Shinisei (2e, Generating...)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Shinisei (2e, Generating...)

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Any one of those three.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:46 pm

XeroKhan wrote:*cough, cough* first mate. *cough, cough*

Your offer shall be considered.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Actually, not to make it so we don't have a lot of vehicles, but would your ship welcome an engineer, perhaps with a small ship they could dock to yours?

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Just so I'm clear, are these mechs necessarily ginormous? Xero had a Colossal one, I was thinking something more akin to the size of the mechs in Visions of Escaflowne.

Would smaller mechs be a good idea, or will they just end up being useless?
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Postby XeroKhan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:59 pm

Welcome aboard, Matey. We be needin' an Engineer for me ship, for she be needin' many more o' crew member. (Sorry, too much Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag still in my mind) :P .

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:59 pm

Good question. Clarification would help. I was shooting for a support vehicle myself.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:18 am

Questions:

You said PL 6 or 8. Will this be a vote, and then everyone sticks to the chosen PL, or is it an individual choice and we each get to choose?
If the latter, will you be using the common 'lower PL means more PP' switch that many on the boards use?
If so, will it be
A) PL 8 = standard PP, PL 6 = more;
B) PL 6 = standard, PL 8 = less;
C) Neither is standard and you'll tell us what they are?

How are we supposed to make the Mechas? As equipment, devices, sidekicks, separate characters? You mentioned the Mecha & Manga book, is it required to play in this game?

Also I PM'd you an idea for a character I'm thinking of.

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:22 am

So I have a swordsman who uses different stances to make him better at combat. A defensive stance, offensive and a balanced Stance. Maybe a couple limit breaks in there since we are talking fantasy.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby zeone3000 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:55 pm

@XeroKhan
Not going over the numbers, everything looks acceptable except a few things. Being PL 6, you were likely more of a Lieutenant. Then, the airship (And this just by the picture you have mind you) would a be an older model and not Magitech unless you pirated a recent model.

Are mechs considered Devices or Equipment?

They are Devices.

Are these mechs necessarily ginormous?

The standard size for SoulFrames are Gargantuan.

@dreamking89
The reasons Xero's is so big is because it's not a SoulFrame but an Airship.

Would smaller mechs be a good idea, or will they just end up being useless?

Smaller SoulFrames? There could be use for them. They would still be the same PL as the bigger ones. They just wouldn't be as strong or tough at base.

@Crazyivan777
Giant Robots, like Gundams and their counterparts.

Will this be a vote, and then everyone sticks to the chosen PL, or is it an individual choice and we each get to choose?

Individual choice. Each character will start with PP appropriate to their PL. Then their SoulFrame may start with more points if they choose to have one from the start. Otherwise, they will receive PP at an increase rate to catch up with the others. Basically, PP will happen at different rates for everyone but challenges will be planned and balanced accordingly.
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:17 am

So if I understand this correctly, I'm going to build a PL 8 character, I'll let you approve of him and THEN I add the PP needed for his mech?

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:17 am

So what I'm getting is that everybody makes a PL 6-8 character, doesn't spend any of those points on his 'mech', and then afterwards you give us an allotment of points to be spent on a device that functions as our 'soulframe', correct?

Now, is the soulframe an extention of our base character, or a separate entity?

AKA if one of the base characterss had Str 18, would the soulframe have enhanced strength on top of what he had, or would it be built off it's own stats, like an alternate form or something?

metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Postby metool2 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:46 am

Might be good to clear that up then. XD As my take was I built from the same pool.
" This flag says I will fight until only my bones remain. "
Kamen Rider Builds

zeone3000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby zeone3000 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:46 pm

jemal wrote:So what I'm getting is that everybody makes a PL 6-8 character, doesn't spend any of those points on his 'mech', and then afterwards you give us an allotment of points to be spent on a device that functions as our 'soulframe', correct?

Correct.

Now, is the soulframe an extention of our base character, or a separate entity?

Separate entity.
]My first fanfic - Log of the Grinning Shadow - Chapter four is now up! Enjoy!

Shadow13
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Shadow13 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:35 pm

ok my concept so far will be a Half-elf swordsman who rides a motorcycle which transforms into power armor. Kinda channelling a FF7 cloud theme combined with cyclcones+knight sabers.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member13977.png[/img][/url]

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dreamking89 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:13 am

Ok, I have a build for my guy. Backstory, picture and complications will come soon after. (For an FYI: I referred to the technology used to build the mechs and other magical devices as "Arcanetech")

Orca, the Firedust Hurricane

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 120/120

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +2 (14), INT: +5 (20), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +2/+7, Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Bluff 5 (+8), Climb 5 (+5), Diplomacy 5 (+8), Gather Information 4 (+7), Intimidate 2 (+5), Investigate 2 (+7), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 5 (+10), Notice 4 (+6), Pilot 4 (+7), Search 2 (+7), Swim 5 (+5)

Feats: Artificer, Attack Focus (ranged) 4, Attractive (+4), Bullet Time, Conspiracy Theorist, Defensive Roll 5, Improved Aim, Jack-of-All-Trades, Mecha Pilot Proficiency (Typhon), Mechanical Genius 2 (Alchemy, Arcanetech), Precise Shot 2, Quick Draw 2, Taunt

Powers:
Dual Firedust Pistols (Device 4) (Easy to lose)
. . Blast 8 (DC 23)
Quicksilver Mind (Quickness 5) (Perform routine tasks at 50x speed; One Type (Mental))

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +8, Melee: +4, Grapple: +4)

Attacks: Blast 8, +8 (DC 23), Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 15)

Defense: +9 (Flat-footed: +5), Knockback: -3

Initiative: +3

Languages: Native Language

Totals: Abilities 30 + Skills 13 (49 ranks) + Feats 23 + Powers 15 + Combat 26 + Saves 13 + Drawbacks 0 = 120
Last edited by dreamking89 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “M&M Game Room”