Iron Edda: Heroes of Metal & Bone (OOC, Closed) [3e]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
kphinderer
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Iron Edda: Heroes of Metal & Bone (OOC & Recruiting) [3e

Postby kphinderer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Okay, how many EP is it to change the Holdfast boat into Skidbladnir (http://www.viking-mythology.com/items.php). It could be my character saw some plans and is in the process of retrofitting the Holdfast. It could also be supplemental to our Holdfast and I have to make it a device.

Captain Indigo
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Captain Indigo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:10 pm

First off, that rocks the ***deleted*** out loud. Secondly, that might work better as a "shuttle" so we can zip around overland, away from the main Holdfast.

I also love the image this gives me of my character jumping the ***deleted*** out a mile or better up, summoning his Jotuun as he falls, and utterly WRECKING some dwarfs when he lands.

Captain Indigo
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Captain Indigo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Boo to auto-censoring!

kphinderer
Bystander
Bystander

Postby kphinderer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Our personal transport sounds great. Of course you know it's just anti-gravity drives with an extra dimensional pocket it folds into. Dwarves have awesome tech.

Captain Indigo
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Captain Indigo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Oh is that all? 0_o

kanly
Groupie
Groupie

Postby kanly » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Go dwarf tech! (except of course when it is being used against us, then it is Boo dwarf tech!)

kphinderer
Bystander
Bystander

Postby kphinderer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Okay, looking at things, it would effectively be a private jet or jumbo jet with shrinking to get it down to 6 inches. Is there a conversion from equipment to device?

kanly
Groupie
Groupie

Postby kanly » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:51 pm

every 5 ep=1pp which you can use how you wish. otherwise not really.
might be easier (and a LOT cheaper) to just use a device based summoning effect. Shrinking is way expensive!

angille
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Iron Edda: Heroes of Metal & Bone (OOC, Closed) [3e]

Postby angille » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:31 pm

You may have (or not - it was a subtle change) noticed I swapped "Recruiting" out for "Closed" in the title of this thread. One of the folks I thought I had invited in the very first round of recruiting for this revealed today that he never got the memo, and then expressed a ton of interest.

I've known Bryan for years - his PCs tend towards socialites, with some healthy humor tucked in somewhere. He should be able to provide us with a Prologue roll once he catches up with the thread.
Running Iron Edda: Heroes of Metal and Bone
IC Post | OOC Post

kphinderer
Bystander
Bystander

Postby kphinderer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:45 pm

This weekend has been crazy and next week I'm out of town. I may not be able to revise my character until the week after next, sorry (though I'm putting my character on the google drive and I have the book on my phone so I might be able to do something).

kanly
Groupie
Groupie

Postby kanly » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:27 pm

How about this?

Statue of Skidbladnir (Easily Removable) 18 pts
Skidbladnir: Create 10 (Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Increased Duration: continuous, Innate, Movable, Stationary; Activation 2: standard action, Limited: Only Skidbladnir form)

angille
Bystander
Bystander

Postby angille » Mon May 05, 2014 8:59 am

I'm calling it. (glances at watch) 'Cause it's been, what, 47 days? Sorry group.

So I got pretty down when (as I thought the next few steps were player-driven) it seemed like nobody was posting. I'm sure everyone was waiting for something. Please let me know what you folks were thinking and what I could have done to keep things moving.

I think I actually need to get a bit more writing done, and I'm gonna try a F2F one-shot with the pregens, before trying this experiment again. One of the things I think I need to emphasize in the future is the necessity for holdfast creation to be complete before character creation. I feel like the group kept tripping over PC concepts before the campaign world was finalized. The way that Tracy designed War of Metal and Bone was to be an extremely modular framework that could carry any group's story, and I want that to follow through in Heroes of Metal and Bone.

Anyway. Thanks everyone for being willing to step into this experiment with me.
Running Iron Edda: Heroes of Metal and Bone
IC Post | OOC Post

kanly
Groupie
Groupie

Postby kanly » Mon May 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Well, a few ideas of how to fit the world together given our background had been voiced but then we stalled out. PBP seems to be VERY susceptible to momentum. The fate system has mechanics to structure such things and make it less awkward. In play by post it is particularly hard to "Talk things out" since there can be so much time between posts and availability of posters. I'm sure that if we were all sitting around someone's living room with food and drinks, we could hash it out in a couple of hours. Perhaps it would have been helpful for you to share that this was something you expected us to take initiative on and perhaps give us a few pointers about the world in general to keep us thinking and active.

Return to “M&M Game Room”