[2e] Wild Cards Agents of FBI [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Re: [2e] Wild Cards Agents of FBI [Recruiting 5]

Postby mrdent12 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:39 pm

The OP is updated with recruitment details. Later tonight I will add the links posted by Aerlock.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:05 pm

^_^ I call the unpowered agent.

Hosea "Ace" Skaggs
Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 120/120

STR: +3 (16), DEX: +4 (18), CON: +3 (16), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +1 (12), CHA: +1 (12)

Tough: +3/+7, Fort: +8, Ref: +9, Will: +5

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Climb 2 (+5), Concentration 6 (+7), Disable Device 4 (+5), Drive 2 (+6), Escape Artist 3 (+7), Intimidate 6 (+7), Investigate 2 (+3), Knowledge (current events) 1 (+2), Knowledge (popular culture) 1 (+2), Knowledge (streetwise) 1 (+2), Knowledge (tactics) 6 (+7), Knowledge (technology) 2 (+3), Medicine 2 (+3), Notice 6 (+7), Profession (Agent) 2 (+3), Search 2 (+3), Sense Motive 7 (+8), Stealth 7 (+11), Survival 6 (+7), Swim 8 (+11)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (ranged) 2, Attack Specialization (Assault Rifle), Benefit (FBI Agent), Chokehold, Diehard, Dodge Focus 4, Equipment 5, Favored Opponent 2 (Aces) (+2), Fighting Style: Krav Maga, Grappling Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Block, Improved Critical (Assault Rifle), Improved Disarm, Improved Grapple, Improved Sunder, Improved Trip, Luck 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Shot, Quick Draw 2, Startle, Swift

Powers:
Enhanced Trait 1 (Feats: Benefit (FBI Agent))
Parkour (Super-Movement 3) (training, sure-footed 3 (75% penalty reduction))

Equipment: Arsenal (Assault Rifle, Flash-Bang, Fragmentation Grenade, Taser), FBI Standard issue [No Cost] (Commlink, Handcuffs, ID Card [Enhanced Trait 1, Feats: Benefit (FBI Agent)], Light Pistol, Stun Gun, Undercover Shirt), Multi-Tool, Night Vision Goggles, Tactical Vest

Attack Bonus: +5 (Ranged: +7, Melee: +5, Grapple: +9)

Attacks: Assault Rifle, +9 (DC 20), Flash-Bang, (DC Fort/Ref 14), Fragmentation Grenade, (DC Ref 15), Light Pistol, +7 (DC 18), Stun Gun, +5 (DC Fort 17), Taser, +7 (DC Fort 15), Unarmed Attack, +5 (DC 18)

Defense: +9 (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -3

Initiative: +4

Languages: Native Language (English)

Totals: Abilities 26 + Skills 20 (80 ranks) + Feats 34 + Powers 6 + Combat 20 + Saves 14 + Drawbacks 0 = 120

Background
Hosea Skaggs was born into poverty in a small town in the Appalachian mountains named Booneville. It was a matter of fact in the town that if you were born poor, you'd never leave and you'd die poor. Hosea decided that he, the youngest of eight, would flaunt that destiny. Whenever he wasn't working the mines, he was training himself into a paragon of physical fitness and studying any book that he could find. When he turned eighteen, he said goodbye to his family and hitchhiked his way to Quantico. There, he learned that they only accepted candidates with a college education or prior military or law enforcement experience. Fortunately, he caught the attention of one of the administrators, who secured a scholarship for him to Northern Virginia Community College and thereafter Strayer University, graduating with a degree in Criminal Justice. He applied for the academy and distinguished himself in training, earning the nickname of "Ace" for the running joke that the only way he could excel like he did was because he had a Wild Card talent. Among his other training, Ace has been taught how to quickly cover broken ground and how to best combat out-of-control Carders.

Complications
  • Background - Hosea grew up poor, and is still frugal to a point that occasionally rubs people the wrong way. He doesn't outright condemn the excess of society, but the way that he sets himself aside can read as contempt.
  • Responsibility - Hosea still has family in Booneville. He sends a portion of his salary back home in hopes that it will buy a few nice things for them. Unfortunately, his family seems to have felt that he betrayed them as they have never sent a return letter since he left for the academy.
  • Responsibility - Hosea has taken an oath to help protect the United States and he is adamant on that line.
  • Prejudice - It cuts both ways. Hosea is sometimes looked down on for his pronounced drawl and old-fashioned ways. He, in turn, believes that Aces don't know the proper meaning of hard work and have had far too much just handed to them.

