[2e] Terminusscape[OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Re: [2e] Terminusscape[OOC]

Postby Gilliam » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:52 am

It is an interesting dilemma, Mary knows that the clones were intended to be eaten and the ones that have escaped their tubes are malformed and probably in pain but when push came to shove she couldn't destroy them.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:08 pm

Since Sriseru hasn't been on since March 20, it looks like we are down to 4 players. Right now the dynamic seems to be working well and y'all seem to be reliable, so I wanted to get y'alls opinion about casting someone to bring it back to five players.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:04 am

I am happy continuing with just 4. :)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:26 am

I don't mind either option.

I will be away and have no internet access this weekend so please feel free to puppet me if needed to move things along.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:05 am

I think we have the right group dynamic with the four players.

Shadowblade can do the Stark (not Tony, the Farscape one) thing, and spend her time in her quarters as her mind tries to bring some semblance of reality back to her world. When Sriseru comes back, we can decide then what happens.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:14 pm

In my experience in PbP, a four person team is ideal. Though having that fifth is a nice buffer in case someone goes on vacation, or leaves the game.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:56 pm

Four seems to be the consensus and y'all don't seem like you will just drop the game.

On that note, Episode 2 is over. You get 3 pp's with all your luck and hero points restored. Game time, a week will pass before the next planned adventure. Real world time, I will start it Saturday or Sunday night if no one has anything they want their character to do during the interlude. I have a few ideas up my sleeve depending on what y'all decide to do.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:55 am

I have 4pp to spend and am thinking of the following changes.

• Change my protection 3 to defensive roll 3. Yes I know this makes me even more screwed on the not dying front but I actually look forward to Shirin the all-powerful genie's oh crap moment when she gets hit by something she can't dodge.
  • Change Improved Crit 2 on my blast to Variable Descriptor 2 [any magical]. I think as a GM you probably do not want to see too much one-shotting of enemies and since I only have the one attack, Variable Descriptor gives me some variety in the way I can describe blowing up stuff.
  • Lose the super strength (+2pp) and the AP (+1pp) on my flying carpet. I ended up not using it very much and none of the team needs anyone to ferry them around.
  • Increase Dex by 6 (to 20) and decrease reflex save by 3 for a net cost of 3pp. I need more amazing belly dancer agility.
  • Buy another rank of Attractive (total: Attractive 2), +2 Bluff (total: +16), +2 Perform (Dance) (total: +15), Set-Up, Daze (Bluff) for a total of 4pp.

The social skills give me a few more options instead of just trying to magic my way through everything, and Set-up lets me help teammates (I can't Aid reliably since my attack bonus sucks).

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:57 am

I want to try and write something for Shirin as an interlude but I can only do it Sunday morning the earliest, possibly as late as Sunday night. If you don't want to wait for me that is OK. :)

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:25 am

In upgrades to Ayom, is the medical bay considered an Infirmary? I am looking to added some Features for each of Andrel's forms: Workshop for Andrel, Computer for Arc, Laboratory for Stone, and Infirmary for Jet. Probably add a Library as the 5th ep for everyone to use.

Will likely bank the 2 remaining XP.

In addition, I added 4pp to each form. Since they all have the 10pp Metatrix cost added, they are 5pp below Andrel and 1PL lower. I intend to leave them at that level.

Arc (started out 3pp less than the others)
Added Reflex +1
Added +2 Streetwise and +2 Hacker
Bumped Immunity from Damage to Effects

Jet
Added Medicine +4 and Pilot +4
Changed Skill Mastery from Kn Freedom City to Pilot since he is a natural with vehicles.
Added Improved Crit 2 Unarmed.

Stone
+8 Earth Science
Healing 4 (F: Self Only, Source [Earthen material])

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:56 am

Ysariel

The changes look fine. I trust you as a player not to go super combat optimization or make changes for the sake of optimizing the character. Changes for RP, within reason, I am always for. As for your post, I still have to finish the initial write for the next episode, so I can wait until you get a post up.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:00 am

The changes look fine kenseido. If you want a library on Ayom or an infirmiry, you don't need to spend pp on it. All I ask you justify it with some RP explanation such as stealing the books, having Shirin make the medical equipment from thin air, trading for the stuff, etc. So long as it is group stuff and not something like a laser canon, I am fine with giving it for free.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:06 am

With the Library, the idea was several data terminals connected to a central repository that he uploads his own Library too.

I am open to ideas about the extra EP then, maybe a Security System on Ayom or Defense System? The thought of upgrading the cutting torches on the DRDs really amuses me.

Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:43 pm

For what it's worth, high bluff + an extreme damage shift and especially with auto fire attacks is PL breaking, compensating for the low accuracy by stripping dodge bonuses off everything. That's why I haven't used feint + attack in the same round yet. :)

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:20 pm

kenseido

For a library and infirmary, I am fine giving for free. For a security system/defense system you will need to spend EP's. It would be very interesting to see what Andrel would do to upgrade some DRD's.

Ysariel

There is always ways to compensate when players do PL breaking stuff. The easiest of course is to not pull punches on the players or use GM fiat. In other games I might have some concerns, but y'all seem to consider more than just optimizing attack power or maxing mechanics.

Return to “M&M Game Room”