Ultimate Showdown: Tournament style OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
jemal
Hero
Hero

Re: Ultimate Showdown: Tournament style Recruiting

Postby jemal » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:01 am

Voidrazor wrote:
jemal wrote:No to selective create.

Dropped. But note that the base power of his magic array has had Indirect from Merlin's original version.

Actually not sure what the point of indirect on create is, as it doesn't really originate from you anyway. You don't create a wall that comes out of you and goes to the place, you create an object at the place you want it. What's indirect doing for you?

Also, checked the sheet, and the create is still selective.

Voidrazor
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: Ultimate Showdown: Tournament style OOC

Postby Voidrazor » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:55 pm

Oops, sorry. Somehow the planned changes didn't get applied to that one. Updated now. As for the indirect on the other create, I assumed that was the only way to create something inside of something else, i.e. trap someone in a spherical ward then fill it with something nasty.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Voidrazor wrote:As for the indirect on the other create, I assumed that was the only way to create something inside of something else, i.e. trap someone in a spherical ward then fill it with something nasty.

I'm not sure Create can replicate that without a linked Affliction or Damage effect. Generally the only offensive use of Create is in the "drop object on people" style. So a Create effect of fire is not innately harmful without a Damage effect tacked on.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:26 pm

What he said.
Create can entrap or deal straight damage from falling, but to replicate other effects youd need to build them, probably as linked or alternate powers.
Also in either case, Indirect isn't needed. You need to be able to accurately perceive the target, so subtle 2 (Invisible constructs) would probably be more what you're wanting.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Thu May 01, 2014 3:08 pm

In case any of you haven't heard about the Forum move yet, btw, VERY important that you read :

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=220081

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Fri May 02, 2014 10:28 am

jemal wrote:In case any of you haven't heard about the Forum move yet, btw, VERY important that you read :

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=220081

See you all on the other side...
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Return to “M&M Game Room”