Notes
Most of the build is lifted from the Navy Seal build in Agents of Freedom. The Parkour bit was because I liked the idea of him compensating for his lack of powers by increasing his mobility on the ground. The Appalachian background came with the name when I decided on it. I realized afterwards that I could probably have said that the equipment was free from the FBI, but I like the idea that he's got his own set of equipment where he doesn't have to worry about requisitioning it for assignments.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:47 am, edited 5 times in total.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:47 pm

Agent Mizu "Shark" Fisher

BIO:

It began when an infant was found by a Japanese-American fisherman while he was fishing. When she was found, it was apparent that the infection had gotten to her and made her look like a shark. Masa Fisher, the fisherman that found the infant, had adopted her as his own and named her "Mizu", for she was found in the water. Years had passed, and the two grew close to each other. They both lived in the very fishing boat that Masa owned, for he could find no other place to live. As Mizu had grown older, she grew to love fishing, but wanted a better education. When the funds had become enough, Masa was able to send Mizu to High School and even College for the young lady. Happy about this, Mizu was able to quickly go through High School with a high grade point average, allowing her to go to Harvard.

Once Mizu was able to pass Harvard, she was contacted by the FBI about joining them, for her grades were far surpassing their expectation for a new agent. When Mizu told her adopted father, he was both happy and sad. He was happy for she would be an exceptional member of society, but sad because he would not see her as much. Mizu promised him that she would meet up with her adopted father when she had free time and would fish with him.

Upon joining the FBI, Mizu was immediately put on an older case: the murder of a millionaire couple while they were at sea. Upon investigation, Mizu had learned that the couple were well known to society: the man, who was a Joker without a face, was an entrepreneur, while his wife, a famed model Ace with Pheromonal powers were killed on the man's yacht; however, upon closer inspection of their DNA, Mizu had become curious about something, and wanted her DNA analyzed. It turned out that these two were her biological parents. Upon telling her higher ups, they had to take her off the case due to personal reasons. As a result, Mizu was sent on a vacation until they had put the case into a Cold Case file. During that time, Mizu had been fishing with her adopted father and told him all she learned. Masa was both surprised and happy about this, for he told Mizu that he found her in the waters about the same day as the murder.

When her vacation was up and the case on her real parents became a Cold Case, Mizu was put on a special team that was unexplained to her at that time...

COMPLICATIONS:

1) RELATIONSHIP: Mizu's adopted father, Masa Fisher (he is a Deuce, being able to detect life signs when obscured or concealed)

2) RESPONSIBILITY: Mizu is an FBI Agent.

3) MOTIVE: Mizu works for the FBI for the thrills of the cases that she is put on.

4) OBSESSION (somewhat): Mizu wants to know who had killed her real parents, but only goes on about that when the subject comes up.

5) OBSESSION- Sushi: Because of her living with a Japanese-American Fisherman, Mizu LOVES sushi, even more than cooked fish.
===================================
STR 12
DEX 12
CON 13
INT 15
AWE 14
PRE 14
FEATS (21pp)

