[2e] Wild Cards Agents of FBI [OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Re: [2e] Wild Cards Agents of FBI [Closed To New Interest]

Postby mrdent12 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:55 am

I am going to extend the time to make any changes or finish up submissions until tomorrow night since it isn't looking like I will have time to properly look through the submissions and see which characters would make a good team.

bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby bi0philia » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:38 am

bi0philia wrote:The idea is he's a reformed criminal, who after spending 30 years in jail and not looking any older, decided to make some deals that led to the arrest of some of his former bosses in the higher echelons of criminal organizations. This earns him a get out of jail free pass and he makes a tentative return to life in the early 2000's, a man out-of-time. His actions however made him a multitude of enemies on the inside and out, and he must endure multiple attempts on his life. Mr. Duke here however has a hard time dying, as it were, and so endure he did.

Eventually, this feud attracts more attention from Law Enforcement. The FBI sees the potential in a regenerating, former criminal hated by criminals, and brings Tom in for evaluation. He passes the tests adequately and is a shoe-in for their new "ace-agents-initiative".

He'll pick up some equipment and use a heavy pistol and a nice thick cane as weapons primarily. For his power package it'll be some combination of Immunity to aging, Regeneration, and Impervious Toughness to some degree(representing his regeneration's ability to repair any damage up to rank X practically in an instant.)

Pictures!

"You're gonna need more bullets."

Str:16 (+3) Dex:14 (+2) Con:20 (+5) Int:12 (+1) Wis:10 (+0) Cha:16 (+3)

Will: +5 Reflex: +5 Fortitude: +6 Toughness: 8/6 w/out vest*5 Impervious

Attack Bonuses: +8/[cane]+10/[heavy pistol]+12 |Unarmed Damage +3/Cane Damage +6/ Heavy Pistol Damage +4/ Light Pistol Damage +3
Defense: +6/+8 with dodge/ +3 flat footed

Skills: Acrobatics 3(+2)=5,Bluff 6(+3)=9,Climb 4(+3)=8, Drive 4(+2)=6, Intimidate 10(+3)=13, Knowledge(Streetwise) 7(+1)=8, Notice 10(+0)=10, Search 5(+1)=6, Stealth 4(+2)=6, Sleight of Hand 4(+2)=6, Swim 1(+3)=4

Feats:Attack Focus(Ranged) 2, Attack Specialization(Cane), Attack Specialization(Heavy Pistol), Attractive, Diehard, Dodge Focus 2, Endurance, Equipment 3, Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Interpose, Luck 2, Power Attack, Skill Mastery(Acrobatics, Bluff,Intimidate, Notice) Ultimate Toughness, Withstand Damage*
[*Mecha & Manga, pg 44]

Virus Power Package:
--Protection 1/ Impervious Toughness 5[descriptor:practically instant regeneration]
--Regeneration 12 (bruised/unconscious 1/standard action, injured/staggered 1/round, disabled 1/5 minutes, resurrection 1/day; Power Feats: Persistent, Regrowth, Immunity[Aging])

Equipment:--Cane[Strike 3, Mighty, Feature-Hidden Compartment]5 ep
--Heavy Pistol[Blast 4, Improved Critical 2(18-20)]10 ep

Complications:
Addiction:Hedonism Duke spent decades in a prison where the best he could manage was toilet-water prison wine and the occasional pinner. He's dedicated to living the good-life now, especially with government-backed funds. He isn't stupid, and he'd like to keep his new-found salary, so he tries to avoid intoxicating himself to excesses, but you can never tell when one of those true freak-out week long binges will be, and the FBI bigwigs will have to keep a close eye on things.

Enemy: Mafia The time that Duke spent working as a low-level enforcer and eventual fall-man for the organized crime families was thirty years ago, and most of the friends he had within that group died off or disappeared long ago. Hence his eventual co-operation with Federal Agencies. This has left a sour-taste in the mouth of Made-Men after Duke's info led to several key arrests. In the months since getting out of prison, He's fended off several attempts on his life.

Phobia: Hydrophobia Duke lost his Father and younger sister in a catastrophic flood when he was in his early teens, and it took him years before he'd swim again. He still has to battle against the vivid memories occasionally when he's in rough or swift moving waters.

