You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

The Tower

Postby Evolución » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:51 am

OOC: I'll assume you follow Lilian's lead since no one replied to her.

Lilian began crying and running right into the lower level of Stark Tower, which is open to public. She bursted in and began screaming as a band of thugs rushed behind her, lead by no other than the Green Goblin on his Glider, an evil Iron Man and some sort of Magneto on steroids! Jack follows suit from behind, at the embrace of shadows. The normal everyday guards seek cover behind their counters or drop to the floor, hands up. There is a couple of guards however, that seem more trained, and armed. These guys start walking towards Lillian, with dead serious looks in their eyes.

OOC: A bluff check Lillian, the others need to either make intimidate checks or bluff checks. You can pick one of you to roll the main roll and the rest aid it if you want.

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: You are not the Boss of me! (IC)

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Mark Dobson

Mark shrugged his shoulders when the girl suggested she pretend to be running away from the rest of them. It was just as good a plan as any he supposed.

He watched with some amusement behind his helmet as the girl ran screaming and crying through the front door of Stark Tower. He followed with the rest of them with ninja boy hiding someplace. As long as he didn't try to ditch them if things got rough, that was okay.

Once inside, most of the guards took cover but a few decided to be brave. Maybe they were better trained, who knows. Ultimately it didn't matter much to him. They were just one more obstacle.

"If you want to live, I suggest you do like the rest and surrender. Through your weapons down and get out of here." Mark ordered while powering up his repulsors, the hum very audible.

Intimidate = 1d20+8=24

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:49 am

Lillian

Lillian ran towards the obviously trained guards, tears streaming down her face, makeup running, lip quivering with fear.
The gem fed her information as it subconsciously read the room - look at the one on the left, more tears, exactly when to trip.. it told her exactly how to best fool them, all she had to do was sell it convincingly..
"HELP!! HELP ME!" She tripped right before reaching the two, stumbling right into the one on the left "Please.." She sobbed, collapsing at his feet.

I would suggest Lillian as the leader of the team check as it makes sense both mechanically (She has a +15 deception check) and thematically (She's the one doing the actual lieing, with the others using their 'BOO we're badguys' to help her sell it.
In either case, Deception (1d20+15=31)
ooh, nice.

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Dermal
HP 1 Condition: Normal

Dermal cracked is knuckles in anticipation before turning his skin thick and calloused. As the group ran into Stark Industries after Lillian, he noticed that some of the guards wanted to play hero. Drawing his heavy pistol, Dermal leveled it at the back of Lillian's head.

"Everyone on the ground NOW! Or there's going to be bimbo brains all over your nice clean floors!"

OOC: Deception check: 1d20+6=16

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Start Tower, level 1

Postby Evolución » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:44 am

The Guards take a step ahead, covering Lilian. "Stand down!" they both shout in unison, although the second guard's pulse is shaking. They both level their weapons, ready to shoot. You also notice how three security cameras spin to make focus on the impending battle.

Alright, Guard 1's insight: 24, Guard 2's insight: 9. Both buy it, and will be vulnerable against Lilian's first attack against them. Not against the others, since they take you for what you are, criminals! Guard's will vs MArk's intimidate: 25 and 9. Second guard is intimidated by Mark. Roll initiatives. Guard's initiatives: 22 and 19 Felt like linking this one since it wa a pretty good roll... There's also a challenge on this level. The security cameras will record and alert the rest of the security corp of your presence. You can get creative on how to deal with them, either rig them so they show a loop of an empty room, or plainly destroying them or other creative alternatives, but keep in mind that depending on how you deal with them, the repercussions will be accordingly, and will be seen in the next level of the tower.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby whiteprofit » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:26 am

Dr. Beck as Green Goblin
HP: 1

Swopping in the door on the hang glider was no easy task for the doctor. Maintaining the speed and balance was hard enough, let alone trying to act menacing at the same time. It was a good thing the mask did most of that work for him. He watched the cameras swivel and decided they needed to be rendered just as useless as the guards. Now, the real Green Goblin might take them out with a well placed explosion or slicing them down with his razor bats. But Gregory Beck didn't have that sort of coordination. Not when he had just come whirling in on his new glider. No, Dr. Beck's tactic was a spray of bullets and gunfire.

I don't have split attack, so Beck is going to use multi attack to hit all three cameras in one shot. Or at least attempt to.
I forget how many rolls I need, so here's my first attack roll: Multiattack DC 21 (1d20+8 =20)
If I need more for each item, feel free to roll them Evolución.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:51 am

Lillian

Noting the security Cameras and everybody else in the room, Lillian remodels her plan on the fly, and reaches out to her allies with her mind
I'm going to stay undercover, so we'll have an ace up our sleeves later. You can handle these two easily, when it's over take me as a hostage.
Mark, give him everything you've got.. NOW"
She reached for one of the guards as the villains attacked, screaming in fear "LOOK OUT!"

init (1d20=9)
Using set-up to transfer my advantage vs the guards to DR Beck, so they'll be vulnerable against him. I'm hoping it doesn't require another deception check, as the 'look out' is just thematic of how I'm using Set-up, so hopefully it'll still be part of the initial check. Also I know technically my action's AFTER his, but the combat advantage was already gained, and the whole distracting the guard thing is just thematic.
In case it's not clear, her message to Mark was basically an IC way of saying "He's vulnerable, Use Power Attack. Doesn't matter which he picks to attack, they're both vulnerable.

