Freedom League: Rebirth (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Freedom League: Rebirth (OOC)

Postby Ysariel » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:56 am

Incidentally,

jemal wrote:people who spent points on it get to say they're richer/more mysterious/hotter, and have invested in the right to do so

I would rather not play in a game where everyone is competing to see whose character is the hottest/richest/most mysterious/most awesome/most popular/most powerful etc. That gets tiring quick.

I would like a cooperative atmosphere with players who are willing and able to share the spotlight.
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:12 am

I'm pretty sure Ysariel is right, it just means if someone finds your character attractive, well now they also get a bonus for it.

After all, Character A, a female might go into battl wearing steal pants, gauntlets, a helmet, but for some odd reason a bikini top and has massive... top assests, and yes, I've seen video games, comics, and cartoons with this, then NPC's who are... ummm interested in top heavy characters would love her.

But if the guy is a leg man, he might be immune to it!
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:27 pm

I think I'm going to abandon Starfire-esque speech patterns. It's actually really difficult to do properly without being annoying.

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:16 pm

Ysariel wrote:I think I'm going to abandon Starfire-esque speech patterns. It's actually really difficult to do properly without being annoying.

Just don't drop the references to random alien creatures/events/holidays. That was always my favorite thing about Starfire. :P
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:17 pm

Does anyone want to talk to the cops before we head back to base?

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:31 pm

robertness wrote:Does anyone want to talk to the cops before we head back to base?

If you guys want to, I'll reedit the 'ending' post to allow you guys a chance to speak with the cops.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:17 pm

I'm good without talking to cops at this point. Edit: Hadn't noticed the stuff past the bit addressed to Wizard for some reason.

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:26 pm

robertness wrote:I'm good without talking to cops at this point. Edit: Hadn't noticed the stuff past the bit addressed to Wizard for some reason.

That's cause I just edited the post. :D

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Everyone gets one PP and gains a Hero Point.

You also all have access to Freedom Hall as well, the stats of which are as follows:

Size: Large

Toughness: 15

Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Security System

Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Hound » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:25 pm

+2 Arcane Lore
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:29 pm

I think I will get +2 Close Combat: Unarmed. :)

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:34 pm

By the way, dreamking, you never said whether people without environmental adaptation: zero gravity actually do suffer penalties in space. :)

In 2e, fighting in zero gravity gave you a -4 penalty to attack; it's missing from the 3e section on environmental hazards, which may be an omission.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Maybe we should each respond to one if the questions? Share the spotlight a bit and use them to introduce our characters yo the world a bit more for those who haven't already?
Unless people just want to move on?

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:24 pm

jemal wrote:Maybe we should each respond to one if the questions? Share the spotlight a bit and use them to introduce our characters yo the world a bit more for those who haven't already?
Unless people just want to move on?

I just put them up as questions (partially joke ones), but if you feel like answering them go for it.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:30 pm

I gave the Doctor the Uncanny Dodge Advantage with the 1pp. I figured that he needed that.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Return to “M&M Game Room”