Reputation: Criminal, Maverick, Loose-Cannon This is a bad-rep that Duke has earned honest for the most-part. He is accustomed to life on the under-belly of society and has a tendency to over-indulge(see above Addiction). This is exactly the kind of behavior that makes him rub the wrong way with many agency Lifers and those on the conservative side of the fence. Still, he makes a formidable ally, and so he is endured, if begrudgingly.

Abilities + Skills + Feats + Powers + Combat + Saves = 120

:arrow: More to come hopefully later today, but here be the bare-bones!
Last edited by bi0philia on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:52 am

The stats look good bi0philia. Nothing looks off with the sheet. I will start looking over the builds tonight, so there is still time to finish up your characters.

sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot

Postby sirzanek » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Got the changes in for Jammer. Fixed the math on the super sense, retrieving a few points. Added an AP to better map him tracing signals. Bumped up a few saves. mrdent, there is a PM coming your way...

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:28 pm

I finally narrowed it down to 6, but couldn't narrow it down anymore. So, the game will start with 6 PCs. All of the PC's were so good it was hard to choose. Some of the characters I loved on thier own, but didn't see as good a fit for the team dynamic. Without further adieu:

Hosea "Ace" Skaggs: Highly train non wild card agent
Agent Mizu "Shark" Fisher: Newer agent and Joker with shark deformities
Eustacia Gonsalves: Junior agent and Ace with TK aura
Gina Marie Vantas: Big, tough, and means well Joker brought in for diversity
Agent Page: Computer hacker who can "teleport" and turn invisible.
Jessica Dale(Moodring): Forensic scientist and emotion detector

The IC thread will be later tonight.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Re: [2e] Wild Cards Agents of FBI [OOC]

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Woot. I'm in. Let's have a fun, lasting game.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:41 pm

This one should last. I learned from my first failed game since popping back on the boards.

Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:54 pm

Thank you for the inclusion, hopefully I'm not too rusty. Is it safe to assume all of the Agents have met at least once before, or are we all being reassigned to a new precinct having never seen the others?

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:08 pm

When the game starts, you will all have been assigned to the division for a week and given a very brief orientation. You can work it out amongst yourselves if you would have met before the start of the week.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Looking forward to this.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:28 am

The IC thread is up

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:46 am

Quick question before it comes up. Conditional Feats such as Sneak Attack and Favored Opponent, do they only add to Damage saves, or to saves for all attacks? RAW states damage, but I could see the benefits of letting someone know just the right place to jab the stun gun, or to catch someone unawares with a gas grenade, leaving them with less chance to catch a breath beforehand.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:49 am

I would be fine with any saves that could be considered damaging such as gas grenades. Things like mind control or mind reading would still be their normal save.

The Kryptonian
Cohort
Cohort

Postby The Kryptonian » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Just got back from taking the little one out to see the Lego Movie, so should have an IC post up after dinner. I realized though, that after mrdent12 told me I didn't need my authorized equipment variable I didn't post up an alternative, and 25 ep's worth of equipment is ALOT so I agree with the call.

The variable was 3 points, and was curious if this would be an acceptable alternative:

Powers:
Cutting Edge Laptop & Intrusion Programs (Device 1) (Easy to lose)
. . Encrypted Connection with Federal Database (Super-Senses 1) (communication link: Encrypted Wireless Network)
. . Intrusive Viral Software (Enhanced Trait 2) (Traits: Computers +4 (+17), Disable Device +4 (+17); Limited (Only to bypass Electronic Security: Software or Hardware))
. . Optimized Hardware & Software (Quickness 5) (Perform routine tasks at 50x speed; One Type (Computer Checks & Data Transfer))

It would cost him 3 points, the enhanced traits would only be for getting past Electronic Keypads & Locks, nothing purely physical, and the enhanced Computer traits just for hacking into a system, not necessarily for data mining or other tasks.

Let me know if that works for you!
"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear ... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share--I'll never stop fighting. Ever."

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:29 am

No rush with the post. I am swamped with work and won't have a chance to get a post up with sufficient detail until tomorrow night. The change is fine.

Return to “M&M Game Room”