Ultimate Showdown: Tournament style OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
NekoArc
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Ultimate Showdown: Tournament style Recruiting

Postby NekoArc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Take everyone and then sort it out as we go. As has been mentioned I am sure people will fall off as we continue.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:00 pm

Honestly, it does not matter with me. I have DEADPOOL! HE CAN REGENERATE FROM ANYTHING EXCEPT INSTANT DEATH!

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

valhalla_bound
Bystander
Bystander

Postby valhalla_bound » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:41 pm

XeroKhan wrote:Honestly, it does not matter with me. I have DEADPOOL! HE CAN REGENERATE FROM ANYTHING EXCEPT INSTANT DEATH!

Boom. Head shot.

Illusionista
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Illusionista » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:04 am

I did not know we had another vampire. I apologize, NekoArc. I took away Hypno Eyes and gave Lorelei the ability to copy powers of those she's drained..
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
- Niccolò Machiavelli

NekoArc
Bystander
Bystander

Postby NekoArc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:47 am

Illusionista wrote:I did not know we had another vampire. I apologize, NekoArc. I took away Hypno Eyes and gave Lorelei the ability to copy powers of those she's drained..

No need to apologize or change anything, Arcueid isn't exactly a normal vampire and even if she were this isn't a normal co-operative game so we don't have to worry about diversifying abilities. we have lots of characters with very similar skills and abilities, there is no problem with two vampires with a hypnotic gaze in the game.

valhalla_bound
Bystander
Bystander

Postby valhalla_bound » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:34 pm

So. I vote we all tag team Goku.

Illusionista
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Illusionista » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:41 pm

Since Gokus is from an Abridged series, would it be possible to play Lorelei "in the style of Hellsing Ultimate Abridged" or would I have to morph her into a canon Hellsing Ultimate Abridged character?
- Niccolò Machiavelli

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:27 am

valhalla_bound wrote:So. I vote we all tag team Goku.

Awwwww....I'm gonna get Yamcha'd

Edit: Speaking of Goku, I think I might do a bit of finangling with his build before we get started. I have an idea for doing the Kaioken that I want to try tooling out in Herolab so I'll probably drop the Infuriating Stupidity. In rewatching DBZ abridged, Goku doesn't ever really feint anyone so much as just royally tick them off.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

VampGuy
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby VampGuy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:36 am

The_Watchman wrote:
valhalla_bound wrote:So. I vote we all tag team Goku.

Awwwww....I'm gonna get Yamcha'd

(announcer vote)"There you have it folks...that man is dead. Very, very dead."
(different announcer)"Mr. Kid, if you had to come up with a word to describe how dead he is, what would it be?"
(first announcer)"Cadaverific"
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam" -- I'll either find a way or make one

Current Games and Characters:
Ultimate Showdown:Riddick

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Illusionista wrote:Since Gokus is from an Abridged series, would it be possible to play Lorelei "in the style of Hellsing Ultimate Abridged" or would I have to morph her into a canon Hellsing Ultimate Abridged character?

I, for one, would deeply enjoy seeing the phrase "F***-mothering vampire" come up in a game :D
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Illusionista
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Illusionista » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:56 am

I could try to make Seras, but she's really a back up character. Alucard is too powerful for this game. Integra is not a fighter. Anderson COULD work (there's even a vampire here!), but super regenerators are frowned upon.
- Niccolò Machiavelli

jemal
Hero
Hero

Re: Ultimate Showdown: Tournament style OOC

Postby jemal » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:57 am

Alright looks like I'm taking everybody!
I will put up an OOC thread, I'm planning on starting it off with a 'before the games begin' feast to introduce everybody in a neutral setting and give a bit of time for roleplaying and alliance forming before the blood starts flying.
(AKA Give us time to finish fine tuning the characters without having to sit around thumb-twiddling)

VampGuy wrote:This makes me happy! I got my math right on the first shot!!!

Actually to clarify, I wasn't saying all the characters were good to go, I haven't looked over all of them yet. I was just compiling the list and making sure I got everybody's most current character.

VampGuy wrote:Just clarifying something. My dark vision is Innate, but because of a surgical procedure. Are they still susceptible to nullification if they were a medical procedure?

No, that's a suitable descriptor for making them innate, so as long as you pay the point they're un-nullifiable.

XeroKhan wrote:Honestly, it does not matter with me. I have DEADPOOL! HE CAN REGENERATE FROM ANYTHING EXCEPT INSTANT DEATH!