Attack Focus (Ranged) 5
Benefit (Gov't Agent)
Defensive Roll 1
Distract (Intimidation)
Fascinate (Intimidation)
Fearsome Presence 5
Improved Initiative
Iron Stomach
Precise Shot
Redirect
Sea Legs 3
Startle

~~~Equipment 0~~~

--Free--

(L. Pistol)
Blast 3

(Bullet-Proof Vest)
Protection 2

>Earbuds
>Handcuffs
--------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SKILLS 20

Computers 2+2
Diplomacy 4+2
Drive 4+1
Gather Information 4+2
Intimidation 12+2
Investigation 6+2
Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences) 3+2
(Civics) 2+2
(Current Events) 2+2
(Streetwise) 2+2
Notice 12+2
Profession (Government Agent) 3+2
Search 8+2
Stealth 8+1
Survival 8+2
POWERS (24pp)

Enhanced Feats 4
>Environmental Adaption [underwater]
>Favored Environment [underwater] 2

Immunity 3
>Drowning
>Need for Sleep
>High Pressure

Protection 4

Strike 2
>Bite
=Improved Critical
=Mighty

Super-Senses 3
>Acute Smell
>Low-Light Vision
>Tracking [Smell]

Swimming 4
>25 MPH MAXIMUM
=Improved Overrun
=Move-by Action
OFFENSE

Initiative +5
Grapple +3

Melee +6 (+2 Underwater)
Range +11 (+2 Underwater)

Damage: Unarmed DC 16
Bite 19-20; DC 18
L. Pistol DC 18
DEFENSE

Fort 3+1
Refx 4+1
Will 4+2

Defense +6 (+2 Underwater)
Tough +1 {+4 Protection}[+2 Bulletproof Vest](+1 D. Roll)
Knockback -2 (Only w/ Tough save and Protection)

How does this work? I left the parent-murder thing vague for Plot Device. Enjoy. :P
Last edited by XeroKhan on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:52 pm

FuzzyBoots:

I like the idea of a hard working, nose to the grind stone type human agent who has worked his rear end off to be able to go toe to toe with Wild Cards. He brings a unique perspective to the game. My only concern is the favored opponent Wild Carders because that is going to be a lot of his opponents. If you limited it to Aces or Jokers it would work, but as it stands he will always be getting the bonus's.

Xerokhan:

A shark Joker certainly would push the FBI message of diversity as well as provide interesting interactions. I also like the sub plot of her parents deaths. Two questions. 1) What is Sea Legs feat? 2) Is her body a shark, just the head, or how much of her is shark? A full blown shark with legs is a little much, but as long as the limbs are more or less human looking it should be fine.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:18 pm

Alright, to answer the questions:

1) The "Sea Legs" Feat (which can be found in the Warriors and Warlocks source book) is essentially the Super-Movement: Sure Footed power limited to while on a boat/ship in the form of a Feat. This would be reasonable because she grew up on a boat with her adopted father.

2) Her body is similar to the picture: Human in shape with more shark features, like sharp teeth, the shark dorsal fin on her back, tough skin (but not too tough), and so on; however, I must mention that she has no "tail fin" whatsoever, but her feet are like the tail fins of a shark.

What I was going for with this character is more of an interrogation agent with more of an affinity for being in the water than being on dry land.

One could say that she could be a "Card Shark". :P

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:57 pm

mrdent12 wrote:I like the idea of a hard working, nose to the grind stone type human agent who has worked his rear end off to be able to go toe to toe with Wild Cards. He brings a unique perspective to the game. My only concern is the favored opponent Wild Carders because that is going to be a lot of his opponents. If you limited it to Aces or Jokers it would work, but as it stands he will always be getting the bonus's.

Ah. That makes sense. I didn't know if we were as likely to run up against norms in the course of things. I'll put it in for Aces and then use the second point in the feat instead to Attack Focus (ranged) to make him that much more likely to make his shot.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:05 pm

Xerokhan:

The sea legs makes sense, I didn't know how the feat worked is all. The physical description also makes sense. It is funny you should mention "Card Shark"...

FuzzyBoots:

I want to correct myself in that Ace would always get the bonus. He would get it a lot is what I meant to say. I have some ideas that involve variations of the Trump virus.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:17 am

mrdent12 wrote:I want to correct myself in that Ace would always get the bonus. He would get it a lot is what I meant to say. I have some ideas that involve variations of the Trump virus.

{nods} Alright... I suppose I'll hold off for a bit until I'm certain what I'm writing for. :)

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:32 am

I like the idea of the ranged and reducing the favored foe to Aces. My worry with the favored foe(WildCarders) was that it would be like having favored foe(zombie) in a world populated by zombies. You would be combating zombies a lot, but also normal human raiders sometimes.

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Special Agent Eustacia Gonsalves

Postby badpenny » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:41 am

Quote: "Are you trying to scare me? Let me show you something...."
Power Level: 8
Concept: FBI Agent (Ace)
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record
Identity: Public
Place of Birth: Riverhead, New York
Marital Status: Single
Living Relatives: Antónia, Jônatas (mother, father)
Height: 5 ft. 7 1/2 in.
Weight: 135 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black

