[2e] Terminusscape[OOC]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

[2e] Terminusscape[OOC]

Postby mrdent12 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Overview

An episodic game inspired by Farscapes group of people on a living ship with no way to get home. Each episode will be self contained for the most part, with the in between time completely up to the players and future episodes influenced by previous ones. The PCs start out as prisoners, who can't get home for some reason, who were imprisoned on a living ship that broke free of its control collar. The setting is the Terminus.

PCs

Andrel: A metamorphing Time Lord.
Faethor: A Sith.
Shadowblade: Wrist blade yielding medic.
Shirin: A genie
SIlverhawke: A short blonde power house.

Alternates

Dragonborn: A magical barbarian dragon slayer.
Lilian: An infinity gem like holder.
Slayne: Super strong weapons fighter.
Galatea: A rock em sock em Omega Drone fighter

Terminus Overview

Omega: He is the very powerful ruler of the Terminus bent on feeding the multiverse into the doom coil.
Annihilists: The general's of Omegas forces who were once powerful heroes in their native Universes.
Omega Drones: The soldiers of Omegas army who were once great fighters.
Proles: Beaten down slaves who have little to no will of their own.
Tarvon The Undying: Ruler of Shadow World who is constantly attempting to over throw Omega.
Tomen: Last of the Alpians and keeper of the World Library and Source Book that holds the secrets of creation.
Furions: Thorns in Omegas side who are constantly battling his forces. They control the world of Silverwood that Omegas forces can't get to due to the liberty shield around the planet.
Overriders: A space motorcycle gang with bikes that protect them and are the fastest vehicles in the multiverse.
Hundred Worlds: The 100 planets that make up the Terminus. Other than Shadow World, Silverwood, and World Library they are subservient to Omega in some fashion. Nihilhor is the planet where Omega and his Annihillists live.
Warp Wold: A region of the Terminus that drives people mad and has a lot of strange happenings.
Ravel: The place between dimensions that no one has ever returned from.
Last edited by mrdent12 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:07 am, edited 25 times in total.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: [2e] Terminusscape[Interest Check]

Postby kenseido » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Sounds familiar. Not sure where I will find the time, but I am in.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:54 pm

It is similar to the Battle Across DImensions game I ran previously, but firmly set in the Terminus with episodes inspired by Farscape.

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:52 pm

I would like to get in on this game.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:10 pm

If I can get at least 4 more to show interest, I will put up some recruitment details. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Sakuro » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:16 am

It would be good to know what PL and PP you envision this starting at. I don't think everyone is familiar with the Freedom City settings, so you might want to give a brief description of what the Terminus is like. Sharing the general tone you had in mind would help too.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:42 am

As far as PL and PP, I haven't nailed it down but PL 9 135 PP with the option to go up or down one PL for -15/+15pp's. PL will also depend on the amount of players and what interested players want. Right now I am thinking if it ends up as three or four players, it would be PL 10 165PP's. Five players or more, the PL 9 idea. Honestly, it largely depends on the interest level and what the players would have the most fun with.

As far as the Terminus goes, its the place universes get eaten by Omegas doom coil. A few worlds survive, so the PCs could have any theme with the only requirement being that they can't go back to their home planet for some reason such as exile, inability to get out of the Terminus, running from Omega's forces, etc. It is fairly open so long as they can't get home. Of the worlds that survive, they all become subservient to Omega in some form or other except the world library, Alpian planet, and shadow world. There are three main areas of the Terminus. The first is the 100 inhabited worlds, the second is warpwold where if even the strongest willed are in for more than a month they go mad, and the third is the ravel where there is little hope from returning. Most of the action would take place in the 100 world region, but some episodes might venture into the warp wold or ravel.

The idea I have for this game is that the PCs would be on a living ship that was enslaved to act as a prison ship. After the escape from captivity in the ship, the PCs would go on various adventures such as trading for supplies, hiding out from Omega's forces in undesirable places to be, and if the the game runs long enough taking on Omega himself.

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:19 am

Well frell this sounds like a great idea. Lets get this going
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:09 pm

Granted it is has only been a day, how would y'all feel about a smaller game of 3 or 4 players with the recruitment being open until the game reaches 5 players?

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:13 pm

Works for me.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:18 pm

At first, I was a bit skeptical without a better description for the Terminusscape, but with the larger post, it sounds interesting enough to try to get in. I will do a better search on it, but consider me an interest.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:24 pm

My intent is to leave the game fairly open so I didn't want to get too detailed. I also didn't spell out the Terminus too well because it is covered rather well in the Worlds of Freedom book. If you have questions of the races, big players, etc I am more than happy to answer them.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:40 pm

I definitely feel interested... I may put something up for this.
Impeach the peach!

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Looks like it is picking up steam, so once I get time tonight I will update the OP with recruitment information.

mrdent12
Overlord
Overlord

Re: [2e] Terminusscape[Recruiting 5]

Postby mrdent12 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:34 pm

Okay, the OP is updated. I included a brief overview of the Terminus.

Return to “M&M Game Room”