Well actually, it doesn't have to be instant. When you get swarmed by the piranha birds, they'll whittle even deadpool down fast.

Er.. did I say when? heh.. I meant If...

Illusionista wrote:Since Gokus is from an Abridged series, would it be possible to play Lorelei "in the style of Hellsing Ultimate Abridged" or would I have to morph her into a canon Hellsing Ultimate Abridged character?

I actually have no idea who Lorelei is, I thought you made her up.. I don't recognize her from Hellsing..
play her however you want.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:31 am

Alright, speaking of characters..

Evolución wrote:
Complications
Enemy : A Rival company with little in the ethics and fair competition department
No ID : He lost every single piece of id, and personal stuff, save his suit and his debit card.

The ID's not gonna matter here, and unless your 'rival company' has a super-powered rep at the tournament, that won't matter either.

Abilities ( 64 pp)
Strength 5 , Stamina 5 , Agility 5 , Dexterity 0 , Fighting 9 , Intellect 2 , Awareness 4 , Precence 2 .

Don't forget your presence bonuses from the house rules.
-Each rank of Presence gives a bonus social advantage, though keep in mind that some of them are of limited functionality for certain portions of the tournament.

Powers ( 64 pp)
- Smoke Bomb ( Affliction 10 : Area Burst, 1:Vulnerable, Dazed 2: Defenseless, Stunned. Limited degree, Extra condition. Linked with Concealment ) · 20 point/s
- Chakra strikes ( AP: STR extras : Multiattack, Accurate 3, Secondary effect, Penetrating 5 ) · 1 point/s

I presume from the name that 'smoke bomb' is linked to your 'smoke' concealment power, and not your 'invisibility' concealment power?
Keep in mind that with alternate powers and linked, if your chakra strikes is active you won't be able to use the linked concealment at all b/c linked can ONLY be used together.

- Tunic of the Lin Kuei ( Device : Protection 5,Enhanced stealth +8 ) · 9 point/s

Isn't the point of a device that it's cheaper? Adding removable to this would lower the cost. You could get protection 6/stealth 8 or protection 5/stealth 10 for 10p, -2 removable = 8p.

- Veil of the Lin Kuei ( Invisibility 4 ) · 8 point/s

I assume from the cost, that this 'invisibility' is Concealment: All Visual senses?
Is it an actual 'veil' aka an item, or just a power he can activate?

- Eye of the Lin Kuei ( Senses : Counter all concealment ) · 5 point/s

is this magical?

- Smoke ( Concealment 6 : Attack (dodge), Area Cloud, Visual senses, elfactory senses ) · 12 point/s

See Smoke bomb re: Linked. Also I presume you meant 'olfactory' senses.. or do you want to be concealed specifically from elven workshops? :p

Advantages ( 19 pp)
All out attack 1 , Assesment 1 , Chokehold 1 , Diehard 1 , Evasion 2 , Fast grab 1 , Favored environment (smoke) 1 , Hide in plain sight 1 , Improved critical (unnarmed attack) 1 , Imp. Defenses 1 , Imp. Grab 1 , Imp. Hold 1 , Interpose 1 , Move-by action 1 , Power attack 1 , Seize initiative 1 , Uncanny dodge 1 , Weapon bind 1 , 0 0 .

Just out of curiosity, why does the super-elusive ninja have interpose?
Also out of curiosity, given you have TWO concealment effects, is HiPS necessary?
Third, I'm happy to see a grab character who isn't a super-strength 'nothing will ever escape my grasp' grapple monster.

Skills ( 15 pp)
Acrobatics 10 (+ 15 ), Deception 0 (+ 2 ), Athletics 0 (+ 5 ), Expertise( Medicine ) 0 (+ 4 ), Insight 6 (+ 10 ), Treatment 0 (+ 2 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 2 ), Technology 0 (+ 2 ), Close (unarmed) 0 (+ 9 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 7 (+ 11 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 2 ), Investigation 0 (+ 2 ), Stealth 7 (+ 12 ).

Without Jack of all trades, you cannot use Expertise, Treatment, Technology, Sleight of Hand, or Investigation untrained, so listing them is pointless.

Offence
Grab + 10 Attack for DC: 15 Range: Melee ( )

Two things. First, since you have fast grab listing the attack bonus here is kinda pointless, you'll basically be using your unarmed strike to initiate grabs. Second, I'm pretty sure grabbing is an opposed check, not a flat DC.