Eustacia Gonsalves

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 120/120

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +1 (12), CON: +3 (16), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +3/+8, Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +6

Skills: Bluff 4 (+4/+8 [Attractive]), Computers 4 (+6), Diplomacy 4 (+4/+8 [Attractive]), Disable Device 4 (+6), Drive 4 (+5), Gather Information 4 (+4), Intimidate 5 (+5), Investigate 6 (+8), Knowledge (Behavioral Science) 4 (+6), Knowledge (Civics) 4 (+6), Knowledge (Current Events) 4 (+6), Knowledge (Streetwise) 4 (+6), Language 2, Medicine 4 (+6), Notice 7 (+9), Profession (Federal Agent) 4 (+6), Search 8 (+10), Sense Motive 8 (+10), Stealth 4 (+5)

Feats: Attractive, Benefit (Federal Agent) [free], Fearsome Presence 5, Improved Trip, Takedown Attack

Powers:
Telekinetic Aura (Container, Passive 11)
. . Blur (Partial concealment from all visual senses) · 4 points
. . Enhanced Feat 5 (Fearsome Presence 5) · 5 points
. . Force Field 5 · 5 points
. . Shield 4 · 4 points
. . Trip 8 (Feats: Improved Trip, Takedown Attack; Extras: Aura, Duration 2 (sustained), Knockback; Flaw: Range (touch); Power Feats: Accurate 2 (+4), Extended Reach (5 ft.)) · 37 points

Equipment: Standard issue [No Cost] (Commlink, Handcuffs, Light Pistol, Stun Gun)

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +4, Grapple: +4)

Attacks: Light Pistol, +4 (DC 18), Stun Gun, +4 (DC Fort 17), Trip 8, +8 (DC 18), Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 15)

Defense: 18 (Flat-footed: 12), Knockback: -4

Initiative: +1

Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish

Totals: Abilities 16 + Skills 22 (88 ranks) + Feats 1 + Powers 55 + Combat 16 + Saves 10 + Drawbacks 0 = 120

Complications:

Motivation: Justice: Stacia's principle motive for joining the FBI was her desire to see justice brought to those who break the most serious crimes.

Quirk: While she no longer has nightmares per se, the hands and faces are still a central component of her dreams and she's not the greatest sleeper (also why I didn't buy up her Initiative). She has a cup of coffee glued to her hand (This is Wild Cards, so figuratively speaking :wink: )

Responsibility: Stacia is an FBI Agent, is subject to orders, and as a "junior G-man" is generally the one on call.

Background: Eustacia Gonsalves grew up on Long Island and from her earliest memories always had the most horrific nightmares. They would even intrude into her waking moments. Walking down the hallway at school, it would feel as if a hand was grasping at her ankle. She would turn and it would be gone, but she had most certainly felt it.

In her nightmares, strange faces would terrorize her, and disembodied hands would grasp for her. She would wake up screaming and her parents would comfort her. No one knew she was struggling with her Ace powers, and this realization wouldn't come until she was well into high school.

After high school, Stacia (her parents detest the Americanization of her name, despite having roots in the New York area stretching back generations) went to NYU where she majored in Psychology. It was during an internship during her senior summer where she developed an interest in law enforcement. After graduation, she applied for the FBI and has been successfully employed for two years.

Note: Her Telekinetic Aura is comprised of separate components, but works as one unified power: a cloud like mist forms around her, partially obscuring her. The faces and hands from her childhood nightmares protect her (Force Field, Shield), and the hands are always trying to seize and hurl away threats to her (Trip with Knockback, Takedown). The faces are rather terrifying (Fearsome Presence).
Last edited by badpenny on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:39 pm

badpenny:

I like the concept and thought put into the character. Having a junior agent who is also an ace adds a cool element to the game. Where a senior agent would have more leeway, she would have to prove herself still while grappling with having ace powers. Build wise, nothing jumps out at me as an issue.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:40 pm

mrdent12 wrote:badpenny:

I like the concept and thought put into the character. Having a junior agent who is also an ace adds a cool element to the game. Where a senior agent would have more leeway, she would have to prove herself still while grappling with having ace powers. Build wise, nothing jumps out at me as an issue.

Personally, I think she should have been forced into ballet lessons until she was about 12. :wink:

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:07 pm

She already had a tough youth with nightmares. Forced ballet lessons would make her criminally insane.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:26 pm

mrdent12 wrote:She already had a tough youth with nightmares. Forced ballet lessons would make her criminally insane.

Reference

^_^ Horsenhero ran a few Wild Cards games.

bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby bi0philia » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Posting interest,

My mind keeps wandering back to a joker-ace who's a living dead man, either with a Fallout Ghoul like appearance, Or I had the thought of a "Skeleton" like character, the virus having made his skin permanently turn to an ultra dense bone(Probably Alternate Form Solid, Permanent), leaving him stiff and clumsy as a minor drawback.

Anatomic Separation has also entered my mind once or twice.

Return to “M&M Game Room”