Switching Mental Array to Telepathy so Lillian can communicate in cognito.
She can speak to/read the mind of everyone within 100' (Except Dermal.. I think the helmet blocks the mental communication as well, not just the mind reading.).
She's reading everyone's minds, Will DC 17. It's subtle so only those with special mental senses can notice it, and rapid so she can process the thoughts of so many at once (Along with her mental quickness). It's also limited to surface thoughts, I'm just using it to see if anybody's thinking anything interesting:
IE are any of the 'other' people in the room secretly cops/heroes wondering how to intervene, are the gaurds thinking something like 'just gotta hold'em till backup gets here in 30 seconds', etc, etc.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Stark Tower

Postby Evolución » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:43 am

Beck shoots the cameras down with well aimed burst of fire, while the guard onto whom Lilian is almost climbing gets distracted by the villainess antics.

Cameras are destroyed! Guard 2 is vulnerable vs Mark's next attack. Still waiting on the initiatives

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Mark Dobson

Mark watched as Goblin took out the cameras. Probably be more security now on the upper floors. No problem, he thought, as long as they don't call the freaking Avengers, we should be good.

"Hey dumba%%! I told you to throw your weapons down. Are you freaking deaf? Maybe this'll open your ears!"

Mark points his right hand in the direction of the guard not encumbered with Lillian and fires a quick blast.

Repulsor blast attack = 1d20+7=17

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:45 pm

So to be clear, Mark is specifically avoiding the benefits of the set-up?

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:50 pm

OOC: Initiative: 1d20+3=13

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:20 pm

jemal wrote:
So to be clear, Mark is specifically avoiding the benefits of the set-up?

Lilian gave the set up benefit to Dr Beck/Green Goblin. Unless I misunderstood the post?

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Oops I see the problem now, it was going to be the doc then I changed my mind cuz he'd already posted. I changed the IF reference to mark but forgot the ooc comment. It is supposed to be mark.

Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Battle at Stark Tower

Postby Evolución » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:56 am

Jack remains in the shadows for now... (As I didn't get an initiative from him)

One of the guards seems ready to act as soon as anyone takes an offensive action, and that's Beck. He levels his gun and fires at the Green Goblin! The gun fires a small rocket, that misses Beck completelly, but turns around mid air and heads straight to him! (Guard 1 missesBeck but has homing on his attack, will roll the other attack next round)

The guard is taken by surprise by the sudden blast of energy projecting from Mark's palm, it impacts straight in his chest. You are all surprised however, as the blast destroys most of his cloths and skin, revealing a metal breastplate! The parts of his neck that are exposed also reveal several wiring and servomotors. The "guard" doesn't seem to concerned about this and proclaims "Engage". Seconds later he opens fire at Mark, missing, perhaps by the damage he's taken, or by Lillian's distraction. The rocket he fired turns around a few feet behind him!
(Guard 2 is hit by Mark, he failsby two degrees, and takes an injure and is dazed. Also you now know he's a robot -and why Lillian didn't get any reading on their thoughts-! Guard 2 misses Mark, his homing attack will resolve next round.)

Dermal, Jack, Lillian and then Beck and Mark are Up (mixz and match as you want) and then the guards again.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:55 pm

Lillian

Robots, Really? I can't really do much about Robots..
Damnit, of course Stark would use Robots.. This may take a little longer than anticipated guys. Goblin, you may be able to take out those homing missiles with your razor bats before they impact! Everyone else focus on the damaged one and kick his shiny metal ass!

*NOTE: Your description has both guards firing and missing and both rockets turning around, but your ooc text only mentions one homing rocket resolving next round.. I've written this presuming they're both homing*

Lillian will stick with the telepathy for now, while maintaining her 'hiding in the corner' bimbo shtick and calling out 'suggestions' to her team-mates.

I'm hoping nobody has a problem with her 'background reading' giving her a general rundown of people's powers (I'm assuming she knows less of dermal since all she relies on is what the others know about him), so I quickly skimmed the sheets and saw that goblin has a multi-attack which could be used to destroy the homing missiles. Just thought I'd suggest it.

Mind reading is limited to surface thoughts, but it's 100' area and is rapid, so she should be able to pick up on say security coming down elevators or people upstairs who've noticed whats going on, etc.

If it looks like the others are having trouble she'll join in but until then she's keeping herself hidden.
She's kindof a mastermind/support role anyways.

Return to “M&M Game Room”