Final note : I counted 179 pp, so you have 1 more.. not counting any changes.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:36 am

Illusionista wrote:Lorelei - PL 10
Advantages
Agile Feint, Animal Empathy, Attractive 2*, Daze (Deception)*, Daze (Intimidation)*, Favored Environment: Night, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Startle*, Taunt*, Uncanny Dodge

I presume the *'s are the presence bonuses?
Sorry, but Night is far too common for a favoured environment. Especially for this event. Maybe in a regular campaign, but night fighting won't likely be a rare occurrence in this game except for characters who specifically try to avoid it.

Powers
Claws And Fangs
. . Damage: Damage 10 (DC 25)
. . Healing: Healing 20 (Limited: Personal, Limited: Blood)
. . Weaken: Weaken 10 (Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20)

I don't think it's a straight up rule, but I'm going to request you keep the healing power at your PL. I didn't raise it's cost like I did with Regen, and it has much more potential for quick healing.
Also, what specifically does 'limited: Blood' mean? How much blood? Does it have to be from a human? large animal? Worthy foe? Fresh?

Also I'm quite leery of Weaken Toughness abilities. I'll allow it since it's not linked to a damage effect, and I'm presuming it's the standard vampiric 'blood drain'.

Drain Power: Variable 2 (Limited [Only traits of Damaged or Weakened target])

Further explanation please.

Scent: Senses 6 (Smell [Accurate, Acute, Extended (x10), Tracking 2 (full movement)])
Smell isn't Ranged by default, so you have to make it ranged before you can make it extended.

Offense
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 10)
what's 'DC spec 10' mean?

Complications

Generally speaking, great complications.

Relationship: She is affectionately attached to her pet tiger, Argus.
Since you have no Minion/sidekick points, he'll have to either have been left at home, or stay at BROB's Palace.

Weakness: She's a vampire. Sunlight weakens her. If she doesn't drink blood she'll weaken. Holy symbols held by true believers will weaken her. A wooden stake through the heart will kill her (but then again, who wouldn't that kill?)

We will have to discuss these. How much does sunlight weaken her? Does it have to be direct, or anywhere outside during the day?
How about the blood? How much/often does she need it?
Ditto Holy symbols.
Wooden stakes : Is this just flavour (Since, as you pointed out, wooden stake through the heart kills most people) or is there some in game effect? Such as a weakness against sharp wooden weapons? (More damage/ignore toughness/etc)?

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:26 am

valhalla_bound wrote:Predator
PL 11 (165 pp)

First up your questions:
So I had a couple things I was not sure about. Since switching from a item in an array is a free action, can I have a reactionary item that happens in an array that is not overall reactionary? Particularly if I am Dying or... Dead. Oh and since it's a suicide bomb can I have it do more damage then 11 even if I don't have to do an attack roll?

I'll allow the suicide bomb trigger if you make it the 'base' of the array - that would mean it 'defaults' to that, and since it's not an immediate thing, it'll go off as intended. I'm not OK with upping the damage, but see my suggestions about size increase and side effect.

Also, the cloaking device. On a particularly wet world (rainfall or large bodies of water) it may have a larger negative to it than a -1 for short circuiting which is why I had the question mark on it.
Answered under the power.

Str 6 (12 pp) Sta 8 (16 PP) Agility 2 (4 PP's) Fighting 8 (16 PP) Dex 6 (12 PP) Int 2 (4 PP) Awa 6 (12 pp) Presence 0= 68 PP's[/quote]
I count 76.
Advantages
Accurate Atack, All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Defensive Attack, Assesment, Hide In Plain Sight, Great Endurance, Percise Attack, Quick Draw, Improved Critical (variable weapons), Improved Initative 2 = 13 + X PP

What's with all the Hide In Plain Sight characters? Third in a row... yeesh, Island of the ninjas over here. Also, I don't think it makes sense on the predator.. they can't just disappear in the middle of a room - that's why they have cloaking fields.

I don't see Great Endurance being very useful, but I'm not going to recommend dropping it cuz now if you do drop it, you'll be GUARANTEED to need it.. Stupid Murphy.
With pREcise attack, you need to specify Ranged or Melee, and Cover or Concealment. If you want all (Ranged cover, Ranged Concealment, Melee Cover, Melee Concealment) it's 4 ranks.
Imp Crit ordinarily must specify a specific attack. However since all your attacks are part of an array anyways, I'll allow it to apply to the whole array.
Also, I only count 12 pp.

