You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
User avatar
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

Postby Hound » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:27 am

Sorry, I suck. Initiative:1d20+5=23
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters

User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:49 pm

Mark

Robots huh? Thousands of people out of work and Stark hires freaking robots. the armored thug thinks while considering which one to blast next.

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Re: You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

Postby Evolución » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:23 pm

I need actions and rolls people¡

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

Postby jemal » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:36 am


Sorry, forgot that It allows two saves and the second is opposed, so.. Mind Reading all applicable minds within 100' (avoiding PCs)
Mind Reading (1d20+7=19) *+3 half effect = 15*

The first save is vs the area effect, Will DC 17. Then, Will DC 19 if they failed the area, and DC 15 if they succeeded vs the area. If they fail the second save, I'm in.

And as I posted earlier, it is limited to surface thoughts, but it's 100' area and is rapid, so she should be able to pick up on say security (Non robotic if any) coming down elevators or people upstairs who've noticed whats going on, or anybody in the crowd who's thinking something noteworthy, etc.

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Start Tower, level 1

Postby Evolución » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:31 am

Lilian feels the minds of several other people in the room upstairs, but they seem sealed to her for now.

Commander 1 saves: 25 and 26
Commander 2 saves: 27 and 28
Guards: 9 and 19
Actions please!

User avatar
Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

Postby Mechmaster » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:45 am

Dermal
HP 1 Condition: Normal

Dermal aimed his pistol at the nearest robot guard and fired.
OOC: Heavy Pistol:1d20+6=26 CRIT! That makes the DC 22 (17+5)

User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

Postby CaptainChaos » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:16 pm

Mark Dobson

Mark took a quick step to his right, aimed, and fired at the guard he had hit earlier.

"I hope you fry!"

Repulsor blast = 1d20+7=25

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Start Tower, level 1

Postby Evolución » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:33 am

Dermal places a bullet like a true marksman. It enter's the robot left eye, destroying the computer inside it's metal skull. The machine twitches a few time, and then leans forward, powering down, before falling to the reflective floor of the tower.
Mark blasts the other robot with a repulsor ray, destroying its fake exterior, and bursting some circuitry on its left arm.

Guard 2: Toughness: 9, the robot is done.
Guard 1: Toughness 13: Robot is injured and dazed.
Still need Beck and Jack actions, if I get nothing tomorrow, I'll NPC them this round.

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Start Tower, level 1

Postby Evolución » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:52 am

Beck sweeps forward, and shoots down both missiles with an impressive display of accuracy. (Multiattack: 20)
Jack seems nowhere to be found. Lillian doesn't detect him in the vicinity either.
The remain operative drone shoots another missile at Mark, this time deadly aimed!

Guard 2 missile attack: 18, if this hits Mark, roll a toughness check vs damage DC 24. Players are up again

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

Postby whiteprofit » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Dr. Beck
HP: 1

Beck was barely aware of his own actions in the heat of their attack. He'd only intended to hit the cameras, which had happened a lot easier than he'd expected, but then the machine guns hadn't turned off and instead took out the missiles heading for his partners in crime.

Though luck had been on his side, it was time to take matters into his own hands and get serious about his actions... but unfortunately the Goblin Glider didn't agree. Instead of forward, the glider took Beck up, up, and away into the Stark building.

I want to keep a lead on this whole operation, so I'm coming up with a reason for Beck to fly off without the rest of the group. With Stark's flashy, "open concept" layouts I'm assuming I can fly to a second or third floor and then gain access to a second or third floor.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

Postby CaptainChaos » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Mark Dobson

Mark had been secretly gloating over the 'death' of the robot guard. He was so engrossed in his gloating that he failed to notice the missile fired from the mostly dead robot. The missile hit him hard, his armor absorbing most of the impact and explosion. That was going to leave a bruise.



Damn, that was sloppy. he thought. Have to be more careful around this place.

"Why don't you just die?" he yelled at the robot as he fired a blast intended to fry the inhuman thing.

Repulsor blast = 1d20+7=22

User avatar
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 am

Start Tower, level 1

Postby Evolución » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:39 am

Beck's glider takes him swooping towards the second level, making women scream, lifting their skirts with the wind gust it produces, while making men take cover behind their desks. All very nice. Beck gets the idea why the original green goblin liked this so much. He almost felt like cackling over the scene, almost, as a group of four guards and a leading officer levelled their weapons at him. "You are invading private property. Stand down and you will not be hurt." the leading officer said with grim determination. In his eyes you see the gleam of experience. You are not the first villain he has faced, it seems.

The robot is blasted by Mark's repulsor beam, but still holds its integrity. The beam tearing away some metal plating.

First floor Guard Toughness: 18
Second floor guards and commander Aim at Beck.
Still need actions from Dermal and Lilian.

User avatar
Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

Postby Mechmaster » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Dermal
HP 1 Condition: Normal

Dermal grinned sinisterly as his first shot took down one of the guard bots. Seeing that the others weren't having as much luck with the other robots, he rolled his eyes before morphing his skin into a thick hide and throwing a calloused fist into the damaged guard bot's face. Unfortunately, he swung his fist too wide which made it easy to dodge.

OOC: Unarmed attack: 1d20+6=8

User avatar
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:00 pm

Mark Dobson

Mark couldn't believe the stupid robot was still standing. What the heck are these things made of? These were definitely not off the shelf robots.

Goblin had taken off, heading upstairs from the sounds of the screams. Dermal was still hanging in there.

Oh well, he thought, might as well try to finish this thing off.

repulsor blast = 1d20+7=21

User avatar
jemal
Hero
Hero
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

Postby jemal » Thu May 01, 2014 2:00 am

Lillian

Lillian suppresses a grunt of frustration as Goblin flies off on his own, heading upstairs where the guard reinforcements she'd felt were.
Creeping further away from the battle, she felt out with her mind, trying to mess with the guards perceptions while the others finished off the robot.

Damnit, trying to keep her cover but there's not a lot I can do without minds to affect..
Hmm..You said I could sense the guards upstairs, though they resisted my mind reading. I'm going to try to assist Goblin by using Hallucinations on them I guess.
Hallucination: Illusion 6: (All senses, selective, resistible by will)
so, they need a DC 16 will save (actually considering those rolls last time this probably won't do much...)
IF they fail, I'm going to make the believe that their fellow guards have turned into more scary goblins that are attacking them, to try and draw fire away from Beck and get them to attack each other.


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests