolt sounded exactly like the Teen Titan's Starfire in my head in that last post. :lol:
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Return to “M&M Game Room”