Skills: Atheletics 6 + 4= 10, Close Combat 8, Deception 0, Insight 6 + 4, Intimidation 0 + 4= 4, Perception 6 + 4=10, Persuasion 0, Ranged Combat 6, Stealth 1 + 11=12, Technology 2 + 1=3, Treatment 2+4 = 6. = 16 PP

OK, I was a bit confused at first by the way your wrote this but I think I get it now. Single # = attribute. Two numbers first = attribute, second = skill ranks? If so it all checks out to me.

Powers
Weapons Array (30 PP)
Shoulder Blaster: Ranged Damage Rank 10 (DC 25), Accurate 3, Penetrating 4 (27 PP)
Wrist Claws: Str Based Strike, Rank 10 (DC 31), Penetrating 4, Split, Improved Critical 4 (19 PP)
Smart Disc: Ranged Damage Rank 7 (DC 22), Multiattack, Homing 2, Indirect 1, Accurate 2(27 PP)
Self-Destruct: Burst Damage Rank 11 (DC 26), 330 ft, Triggered (The Predator is killed or Dropped to a dying condition, Detonates 2 rounds after), Reversable (24 PP)

Wrist Claws: Str 6 + rank 10 = Rank 16 damage, but later in your offenses you list it as +8, 14 damage. Also you only need imp crit 3, since you're already getting 1 rank from advantages.
Self Destruct: Reversible allows you to reverse the effects of the power, meaning he could undo the damage it caused. I'll allow it as the 'shut off the trigger' though, since I'm guessing that's what you're going for.
I might also suggest increasing the burst size by adding side effect 2: Predator is struck by full force of attack as well. (It's supposed to be a big explosion that whipes out him and everyone nearby, isn't it?)

Cloaking (3 PP)
Concealment 2 Ranks (All Visual Senses), Quirk -1(orrr 2....?): Heavy rain or moving through water will short out Cloaking.

First, concealment all visual senses is 4 ranks, so 8pp. even with quirk 2 that would be 6p. I'll let you decide whether you want the Quirk to be 1 or 2, and the amount of water you have to deal with will depend on the size of the quirk.

Face Mask (7 PP)
Acute Vision (2 PP)
Acute Hearing (2 PP)
Direction Sense (1 PP)
Distance Sense (1 PP)
Ultravision (1PP)
Predatory Physiology (5 PP)
Regeneration 2 (4 pp)
Sense: Infravision (1 PP)
I'm pretty sure the Infravision was a part of their helmets, though I haven't seen/read any predator in years, so I'll take your word for it.

I don't see Regen. They specifically go into detail about how the predators DON'T regenerate, and have to tend their wounds.

Body Armor (11 PP)
Protection 6, Impervious 5 (12 PP)

First, this would only be 11pp As you list at the top,not sure why it has 12pp on the second line.
Second, Impervious 5 will be quite nearly useless in this game... it will make you immune to rank 3 or lower damage effects, and there's no low level thugs running around with pistols and knives, it's all fellow lvl 10+ bad-asses.

Healing Shards (6 PP)
Healing 6 (12 PP), Unreliable 5 uses (-1 PP per Rank)
This I like. :)

Strong Legs (1 PP)
Movement 1, Leaping (1 PP)

Technicallly Leaping is it's own power, not part of the movement powerset (That contains stuff like permeate, safe fall, swinging, etc), but it doeesn't matter.. I'm just a tad literal, so I had to point it out.

Offense
Wrist Blades +8, Damage 14 (DC 29) 16-20 crit, Pen 4, Split 1

Your wrist blades as written here are different from the power listed above.
Shoulder Blaster +8, Damage 10 (DC 25) Pen 4

Dex 6 + AccurateX3(+6) should be +12 attack.
]Smart Disc +8, Damage 7 (DC 22) Multiattack, Homing 2, Indirect 1

Dex 6 + AccurateX2(+4) should be +10 attack. Also, this attack is below PL Cap, so you could up it if you wish.

Defense
Dodge 2, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 14 (5 Impervious), Will 6

Are you sure you want your dodge, fort, and will to be under cap?

Abilities 68 + Advantages 13 (improved critical calculated into powers) + Skills 16 + Powers 68 = 165

Return to “M&M Game Room”